Triplicities

UraSatVen1029

I'm back. :)

I remembered someone mentioned about Triplicity in a chart, although that person wasn't sure if it could be considered in my chart. I read another thread here about a chart having Triplicities and how its used mostly in hellenistic astrology. It works in a certain way depending upon planets involved, and there's this thing where a native goes on a lifepath similar to the "zero to hero" experience based on the lords. Or it could be the reverse. There's too much info to take in about this so I'm still a little confused. Can someone elaborate further?

Oh can someone confirm if my chart has the triplicity or not? I'm born during the day, close to the noon. I think the Sun would play a more important factor in this right? Or are there other factors to consider? And if there is, how would it play out?

http://imgur.com/a/aLu4y

Oh hi, I guess it was me who said that I'm not sure if I would consider your Venus in triplicity haha. :happy: Maybe someone else said this as well, but I definitely said something similar. But that's because of my own ideas which don't exactly match the traditional ones. I'm still testing them.

Yeah, one of the uses of triplicities is to sort of break down the person's life into three parts and see if one will be successful and happy at a certain part of his life or not. I guess you can call these parts youth, middle age and old age. Apparently they last about 30 years each but it's rather questionable.

Since you were born at day and you have your Sun in a water sign (Scorpio), the order of planets controlling each part of life, according to the traditional Dorothean triplicities for you is as following: Venus, Mars, the Moon.

Venus is in detriment, but in triplicity, Cazimi, in the 11th house, conjunct Mercury, square the Moon, trine Jupiter, sextile Mars. Quite a lot going on! Probably a rather sociable time of your life, with an acute interest in learning and education but with some emotional turmoil. Generally it's a beneficent and happy time of your life, when the things go your way. The Sun acts as a shield against anything bad.

Mars is peregrine, in the 9th house, sextile the Sun, Venus and Mercury and opposite Jupiter. Here things begin to go not as smoothly and your actions are required. You can get more religious and philosophical in your general attitude towards life. The luck is possible, but can be postponed. You may feel lost and not have a clear direction in life. The only way to overcome this is to use your head and brains which will happen regardless of you wanting to do it or not (good reception of Mercury and Mars).

The Moon is peregrine, in the 2nd house, square the Sun, Venus and Mercury and sextile Saturn. It's a rather neutral stage of your life. Here you take a more contemplative approach to life, preferring less action. Big interest in money matters is possible, don't become stingy. You've learned to accept the hardships of life. You may feel less energetic and deal with troubles in your love life, quite possibly your mental processes are not as sharp as before. You can be quite happy during that time, but it won't come easy to you.

Well, that's about it. I've gotta say that I haven't done this before so I can't say that this is all definitely true. Moreover, it's just one technique, which is a very interesting one, but not exactly conclusive. A lot of factors come into play. I'm curious what other forum members have to offer. :whistling:

Last edited:

UraSatVen1029

Oh hi, I guess it was me who said that I'm not sure if I would consider your Venus in triplicity haha. :happy: Maybe someone else said this as well, but I definitely said something similar. But that's because of my own ideas which don't exactly match the traditional ones. I'm still testing them.

Yeah, one of the uses of triplicities is to sort of break down the person's life into three parts and see if one will be successful and happy at a certain part of his life or not. I guess you can call these parts youth, middle age and old age. Apparently they last about 30 years each but it's rather questionable.

Since you were born at day and you have your Sun in a water sign (Scorpio), the order of planets controlling each part of life, according to the traditional Dorothean triplicitues for you is as following: Venus, Mars, the Moon.

Venus is in detriment, but in triplicity, Cazimi, in the 11th house, conjunct Mercury, square the Moon, trine Jupiter, sextile Mars. Quite a lot going on! Probably a rather sociable time of your life, with an acute interest in learning and education but with some emotional turmoil. Generally it's a beneficent and happy time of your life, when the things go your way. The Sun acts as a shield against anything bad.

Mars is peregrine, in the 9th house, sextile the Sun, Venus and Mercury and opposite Jupiter. Here things begin to go not as smoothly and your actions are required. You can get more religious and philosophical in your general attitude towards life. The luck is possible, but can be postponed. You may feel lost and not have a clear direction in life. The only way to overcome this is to use your head and brains which will happen regardless of you wanting to do it or not (good reception of Mercury and Mars).

The Moon is peregrine, in the 2nd house, square the Sun, Venus and Mercury and sextile Saturn. It's a rather neutral stage of your life. Here you take a more contemplative approach to life, preferring less action. Big interest in money matters is possible, don't become stingy. You've learned to accept the hardships of life. You may feel less energetic and deal with troubles in your love life, quite possibly your mental processes are not as sharp as before. You can be quite happy during that time, but it won't come easy to you.

Well, that's about it. I've gotta say that I haven't done this before so I can't say that this is all definitely true. Moreover, it's just one technique, which is a very interesting one, but not exactly conclusive. A lot of factors come into play. I'm curious what other forum members have to offer. :whistling:

Actually, I think there was another person who said some things about triplicity in my chart, I think way before you replied to my other post. But yes! It was you haha. Nice to see you again :) I was re-checking my emails and I happen to stumble into one of your replies that notified me thru email so I read it again, and got to thinking about Triplicity since I never really understood that one.

Thank you for that really descriptive breakdown! I too, am also really curious about what the others have to say about this :) Hmm, 30 yrs each? Has there been evidence enough that each one of them lasted about 30 years?

JUPITERASC

I'm back. :)

I remembered someone mentioned about Triplicity in a chart, although that person wasn't sure if it could be considered in my chart. I read another thread here about a chart having Triplicities and how its used mostly in hellenistic astrology. It works in a certain way depending upon planets involved, and there's this thing where a native goes on a lifepath similar to the "zero to hero" experience based on the lords. Or it could be the reverse. There's too much info to take in about this so I'm still a little confused. Can someone elaborate further?

Oh can someone confirm if my chart has the triplicity or not? I'm born during the day, close to the noon. I think the Sun would play a more important factor in this right? Or are there other factors to consider? And if there is, how would it play out?

http://imgur.com/a/aLu4y

The rationale behind the selection of the triplicity rulerships
can only be explained by reference to how the triplicity rulers
were used in Hellenistic astrology.
The article the classical use of triplicities
demonstrates their early use
and also explains a philosophy
that became an intrinsic foundation to aspect meanings.
It is worth noting that there were originally three rulers for each triplicity
which changed their priority of rulership
according to whether the chart was cast for day or night.
Triplicity rulership became simplified to one main ruler by day
and another by night as the significance attached to their use
became diminished through the ages.

Finding a ruler of a triplicity situated in its triplicity
during its period of power is another indication of dignity and strength.
Lilly says that it shows a man: modestly endued with the Goods and Fortune of this world.
While good, its condition is not as strong as a planet in its own sign or exaltation.

Ibn Ezra compared the situation to a man in the house of his relatives
- his position is not as strong and comfortable as when he is in his own home
and he wouldn't expect to receive the same level of respect as an honoured guest
but he is in a familiar, relaxed environment :smile:
and so this is considered to be a comfortable position
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/dig3.html

The rationale behind the selection of the triplicity rulerships
can only be explained by reference to how the triplicity rulers
were used in Hellenistic astrology.
The article the classical use of triplicities
demonstrates their early use
and also explains a philosophy
that became an intrinsic foundation to aspect meanings.
It is worth noting that there were originally three rulers for each triplicity
which changed their priority of rulership
according to whether the chart was cast for day or night.
Triplicity rulership became simplified to one main ruler by day
and another by night as the significance attached to their use
became diminished through the ages.

Finding a ruler of a triplicity situated in its triplicity
during its period of power is another indication of dignity and strength.
Lilly says that it shows a man: modestly endued with the Goods and Fortune of this world.
While good, its condition is not as strong as a planet in its own sign or exaltation.

Ibn Ezra compared the situation to a man in the house of his relatives
- his position is not as strong and comfortable as when he is in his own home
and he wouldn't expect to receive the same level of respect as an honoured guest
but he is in a familiar, relaxed environment :smile:
and so this is considered to be a comfortable position
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/dig3.html

Thank you for this post Jupiterasc, i am new here as I just found the forum. But i never understood what triplicities are until now. So thank you!