Stop Smoking

Michael

Anyone wants to stop smoking?.

If you want to stop smoking, you stop smoking. If you don't want to stop smoking, you don't stop smoking.

For free personalized advice:

Please send me a PM.

P.S. This is not a business advert, just free help.

Last edited:

Mandy

So many previously chronic smokers I know have given up with the help of Allen Carr. I've heard his clinic is amazing and I think the clinic in London even offers a money-back guarantee.

I gave up cold-turkey my 12 year, 30 a day, habit almost 2 months ago with the help? of Jupiter transiting my 6th :)

If you want to give-up smoking...DON'T LIGHT ONE! #isassimpleasthat

Last edited:

Sagmoon

Alan Carr didn't help me..:( Well i did quit after a month after reading him, but started again after three weeks... I'm going to try again, soon, maybe.

Mark

Best way to quit smoking: be honest with yourself. If you want to quit, then you have the will power. If you don't want to quit, you aren't going to. Be honest about whether or not you really want to smoke. If you do want to smoke, you won't have any success in quiting until you've found a reason to make you want to stop. Until you've found your reason to stop, puff away because that's what you've chosen to do.

By the way, I do get really tired of the double standard high horse that anti-smokers tend to ride. It isn't so bad in this thread, but it can get bad. If you eat fast food with any kind of regularity (even once a week), you are being just a destructive to your body as a light smoker. If you eat fast food everyday, then you might as well be a heavy smoker. Obesity and diabetes today claim far more lives per year than tobacco ever has.

Mandy

cancer, early aging
...are exactly my motivations. If you can have white teeth, beautiful skin, air in your lungs to do any type of exercise you want, along with all that money you save its a no-brainer which one to choose. Four months and going ... :innocent:

Sometimes I miss it so much, but the cravings get less and less as times goes by, plus I'd rather die trying than give in. Its the motto you have to have.

wintersprite1

Premium Member
I quit smoking almost 3 years ago. Astrologically, Saturn was running through my 8th house. Monetary issues were the crux of needing to quit, and my income is direct from other people (not a company) the second house from the 7th. I decided to approach smoking like how methadone clinics work, seeing each cigarette as a prescribed dose. I scheduled time for each cigarette and increased the time between each day. The final days I was down to one. The big help was that my children were in charge of hiding the packs from me and were the ones that doled them out at the specific time. (kids can be cruel with a little power:crying:) The last day, Saturn had been RX and stationed on my natal Pluto.

TK

Ravellian

By the way, I do get really tired of the double standard high horse that anti-smokers tend to ride. It isn't so bad in this thread, but it can get bad. If you eat fast food with any kind of regularity (even once a week), you are being just a destructive to your body as a light smoker. If you eat fast food everyday, then you might as well be a heavy smoker. Obesity and diabetes today claim far more lives per year than tobacco ever has.

It has nothing to do with how bad it is for them. [deleted over the top comment- moderator]

Smokers have caused me so much pain and aggravation......from having to breathe in their second-hand smoke, worry about getting the scent on my clothes, to having to step over sprawling meadows of their littered cigarettes.......it's not just tobacco that's bad - there are thousands of chemicals stuffed in there - no one should have to go anywhere near such irredeemable abominations; yet smokers treat shared space like it is nothing more than a giant ash tray.

I have plenty of compassion and sympathy for people with obesity - it affects no one but themselves. Young smokers who have known their whole lives how abrasive it is to the senses of others - are just plain negligent and inconsiderate

Last edited by a moderator:

Mandy

Ravellian,

The comment you had deleted was "plain negligent and inconsiderate", to say the least. As big a problem as obesity is for obese individuals, their problem also stems from an addiction which kills. Consequences of obesity: One, eating behaviour of obese parents tends to be passed down to their children. Two, obesity kills and that affects the people they leave behind. Three, health problems, as direct results of obesity, cost the tax payer (YOU), millions of pounds every year. It may also surprise you that smokers are not responsible (or given a vote) for what manufacturers put into fags and that non-smokers also litter streets with larger articles than fag ash. If you have a problem with smokers who pollute the air you breathe, or scent your clothes, please take it up with them.

Last edited:

axxelyon

Smoking is dangerous for your health. If you need to live long and stay healthy so you must quite smoking. For quite smoking you must need help from your friends and families. Ask for doctor and ask your goal for quite smoking.

Ravellian

Ravellian,

The comment you had deleted was "plain negligent and inconsiderate", to say the least. As big a problem as obesity is for obese individuals, their problem also stems from an addiction which kills. Consequences of obesity: One, eating behaviour of obese parents tends to be passed down to their children. Two, obesity kills and that affects the people they leave behind. Three, health problems, as direct results of obesity, cost the tax payer (YOU), millions of pounds every year. It may also surprise you that smokers are not responsible (or given a vote) for what manufacturers put into fags and that non-smokers also litter streets with larger articles than fag ash. If you have a problem with smokers who pollute the air you breathe, or scent your clothes, please take it up with them.

Not really; I never wished anything bad upon them, just expressed my indifference if something bad does happen to them. It wasn't going to hurt anyone, unlike cigarette smoke and littered cigarettes. I think that some of you might have been too appalled by it to bother to comprehend my larger point, which has scarcely been argued against.

You don't really understand why I have no problem with the obese. First, I'm from the US, where our healthcare system probably doesn't extend medical treatment as readily to the segment of the population which is most often obese (lower and lower-middle class people), as well as the Western European Nations do. Given politics in the US, I would gladly pay for any medical procedures obese people need - it's a whole lot better than what it usually goes towards (wars, military industrial complex, bailing out the biggest companies in the private sector).

Second, some obese people are probably so because they are too poor to afford healthy food - obesity is pretty much a non-issue in the upper class. I guess you could also make an argument that poor people are so stressed and therefore take up smoking as a way to cope - but it would be a rather weak one, as there are many ways to deal with stress, and only one basic way to give your body fuel.

Thirdly, if obesity is passed down from generation to generation, I wonder how much of that has to do with a genetic predisposition - I would be willing to bet a good portion of it is. Yet another reason to absolve the obese.

And lastly - I guess you're right that obesity does affect other people if an obese parent dies young and leaves their family behind. Oh well - it still matters absolutely nothing to me, because it still has no direct effect on my quality of experience or well-being. While I would very much like a similar quality of experience for the collective, this is peripheral to the main point of contention I have with smokers, whose habit is abrasive to the senses of anyone who crosses its path.

I also have a problem with other litter, but I'd be willing to bet there is a lot of overlap there - since smokers are one of the most inconsiderate segments of the population, and often careless enough to throw their cigarettes on the ground, they probably wouldn't have as much of a problem with other litter as non-smokers.

If I haven't gotten through to some of you yet - what matters to me isn't the effect that smoking/cigarettes has on smokers, but the unwanted effect it has on the unwitting. I don't care if smokers smoke on their property, provided the fumes don't waft onto other peoples (then it is a problem again). But, as I've said they often treat shared space as if it is their own ash tray; when perpetrated in public, cigarette smoke ceases to be an individual habit and becomes a collective experience, shared by those of us who are unfortunate enough to occupy the same area, or be walking through it.

My post is a response to Mark's failing to acknowledge that anti-smokers don't always (or don't usually) care about what smokers do to their bodies - it's what they do to us. So the analogy to the obese and fast-food eating was irrelevant.

Last edited:

Mandy

bla bla bla and what about obese people who smoke to suppress their appetite? would you pay for their treatment or would you decide to let them die? Nobody cares; you are not God.

p.s., Get your facts straight in future (and read my post again).

wintersprite1

Premium Member
Okay, everyone needs to take a chill. This thread has continued because it is in the General Chat area. The subject is about smoking and how it is something the OP would like to quit. This has become redirected into another health issue, and really does not need to come down to which is worse. Bah, they both suck :) The conversation may continue, but please tone down the direct personal attacks on the other members. This thread has had multiple deletions by members and moderators alike. Be nice, we can discuss the issues without resorting to childish attacks.

TK

pudinnpop

Winerspite..I LOVE how u quit!!! Can u elaborate on u divided the smokes thrughout the day???..I need to quit as well...

Mandy

Okay, everyone needs to take a chill. This thread has continued because it is in the General Chat area. The subject is about smoking and how it is something the OP would like to quit. This has become redirected into another health issue, and really does not need to come down to which is worse. Bah, they both suck :) The conversation may continue, but please tone down the direct personal attacks on the other members. This thread has had multiple deletions by members and moderators alike. Be nice, we can discuss the issues without resorting to childish attacks.

TK

wintersprite1,

I appreciate your aim to keep peace, but do you realise your post reads like a personal attack? The purpose of my response to Ravellian was pragmatic: to inform him about the thoughtlessness in his statements which are divorced from reality and decency. Speaking to another adult, your response is derogatory. I suggest you chill. I do not need to be told to be nice. I am nice. Please do not do that again. Thanks.

Smoking is very harmful for our body, it cause lung function and it can increase the risk of heart attack. The Fume Smoking is effect all the person which are surrounding you, it can increase the blood pressure and it make our skin and lips dark. To quit smoking with help of your doctor's and friends's support.

steavhodge

I am also agreed that smoking is the bad habit. It has so many health problem. Lung cancer from using tobacco is a result of the tar in cigarettes. Using the cigarette during pregnancy increases the risk of low birth weight.

Last edited: