few beginner questions

mizz

1. what is the best time for drawing a chart about a question? some say it should be when the question first pops in your head, others say the right time for asking the question is when you have drawn the chart, means that is the time when question is born.. i don't know if m putting it right,but if you get what i mean please explain; lets say i have a question in mind, now it popped in my head, i was busy with something, 2 days later i remembered i had to draw a chart for this question so i drew this chart for it, now is this chart valid even if i drew it after 2 days the first time the question popped in my head?

2. how to decide if the hour ruler and AC ruler are in conformity? e.g what about sun and venus?

3. what about if ruler of hour and ruler of AC both are in same sign? if this whats meant by triplicity?

4.what shall one look at if the chart is radical, but there is no aspect between ruler of AC and ruler of the house the question is about,planet B, and also no aspect between moon and that planet B? what next to look at?

excuse my naive-ness please and just guide me through the above

Thank you:happy:

BobZemco

1. what is the best time for drawing a chart about a question? some say it should be when the question first pops in your head, others say the right time for asking the question is when you have drawn the chart, means that is the time when question is born.. i don't know if m putting it right,but if you get what i mean please explain; lets say i have a question in mind, now it popped in my head, i was busy with something, 2 days later i remembered i had to draw a chart for this question so i drew this chart for it, now is this chart valid even if i drew it after 2 days the first time the question popped in my head?

The test is always the same. When you have a clear and concise understanding of exactly what it is that you want to know. It could take you several days to a few weeks to fully understand what is it that you want to know.

This is the internet, but normally you would visit your astrologer or call them on the telephone and talk them. The astrologer would help guide you and through your conversation, s/he would develop a keen sense of what it is you really want to know and cast a chart at that time (usually set for the location of the astrologer).

If the astrologer never gained an understanding, then they would terminate the conversation and ask you to contact them at a later date. And then after having dwelt on the matter, when you contacted the astrologer again they would probably gain an understanding through your conversation.

For the best results, it does require that one be "true to thine own self."

2. how to decide if the hour ruler and AC ruler are in conformity? e.g what about sun and venus?

Ideally, the Hour Ruler should be the Ascendant Ruler. If not, then we want the Hour Ruler to either rule the Triplicity of the Ascending Sign, or be in the same Triplicity of the Ascending Sign.

If not, then we want the Hour Ruler to agree with the Ascending Sign by Nature.

If Saturn would be the Hour Ruler, Saturn's Nature is Cold & Dry. If Capricorn is rising, then that is not a problem because 1) Saturn rules Capricorn, and 2) the Nature of Capricorn is Cold & Dry.

So if Virgo would be rising, the Nature of Virgo, as an Earth Sign is Cold & Dry, and so Saturn would be in agreement with Virgo.

3. what about if ruler of hour and ruler of AC both are in same sign? if this whats meant by triplicity?

No, but that would make the chart radical.

The Triplicities are:

Fire (Aries Leo Sagittarius)
Earth (Taurus Virgo Capricorn)
Air (Gemini Libra Aquarius)
Water (Cancer Scorpio Pisces)

I use Ptolemaic Triplicities, so there are two Triplicity Rulers, one for the Day, and one for the Night.

A chart is a Day Chart if the Sun is Above Earth/Above Horizon. It is a Night Chart if the Sun is Below Earth/Below Horizon.

The Ascendant-Descendant line is the horizon. Where ever on Earth you were born, when you looked at the east or west at that time, those are the Signs you would see on the Ascendant/Descendant.

If you looked straight up into the heavens, that is the Midheaven. Whatever Sign was cruising through at the moment of your birth, or the time you cast any chart, will be the Sign of the Midheaven.

The Day/Night Rulers for each Triplicity are:

Fire: Sun/Jupiter
Earth: Venus/Moon
Air: Saturn/Mercury
Water: Mars/Mars

The Dorothean System has 3 Triplicity Rulers, a Day, Night and Participator.

I've jumped back and forth, but have settled (for now) on Ptolemy's (true) Terms and Triplicities, but I still use the Dorothean Triplicities for many things.

The Dorothean System is:

Fire: Sun/Jupiter/Saturn
Earth: Venus/Moon/Mars
Air: Saturn/Mercury/Jupiter
Water: Venus/Mars/Moon

4.what shall one look at if the chart is radical, but there is no aspect between ruler of AC and ruler of the house the question is about,planet B, and also no aspect between moon and that planet B? what next to look at?

After you checked the Hour Ruler you would want to look for warnings.

An Ascendant in the Early/Late Degrees is a warning to you. Lily says 3° and 27° is Early/Late but he's the only one. Older texts simply say the early degrees or later degrees. I consider that to be the first and last 5°.

If the Ascendant is early, the Question is premature. Not enough things have happened. You need to understand that so you can read the chart correctly. A radical chart will give indicators to support that. Look for aspects from Planets that are not significators to Planets that are significators, because that would show obstacles if squares or oppositions, or things that are ongoing like sextiles or trines.

You see that a lot in Job Questions where the Querent has applied, but the employer is just not ready to hire yet, for whatever reason.

You also see it in relationship Questions. "Yes, he'll go out with you as soon as you kick your current boyfriend out of your apartment" (some people don't understand the things you can see with Horary).

A late Ascendant indicates it's over. The Querent already knows the answer to the Question, they're just asking out of sheer desperation, or perhaps in some instances frustration. They want you to "say it it isn't so, Joe."

The next thing is Via Combusta. That is a region between 15° Libra and 15° Scorpio. There are many Fixed Stars and Nebula in that region and the majority are either ill or violent. If the Ascendant is Via Combusta, it means the situation could change very suddenly, so it's important to read the chart as tightly as you can, and check the Ascending Degree for conjunctions with Fixed Stars (and I would point out that often there are ill or violent Fixed Stars culminating on the Midheaven as well).

If the Moon is Via Combusta, the Querent is experiencing extreme angst.

There is a safe-haven at (if I'm not mistaken) 23° Libra which is the Fixed Star Spica. That is a benefic star, so the Moon or Ascendant at 23° Libra is conjunct Spica and that negates the Via Combusta.

Then check the Moon's course. If the Moon will not make an aspect to a Planet or Light before exiting the Sign it is in, then the Moon is Void of Course and nothing will happen. Read the chart to find out why nothing will happen (it will tell you).

Then look at Saturn. If Saturn is not a significator, but is in the Ascendant, then the Question will suffer delays and setbacks. See if Saturn is in aspect to a primary or secondary significator.

If Saturn is in the 7th House, it means either that the Querent is hiding information from you, which could prevent you from accurately interpreting the chart, or it means you don't know enough about the subject matter to give an accurate reading. That may be because the Question is about a legal matter, or health issue or financial issue and perhaps you just don't have any knowledge or expertise in those fields to really know what's happening. It's not a crime. Normally you would ask another astrologer to review it.

If Saturn is in the 7th and not a significator and is Out-of-Sect then the Querent is the issue. Otherwise if Saturn is Occidental or Retrograde or Peregrine that often indicates it's beyond your knowledge.

We're generally concerned with aspects between the Querent's significator and the Planet that represents the Matter, and also the Moon.

Certain Horary Questions also have secondary significators. For most (but not all) relationship Questions that will be the Sun for men and Venus and for women.

In Job/Career Questions, the 3rd and 9th House Rulers are also secondary significators. In certain 7th House Questions the Planet last aspected by the Moon and the Planet the Moon is applying to are also significators, and sometimes the 2nd and 8th House rulers are significators as well (especially for conflicts and legal issues). For many 2nd House Questions, that also includes Jupiter as a secondary significator (since he is the General Significator of Wealth).

So if there are no aspects between the primary significators or the Moon, you would look at the secondary significators, assuming there are secondaries for that particular Matter.