Spica in Houses

princess valhalla

Yes, actually I believe that Spica rescues any planet from debility within Spica's orb of longitudinal conjunction-following Robson here, that would be from 21 Libra through 26 Libra.
Also, do not forget the almost conjunct Arcturus (24 Libra), every bit as fortunate and constructive as Spica, another glorius star: this 23/24 Libra area is pretty much made highly beneficial, for any cusp or planet which falls in these degrees.

Dr. Farr,

What does it mean if the vertex of my natal chart is at 24 degree Libra?

Thanks,

Sarah

dr. farr

Means everything affinitive to the Vertex (that is, everything the vertex stands for/means) will be modified by the qualities of Arcturus-also, via the Vertex through Arcturus, the constellation Bootes will have a significant influence upon the natal chart.

princess valhalla

Thank you Dr. Farr. Pluto in my natal chart sits at 21 degrees Libra so it makes a connection with spica and arcturus as well, right?

Thanks again
Sarah

StillOne

Anyone have any thoughts on this scenario? Looks like Spica is conjunct my Sun/Ur conjunction...

Last edited:

princess valhalla

Hi StillOne. There isn't much info on the web. I did follow this link Dr. Farr and JA suggested. http://constellationsofwords.com/stars/Spica.html

With Sun: Great and lasting preferment, eminent dignity, immense wealth, great happiness to native's parents and children, help from friends among clergy, favorable for public and legal affairs. If culminating, Church and State preferment. If with Venus and Mars also the native is a potent king obeyed by many people, but subject to many infirmities. [Robson*, p.211.]

With Uranus: Mediumistic, popular, business connected with ornaments, gain through marriage, fortunate, sudden natural death. [Robson*, p.212.]

The website said nothing about the my vertex though. lol

princess valhalla

speaking of Sirius, in the Harry Potter series, JK Rowling using several fixed stars to name some of the characters it seems.
Sirius Black (love that character), son of Orion and elder brother of Regulus Black. His cousins are Bellatrix, and favorite cousin Andromeda. Grandfather was Arcturus Black III, other grandfather, Pollux Black.
Of course there is Draco Malfoy.
Then there is Remus Lupin, who transforms into a werewolf. Lupin apparently seems to be a spin on Lupus.
There is probably more.
Doesn't seem like a coincidence.

Not to mention Sirius Black's animagus was a Black DOG.

Sorry for the diversion from original thread!

Last edited:

dr. farr

Anyone have any thoughts on this scenario? Looks like Spica is conjunct my Sun/Ur conjunction...

Here are a few stellar longitudinal conjunctions from your natal (NOTE: stars also join planets by Parallel of declination; any of these P of decl star connections will modify the influences of stars in longitudinal conjunction, if applicable to a particular planet or major degree-like ascendant, MC, POF, etc)

-ascendant: Sirius + Canopus
-MC: Enif
-Sun, Uranus: Spica + Arcturus
-Moon: Rigel
-Venus: Antares + Han
-Mars: Sheratan
-Jupiter: Giedi Prima
-Saturn: Propus

Last edited:

JerryRR

"The website said nothing about the vertex though."

The vertex works as an auxillary Descendant.Pottenger suggests it is not as important as the actual Dsc,but like the Dsc operates as a point of projection.

J.R.

princess valhalla

Thank you Jerry. I was having a hard time understanding the vertex in general, but likening it to the Descendent helps me understand it more. Funny I have a bowl chart with All of my planets being on the right side of my chart, with the exception of chiron in my 12th (not a personal planet anyway.)

Sarah

princess valhalla

yikes! that doesn't sound very good. I'm looking on the internet for some info on those transits, not too much info on antivertex/vertex transits. Do you mind giving me a brief interpretation of the transits?

Thanks again Jerry,

Sarah

JerryRR

Hi Sarah,
May I suggest you explore your Asc/Dsc.
I notice you have r UR con Dsc,PL con Vx and SU sq SA.
Sun moves 1 degree ish per day,Saturn is retro.

How was your Saturn return,if you do not mind me asking?

Jerry.

princess valhalla

i guess depressing is the best way to describe it. :/
Thank you for the suggestions, I am more than happy to explore these areas/aspects. :sideways:
I can say that I truly disdain having my sun square saturn. I've felt this restrictiveness my whole life than I wish I could somehow push through. :pinched:

JerryRR

I empathize with you.
Must feel like being Sisyphus sometimes?

Do you think posting when the Sun/Saturn was on your Ax/Vx,is just coincidence?

May I ask are you contemplating big changes in your life?