Please help interpreting my Philosophy teacher's birth chart for a school work

Lissa

Well,

As some of you may already know,me and my peers will be having a debate about Astrology somewhere next week,on our Philosophy class.So our teacher sort of "dared" us to interpret chart,giving us her birth data.

The main goal is not to convert my classmates(and my teacher)to enthusiasthic Astrology students but only to have an interesting discussion on the pros and cons of Astrology and other people's ideas on the subject.Still,since I'm the only one in the class who's interested in Astrology,I want to make sure I don't ruin Astrology's reputation by telling my teacher inaccurate things about her life and her chart(and have my classmates making fun of me),which is why I'm asking for the input of some more skilled astrologers.My main goal is to delineate my teacher's psychological profile,basic personality traits and maybe talk about some meaningful life events that occurred in her past so to dazzle my class a bit:D(no,this is just me being a show-off).

So here's the chart:http://s153.photobucket.com/albums/s231/Lissa_C17/?action=view&current=StoradeFilosofia.gif

(I still have to figure out how to post charts on this site).

This chart has some confusing points,like the4Pisces planets occupying the1st house;kind of throws away the idea of the selfless Pisces.The chart seems to be sugesting my teacher was quite "flirty" when younger(Venus in Aries in the1st,Jupiter in the5th and an out-of-sign Moon/Mars conjunction in the8th)(she's married now so I'm assuming she's not like that anymore lol-that is,in case I'm right about this),but obvisouly,I won't tell my teacher this:eek: LOL.I can tell you my teacher is an adorable person,even if she has some trouble keeping us in line and making a stand,but the chart seems to be suggesting she knows how to bite when needed(Moon conjunct Mars in the8th and a1st house emphasis).

A Kite pointing at the1st house seems to be suggesting a life with a big emphasis on self-expression,and the North Node in the2nd supports this by showing a lifetime where the focus is on values of self-value and material means,but I believe the Pisces stellium expresses the Taurus North Node in a less materialistic way,probably more focused on security needs than material things.The Pluto/Uranus conjunction opposing Mercury/Chiron seems to be suggesting there was quite a bit of trouble and pain in relationships,but I don't wish to get so personal.

The MC in Sagittarius,disposed by a lovely Jupiter in Cancer(even if going Retrograde)in the5th suggests a far more creative work than teaching.On the other hand,Jupiter is the teacher,isn't it?,and the Retrograde motion of the planet says my teacher is learning how to handle her Jupiterian values in a different way in this lifetime,so maybe she does that through her teaching.

Alright,these are just my rambling observations on the chart.I sincerely thank any input given(and hope lots and lots of people give their input:D),and hope the inputs are good enough for me to give a good impression of astrology next Friday!

All the best,
Lissa

Carole

Lissa:

Well...I was thinking that if you gave an interpretation that is the sum of other's impressions on your teacher's chart, your own seal would be lost in the end. It wouldn't be your knowledge the one reflected on that report.
I think that your teacher must know that you are still studying and an honest application of what you have learned so far will be deeply appreciated by her, being the intuitive type herself.
From the things you have pointed out on your brief analysis I can tell you are able to do a pretty good job with her chart.

Good luck!

Carole

wilsontc

Staff member
help, to Lissa

Lissa,

You said:
this is just me being a show-off...hope the inputs are good enough for me to give a good impression of astrology next Friday

I think it helps to focus on the "big picture" in astrological chart. To start with, look at the chart pattern.

Your teacher has a see-saw chart.

According to Tracy Marks' The Art of Astrological Chart Interpretation.

Seesaw pattern - "Planets are divided into two groups, at least 60 degrees or two empty houses apart, with no more than one empty house within each group, and with at least one opposition...concerned with relationships, aware of alternatives, fluctuating between different parts of...[themselves], and attempting to maintain balance through...[their] ability to synthesize and compromise."

So your teacher goes back and forth and tries to find a "fair" solution for everybody (probably why she is even letting you do an astrological discussion in a Philosophy class! ;) ).

Her North node (future goals) is focused in the 2nd house (physical, also personal values/money) so her values and her money are very important to her.

Uranus (friends) focused in the 7th house (relationships) indicates someone who wants to be "friends" in relationships (close but not TOO close). Pluto (transformation, also control) focused in the 7th house indicates someone with a "control or be controlled" attitude toward relationships.

In honesty, giving this debate right now is not about you giving a "good impression of astrology", it is about you "showing off" (as you mentioned earlier). So, also in honesty, I hope, if you use ANY of the ideas you get from ANY other astrologers, you admit before your class that you are not the great "astrological guru" but simply a student of astrology and asked for help online for other people's thoughts on this chart. This will both show that you DON'T "know it all" and also that astrological thought is alive and well! :)

And if you want more astrological ideas, go to:
http://www.astro.com and post your request on the Forum there.

Honestly,

Tim

Last edited:

Lissa

Hi Tim and Carole,

Sorry if I didn't explain myself clearly,the whole idea of this is not to make me sound like a good "astrologer" but only to show my peers that Astrology is much more than what they read on the newspapers.I know I'm far from being a professional astrologer,everyone knows that(my teacher included),which is why I'd like to get the opinion of some more knowledgeable astrologers,so I can get something that can make my classmates feel like astrology does work,and that it is far more complex than just Sun sign Astrology.I don't even mind telling my class I got my info from a forum,they all know I'm a member of this forum so that's alright.In fact,this is part of a school project that our teacher will take into account on our evalution in the end of the year,and our group(we're6people in my group)decided to debate the subject of Astrology by diving the group into2: 3of us will be representing the Scientif mind,being asgainst astrology,and the other3will defend Astrology's reputation(can you guess of which group I make part of?:D).So I had to do a little research on the reason why people are against astrology,and I lend my group some of my Astrology books as well.

Still,thank you Tim for having a look at my teacher's chart;)

wilsontc

Staff member
Other 3? to Lissa

Lissa,

You said:
the other3will defend Astrology's reputation

Thanks for explaining this. I hope the two people with you are also knowledgeable about astrology, or it will be just you answering all the questions! ;)

Hoping,

Tim

Soul Friend

Lissa,

This is a fascinating task and a great project. This gives ample opportunity to explain that quality Astrology is not the cookie cutter variety based upon Sun signs read in the general newspaper and magazine columns designed to focus on large trends. Anyone seriously interested to listen to the science of Astrology should hear that their is a different sign for each planet and that they're each modified by location based upon where and exactly when you were born. Evaluating the strength and how to blend these things is more than ""cookbook" Astrology ever teaches.

Remember that the Kite's opposition by Uranus in the 7thH of partnerships makes unique individualism energize the focus on the Pisces Asc. stellium. With Chiron there as well indicating the greatest wound yet aided by all the other energies she may be quite proactive in dealing with these concerns responsibly especially with Saturn in the Anaretic (29th) degree.
With the 1stH/7thH interception she has had a lifetime of significant focus on individuality and relationships and with Saturn in the Asc. it would have left a noticeable delay of some sort to finding a comfort zone in an area of personal development toward her late 20s. The first Saturn Return would have been likely have been quite noticeable for her personally. Finding that date along with the first Chiron Square and the time Chiron went into the opposition to its natal position and also when Uranus went square its natal position may give you dates to share with her. These may have coincided with either considerable stresses or growth lessons of very important issues. Trying to bring her memory to a season of particular years might be easiest.

I hope these ideas give you areas to help your focus. I totally agree with the others here that you need to first share that you're relaying info and too that the stars only impel and do not compel as well as there is a choice of free will to be regarded but choices offered and available are often indicated. Too, it's up to individuals to make either good and wise choices and experience the outcomes they lay before themselves. The stars never absolve anyone of personal responsibility.

Take Care and Be Blessed!†! Ciao!

~Soul Friend
~~~Rick

Lissa

Just wanted to thank to all who helped me with this:)

The debate went well but we didn't discuss my teacher's chart because there was no time:(

Many thanks,
Lissa

wilsontc

Staff member
Debate without interpretation, to Lissa

Lissa,

If you didn't have time to analyze the chart, how did you debate whether or not astrology works?

Wondering,

Tim

Lissa

The debate was not about the teacher's chart,just about wether Astrology does work or not.We spent90%of the time talking about horoscope newspapers and trying to explain how they are done.