Does your descendant describe your partner

Hi,

Does your Descendant describe your partner, I was reading up on the descriptions of the D.C and was looking at my Descendant, mine does quite accurately describe my partner I think. It doesn't just have be his Sun Sign.

Here is how I think my D.C describes him.

I have the sign of Pisces on my Descendant and the Sun, Moon, and Mercury placed there with lots of aspects but it will take too long to look at them.

I looked at my partners birth chart and he has his Ascendant, Moon, and Mercury placed in Leo certainly the type of person who likes to shine and he is very dramatic. I think this represents the sun in my 7th which can mean a Leo type partner.

Next he has his South Node in the sign of Cancer so he knows how to be caring, protective and emotional, skills he has well developed. This is represented by my Moon in the 7th

He has his Sun in Virgo, he is intelligent a workaholic and likes to be of service to others. This is represented by my Mercury in the 7th.

He used to be an Alcoholic, he has Sun Square Neptune. This could be my Pisces Descendant
( Attracting the drunks ) Just Kidding he is really lovely.

How does your Descendant describe your partner? I would be interested to know.:)

Last edited:

laliqueviolin

Descendant Sagittarius 26°32'50

I am attracted to the very friendly and freedom-loving types. The type of people who are always having fun, having an adventure one day or on another.. like the beatnik Jack Kerouac! this intrigues me. It fits the description of whom I am always attracted to... the ones I can't ever have. I'm sure I can have them, but it would mean some great deal of freedom of space has to be involved, which can get complicating.

If there is someone who is too settled, I'll get bored. But if someone is too freedom-loving, I would want to be the one who wants a little "settling" down. Argh!

:)

Thanks for the info SS. I have read having Sagittarius on the cusp of the Seventh or Jupiter placed there can bring a lot of Marriages. Part of the reason these people marry often is because they're optimistic, buoyant, and enthusiastic about jumping into an alliance.

Rubella

Hmmmm,
Interesting thought. I have Aries Descendant, with Sun, Jupiter and Mercury ( the last two in conjunction ). I heard that the more planets you have in the 7th, the more picky about your partner you are, cause it needs to have more specfic qualities.

Mary

I have Sagitarius 29º at the desc, Capricorn intercepted (juno at 9º Cap), and a little bit of sag. Also I have neptune at 26º sag.

All guys who were involved romanticaly with me were Sun in Pisces, or Moon in Pisces.

My actual relationship: Sun in Pisces, Mercury in Pisces, Ruler of the Asc in the 12th, Jupiter in Aquarius in the 10th Capricorn Mc. Sun´s dipositor is in Capricorn.

I think there is sth in common with sag and pisces: jupiter. The side of jupiter I love most is jup with a mix of saturn: The wise, the philosopher, the one who has ideals, free spirit, visionary, quite eccentric.

Mary

Last edited:

Howl

Capricorn on the cusp, with seventh house containing cap south node and aquarius venus

My deepest and longest lasting relationship with with a capricorn, with aqua mars and aqua rising, so it does seem rather accuate for me so far.

My DC and mars are the only points of my chart to touch Earth, and I do have rather a fatal attraction to Earthy boys :p

My DC is in Libra and I have Uranus and Moon in the 7th house, with Moon roughly conjunct the 7th house cusp. My partner is a gemini (whose sun trines my moon and DC) with a scorpio moon and capricorn AC. He is a bit eccentric though, probably because he now would have progressed aqu asc and his dad is an aquarian so that fits in well. I think he also is very sensitive but doesn't express it much, fits in with the moon. He also likes the finer things in life. He likes good clothes, food, wine, coffee, appreciates good music etc but probably in a more Taurean way than a Libran way. He is not very artistic though but appreciates the arts. So I guess in a tenuous way he matches my DC and the contents in the 7th house. The fact that my 7th house also contains sco in it makes more sense in matching my partner as he involved in the health profession

Last edited:

Lorielle

I have 14 Leo 14 on the 7th house cusp. My recent x has his vertex at 14 Leo. Our moons are conjunct at 5 and 6 Leo. My Moon falls in his 7th house. However, my Mars is at 2 Cancer in the 5th house and I'd say about 90% of my relationships, including 2 marriages were with Cancer men.

Lori

AquariusMoon

Hi. The sign on the cusp of your DC alone will probably not describe your ideal partner. You have to also add in the qualities of the planets in your H7, your Sun sign and your Mars sign. The more qualities of these signs that you can incorporate into the mix, the better.

AqMoon

Lynns

My desc. is in cancer. He is caring and sensitive, yes.
My mars is in Saggi, and he has a Saggi moon and midheaven, very much a Saggitarius.
His Venus is in Libra, and I'm a Libran. His desc in Virgo, which is on my moon.

I would say he is close to my ideal, if not my ideal.

AquariusMoon said:
Hi. The sign on the cusp of your DC alone will probably not describe your ideal partner. You have to also add in the qualities of the planets in your H7, your Sun sign and your Mars sign. The more qualities of these signs that you can incorporate into the mix, the better.

AqMoon

Well in that case, my mars in gemini conjuncts both his venus and sun. And yes, I am attracted to geminis in general the most.

Manic_Monday

I don't have a partner at the moment.
My descendant is Gemini, so that would mean I'm attracted to intelligent but unreliable men, i.e. smart liars.
Doesn't Juno tell about the partner as well?

Howl

Ouch, sounds like you've met some of the dregs of the gemini population ;)
They're not all like that, I promise

Yeah, I would be interested to hear if anyone has had or has a long term partner who is described by their juno placement.

Sanem

I have Moon in 7th House in Cancer.

I've never had a close relationship, but I notice I prefer Cancerian people over just about anyone else. Although I also seem to get along well with Capricorns.

The only two girls I've ever told I loved them were both Cancers, although I don't think I really loved them.

To give a hint, half of the people who's birth date I've collected are Cancers, or have Cancer Ascendants.

laliqueviolin

Hmm.. curious, I was thinking that most of my own relationship troubles with "Sagittarian" types (my desc) has always been because its something that I don't have, so I fill it by having a partner who is quite not like me.. but love to have in a form of a person.

Would this understanding better help us to choose more reliable ones in the future? It makes much sense... of course these things are unavoidable but it helps better lessen the hurts and disappointments..

deepak gurnani

Dear All
I have no planets in the seventh house. But my wife has 5 planets in her ascendant - Sun, Moon, Mars, Venus, Mercury!!! We do all the things in our own way!!!

Francesca

Everything in my chart to do with partners and 7th is neptunian, yet I am always attracted to Geminis due to my Gemini mars. But I must admit my response to them is frequently neptunian- fuzzy minded, idealistic and martyrish

Howl

Mmm, I was thinking about this last night; all of the strong platonic friendships in my life are with people very strong in the signs and elements I have (air/fire) Many of the women who are important to me are of the same sun sign as my venus and moon.

However, there's a complete reversal when when I look at the guys I get involved with, all water and earth!

SS, I think you're onto something with your theory of "fulfilling" the presence of certain signs in your life in the form of other people. I have wondered before if I will attract/be attracted to partners 'less different' to me as I become more comfortable with 'using' the different qualities myself.

On the subject of relationships I found this lovely description of my Virgo boyfriend.

[deleted copyrighted content posted without owner's permission - Moderator]

I can't wait to read this to him he'll love it.:D

Last edited by a moderator: