Are there any synastry aspects that you've noticed can create disrespect?

Vista

I have found Saturn squaring or conjunct the other's ASC is one of the worst aspects to have in sysnastry. The Saturn person tends to be very harsh, condescending, and critical of the ASC person; basically making them feel stupid and that nothing they do is right. It's just overall a very rejecting and undermining aspect to have in synastry.

Saturn in challenging aspect to the lights is a bit of a problem, however it can be very common in sysnastry. What I have noticed the most with these aspects is a development of basic ambivalence towards each other.

waybread

I think you have to look at your ex BF's chart independently at first, to see where his stressors lie. What are the really stressful aspects in his chart, and what sorts of things do the involved planets rule? For example, Mars is aggression, Mercury is communication, and the moon or Venus represent women. His disrespectual speaking may be a pattern with him, and you were just the GF who walked into it. [And now, hopefully out of it.]

Then you have to think outside of astrology, at the kind of upbringing he had and how he has been socialized. Some people get really annoyed at their BF/GF, but they just come from a place of speaking respectfully no matter how frustrated they feel. In other cases, the person grew up in a family with verbally abusive parents, so that kind of talk seems normal.

aquarius7000

Sweet Escape,

Please make sure that you also 'name' the sources besides quoting from them, as is stated in the forums' rules. Please insert the sources in your first post, with the four quotes, accordingly.

Thanks,
AQ7

lilax

Oh my gosh, the mercury square saturn is very horrible in my experience. One of my friends and I have this (my saturn square his venus and mercury) and we have the most wonderful synastry aspects (venus conjunct mars, sun in the 7th house, NN conjunct DSC, etc) and I can't stand him! he thinks he knows everything! I guess its because we have mercury square mercury as well, but it def takes away any type of respect or love that could develop there.

Astrodawn

My current boyfriend and I have a host of good synastry aspects, however we also have -

his mercury/mars conjunction square my saturn.

I have had issues with him being condescending and patronising from the beginning. At first I asked him to stop speaking to me that way and he did, but 6 months later its starting to be a constant and becoming extremely irratating to me.

I have taken the last step of secret recording a 4 hour evening together, to show him how he sounds etc (he has said do this before to show him what he means)

If that fails then I think it may sadly be the end....
I can tolerate most things but Im an intelligent women (a college lecturer) and I wont be spoken to like im 6 :-(