Vindemiatrix

isismagdalenne

First off. I would like to understand, when you are looking on the constellation of words site, it shows a column that says, "long 1900", then one that says, "long 2000", then "planet contact" than "constellation" then, Decl 2000. I understand what they mean by constellation...but as far as I can see, that is the least useful one. how do you use the others, the long ones and the declination. As far as the planet contact column, it is confusing because when you cross-reference them, sometimes it seems to have contradicting indications.
I am having trouble with the fixed star Vindemiatrix, it says it used to be called Vindemitor. It is conjunct Saturn from about the evening of may 15 - about july 10, then it seperates further than 1 dgr after that. The information on this star calls it "the widow maker" and often indicates the loss of a spouse. This is a very bad thing since I am trying to set a wedding date within this time period. So is there no way around this star? Am I going to have to change it till the star clears all together? What about before the conjunction, does that clear it or is it just waiting to happen?

Olivia

Use longitude for 2000 - that's close enough to now.

Also, do not fret that you have one indicator of widowhood in a marriage election.

Given how many fixed stars there are, you'll always find one or two that portend disaster.

It's a solid election, Isis, very.

Go with it.

dr. farr

Unless Saturn becomes a major significator in the election, don't worry about Vindemiatrix; also, please be assured that this star is NOT the only "widow-maker" out there, nor necessarily the premier one! Algol is another, the South Scale (Zubenelgenubi) made me a widower! So don't be overly concerned about Vindemiatrix unless Saturn becomes a major component of the election.

Olivia

Saturn is safely tucked away in 12 not in aspect to any of the primary significators - I had a chance to look at the election.

Quite impressed with it, too :)

Isis, please don't worry, it's a good chart, and as I've said a hundred times, there is no perfect election. It doesn't exist.

Two major significators in domicile and exaltation, plus both natural benefics, a benefic Merc and a benefic Moon angular ain't nothing to sneeze at!

The rest is wedding jitters.

isismagdalenne

Thank you guys. Seriously, you dont know how big a load you took off my mind. I really trust the knowledge of several of the talented people who frequent this site (even when it's people who use differing methods); and being reassured you arent worried about the star REALLY truely puts me at ease about it. Like a switch:) And thank you Olivia for reccomending the help I got on it. He is very good to take his time on a stranger. Now the only battle is the issue with the ASC, and it will all be put off my mind:)

blacksun?

Old topic, but worth revisiting --

People with Venus on Vindemiatrix include
Bill Clinton
Shania Twain
Steve Carell
James Cameron

Chiron on Vindemiatrix
Babe Ruth
J Edgar Hoover (collecting Homeruns and data?)

Mars on Vindematrix
Bill Gates
Eminem
Prince William
Whitney Houston
Margareth thatcher
Genhis Khan (!? - widowmaker alright...)
George Orwell
Ingmar Bergman

Jupiter on Vindemiatrix
Christina Aguilera
Justin Timberlake
Miley Cyrus
Paris Hilton
Alicia Keys
George Washington

Oh yeah, a very unfortunate star.

Lol.