The Mystic Signature of Saturn

Steeler

Considering that in Modern Astrology Saturn is seen as the planet of limitations, problems etc., and in traditional astrology as the "great malefic", he has a very interesting mystic signature ascribed to him that all Saturnians should be aware of if they are to understand why they have to deal with such a difficult teacher in this lifetime.

(*Personal comment)
THE FOLLOWING IS AN EXTRACT FROM A HIGHLY CURIOUS AND ANCIENT ORIGINAL MANUSCRIPT.

Communicated by Philadelphus.

"The heaven, stars, and planets, cause no evil, neither were we corrupted and tempted by them, but by parents, from whom by a natural induction of blood and inheritance,we all derive a corrupt will, which causeth in us many unlawful desires and their consequences ; the fountain and cause whereof is, a corrupt will, for every planet in its own property is good, and communicates nothing to us but what is good, but our will being corrupt...

[deleted quote over 100 words against forum rules - Moderator]

Saturn to me is like a Zen teacher that will hit you in the head with a stick
to get you into the moment of here and now, and such teachers never go easy on their pupils.
It is my personal belief that those with a highly afflicted Saturn are not here to party or enjoy their stay,
but to learn and evolve. Perhaps even for the last time.

Mystic Signature of Saturn:
http://books.google.fi/books?id=VL1...&resnum=1&ved=0CCkQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=false

Last edited by a moderator:

Anachiel

Thank you for this post Steeler. I have been thinking about Saturn all week in this vein when it comes to Natal Astrology (not my forte). So, your timing was perfect and oddly synchronious to me! Thanks.

The ancients generally were not well disposed to Saturn and really had very little to say about him that was "good". However, once in a while I would run into a few morsals that showed another side to Saturn. Surely, the children of Saturn must be good for something! lol

I believe Paracelcus was the one who said that Saturn was much like a poison, and in the hands of skillful physician, could be used to heal. Meaning that Saturn wasn't always bad in the proper dosage, usage, etc.

Mars has a bad reputation, too but, like Saturn, bestows his own skills and gifts.

Blessings,

Anachiel

dr. farr

Along these lines of a fuller understanding of Saturn, might I also suggest the following books (available @ astroamerica.com)
-"The Greatness of Saturn"
-"Saturn the King Maker"
-"Saturn: Friend or Foe?"
-"Saturn: Friend and Guide"

queenfluff

Considering that in Modern Astrology Saturn is seen as the planet of limitations, problems etc., and in traditional astrology as the "great malefic", he has a very interesting mystic signature ascribed to him that all Saturnians should be aware of if they are to understand why they have to deal with such a difficult teacher in this lifetime.

(*Personal comment)
Saturn to me is like a Zen teacher that will hit you in the head with a stick
to get you into the moment of here and now, and such teachers never go easy on their pupils.
It is my personal belief that those with a highly afflicted Saturn are not here to party or enjoy their stay,
but to learn and evolve. Perhaps even for the last time.

Mystic Signature of Saturn:
http://books.google.fi/books?id=VL1CAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA247&dq=%22extract+from+an+highly+curious+and+ancient+original%22&hl=fi&ei=dHIQTpiKGoGh-Qab5dTTDQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CCkQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=false

What about those who Saturn doesn't really have any aspects? I have no major aspects to my Saturn - but it a focalizer in my chart at the end of a bucket handle.

LionLady

Thank you for this post Steeler. I have been thinking about Saturn all week in this vein when it comes to Natal Astrology (not my forte). So, your timing was perfect and oddly synchronious to me! Thanks.

The ancients generally were not well disposed to Saturn and really had very little to say about him that was "good". However, once in a while I would run into a few morsals that showed another side to Saturn. Surely, the children of Saturn must be good for something! lol

I believe Paracelcus was the one who said that Saturn was much like a poison, and in the hands of skillful physician, could be used to heal. Meaning that Saturn wasn't always bad in the proper dosage, usage, etc.

Mars has a bad reputation, too but, like Saturn, bestows his own skills and gifts.

Blessings,

Anachiel

I always like to think of Saturn in terms of the metal attributed to him by the ancients - lead.

If you consider the uses of lead it is clearly poisonous in many instances and deadening/retarding in others; however, it would provide ballast for sailing ships - to keep them steady in stormy weather - it is useful for roofing and protection against water for homes, and it is the original "plumb line" which tells us clearly the exact upright vertical.

So, we need it - but too much or in the wrong places doesn't do us any good!:smile:

Steeler

Well, the article I posted was deleted, but the information is still available in the book which I linked to in the original post!

piercethevale

From one of Rudhyars books he mentions that "The number of Man is 28"..by esoteric/occult/arcane source...that's one orbit of Saturn around the Sun...3 x 28 = 84...onne orbit of Uranus...and presently the life expectancy of a human being.
Twice that is apprx. one orbit of Neptune and three times 84, apprx one orbit of Pluto. [...and a idea I'm playing with...13 x 28 = 364...]
Saturn..I believe the base prefix, 'Sat', comes from Sanskrit root...as all Indo-European languages, save a couple, have their root in ancient Sanskrit..and Sat means 'Truth'...also one of the names of God. as the Sikhs say: "Eck Kan Kar Sat Nam Siri Wha Guru" ....
Saturn was also known as "Chronos"...[God of time..more or less..Chronos means "Year" also...]
As I believe the current hierarchy of Planetary rulership to be erroneous [as the Asteroids were once a planet and just because it was 'Shattered'...doesn't mean it stopped ruling Sag. and Pisces... [...I believe it is in "Hamlets Mill" that it is mentioned that in arcane sources it is written that "Lucifer shattered that planet to confuse Mans psyche".
Thus, Jupiter is the ruler of Aquarius and Cap. [makes much more sense...how could cold Saturn rule the Humanistic empathy of an Aquarian?].

...and Saturn the Higher octave ruler of Leo and Cancer. As the year is based on our orbit around the Sun...and my theory correct, it makes sense why Saturn is called the "Time Keeper"...it may in fact be regulating our orbit by it's astro-physical influence... Just consider it...I believe it...i ask you to let it roll around in your head a few days before you make a decision.

...also, June Wakefield's book, "Cosmic Astrology", has an interesting chapter on the significance of the 'glyphs' for all of the planets....I'd have to type it out from the book and I'm a bit tired this Monday morn [4:40 AM] after Independence Day here in the States...Haven't been to bed yet...If anyone is curious ..post and tell me...I'll get to it soon...!

Last edited:

Steeler

Ugh, I completely forgot this thread. My apologies! The heat is really getting to me lately and I can't seem to get my thoughts together.

Dr.farr: thank you for the recommendations! I will be definitely checking those books out.

Queenfluff: If one doesn't have any Saturn aspects then I would look for planets in Capricorn or Saturn in angles. Since you mention that your Saturn is the focal point of your chart then its most likely active in one way or another. I noticed that Saturn is in the 6th house in your chart and trines the Midheaven. That is a good aspect to have, especially coming from the 6th house of work/health.

LionLady: Your post reminded me of the need for Sulphur (Saturn) in the alchemical work. Sulphur is used in the beginning and end of the work, being the most important one of all, since it begins the blackening/nigredo process in the first place. If all goes well, albedo would come next and then finally rubedo. (Though there are other colors in between, which is sadly rarely mentioned in psychology books.)

Pierce: The first thing that came to mind after you mentioned the numbers 28 and the calculations of life-expectancy by Rydhuar, was that quite a lot of artists have died around the age of 28. Though Im not saying there is a connection between the two, since I think most artists represent Neptune more than Saturn, it was still the first thought to cross my mind while reading your post.

What I find most interesting about Greek mythology is that Chronos/Saturn was the one who sat on the throne in the Golden age before Zeus/Jupiter took over, bringing with him death, the four seasons (forcing people to take shelter) and so on. Considering that Saturn is seen as father death I find this to be extremely odd.

Last edited:
Well, the article I posted was deleted, but the information is still available in the book which I linked to in the original post!
that's because you went againt forum rules of copyright and plagarism :rightful:

What about those who Saturn doesn't really have any aspects? I have no major aspects to my Saturn - but it a focalizer in my chart at the end of a bucket handle.

unspected planets
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/aspects2.html
http://www.innerself.com/Astrology/unaspected.htm
http://classiclegendbooks.com/martinschulman-astrology-articles-17-unaspected-planets-1.html
http://astrology.findyourfate.com/astrology-unaspectedplanets.htm
http://www.donmc.com/Unaspected.htm
http://www.astrologyclub.org/articles/unaspected/unaspected.htm
http://astronuts.tribe.net/thread/dde3467b-df04-4a45-94c8-7aeb8e91e741

If you look in our Recommendations Forum for books I am sure you will find plenty of references to learn about Saturn and all the other planets. :biggrin:

dr. farr

Richard Heath's well researched book, "Sacred Number" looks into the dethroning of Saturn and "his" replacement by Jupiter, in a philosopico/numerological/astrological historical context.

piercethevale

Pierce: The first thing that came to mind after you mentioned the numbers 28 and the calculations of life-expectancy by Rydhuar, was that quite a lot of artists have died around the age of 28. Though Im not saying there is a connection between the two, since I think most artists represent Neptune more than Saturn, it was still the first thought to cross my mind while reading your post.

What I find most interesting about Greek mythology is that Chronos/Saturn was the one who sat on the throne in the Golden age before Zeus/Jupiter took over, bringing with him death, the four seasons (forcing people to take shelter) and so on. Considering that Saturn is seen as father death I find this to be extremely odd.
The body loses it's ability to completely re-heal itself at age 28 [give or take...but it is the average] that's what dying [aging] is. Conquer that and you've conquered death.
I get the impression that mankinds' life expectacy goes up in increments of 28 years...at one time 28 was the L.E....then about 56...nowadays it's about 84.