Aqua vs. Taurus: Why cant we just get along??

StarNur

HI,

I'm an Aqua and sharing an appartment with a Taurus, who was not my choice to live because we were paired to live together by the company we work for.

I cant seem to get along with her. She even has an Aqua moon, Gem merc, Libra mars, and Aries venus that all postively aspect my Aqua sun,mars,merc stellium, ascendant and jupiter. Her Taurus sun doesnt even touch any of my aqua planets.

In synastry, however, her sun opposes my uranus, and her mercury is involved in a t-square with my moon and saturn. Also her jupiter makes a number of squares to my stellium.

I find her very arrogant and boastful. She talks as if everyone loves her, and that shes a leader and ppl follow her every move because they love her, as if shes the first person to think of such and such ideas or projects... and it seems to me she "tries" to make me jealous...instead I end up gettin mad inside and freezing up and not talking to her. We stopped talking for 4 months which was the last and longest bout because of a petty argument in which she was being selfish and unfair with our grocery fund...blah im not gonna bother getting into it...but that fight was buiding over time and was finally released into something petty.

Every time we come around to getting along we seem to go back to square one, start an argument and then stop talking. Maybe its her mercury square my saturn? I dont think shes as genius and popular as she thinks she is, and as much as she thinks other ppl thinks she is. Shes always bragging in front of me...with other people she doesnt live with shes more humble.

At times I really cant stand her...like right now i feel another fight coming on and thats why im typing this...I dont want to have to go thru this anymore...:rolleyes:

How can an Aquarian with synastry aspects like ours get along with a Taurus? How can I stop reacting this way to, in my eye, her naive and arrogant personality??

Moulin

hmmm I'm a Taurean with Aquarius DSC and l get along fine with Aquarius.

Maybe saturn/moon synastry troubles?

StarNur

Hi Moulin,

When i first began typing the post above I thought it was primarily an Aqua/Taurus conflict...but as I typed it out I started seeing there were other more challenging influences in our synastry.

How does one best handle the saturn/moon/mercury synastry?

My mother is a Taurus and Ive had Taurean colleagues but I havent found them as challenging to live with as this one. She actually seems more Aquarian than Taurean to me...except for the arrogance and constant talk about her popularity and accomplishments which she over exaggerates about.

Moulin

hmmm not sure.

Avoid heavy communication with her!

I didn't realise some Taureans were arrogant and self-righteous. Might be her Aries moon? I have aries moon too and i'm extremely self confident, which others might l guess perceive as arrogant :D

My Taurus logic and laid back side to me sees it as normal though.. "why be anything less than the best for yourself"

Does that sound familiar?

Last edited by a moderator:

StarNur

"Avoid heavy communication with her!"

My thoughts exactly!

Shes doesn't have an Aries moon, her moon sign is my sun and stellium sign, Aquarius. Her moon is square her Taurus sun...neither of which touches my stellium.

I dont buy that shes extremely confident...if she really was then whats the need for her to boast every time im around?? I dunno...i have little patience for any sort of conversation with her...it ends up turning into a battle. Half the time when I try to talk to her I can feel a negative vibe from her...a judgmental feel...so i try not to even speak...just "hi" and "bye", along those lines.

gaer

StarNur said:
HI,

I'm an Aqua and sharing an appartment with a Taurus, who was not my choice to live because we were paired to live together by the company we work for.
Your thread title seems to just be about Aqua Sun vs. Taurus Sun.

Later you add a few details, but I feel as though I'm working blind here. I have never believed that simply because person A has sun in a sign that conflicts the sun of person B, that's enough to block people from being friends or getting along well.

Instead, reading a chart as a whole of person A and then of person B will often show personality traits in each that will lead to head-butting.

In the case of the person you are talking about, could you at leat give us the birthday of the person you having problems with? It sounds as if she has aspects that would indicate that she is stubborn, argumentative, etc.

Now, if she is loved by everyone in the world except, then it would probably be your problem. Somehow I don't think this is so!
I cant seem to get along with her. She even has an Aqua moon, Gem merc, Libra mars, and Aries venus that all postively aspect my Aqua sun,mars,merc stellium, ascendant and jupiter. Her Taurus sun doesnt even touch any of my aqua planets.
But where do HER planets touch HER other planets? :) For instance, is her Taurus Sun square Aqau Moon? Does she have square from Uranus or Pluto to personal planets? And so forth.

In astrology, a picture (chart) really is worth far more than a thousand words. :)

Gaer

StarNur

We're both fixed sun signs. I have Mars, Merc and Jupiter aspecting my Sun. As I said before she has her Sun square Moon...it also widely opposes her Uranus and more closely opposes mine

Heres our synastry

Me AND Her

Mercury in Aqua TRINE Mars in Libra
Jupiter in Leo SEXTILE Mars in Libra
Sun in Aqua TRINE Saturn in Libra and Mercury in Gemini
Sun in Aqua SEXTILE Venus in Aries
Sun/Mars/Merc SQUARE Jupiter in Scorpio
Sun/Mars/Merc SEXTILE Uranus in Sag
Venus in Sag SEXTILE Moon in Aqua
Venus in Sag SEXTILE Pluto in Libra
Uranus in Scorp SQUARE Moon in Aqua
Uranus in Scorp OPPOSITE Sun in Taurus
Part of Fortune CONJUNCT True Node

Planet/House Overlay (sorry i dont know her exact birthtime).

Her Sun and Venus in my 12th house
Her Moon in my 10th house
Her Mercury conjunct my Gemini Asc in the 1st
Her Mars in my 5th house
Her Saturn, Pluto, Jupiter and Uranus in my 6th house (work work work).
Her Neptune in my 8th.

Today was a good day with her...as for tomorrow who knows?

Last edited:

lexia523

HI .. I HAVE TO LOL AS i am a aquarian with scorp rising and leo moon.. i came across a taurus with aqu moon in my job.. she was the most annoying boastfull person i had the unpleasure to deal with.. shes done it all and better than you i might add, shes a control freak and even thou i was higher than her in my job and not many people like her she has indeed got her way.. i left my job.. i just couldnt stand her and the way she gets away with stuff no one else can.. you know why??? she expects it to the point of " it will be so"
well to get along with that type i recomednd the smile with gritted teeth and if u must use sacasm thrown in her face. like .. " oh u can do it , your the best.. and walk away.. lol it worked for a while. best of luck

gaer

lexia523 said:
HI .. I HAVE TO LOL AS i am a aquarian with scorp rising and leo moon.. i came across a taurus with aqu moon in my job.. she was the most annoying boastfull person i had the unpleasure to deal with.. shes done it all and better than you i might add, shes a control freak and even thou i was higher than her in my job and not many people like her she has indeed got her way.. i left my job.. i just couldnt stand her and the way she gets away with stuff no one else can.. you know why??? she expects it to the point of " it will be so"
well to get along with that type i recomednd the smile with gritted teeth and if u must use sacasm thrown in her face. like .. " oh u can do it , your the best.. and walk away.. lol it worked for a while. best of luck
I wish you at least had her birthdate. Even without a definite time there were probably aspects showing these traits.

Since there are 144 possible combinations of Sun and Moon signs, it's highly unlikely that we will encounter even a percentage of people with all of them. I only know of one other person who is Libar Sun/Moon, my positions, and although he is very close to me in age, apparently we are very little alike.

Wouldn't it be nice to find out that we have a member who is Taurus Sun and Aqua Moon who is easy to get along with? :)

Gaer

StarNur

Hi Lexia, thats interesting you as an Aqua Sun experienced something similiar with Taurus sun/Aqua moon. You're lucky you never had to work AND LIVE with her. bah...we have a common kitchen/living room but i keep in my room most of the time. Sometimes she acts humbled, seems caring and has wise things to say...but most of the time shes boasting away.

lol...i dont think i could even crack a fake smile at her...how can I if I can barely even look at her? I may sound mean but whenever I do acknowledge her she gets me angry. :/

StarNur

Gahh... We're talking again! Really do have to keep my distance though.

How can an Aquarius be possessive? With respect to friends perhaps? I actually feel a bit of anger today...I left for the weekend and when I came back found out one of my closer friends spent the weekend with her and slept over. Ok I dont care anymore now that I wrote it out...yes how unusual we Aquas are...getting over things as quick as a flash of lightening.

Lupin

I am Taurus and my son is very Aquarius with Aqu asc and Uranus on MC.He always makes me late! We are very close and lived together well but then I had a chance to train him domestically.I also allowed him to become himself.Aquarius are not so confident.the signs ruled by the outer palnets are on the back foot on Earth,they don't feel comfortable as the practical Taurus,Taurus women are attractive and have good taste (even if I say so myself) and have friends and cope naturally.They also like to run the house as they are practical.True or not?Aquarius are in their heads,creative,inventive,rebellious,quirky,collective. they have qualities that are not so popular here in Earth society.
here we have a very earth person with a very air person!
I think Aquarius finds Taurus very earthing and she wants to be like you,have your life in a way ,so shes a bit jealous but wants to be your equal.Why do people boast ,because they feel inferior?when she boasts and competes keep quiet,when she's finished give her a pat on the back.Taurus can easily charm the Aquarius.No?
The Uranus /moon(home) conj square (self expression) sun would make things a bit jumpy for a taurus..and the mercury also.I woud look at my transits,I would look to myself if things aren't working we project so much of what we won't face in ourselves onto others,Its easy to love compatible people but the real challenge to self knowledge is to learn to love the people who get up our noses.That is where we grow.Youve been dumped with the Aquarius..Why? Don't waste the opportunity,you can have her eating out of your hand in no time,when she relaxes and be's herself and you put those defenses away you might find a new friend.

Nexus7

It really would be good to actually see his synastry with the charts themselves, maybe we are all fumbling in the dark here. Starnur, you say her Moon is not apsecting your stellium, but by what orb? I wonder, because you said that you are 'more aware of her Moon than her Sun.'

She does not sound that sure of herself to me somehow, but it is curious that you do react to her so strongly with such strong disapproval, jealousy, or whatever. What did you say the Venus aspects were?

I do think that there can be somethng of a Leo-Cancer dynamic where the Moon simply falls in the same sign as the other's Sun sign without even any orb, but I could be wrong. The subjectivity, the emotionalism of the Moon person somehow antagonises the other - you mentioned the Mercury-Saturn tie which is about communication, but what is this Moon/Saturn aspect briinging to the table?

StarNur

Im curious....are there any Aquas around who consider a Taurus to be a best friend or vise versa?

I dont know enough Taureans to consider any close friends...

I do admire their qualities however... stable, down to earth, common sensical, hardworking, steadfast and persistant.

I think we got off to a wrong start. It's difficult getting along with a person you live and work with...especially for Sag-Gem influenced Aquas who need their space.

She is younger than me by a few years and it's her first time living on her own, let alone in another country away from home.

She's intelligent, good in debate... I think my mistake was, as immature as it sounds was telling her I was popular in high school only because she kept asking me (and to sorta bother her about it:p). This wasnt necessarily true or untrue...I dont care for popularity ...I was on the antisocial side. After that I noticed episodes of her competing with me and trying to get get me angry or jealous on purpose. I never showed her any emotion...ever. She once told me that she used to compete against the most popular guy in her high school in everything and got him very angry at her. Childish I know :p

Her Moon doesnt touch my stellium...its in the later degrees of Aqua...more like aspecting my Venus in Sag. Her Venus is in Aries and is sextile my Sun.

Well I hope we can patch things up...its her last year here. She's a good person and I hope we can keep in contact after she leaves. How do you get on a Taurus's good side?