Table of Diurnal Planet Movements and Planet positions

Senecar

Some one suggested to me to get a book called "Table for Diurnal Planet Movements" for manually calculating charts with Ephemeris.

He said that if you use that book, then you dont need to do logarithm calculations for planets daily movements for the charts.

I am wondering if anyone used / is using the book for the process, and how useful it is.

I have drawn a chart manually the other night with just my Ephemeris, and after 30 minutes later I generated the current chart from Astro.com. The result were both very similar apart from Mars moved away from Pices(29 degree 59 min.) into Taurus (0 degree 0 min. 1 sec.) during the manually drawing process.

Or it could be just known difference between software generated horoscopes and Ephemeris positions of the planets, I am not sure.

33220978732_ac9c3a9590.jpg

32533584464_f120381481_z.jpg

Senecar

Looks amazing!

Thanks :) Sorry that my drawing of the chart was done in haste without too much attention at the time - looks bare and rough. Even the Moon was not adjusted for her daily movement either in the manual chart.

But now, I am trying to draw more accurately for the angles of the each planet position.

I just received my new book (actually from 1970 print) called "Tables of Diurnal Planetary Motion" published by American Federation of Astrologer, and it looks really interesting. It has exact movements of the planets for every minutes during a day 24 hours time in the table - very accurate they look.

The books says in the introduction, you don't have to do logarithmic calculation anymore, which can be time consuming and also error prone task.

With that book and a copy of Ephemeris, you are good to go for manual erection of horoscopic charts without aid of any computers or software.

I am wondering if there is anyone who are using these books for getting the charts made - and how do they find it.

Really the only planet that you need to make careful adjustment is the Moon, because it moves 13.6 degrees or so a day. The Sun moves about 1 degree a day, so it can be roughly guess worked on the moved angles for the hours.

BTW I do recommend the book "Tables of Diurnal Planetary Motion" from AFOA and a good copy of Ephemeris (which is essential) wholeheartedly to anyone interested in manually drawing Horscopes.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Some one suggested to me to get a book called "Table for Diurnal Planet Movements" for manually calculating charts with Ephemeris.

He said that if you use that book, then you dont need to do logarithm calculations for planets daily movements for the charts.

I am wondering if anyone used / is using the book for the process, and how useful it is.

I have drawn a chart manually the other night with just my Ephemeris, and after 30 minutes later I generated the current chart from Astro.com. The result were both very similar apart from Mars moved away from Pices(29 degree 59 min.) into Taurus (0 degree 0 min. 1 sec.) during the manually drawing process.

Or it could be just known difference between software generated horoscopes and Ephemeris positions of the planets, I am not sure.

33220978732_ac9c3a9590.jpg

32533584464_f120381481_z.jpg
In ancient times astrologers were mathematicians and astronomers :smile:

JUPITERASC

Thanks :) Sorry that my drawing of the chart was done in haste without too much attention at the time - looks bare and rough. Even the Moon was not adjusted for her daily movement either in the manual chart.

But now, I am trying to draw more accurately for the angles of the each planet position.

I just received my new book (actually from 1970 print) called "Tables of Diurnal Planetary Motion" published by American Federation of Astrologer, and it looks really interesting. It has exact movements of the planets for every minutes during a day 24 hours time in the table - very accurate they look.

The books says in the introduction, you don't have to do logarithmic calculation anymore, which can be time consuming and also error prone task.

With that book and a copy of Ephemeris, you are good to go for manual erection of horoscopic charts without aid of any computers or software.

I am wondering if there is anyone who are using these books for getting the charts made - and how do they find it.

Really the only planet that you need to make careful adjustment is the Moon,
because it moves 13.6 degrees
or so
a day.

The Sun moves about 1 degree a day, so it can be roughly guess worked on the moved angles for the hours.

BTW I do recommend the book "Tables of Diurnal Planetary Motion" from AFOA and a good copy of Ephemeris (which is essential) wholeheartedly to anyone interested in manually drawing Horscopes.

Moon moves around the Earth in an approximately circular orbit,
going once around in approximately 27.3 days, or one sidereal period of revolution.
As it does this its position changes, relative to the stars.
Since there are 360 degrees in a circle, the Moon moves
(on the average)
360 / 27.3 or 13.2 degrees per day relative to the stars
which is just over half a degree per hour
and approximately equal to its apparent size.

Although the Moon has an average motion of 13.2 degrees per day
this motion varies for two reasons.
First, the orbit of the Moon is an ellipse and is not centered on the center of the Earth
but on a point about 12000 miles from the center of the Earth.
As a result, during each orbit the Moon's distance varies by twice that 12000 miles.
During half its orbit Moon is approaching us
and during the other half Moon is moving away from us.
During the half orbit that it is approaching us
our mutual gravitational pull accelerates the Moon
causing Moon to move faster and faster
until at the closest point in the orbit, or perigee,
Moon is moving about 6% faster than its average motion.
Similarly, during the half orbit that Moon is receding from us
our mutual gravitational pull decelerates the Moon
causing it to move slower and slower
until at the furthest point in the orbit, or apogee,
it is moving about 6% slower than its average motion.
In addition to these actual changes in velocity
there is an apparent change caused simply by Moon being nearer or further When it is closer any motion that Moon has looks faster in angular terms than when Moon is further away.
This effect causes another 6% apparent increase or decrease in velocity
in addition to the actual change.

So Moon approaches perigee
its angular speed among the stars will appear to increase by about 12% of its average speed
half of that change being due to its lesser distance
and half being due to an actual increase in speed
and as it approaches apogee, its angular speed among the stars will appear to decrease by about 12%
of its average speed, half of that change being due to its greater distance,
and half being due to an actual decrease in speed.
Since 12% of 13.2 degrees per day is 1.6 degrees per day
the daily motion of the Moon to the east can vary
from as little as 11.6 degrees per day near apogee
to as much as 14.8 degrees per day near perigee
:smile:

Senecar

Moon moves around the Earth in an approximately circular orbit,
going once around in approximately 27.3 days, or one sidereal period of revolution.

Since 12% of 13.2 degrees per day is 1.6 degrees per day
the daily motion of the Moon to the east can vary
from as little as 11.6 degrees per day near apogee
to as much as 14.8 degrees per day near perigee
:smile:

Well put. I think adjustment of the Moon movement for the hour and min. from the Table should suffice for Horary and general charts.
We are not sending Rockets to the Moon at the end of the day. :)