Medication Horary Question

Arian Maverick

Although the names and the dosages have changed, I have been prescribed anxiety/depression medication for nearly five years with no dramatic success...

Question: Is the medication truly helping?

Arian Maverick

Arian Maverick

I usually like to begin any line of questioning with a consultation from the Sabian Symbols' Oracle:

A porter carrying heavy baggage.
13º Taurus

43__(13°)
A PORTER IS CHEERFULLY BALANCING A MOUNTAIN OF BAGGAGE Joy of effort put forth. Faith in the eventual results of a simple plunging ahead in things. Extreme of self-reliance.

___*When positive, the degree is an effective self-competence and virility of interest in normal living, and when negative, a dissipation of selfhood and a depreciation of all ambition through the performance of drudgery without protest.

I believe I have received this sabian symbol once before with regard to my work on the forums, although I certainly derive greater joy from moderating the forums than battling emotional demons! :rolleyes:

Astrologically speaking, with the greater benefic Saturn conjunct the sixth house cusp and the lesser benefic Mars within the sixth house, I am inclined to believe that my answer is not affirmative...

Arian Maverick

archergirl

AM, It would be best to first consult Lilly's 'considerations before judgement' before attempting to read a horary chart. Note: the moon is VOC in this chart, so it's 'unsafe to judge', especially as the moon is not in a sign where the Moon would hold any strength to oppose being VOC.

Also, Saturn and Mars are not 'benefic', but 'malefic'; quite a difference in interpretation! :D

Arian Maverick

Also, Saturn and Mars are not 'benefic', but 'malefic'; quite a difference in interpretation!

I knew that! :eek:

I was running late this morning and apparently did not read through my post...

Arian Maverick

P.S. Where can I find Lilly's 'considerations before judgement'?

Summery Joy

AM,

The Moon VOC means, status quo; nothing changes. Without looking at the horary, i cannot tell if this means that the medication is not changing anything or that the horary will not change anything because you will continue with your medication. So, although archergirl was right that it's unsafe to jugde, I'll take a look at the chart and be very careful.

I see the the rulers of the 9th and 12th houses (Mars and Saturn) in the 6th, a traditional sign of a mental/spirituial illness. Jupiter is the significator of the medications (10th house ruler), and it receives both Mars and Saturn. Mars receives Jupiter as well. I think this shows a "co-operative" reationship between the illness and the medication. The traditional significator of a discease, however, is the Sun as the ruler of the 6th house. I'm not quite comfortable using it, since you don't have a physical disease. I could be wrong though.

The ruler of the ASC is also Jupiter showing affinity with the medication. I will use the almuten, Venus, to signify you though for distinction purposes. Venus is at the end of Gemini perparing to enter Cancer. It has just separated from an opposition with the MC. Like the Moon, it has also just separated from a smooth aspect with Mars, a significator of your ilness by placement.

I think the NN in the 1st house is a good sign of progressing health.

I think the medication was helping although you didn't like it that much. The situation of being undermedication will not change for a time to come.

Last edited:

archergirl

Yes, it *is* true that one can read a VOC chart: Lilly did more often than not. I would be cautious, though, especially since in this chart the Moon is *so* late, and in the 1st house of the querent; 1st house moons indicate more than a small level of concern or worry about the question, and the VOC moon makes any kind of judgment about it a little 'wobbly'.

AM: you can either buy Lilly's Christian Astrology; there's also some nice chappie on the Web who has saved the entire book to a zip-file, which you can download for free; or really you can just Google 'Lilly considerations before judgement' and get about two hundred versions of it! :p

pwadm

Staff member
I just read what Frawley says about medication horaries in his Horary Textbook. According to him, the current medication is shown by the 10th house, in this case, also Jupiter, the same planet as the ASC ruler.

The chronic ailment you're suffering of is shown by the 12th house. Neptune and Uranus there confirm it's a mental/spiritual condition. Saturn (depression) rules this house and is located in the 6th house (acute illness) together with Mars (anxiety) - acute episode of depression/anxiety.
Saturn (illness) is not doing good since is it's in detriment.

But the good news is that Saturn is in Jupiter's triplicity and face meaning that Jupiter has some power over Saturn, so the treatement can be somehow effective on the illness.

You can expect quick change in your state for the best : the Moon in a cardinal sign and an angular house is about to change signs, entering Taurus, her exaltation sign where she will perform the first aspect with Jupiter (the medication). I could foresee your condition improving soon, due to the effect of the meds you're taking. Yeap, passing from peregrine status to exaltation is an important change. Be sure of it.

Themis

hi Arian Maverick, i've learned a lot through this thread. impressed by the analysis of Radu and soreheaded. i'm just curious that since a while that you have put up the thread, are you feeling that the new medication taking effects? i'm just curous about the result of this question, thanks if you could let me know. best, Themis:)