Mercury in Pisces: How do you reach these people?

LovelyMissAries

I agree, but you are Pisces not an Aries. I find Aries people very impulsive and don't have much patience for facts. Add Mercury in Pisces to that, and a rational person could have problems

My mom is an Aries with Mercury in Pisces whereas I'm an Aries with Mercury in Aries. Needless to say we have a lot of arguments because I get frustrated she is slow at picking up/understanding what I'm saying. From my point of view, I'm giving her the facts, the basic necessities and I assume what I'm saying is simple but she gets confused. In order to reach her (it's funny because everyone says Aries is the baby of the zodiac and Pisces is the old man, however you have to talk to my mom like you would talk to a baby, and I'd rather someone talked to me in blunt terms so we can resolve or communicate faster) She hears the tone of your voice, your body language, your facial expressions first before hearing what you're saying and makes decisions based off that. I've learned I have to approach her calmly and patiently otherwise I will never get around to asking her my intended question because we'll get off arguing about each other's behavior in the first place. Pisces likes to immerse itself in whatever it's doing. It's alll about absorbtion. So when you approach this Aries, you can't go to them and say "Hey, I need this and this, thanks." They need buttering up and cooing and asking them how their day is and really relaxed communication or they get stressed out and shut you off.

byjove

Account Closed
Either there's mass discrimination about Mercury in Pisces or I'm in fact blind myself, because I disagree with most criticism of Mercury in Pisces. Perhaps things are too modified in my chart to be the 'pure' brand, I don't know.

My data:

Sun in Aries Mercury (on MC) in Pisces
Moon in Virgo Venus in Pisces
Sun trine Saturn (exact)

I admit I've trouble sometimes with my parents who both have Moon in Pisces, which is opposite my (Cancer rising) Virgo Moon (in the 3rd) ... but my dad has Mercury in Pisces, and other Mercury in Pisces people I find are a delight...however... I know I'm blindly optimistic at times, and I have the best of intentions for others and mistake everyone else to be the same - it takes me time to see and accept that someone is acting against me...I just can't fathom it. Worst of all, is a wolf in sheep clothes - not everyone who smiles at you is your friend - people can work against you when you're not around, and that I think Mercury in Pisces people are known to late in 'seeing'.

Ruka_5

Banned
My mom is an Aries with Mercury in Pisces whereas I'm an Aries with Mercury in Aries. Needless to say we have a lot of arguments because I get frustrated she is slow at picking up/understanding what I'm saying. From my point of view, I'm giving her the facts, the basic necessities and I assume what I'm saying is simple but she gets confused. In order to reach her (it's funny because everyone says Aries is the baby of the zodiac and Pisces is the old man, however you have to talk to my mom like you would talk to a baby, and I'd rather someone talked to me in blunt terms so we can resolve or communicate faster) She hears the tone of your voice, your body language, your facial expressions first before hearing what you're saying and makes decisions based off that. I've learned I have to approach her calmly and patiently otherwise I will never get around to asking her my intended question because we'll get off arguing about each other's behavior in the first place. Pisces likes to immerse itself in whatever it's doing. It's alll about absorbtion. So when you approach this Aries, you can't go to them and say "Hey, I need this and this, thanks." They need buttering up and cooing and asking them how their day is and really relaxed communication or they get stressed out and shut you off.

This just proves how important it is to take each individual chart into account and all the aspects it makes because my mom was the exact opposite. In fact if I'd ever approached her that way she'd have probably gotten a bit offended and snippy with me; she was always very direct and straightforward in her communication style and expected that from others; I'm guessing due to her airy placements (Aquarius Sun; Gemini Moon) and Aries ascendant.

LovelyMissAries

This just proves how important it is to take each individual chart into account and all the aspects it makes because my mom was the exact opposite. In fact if I'd ever approached her that way she'd have probably gotten a bit offended and snippy with me; she was always very direct and straightforward in her communication style and expected that from others; I'm guessing due to her airy placements (Aquarius Sun; Gemini Moon) and Aries ascendant.

True. I forgot about my mom's Libra moon which most likely plays a large part in her being very peaceful (when it's convenient, anyway). And an Aries ASC with those air placements would definitely NOT need cooing or buttering up. Being a Gem ASC and Aries with Merc Aries myself, I can understand being offended by niceties. She probably thought it was weak and manipulative (again I'm just guessing based off her placements). My mom also has Taurus rising but I only see it in her stubbornness and her love of jewelry and shopping.

Last edited:

byjove

Account Closed
Hi Everyone, this is my first post. Looking forward to hanging out here.

Well I did the chart on this Aries person and it turns out that her Mercury is in Pisces. So this Aries person makes Impulsive Emotional/Intuitive decisions. You can see that when I try to explain my rational logical ideas I will have problems. I have learned you use imagery and metaphors to communicate but I was wondering if you guys could give me other suggestion on how to communicate with this Impulsive, Emtional/Gut Level not very educated Strong Minded Aries. Here is what I have found on Mercury in Pisces:

... this explains the Aries in my life exactly, at least that's how I see her? If you were a Libra how would you communicate scientific facts and/or just basically communicate with an Aries whose Mercury is in Pisces?

All opinions welcome. :biggrin:

Great thread on more info. on this here:
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2131

Long ago I went on the defence of Mercury in Pisces and opened this thread to address and debunk myths:
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28241

This is one of the best DEEP Mercury in Pisces explorations I've found:
http://www.mindfire.ca/The Planets Through the Signs/Mercury Though the Signs/Mercury in Pisces.htm

Ruka_5

Banned
True. I forgot about my mom's Libra moon which most likely plays a large part in her being very peaceful (when it's convenient, anyway). And an Aries ASC with those air placements would definitely NOT need cooing or buttering up. Being a Gem ASC and Aries with Merc Aries myself, I can understand being offended by niceties. She probably thought it was weak and manipulative (again I'm just guessing based off her placements). My mom also has Taurus rising but I only see it in her stubbornness and her love of jewelry and shopping.

I think it's more that my mom would've viewed it as over the top sentimentality and unnecessary mushiness, which she hated, as well as finding it insulting to her intelligence and her pride like, "Don't coo at me like I'm a baby, I'm a grown woman."

Great thread on more info. on this here:
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2131

Long ago I went on the defence of Mercury in Pisces and opened this thread to address and debunk myths:
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28241

This is one of the best DEEP Mercury in Pisces explorations I've found:
http://www.mindfire.ca/The Planets Through the Signs/Mercury Though the Signs/Mercury in Pisces.htm

Yeah, I think there needs to be some kind of re-thinking of the whole perception of Mercury in Pisces; besides my mom, a former friend of mine had the placement, and neither one of them were anything like what most people would think of the placements. In fact they were both really grounded mentally and had a lot of common sense, very practical, and very strong people, which runs completely contrary to the stereotype of the Mercury in Pisces with their head in the clouds all day.

B

bigblack

IMHO I would think the big picture, look at the outside and dont break things down into their component pieces. Remember this is the opposite of virgo that breaks things down - pisces goes for overall.

If you have read that book called something like "zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance" he writes their are two types of people when it comes to judging how good the motorcycle is. Those who would need to know the cubic capacity of the pistons, what oil it takes and would on a sunday strip the bike down and clean it and others who would take one look at the bike and judge by how it looks.

Also Mark E Smith of The Fall has mercury in pisces. (Just showing how old I am):biggrin:

Ruka_5

Banned
IMHO I would think the big picture, look at the outside and dont break things down into their component pieces. Remember this is the opposite of virgo that breaks things down - pisces goes for overall.

I already said that.

This just proves how important it is to take each individual chart into account and all the aspects it makes because my mom was the exact opposite.

CosmicLove

I saw this thread, and I thought I'd ask here.

Pisces is my sun sign, and I also have Mercury in Pisces. Does this mean I'm doubly Piscean in terms of how I function?

byjove

Account Closed
It would definitely mean that you're extra-Pisces, because having a second planet there, and what we call a 'personal' planet such as Mercury, the Moon, Venus or Mars as well as your Sun would definitely add extra Pisces characteristics and tendencies. Many of these will be emphasized.

Note though that the aspects and placing of these planets in the houses affect you too. If you have a strong Saturn aspect to your Sun or Mercury in Pisces, it would add a stable, somewhat rational current to that planet which would stear a little away from some of the typical Pisces characteristics. If such a Mercury was also in a natural house of Mercury - the 3rd or 6th then again, some tendencies associated with Pisces would be reduced.

I'm Sun Aries with Mercury in Pisces. I've Cancer ascendant so the Moon is doubly important to me, and it is in Virgo and a house of Virgo - the 3rd house. This adds many Virgo characteristics to my personality which dilutes the Piscean effect - it can be confusing, amusing or admirable to other people - because it's a combination of opposites. Then that Moon, in Virgo, is ruled by Mercury in Pisces conjunct my Pisces Midheaven - Pisces, obviously watery, but on the MC is extremely analytical and intellectual. See how things are linked? You may well be a double, triple or quadruple Pisces, or some or many of these characteristics can be changed in your chart! Take a peek and explore!! :happy:

CosmicLove

You may have helped me get somewhere. I also have Cancer as my ascendant, and the moon is the 6th house, which I believe is Virgo's house (which, if I recall correctly, is Pisces' polarity). However, I think I may also have a Pisces midheaven (I'll have to double-check on that.) Although I'm a Piscean, my Sun and Mercury are both in the tenth house, the house of Capricorn.

Wow, this is all so confusing. Excuse my newness. Haha.

byjove

Account Closed
We Pisces-Mercuries are very sensitive, kind people. I really see what that means once in a while when I brush with more, and more new people. More often that not, we have the best intentions for other people, and assume that they do for us too. Not so! ... and many people see this nature and don't care for it... we have to protect ourselves. As someone recently said to me 'she's a wolf in sheep's clothes' - and that's something us Disney folk need to remember. My dad has Mercury in Pisces too, though he was born on the Pisces/Aries cusp and we don't know which he is. We both enjoy relaxing music, a little religous music, (amongst a lot of other types) and a little new age, we both enjoy dancing too. We can both drift a little at times - the body is there but the mind isn't! Another guy I met with this shared my love of the orient. And at just 19 (an American, living in Ireland with his family) moved to CHINA on his own..to start a new life, he enjoyed oriental culture so much. I wonder if you too are terrible with maths and accounting? I'm lethal...

And I've Sun in the 10th too lol. And I meant to say that I hoped to add a little (just a little) more than you asked to give you a bigger picture and show you a research path if you need it. Also, many interpretations of our Mercury in Pisces can be quite negative...can I suggest a non-negative one? It gives an interpretation unlike any other I've found:

http://www.mindfire.ca/The%20Planets%20Through%20the%20Signs/Mercury%20Though%20the%20Signs/Mercury%20in%20Pisces.htm

Last edited:

CosmicLove

Yeah, I can understand that, the whole thing about watching out for ourselves. That's definitely something I need to work on.

Oh, your dad was born on the Pisces/Aries cusp. So was I! I'm definitely on the Piscean end of that, though. I'm certain of it.

Hmmm. I wouldn't say I'm terrible at math, as I made solild grades in pretty much everything. It just took a lot more work to get those grades in math than it did in other subjects. My lack of math skills definitely shows in my AP Calculus score... :|

That link was very interesting and helpful. Thanks for sharing! :)

vanessanz

Either there's mass discrimination about Mercury in Pisces or I'm in fact blind myself, because I disagree with most criticism of Mercury in Pisces. Perhaps things are too modified in my chart to be the 'pure' brand, I don't know.

My data:

Sun in Aries Mercury (on MC) in Pisces
Moon in Virgo Venus in Pisces
Sun trine Saturn (exact)

I admit I've trouble sometimes with my parents who both have Moon in Pisces, which is opposite my (Cancer rising) Virgo Moon (in the 3rd) ... but my dad has Mercury in Pisces, and other Mercury in Pisces people I find are a delight...however... I know I'm blindly optimistic at times, and I have the best of intentions for others and mistake everyone else to be the same - it takes me time to see and accept that someone is acting against me...I just can't fathom it. Worst of all, is a wolf in sheep clothes - not everyone who smiles at you is your friend - people can work against you when you're not around, and that I think Mercury in Pisces people are known to late in 'seeing'.

Hi ByJove - Thanks for your comment which i find interesting

We have similar placements;
Sun in Pisces
Mercury in Pisces opposite M.C
Moon in Virgo conjunct M.C
Venus in Pisces
Sun trine Saturn (1 degree orb)

I have a T-square from Moon/M.C to Neptune in 12th house to Mercury in 3rd Pisces.

I lost millions in assets a few years ago because someone i knew set me up & scammed me while pretending to be friendly, and yes i find it very hard to remember that other people can have bad intentions - even after having been taken advantage of many times

I'm curious - do you use your Pisces Mercury conjunct M.C in any public way?