Jupiter INCONJUNCT Midheaven?

dr. farr

In the example, both Jupiter and the MC have the same dispositor, Venus: the relationship of Venus to Jupiter would be an important consideration; also it all depends upon whether or not Jupiter in the given chart is a functional benefic or a functional malefic: also, it is too much of a generalization to say that Jupiter always represents "luck"-actually, the Part of Fortune is a much more consistent indicator of "luck" than is Jupiter, and Mercury vies with Jupiter as a "luck" indicator.

Neptune, Uranus and Mars in constructive aspect to the MC all can be considered supportive to what the MC represents. But we would also have to consider your 11th house, which has a great deal to do with "luck", and wishes, and hopes, and gains-and whether the natal influences are supportive, ir inimical, to these. Then there is the specific Lot of Profession, and the Lot of Happiness, and the Lot of Success, each of which can provide more specific indications relative to these matters, than relying exclusively upon either house or planetary generic significators.

dr. farr

Will you tell me or give me a link to something that can help me find he part of success, etc? Please and thank you for answering!!!

Part of Success:
Day formula: ascendant+jupiter-part of fortune
Night formula: ascendant+part of fortune-jupiter

Part of Profession (also refers to work, career)
Universal formula: ascendant+moon-saturn

Part of Luck
Universal formula: ascendant+moon-jupiter

Judy_AzVirgo

One way your quincunx could work: it may indicate a need to make an adjustment between your ideas (3rd house) and ideals (Jupiter) in order to make your career work for you. For instance, maybe your expectations for success need to be revised. You might experience some irritation, but having to adjust ourselves to the demands of our work/career is pretty common. It could manifest in other ways, of course.

As the good doctor points out, both your Jupiter and MC are Venus-ruled, so maybe the self-tweaking you go through with this aspect won't be very difficult for you, especially since you have other aspects to the MC. It would be good to see your chart to know just what's going on.

I haven't thought of the quincunx as a "bad" aspect, personally, and I have a couple of close ones in my natal chart. One of them involves my Ascendant-Mars, and early on in life, I found that I needed to adjust the way I presented myself to people so that I don't come on too strong. I think that working on this quincunx may have helped me learn a little patience, which is ultimately a good thing. :)