How EXACTLY do transits work?

For example, if transit Venus was conjunct my natal Sun AND transit Mars was also conjunct my natal Venus all at once, is there a 100% guarantee that I will get a boyfriend? Or is there some effort on my part to make it happen? I mean...what if I just sit at home in my room and wait for some cute guy to come knocking at my door. Is this likely to happen at all, purely because of certain planetary alignments? :unsure:

I got a feeling it doesn't work that way and you literally HAVE to get out of the house and actually talk to guys if you want a boyfriend, lol.

I think the transits only purpose is to make you more attractive and give you that extra energy/vibe that makes men more attracted to you more than usual. At least Mars and Venus transits do this.

What are your thoughts on transits? Is it a guarantee that something will happen without you doing anything at all? Or do you have to put in some effort in order for something to happen?

JUPITERASC

For example, if transit Venus was conjunct my natal Sun AND transit Mars was also conjunct my natal Venus all at once, is there a 100% guarantee that I will get a boyfriend? Or is there some effort on my part to make it happen? I mean...what if I just sit at home in my room and wait for some cute guy to come knocking at my door. Is this likely to happen at all, purely because of certain planetary alignments? :unsure:

I got a feeling it doesn't work that way and you literally HAVE to get out of the house and actually talk to guys if you want a boyfriend, lol.

I think the transits only purpose is to make you more attractive and give you that extra energy/vibe that makes men more attracted to you more than usual. At least Mars and Venus transits do this.

What are your thoughts on transits? Is it a guarantee that something will happen without you doing anything at all? Or do you have to put in some effort in order for something to happen?
As evidenced by many posts on our forum over the years
expected transits do not always produce the events expected :smile:

The reason is that
the profected chart must be taken into account as well

Moondancing

Premium Member
As evidenced by many posts on our forum over the years
expected transits do not always produce the events expected :smile:

The reason is that
the profected chart must be taken into account as well

Excellent timing to put this to the test. The fourth house is the focus this year with Moon the profected planet. The daily profected ruler is Venus (rules my 7th house) is making an exact conj. to Jupiter in the 10th house on Monday. I happen to be going to an event to which I'll be meeting new people. Venus natally is in it's fall in Virgo. :-( Also, adding the Moon is making a trine to the Jupiter/Venus conj transit.

Moondance

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Excellent timing to put this to the test.
The fourth house is the focus this year with Moon the profected planet.
The daily profected ruler is Venus (rules my 7th house) is making an exact conj. to Jupiter in the 10th house on Monday.
I happen to be going to an event to which I'll be meeting new people.
Venus natally is in it's fall in Virgo. :-( Also, adding the Moon is making a trine to the Jupiter/Venus conj transit.

Moondance
so your Yearly profected ruler for this year is Mars :smile:

JUPITERASC

My thinking is to see if the profected chart will bring about a relationship
(7th house) that I don't really anticipate with just the transit of Venus/Jupiter conj. Venus conj Mars natally.

Moondance
Natal chart promise regarding relationships requires assessment :smile:

ukdesifem

The planets are in continuous motion. Any person's native chart is thus just a snapshot of the planets at the time of our births.

But the planets are still continuous. And a transiting planets still affects a person when it aspects his or her natal planets.

So take Saturn over a person's natal MC. This may mean more work, or a test in one's career. Jupiter transit trine the Sun may mean a renewed life purpose. Uranus transit conjunct a Moon may mean change in emotions, or need for a new emotional base.

So monitoring transits are important, because they invariably affect our lives in some way. the exact effect is based on the house and sign of course.

ukdesifem

nothing is guaranteed. but then you're right you have to act on it, and also notice the opportunities.

JUPITERASC

So monitoring transits are important,
because they invariably affect our lives in some way.
the exact effect is based on the house and sign of course.

As evidenced by many discussions on our forum,
frequently transits pass without delivering expected events
or even affecting our lives in some way :smile:

the reason is
the yearly profected chart
and the natal chart promise
are the determining factors

Moondancing

Premium Member
Misread the annual profections chart and my example shows Desert Queen in 6th house not 5th. So, back to the drawing board on this example.

Moondance

Moondancing

Premium Member
Back from the drawing board.

Once we determine the profection year that the person is in, you can profect from any planet or place in the chart. With Desert Queen's chart I determined she was in her 6th profected year, so if we want to see what is happening in her career we profect 6 houses from the 10th. That brings us to the 3rd house. The house has Pieces on the cusp and Jupiter it's ruler is transiting the 8th house (6th house from the 3rd). What is happening to Jupiter? Venus (10th house ruler) is making a conj aspect to Jupiter. Desert Queen got a job as a journalist.

Please let me know if I've made an error or not using the technique correctly, for astrology's sake.

Moondance

Attachments

• profection.jpg
    profection.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Back from the drawing board.

Once we determine the profection year that the person is in, you can profect from any planet or place in the chart. With Desert Queen's chart I determined she was in her 6th profected year, so if we want to see what is happening in her career we profect 6 houses from the 10th. That brings us to the 3rd house. The house has Pieces on the cusp and Jupiter it's ruler in the 8th house (6th house from the 3rd). What is happening to Jupiter? Venus (10th house ruler) is making a conj aspect to Jupiter. Desert Queen got a job as a journalist.

Please let me know if I've made an error or not using the technique correctly, for astrology's sake.

Moondance
useful visual illustration of yearly profections in the form of a wheel :smile:
ProfectionWheel.jpg

Moondancing

Premium Member
What I'm unsure of is if you need an aspect natally between Jupiter/Venus to fulfill the promise that transiting Jupiter/Venus conj make.

Moondance

JUPITERASC

What I'm unsure of is if you need an aspect natally between Jupiter/Venus to fulfill the promise that transiting Jupiter/Venus conj make.

Moondance
The ruler of the Profected Ascendant sign is activated and becomes the Year Ruler.
Any Planets in that Sign are also activated
because
they are disposited (ruled) by the Year Ruler.

So
the Profected Asendant
activates that Sign in the Natal Chart
plus the Solar Return Chart
and then
the Sign of the Solar Return Ascendant
is activated in both the Natal and the Profected Charts.
And of course the Ascendant Sign of the Natal Chart is always activated in the Solar Return Chart.

Important to clarify
that it is the Sign that is activated,
not the House.
Any Planets falling in the Sign will play a key role :smile:

NShane

I've just reached the conclusion that transits are just like weather forecasts. If it's a 80% chance of rain today, don't forget your rain boots!!! I think aspects are just warning you of what could happen and make you mentally prepared.....

Where can I learn more about this chart profection stuff please and thank you

JUPITERASC