Composite and synastry charts... thoughts?

Hello. I've been working with astrology for a while, but I'd like someone to double check me on this one since I'm involved (want to make sure I'm being detached enough to interpret correctly). The following data is on myself and a fella:

Me: born 4 February 1973, Charleston, SC, USA, 4:48 pm
Him: born 22 January, 1972, Chicago, IL, USA, 9:55 pm

According to these charts, it looks like we have some good synastry aspects going for us (hopefully enough to balance out that wide orb Saturn (his) square Moon (mine). Maybe his venus conjunct my moon and my Venus conjunct his sun, and my sappho exactly conjunct his Venus & Vesta can help out.

But this is the first time I've done a composite astrology report (using midpoint method). The following composite aspects came up (all of these are composites, not natals):

Venus conjunct Mars conjunct Eros (in Aquarius)

Sun conjunct Vertex, exact degree (in Aquarius)

Stellium in Aquarius (Mercury, Sun, Venus, Mars, Vertex, Eros)

Grand Trine (2) -- Saturn/Pluto/Sun, Saturn/Pluto/Mercury

Mystic Rectangle -- Saturn/Neptune opp, and Moon/Pluto opp, do the supporting sextiles help the oppositions?

True Node opposition Pars Fortuna

I don't rule my relationships based on astrology reports, but I do utilize astrology to help explain what my "gut" tells me. This gentleman and I are just starting to become closer. We both are extremely good musicians/songwriters/vocalists and play together, Aquarians (first one I've ever met in my life besides me, actually, so that's kinda weird), very creative people. I also know that every time we're alone together, the sexual tension in the room is so thick I think I'd explode if he touched me (he hasn't yet aside from a hug... it's very platonic... for now). That is something I'm NOT sure how to handle, but am wondering if it might be from that Venus/Mars/Eros conjunction in the composite chart. Incidentally, his Eros is conjunct my Mars in Sagittarius, and my Eros is conjunct his Mars in Aries.

Anyway, I just wanted some thoughts from more experienced people. If you have the time to comment, please accept my gratitude in advance for your kindness and willingness to help another person learn.

Namaste,

~Mab

wilsontc

Staff member
Impulse

mab,

Normally I would look at composite charts only after there is an agreed-upon "relationship", since composite charts are about combining two into one. However, as musicians, you do this all the time! In playing together you ARE combining your energies. So it is not surprising if your "composite" chart energies start to work.

You said:
I also know that every time we're alone together, the sexual tension in the room is so thick I think I'd explode if he touched me...

When we feel the "impulse" to do something (i.e., "sexual tension") it can be helpful to look for Aquarius, Uranus, or 11th house influences in the chart (all have to do with "impulse"). In your composite chart you have Aquarius (friends, also impulse) modifying Mars (being, also action) conjunct Venus (relationships) trine (energy goes very easily with) Uranus (friends, also impulse). This indicates when you "blend energies" there is an urge to have an impulsive, active relationship: this is also called by some "love at first sight". Since Mars is the ancient ruler of Scorpio (transformation, also sex), Mars and Venus in combination can indicate sexual desires in relationships.

The challenge of Uranus energy is that it can be over "in a flash". Once the impulse is accepted and acted on, suddenly the relationship becomes more a "friendship", which is where Uranus energy is most comfortable: close but not TOO close. Of course, it is possible to have a friendly relationship together and keep alive the original passion felt at first meeting...but it will take work from BOTH people in the relationship.

Relating,

Tim

That makes a good deal of sense! I tend to have some of that tension between Uranus (on my IC) and Venus (on my Descendant) as a rule anyway with love affairs. Doesn't probably help that my Venus is in Aquarius. Though it certainly explains some things about my penchant for "quirky" love (don't think I'll elaborate... :lol: )

Someone else also told me that a man's Sun opposition a woman's Ascendant causes sexual chemistry (which is true in our charts as well... within a degree). Lots of factors.

Thank you immensely for the insight. We actually met for the first time a year ago, fell out of contact due to conflicts going on in his life, started doing a bit of musical recording this past fall. But our friendship has only really started kicking off this month. Wish I knew if Venus retrograde had anything to do with some of this. I hear it's bad timing to begin any kind of relationship stuff under Venus retro.

Anyway, thank you for taking the time. I appreciate it. :D

~Mab

Virgogoddess888

I had a relationship where his saturn squared my moon, not good he was very controlling and it did not work in the end. I do have to say that you have so many sexual aspects it is going to be hard to see anything through the sexual haze. Lots of sexual aspects especially the venus/mars conjunction. Just be careful that you express yourself and don't suppress your feelings/emotions. Stay true to yourself. Lisa