Venus/Pluto in Synastry and Composite?

Venuslure

Hello, I was wanting to know if anyone could tell me more about Venus/Pluto contacts in synastry and composite chart? The reason I ask is because I have Venus sextile Pluto and Pluto trine Venus in synastry with someone, and Venus square Pluto in the composite chart. Does anyone else have this going on with someone you know, if so how do you handle it or walk away from it?:confused:

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Hi there. My last relationship: He had venus opp. pluto (natally).I have no aspect between venus and pluto natally.But in the synastry, my venus was square his pluto and my pluto was opposite his venus. In the composite chart there was no aspect between venus and pluto.It ended badly and was very hard for both parties to move on....this ended up being geographic causing big upheavals for both.Pluto brings up deep repressed love issues in its opposition with venus, but again the sign placements are also important.In synastry, it is good to see a sextile of venus/pluto- a trine is ideal, but in the charts of 20 couples I studied who broke up after 20 years there were a lot who had pluto/venus square in their composite...lillyjgc

Venuslure

Yeah, I can't stop thinking of this guy, I think I am feeling it more though. I always thought intense feelings would be mutual since the double whammy, and a Venus square Pluto in the composite...

Last edited:

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
venus square pluto seems to create an intensity-a strong focus on love and sex..it's not hard to see how obsessive love is a product of plutonian aspects.As to it being one sided- I think my ex would disagree- we both suffered immensely ("can't live with, can't live without") but my feeling is his natal pluto-venus opposition was at the basis of most of our problems- it took a few years to get over it though (him too) and neither of us has had a serious relationship since.....lillyjgc

unukalhai

Yikes, Ray, good luck with the house!

I'll take a stab at Venus/Pluto relationships, as I'm undergoing a Pluto conjunct Venus transit which happens to be exact today, and I've been considering this pairing for a while now, as Pluto works his ways on my Venus.

Venus/Pluto in dynamic aspect can generate a sort of obsessive/compulsive partnership, one where the relationship creates situations and circumstances that compel us to dive into ourselves and understand just why we're so obsessive about this other person. Sometimes we'll even wonder just why we're so attracted to the other, and not even have a sound logical explanation to give ourselves, aside from a sort of feeling of entering the event horizon of a massive black hole. And that black hole is playing such beautiful music, or so it sounds through the power of Venus's attractive principle, that we just cant help but get sucked in. There's a bit of karma to all this, of course, and Venus/Pluto pairings often indicate the destination is personal transformation. Sometimes it only really makes sense in hindsight, after Pluto's power has subsided (and that's not quickly, either), or we've transformed enough that we need to move on.

There can be issues of trust, jealousy, and honesty that make themselves loud and clear at times. It becomes hard, and at times near dangerous, to attempt to hide anything from the other or ourselves regarding the relationship. They either pick up on the half-truths by their intuition or use investigative means (covert or overt) to get to the bottom of things. Just as Pluto deals with investigations and revealing all that is hidden, so does the Venus/Pluto relationship function. Depth is a keyword in all it's meanings to these relationships, from psychological right down to the perversion of that word.

The soft aspects are more favorable, but the hard aspects can be much more rewarding if they are applied in positive manners. These Venus/Pluto relationships have the potential for deep transformations to take place, and for either or both parties to overcome difficult relationship issues. Pluto's influence purifies by exposing all that is maligned in anything it touches. As the relationship can take on some darker undercurrents, the natives get a chance to face parts of themselves they may not otherwise face without a Plutonian dose of compulsion. This can create tensions and highlight personal lackings, which can have a negative impact, but if both parties are open and honestly communicate the experience, and are mutually supportive, this can actually act to deepen the bond between the two in a major manner. It all depends how the natives handle the energy, whether they let it remain an damed up undercurrent where it becomes corrosive or if they actively engage the process. If one party in the relationship doesn't feel comfortable enough with the other to open up these repressed psychological patterns, which are hard enough to face in oneself let alone share them with another, the basis forms for the more corrosive expression of this energy. This is often how Venus/Pluto relationships end; one faces a Plutonian challenge of purification which is withheld from the other, which leads to an array of blockages and a notable change in the energy exchange between the individuals. Both parties feel it, things start seeming "off" and the decline begins. In relationships exhibiting Venus/Pluto energy as a primary factor, one should always remember nomatter how dark and difficult facing something is, it's better to get it off your chest than to let it fester. The fixed emotional (water) nature of Pluto makes this a serious danger. Sometimes this means revealing to your partner some things about your inner self you may rather keep hidden, but hey, that's a huge theme of Pluto: facing your darkness. By bringing these things up to the surface, the process of purification can begin in a non-corrosive manner; as the light shines upon the darkness it is transcended and resolved. In the same manner, it is important for both parties in a strong Venus/Pluto bond to avoid passing any form of judgment on the other, even if the other was to reveal a particularly distasteful part of themselves. It's important to promote acceptance and dissolution of personal guilt; guilt is the enemy of successful transcendence. One should remember their own dark side before passing judgment on anyone else; we've all got one, and the thought that any of us are angels is but a fallacy... And a dangerous one at that!

Plain and simple, the sexual potential in Venus/Pluto relationships is high; it serves as an intensive means of bonding and interpersonal connection on a soul level. Sex is more than something physical under these influences. Sex on a physical level is more of the Mars/Pluto domain, where it may be better described by the common four letter expletive, although that is sometimes what people enjoy more. All depends on the natal makeup. Regardless, Venus/Pluto serves to focus the sex act on the passive attractive ("togetherness") principle of Venus rather than the active aggressive ("alpha male") principle of Mars. This can work as a positive or negative thing depending on the desires of the people involved... But either way sexual attraction runs strong.

Overall, this pairing can be very positive if handled constructively. Much to the disagreement of some, Venus and Pluto are actually pretty good friends. How couldn't a dirty guy like Pluto be magnetized to sensual Venus? And if Venus was all about some Mars, she'd go nuts at Pluto's stamina and sheer power, making the prowess of Mars seem petty. Besides, any lady who formed from a severed phallus is sure to have an x-rated side... a very happily accepted thing in Pluto's underworld. Some say Venus is too frail for Pluto, but I disagree. Bil Tierney in his book on Pluto (in the section describing Venus from a Plutonian perspective) used the words "fiesty" and "cocksure" to describe Venus based on her mythological history, and I think he's right on target. The concept of Venus being a snow white in glass slippers is a concoction of too many Disney animations and not enough reality. Venus may be impressionable, but she's not weak. Earth Venus is represented by the bull, an extremely strong creature, and her air side by the scales, representing the triumph of fair justice and the ultimate power of balance. Neither side is by any means weak.

Last edited:

Girl_from_Jupiter

I have a Venus/Pluto double whammy with my special guy. My Venus conjuncts his Pluto and his Venus squares my Pluto. Neither one of us has a Venus/Pluto contact natally. Contacts between Venus and Pluto in synastry are not only about sexual attraction. Like in my case, the sexual attraction is intense, no doubt about that. But it goes deeper than just pure lust. We simply can't live with or without each other. The feelings run so deep. It is very hard to understand for other people why we feel about each other the way we do. We just can't help it. It feels like we are destined to work through our problems together. Long story short, Venus/Pluto contacts definitely create a very strong bond between two people, especially when the contact is a double whammy.

aquacan

Shining Ray said:
Wow great interpretation Unukalhai. Explains really well the interaction I had with a past boyfriend and we had the Venus square Pluto aspect in synastry me being the Venus and he was Pluto. The control was the main issue in the relationship, I wasn't allowed out with friends and if I was going to go out then he would become very threatening towards me trying to keep his control and power over me, especially if he thought I was escaping from his grip. After a while the name calling and usual abuse wasn't working, so he would intensify it even more and become even more threatening and dangerous, and he would say he was going to kill my pets if I went out without him. Which is pretty sick. But this is the lengths he would go to if I wasn't doing what he wanted.

The more I tried to free myself the more possessive he would become he was not the compromising type of person and no matter how hard I tried to make the relationship work he would never meet me half way so there comes a time when you have to let go of this type of relationship because it can seriously mess up your mental state staying with a cold hearted abusive man.

I guess he was never willing to give up the control and possessiveness, but funnily enough, half the time he hardly spoke two words to me so he wasn't that interested in understanding me and who I was as a person I was just a possession that filled some kind of need for him, he just didn't seem to understand how the mental and physical abuse was tearing me apart it was really soul destroying not to be valued by someone who claims to love you but never really showed it. But then maybe I was placing too much of my self worth on how he loved me, I was desperate for love and someone to tell me I was a lovable person, but Love was not something he was capable of giving.

At times I found myself chasing after him even after he had abused me. I found it hard not to be with him the dark lonely unlovable feelings would be more pronounced when he wasn't there. When he was there it filled some kind of feeling into me or allowed me to be too distracted with all the drama that was going on so that I didn't have to be still and have all the feelings from childhood rise up and torture me and make me feel like nothing.

It has also been said that Pluto can have an hypnotizing affect on the Venus person who can be like me be compelled to return to the relationship time and time again. Usually he tried to make me feel sorry for him by saying he couldn't live without me and he would commit suicide if I left and even that gave me some importance in the world believing I mattered so much to someone, he would also give massive amounts of flattery and praise and my self esteem was rock bottom and he knew by saying these things to me I would soften up and return, so major manipulation was going on.

Natally I have Venus Square Pluto in my chart, so I have a tendency to attract Plutonian type of people into into my life. Pluto falls in Libra in the 2nd house, the house of self worth and possessions and values in the sign of relationships (Libra) square to my Venus in the 5th Capricorn. Maybe I have been compelled into these relationships to try and find a sense of my own power and self worth. The past relationship was very destructive, it finally ended when he attacked me not long after I had gotten out of hospital after surgery.

With my Present partner we have Venus trine Pluto and this does flow pretty easily in the relationship, and apparently this aspect can bring into the partnership a deepening sense of worth and pleasure. This aspect can help you believe in love again after having endured painful experiences from the past.

Here is the interpretation by Stephen Forrest for the natal Venus/Pluto which I found interesting to read as he didn't skim over any of the darkest potential in the aspect. But you can link some of the themes to the Venus square Pluto in synastry perhaps.

I know exactly what is this, it is as you have decribed my relationship (the first one you've described) with my ex (at last we managed to go apart!). He has his Pluto trining (not square, notice) my Venus and I have Pluto trining his Mercury ruler of his 7th (He says that us was his only successful marriage (!) which amazes me because for me was only hell!).
And I do get angry when I read things that say that this is not a tough aspect if one is willing to experience things deeeply and transform oneself and blablabla... I've challenged myself deeply, put at stake all my beliefs and the result was only hell. And I do think that Pluto-Venus realtionships as I've seen more than a couple around me (and that goes for tr Pluto con Venus as well) are always about two people that are sick. One pathologically psycologically sick and other, who tries to be the so-called healer but ends up discovering that has deep issues of low self-steem to have decided to cope with that anyway. That has been my experience and I've seen this happening a couple times in friends of mine, as well. At the end, one after being totally exhausted in his/her soul energies just have to give up and face the fact that the other is just mental/emotionally handicapped, vulgo, a pathological case often described in books of mental illness (and you did not have a clue in the beginning?!). The question is why should someone (often Venus) being attracted in the first place to a sick person? Low steem seems to be often the answer (most commonly comes out of a wounded heart or childhood issues). And I doubt that anyone hasn't had the intuition since the first moment of this relationship that this would end up badly (for you, of course) but decided to go on despite of this intuition.

To sum up, I see sickness in the pathological sense in this relationships Venus-Pluto, sorry if that ofends someone or is to harsh on someone who is now still under the spell of someone. But I am yet to be convinced that this is not the case.

aquacan

Last edited:

sbonney

And I do think that Pluto-Venus realtionships as I've seen more than a couple around me (and that goes for tr Pluto con Venus as well) are always about two people that are sick. One pathologically psycologically sick and other, who tries to be the so-called healer but ends up discovering that has deep issues of low self-steem to have decided to cope with that anyway. That has been my experience and I've seen this happening a couple times in friends of mine, as well. At the end, one after being totally exhausted in his/her soul energies just have to give up and face the fact that the other is just mental/emotionally handicapped, vulgo, a pathological case often described in books of mental illness (and you did not have a clue in the beginning?!). The question is why should someone (often Venus) being attracted in the first place to a sick person? Low steem seems to be often the answer (most commonly comes out of a wounded heart or childhood issues). And I doubt that anyone hasn't had the intuition since the first moment of this relationship that this would end up badly (for you, of course) but decided to go on despite of this intuition.

To sum up, I see sickness in the pathological sense in this relationships Venus-Pluto, sorry if that ofends someone or is to harsh on someone who is now still under the spell of someone. But I am yet to be convinced that this is not the case.

aquacan

I think this post is dead on, i have had two relationships with pluto venus aspects and this was the end result, they were sick, and i have low self esteem and allowed myself to be abused by them. I was a perfect prey, looking for approval and love, and compensating by putting up with their abuse.Needless to say they walked away unharmed, and i am left to deal with their discarded venom. Note to self, i am never ever ever dating anyone again that has a pluto venus aspect to myself. It leaves tremendous amounts of scars.

Last edited:

Lion o ness

Myself and this guy had "planned" on a short fling, we both have Venus Sq Pluto in our Natal's...

In Synastry his Venus quincunx[FONT=Arial, Sans, Verdana] my Pluto. His moon trines my pluto.[/FONT]

But go to the Composite and we get Moon conjunct Pluto and then both EXACTLY opposite Venus. :surprised:

Well this planned short fling was 9 months ago:whistling: We cant not break the tie, even though we have tried and tried and tried... When we dont talk I get obsessed. Im really feeling the Pluto...

This has been totally true in my case.
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Venus/Pluto in dynamic aspect can generate a sort of obsessive/compulsive partnership, one where the relationship creates situations and circumstances that compel us to dive into ourselves and understand just why we're so obsessive about this other person. Sometimes we'll even wonder just why we're so attracted to the other, and not even have a sound logical explanation to give ourselves, aside from a sort of feeling of entering the event horizon of a massive black hole. And that black hole is playing such beautiful music, or so it sounds through the power of Venus's attractive principle, that we just cant help but get sucked in. There's a bit of karma to all this, of course, and Venus/Pluto pairings often indicate the destination is personal transformation.
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

sbonney

God I know how you feel. I think i was the one obsessed with him. He didn't seem to show any obsession, only maniuplation and controlling and deceit. It had to end, i was starting to lose it mentally. No kidding, anxiety, paranoia, you name it.
Its been month and i know that "this too shall pass". Good luck with your situation, its hard. No wonder they say its karmic. I think these things are fated, not meant to last but meant to serve some sort of crazy purpose, i don't know "agony and ecstasy of love maybe", something for us to look back and reflect on while we're laying on our death bed (sorry to sound morbid):wink:

Lion o ness

Ohh it gets worse for me... I cant get away.. We "ended" the fling, but still talk, and get pull away..

His moon is in my 8th very binding..

His Sun,merc, mars are in my 12th
My Venus, Saturn in his 12th..

He's all water, and Im all fire.. So he makes me emotional and I make him go into action..

I just wish he would stay out of my 12th house... LOL... THATS very very very intruding...

Plus we have alot of Neptune contacts so **** I flipping idolized the hell out of him.. I feel as if the Angels floated him down from heaven and dropped him on my door step, and then said SIKE!!! WELLLLL if you were a better person you could have had this great thing here!! BUT you made bad choice's so sit there and obesse about it.. Learn to deal!! My venus in his 12th makes me just want to please him, WHATEVER he wants... I just agree to.... Can you see a 4x LEO super fixed just saying yes yes whatever you want... LOL.......Ohhhh It get's worse He's a Pisces... I dont even have to explain the Leo/Pisces thing..:pinched:

The worst thing (ok not really) He's is one of the most important person in my life... I need his support... :crying:

I guess that will teach my AZZ to go out and agree to a FLING...

sbonney

Ohh it gets worse for me... I cant get away.. We "ended" the fling, but still talk, and get pull away..

His moon is in my 8th very binding..

His Sun,merc, mars are in my 12th
My Venus, Saturn in his 12th..

He's all water, and Im all fire.. So he makes me emotional and I make him go into action..

I just wish he would stay out of my 12th house... LOL... THATS very very very intruding...

Plus we have alot of Neptune contacts so **** I flipping idolized the hell out of him.. I feel as if the Angels floated him down from heaven and dropped him on my door step, and then said SIKE!!! WELLLLL if you were a better person you could have had this great thing here!! BUT you made bad choice's so sit there and obesse about it.. Learn to deal!! My venus in his 12th makes me just want to please him, WHATEVER he wants... I just agree to.... Can you see a 4x LEO super fixed just saying yes yes whatever you want... LOL.......Ohhhh It get's worse He's a Pisces... I dont even have to explain the Leo/Pisces thing..:pinched:

The worst thing (ok not really) He's is one of the most important person in my life... I need his support... :crying:

I guess that will teach my AZZ to go out and agree to a FLING...

LOL, you are too funny. I am new to astrology so i have no idea what aspects my ex have to my chart, but it was a crazy mess too. I seemed to idolize him also, and its been a month and i still miss him. I think he wanted to have a fling with me aka booty call originally but knew i wouldn't stand for that **** so he made it seem like he was in a relationship with me, all the while acting like he was still single. WTF.

Seems like you both are attached to each other, what are you going to do?

Lion o ness

When someone hits your Neptune, you see that person through rose colored glasses..

This guy hit my Neptune in just about every way imaginable. So even though I know I dont see him correctly... WHO CARES.. He's perfect!! The Angels did bring him to me.... LOL sighhhh....

As for me IDK one day at a time...

piscesnurse

joseandmychartforcomp.jpg

could someone see this chart and see why we cannot stay away from each other thanks so much

MelissaM

HTML:
The only thing to relieve our emotional state for being with a person who has a venus/Pluto aspect in connection with us, is laugh at ourselves and let this aspect transform us in a deeply good way. I cannot be so drastic and furious by describing this venus/pluto aspect as a psychological mental issue going on through the pairing. Even if you have this kind of situation with yourself, this aspect will let you know more about yourself and work on this. I found that every person who has a hard or soft Venus/Pluto aspect natally must face their own demons with the other whose venus/pluto aspect is strong in synastry. From my own experience until now, I can tell you that if you have a hard venus/pluto aspect natally, you won't skip the chance of meeting your plutonian or venusian person in this lifetime because as the hindu philosophy says, the connection that the venus/pluto aspect creates is of a karmic one, we all have to go through this in order to let us change ourselves no matter how stubborn you are about yourself from not letting yourself to change. Most of the time this aspect meets during our first saturn return, or when you are dealing with a traumatic event in your personal life or when you feel loneliness, empty even when you are married and with kids. This karmic tie will teach you for good or for bad depending of your own perspective and circumstances. The venus/pluto aspect is not easy when married, the couple must be very strong and understanding in order to keep the relationship forever. Both partners should learn not to be stubborn on themselves and let change come to their life. THIS ASPECT HAS THE SATURNIAN ENERGY. I am still dealing with that (A venus/pluto conjunction in synastry), we cannot let go of each other, I know this pluto person (His good and evil ways), and I am still falling for him. Many times I left him but then when I was alone, I couldn't get him out of my mind, I was depressed, I couldn't concentrate in my daily life, in my work., I had to be friends with him agailn, he as the pluto person, let me come back to him, he became more understanding and jealous at the same time, I am happy, I feel like someone who is my soul mirror is with me and I can concentrate, and do my things happily but then I know that if we get very close, the deep emotional tornato comes again. I am really praying God for bringing me a person who will be able to make me forget about this pluto person however I know that the umbilical cord should break in order for both of us to be apart.

Last edited:

MelissaM

I understand you, maybe this person also felt badly and still feeling this way. I, as the venus person conjuncting his pluto (1 degree orb), could feel the confused, mixed emotions that he brought me into myself. I thought he was the one at first, that we were soulmates, actually this seems that we were so alike but all these are just an illusion, he was able to have a window of my naked soul and grab my weakness and take it for his bad motives but as I am pluto as well, since my venus conjuncts pluto, my pluto also conjuncts my sun natally, I know what were his motives, I could read every move from him in order to go beyond with his game of trapping me more and more and make me feel sick and vulnerable...

Get rid of this person, this is very harmful! I lighted many candles and pray for his departure. I want him to just leave away.

Last edited:

MelissaM

Love yourself moonwillow, this is a learning experience, life or if you believe in god, brings you the people who will change you at some point in your life. Make this experience a good one and learn to let go in order to stop causing pain to yourself. If you return to this person who has a "vampire" effect on you, he will keep controlling you and treat you as a puppet, at the end, you will regret yourself so badly for not loving yourself enough.

He picks up my thoughts so accurate, there were times that these things amazed me...how can a person is able to do those things to me since I am person who is not that easy of sharing myself. Now I know that if I fall into his spell again, I know that he will laugh at me making him the winner of his malicious game.

Moonwillow, you are lucky for using astrology as a tool of self observance and knowledge of others... keep using it, not many people as you, know astrology and fall so deeply into the hole of degradation and self pity for having this hard aspect with someone. You know his bad side so now, this is time to leave!