Synastry and Composite Synthesis

Greetings to all:

I find it hard to synthesize the interpretation of the synastry with the composite chart in the reading of relationship potential. I've
currently been dating, B (the 2nd natal chart shown), for 7 months and have really enjoyed our relationship.

I really like our synastry:
our chart rulers are in positive aspect (B's Saturn in sextile to my Pluto)
(I'm not sure if the orbs too loose for our mutual positive aspects between our Suns and Moons: a conjunction and a sextile, but they're in
very compatible signs)
our Suns trine
our 7th house rulers are trining B's Moon and my Venus)
B's Moon sesquisquares my Sun/Moon midpoint
my Moon's in conjunction to our composite Sun/Moon midpoint
we have mutual Venus/Mars aspects: a trine and a square
we have a lot of positive Saturn aspects, including mutual Sun/Saturn

Our composite on the other hand involves:
a square between our Sun with a 12th house Saturn
a quincunx between our Moon and Sun
and a more prominent Uranus in the 1st house squaring our Moon
Would the positive aspect from Saturn to the Moon and the positive aspect from Uranus to the Sun balance out the aforementioned squares
somehow?

Thus far, we get along great, and we're both really happy with each other, but I worry the other shoe will drop. Any potential problems to
watch out for? How would one integrate the sort of "mixed signals" of these two techniques?

I’m also moving to NYC, NY in June while B will remain in Gainesville, FL and I was wondering what these techniques have to say about
long-distance relationships? Thanks so much for ANY help anyone can offer. As a budding astrologer, I'd really appreciate your insight.

* My chart is first, B's is 2nd then followed by our synastry and composite. Thanks, again!

Attachments

• Untitled-5.jpg
    Untitled-5.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 29
  • Untitled-6.jpg
    Untitled-6.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 32
  • Untitled-7.jpg
    Untitled-7.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 32
  • Untitled-8.jpg
    Untitled-8.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 38

wilsontc

Staff member
Synastry and Composite, to metis

metis,

I think of the synastry and composite as two separate things. The synastry indicates the challenges and easy places in the relationship. The composite is about how the relationship works as a whole when both people are working on it at the same time. I don't look at composite charts until people have established a relationship (i.e., are past casual dating and are formally together as a couple).

Relating,

Tim

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I do agree that they're separate, but also very interconnected. For example, our mutual Sun/Saturn aspects (trine and sextile) in the synastry turns into a square between those same planets in the composite chart. I guess I'm trying to figure out what it all means with respect to the synastry and composite charts. I realize that the composite does emphasize mutuality either within each natal chart or between them in their synastry. We both have hard aspects from our Moon to our Uranus (mine being a tight conjunction and B's being an opposition) which manifest themselves in the composite into a square. I've read that sharing mutual aspects are great for compatibility, but having a square between the Moon and Uranus is very unsettling. Could it be that both are true and having an "unsettling" relationship is compatible with us both? I guess these are all bits and pieces I'm trying to integrate. Thanks so much, again, for your advice. :)

Métis

Can anyone add more to the synthesis here? I'd truly be grateful as this is definitely an area where I haven't had much access to resources combining the natal, composite, and synastry. I know quite a bit about each by themselves, but find the cross-referencing very difficult to translate. Thanks!

eonechoes

I feel like the composite Moon in the 9th house would only be helpful where concerns a long-distance relationship but I feel like perhaps the square and sesquiquadrate to Uranus and Jupiter respectively could be the root of any problems that could arise. But then again I have no idea what I'm talking about half the time :D. I hope someone can confirm or deny this with some more experience than I have.

EDIT: Also, I like to put the composite chart into the partners' charts and see how they "feel" about the relationship. A lot of people do this though so you might already do that. :)

Last edited: