Aries Lunar Eclipse: October 18, 2013

ethertwist

I was hoping to start a dialogue on the upcoming Prenumbral Lunar Eclipse on October 18 that will be taking place at 25 Aries 45 (visible in the U.S.).

I'd be interested in seeing it examined from all perspectives (e.g., Traditional, Modern, etc.). I don't know much about the nature of the various Saros series, but this one is part of series 117.

I'm particularly interested in this eclipse because my natal MC is 24 Aries 01 and my Sun is 24 Cancer 23. There was a partial lunar eclipse at a similar degree (24 Aries 13) on October 17, 2005 and I don't recall anything personally significant transpiring at that time that I'd attribute to that eclipse, so I'm not holding my breath for this one either, but I'm curious nevertheless.

Looking forward to any and all thoughts about this.

:smile:

Here's the chart from Cafe Astrology ( http://cafeastrology.com/2013eclipsescharts.html)

Attachments

• October 18, 2013 Lunar Eclipse 25 Aries.jpg
    October 18, 2013 Lunar Eclipse 25 Aries.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 30

kimbermoon

The Eclipse serves to pit the energies of the Sun and Moon against each other, astrologically speaking; typically this is believed to bring separation, opposition or confrontational situations, if the Eclipse falls unfavorably in the personal chart. The axis of Aries/Libra is basically about relationships: Self vs Others. Emotions can be high during this time, as with normal Full Moons. We note Neptune at odds with Venus and Mars [t-square] in the mundane chart; Pluto and Uranus are still squaring off; we also note Saturn being in the vicinity of the North Node along with Mercury conjunct. Sounds a bit ominous, but often we don't experience much on the physical level by these occurrences, rather more on the emotional/psychological levels that we don't even realize until down the road a bit. To be specific to your own inquiry we would need to have a peak at your personal chart, though.

majjik

Would the 2014 Libra LE in April be relevant here also? A continuation (or culmination) of the same themes perhaps? Only 6mths within each other, almost like a double whammy of sorts...

ethertwist

The Eclipse serves to pit the energies of the Sun and Moon against each other, astrologically speaking; typically this is believed to bring separation, opposition or confrontational situations, if the Eclipse falls unfavorably in the personal chart. The axis of Aries/Libra is basically about relationships: Self vs Others. Emotions can be high during this time, as with normal Full Moons. We note Neptune at odds with Venus and Mars [t-square] in the mundane chart; Pluto and Uranus are still squaring off; we also note Saturn being in the vicinity of the North Node along with Mercury conjunct. Sounds a bit ominous, but often we don't experience much on the physical level by these occurrences, rather more on the emotional/psychological levels that we don't even realize until down the road a bit. To be specific to your own inquiry we would need to have a peak at your personal chart, though.

Thank you so much for this! I definitely think the Mars-Neptune opposition is a big feature of this eclipse, especially since Mars essentially rules this lunation and it's in conflict with nebuloous Neptune. It seems like it indicates action that is thwarted or diffused, which seems echoed on the world stage right now.

Would the 2014 Libra LE in April be relevant here also? A continuation (or culmination) of the same themes perhaps? Only 6mths within each other, almost like a double whammy of sorts...

Good point! I took a look at that chart and there is a very pronounced Grand Cross taking place at that time and that lunation is (widely) involved. April 2014 seems like a real hotbed of activity with the Grand Cross in the mid Cardinal degrees (involving Jup/Plu/Mars/Ura all at about 13deg.) and the Lunar and Solar Eclipses also taking place. It would seem like this October eclipse is kicking off a six month period of very intense astrological activity. Yikes!:lol:

majjik

Yes, seems the energy will peak approx 14/04/14 (wow check out that lineup of numbers)Transiting Jupiter will be conj my 1st house 13degs Cancer Sun opp tr. Pluto square my Aries MC at 13degs and Mars Rx joining the party fm my Libran 4th house...I've been laying low in all areas since giving birth 2yrs ago but looks like thats about to change...I put on tons of postpartum weight whilst Jupiter sailed thru my 12th house Gemini...now Im wanting to lose it all so hopefully this energy will get me back on track again!!! Fingers crossed...

ethertwist

Yes, seems the energy will peak approx 14/04/14 (wow check out that lineup of numbers)Transiting Jupiter will be conj my 1st house 13degs Cancer Sun opp tr. Pluto square my Aries MC at 13degs and Mars Rx joining the party fm my Libran 4th house...I've been laying low in all areas since giving birth 2yrs ago but looks like thats about to change...I put on tons of postpartum weight whilst Jupiter sailed thru my 12th house Gemini...now Im wanting to lose it all so hopefully this energy will get me back on track again!!! Fingers crossed...

With all that cardinal energy (and in angular houses in your chart!), I can't imagine it not spurring many of us into action in some area of our lives. I wish you much good luck!!:biggrin:

My natal Venus is at 13 Cancer and my natal Moon is at 8 Taurus (the exact degree of the solar eclipse taking place on April 28, 2014), so I'm also very curious about what next spring has in store!

Hi there
this is my very first post here - tho i have read and enjoyed ad learned much from these boards for ages!

i am very interested in this eclipse as it conjunct exactly my new lovers chart - his venus is at the eclipse point - 25 Aries 11th house - opposed Mar at 2 scorpio 5th house.

we have a remarkable synastry and a very very close almost psycic relationship - same sun sign same rising. Remarkable synastry - But it feels to me like its too good to be true and something will be taken away at this eclipse.

NB This feeling of impending loss is my stuff and i have to try and work thru it -I have a really heavy chart with Venus/saturn.sun/chiron in a stellium and have a long history of lack of love - so i may be projecting my fears. Still i do understand a fair bit about eclipses - what im not so sure about is when an eclipse hits a natal point - surely that must be significant?!

im a begining - have been learning astrology for the last 5 years - would sincerely welcome all and any info on this lunation/chart/dynamic.

instinctively the situation feels HOT - not necessarily in a good way with Mars and neptune in the mix here between two pisces souls.. i would be very very grateful for any insight whatesoever from more experienced astrologers - regarding natal points and eclipses.

his chart here -
http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?...w&cid=eaefileFe1JZi-u1352338209&nhor=9&go=Go!

my chart here - http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?...w&cid=eaefileFe1JZi-u1352338209&nhor=1&go=Go!

many thanks x

Last edited:

mdinaz

I was hoping to start a dialogue on the upcoming Prenumbral Lunar Eclipse on October 18 that will be taking place at 25 Aries 45 (visible in the U.S.).

The eclipse takes place exactly on my natal Vertex, which is also trine my natal Venus. This eclipse wreaked great havoc today. The vertex is considered a karmic point or a fated point, and every karmic relationship I've had involved major aspects to the vertex along with other certain points. Today a current relationship and an ex (both karmic relationships from the same past life and both were sisters in that past life) went after each other in a Facebook posting and it was very bad in every way. These two have never met in person and have never interacted in any way yet the anger was palpable. The eclipse was further exacerbated by transiting Neptune square natal Mercury exact and transiting Mercury conjunct natal Neptune exact, and transiting Uranus sextile natal Jupiter exact and transiting Pluto quincunx natal Jupiter exact. Needless to say it was a very dramatic day on the karmic front. Most other eclipses have hit sensitive points in the past (conjunct MC, the Sun, etc) but nothing dramatic happened in any that I'm aware of unlike this one on the vertex.