Telling People You Won the Lotto, Yes or No?

Has this thought ever crossed your mind? Not sure about spreading the word, but quitting my job would be number one.

Spreading the word might change people’s attitude towards me in a negative way. I like the way things are now, so I’d keep the news to myself.

Check this site out, looks decent? http://www.moreaboutwinninglottery.com/.

Last edited:
M

may28gemini

It depends on how you define "spread the word," as in to whom? I mean, eventually people in your lives are going to start to ask "why did you quit your job?" "why are you going on vacation for a year?" etc. and what will you answer them? "I won a trip on Wheel of Fortune!" :lol:

It also depends on the amount you won. It seems like you're referring to winning an excessive amount of money for you to feel comfortable quitting your job, but what if you won say, a smaller prize like $20000?

Me personally, whether I win big or small, I would tell the closest people to me. I'd also be a person who would give to those whom I'm close to...aside from wiping out all my debts. I'd like to buy both my parents their freedom- which means help them divorce their current spouses so that would only happen if I won a large amount to help them with legal fees. I'd also help out a few of my friends with their rent and such... if I won big. If I won a small prize such as the $20000, well, that's great too!! I'd knock out part of my student loans, give some friends a few gift cards, and go backpacking in Europe and stay with friends for a little bit!

JUPITERASC

qtt8E.jpg

Kuntuzangmo

I would keep it quiet, make plans, and slowly tell those closest to me.
I would also probably take the annuity. I think that makes sense so that there's not lots of big spending at the get go. Planning, I think, is the most important.