Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology

Natal Astrology A place to discuss yours and others' birth charts. Includes psychological and relocation astrology, houses, aspects, and planetary dignity and debility.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-30-2013, 06:01 PM
7401Rizey 7401Rizey is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 111
Jupiter In Eighth House Retrograde.

How does that manifest in someone's life, if it's in Retrograde (Natal)
I read somewhere in one of those "cook-book" descriptions that the native will have a "rich" inner life. Since, Jupiter expands anything that touches, at any point in a native's life can that Retrograde become direct?

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-30-2013, 06:19 PM
Zarathu's Avatar
Zarathu Zarathu is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: 1.5 miles from the ocean, Bar Harbor, ME, USA
Posts: 5,057
Re: Jupiter In Eighth House Retrograde.

Everyone is different. You would have to post a chart. Some people have very strong and high friction Jupiters, other have a very weak and low friction Jupiter. For the second person, Jupiter's impact would have not much affect. For the other, Jupitert might be implicsted in Obesity.

All depends on the chart of the person. No one size fits all.
__________________
zarathuastrology.zohosites.com/
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-30-2013, 06:28 PM
milkywaygirl milkywaygirl is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 439
Re: Jupiter In Eighth House Retrograde.

I really, really should be studying.... But I'll respond here first and then go! I have jup at 0deg Leo rx in 8th. It rules my sag asc. I have found this placement quite beneficial, and yes,it does provide for a very rich inner life.

Don't think of rx planets as negative or counterproductive - they just function in a much subtler way. Jupiter will go direct by progression, if you check your progressions you can pinpoint the time when it goes direct. Mine went direct when I was around 30.

I would say that up until it went direct,I did not want to acknowledge the gifts of this placement. Jupiter in 8th bestows support from intimate connections - family, mates, friends with whom one has a deep tie to. Up until I was 30 I was very self sufficient financially, I did not want to accept help from my father. But I have returned to school now and I have let him help me out financially. I always felt that I shouldn't take that help, but now I see that it is beneficial for both of us.

Jupiter in 8th helps us out when we think we are at the end of our rope and out of resources. There have been several times in my life that I thought I was ******* due to not having resources - and right at that moment, I would get a contract or the resource I needed would just appear out of nowhere. It's quite helpful!

In regards to a rich inner life, I definitely have one, and find that when I go fearlessly into intimate relationships with people (all kinds of relationships - friendships, parents as well as sexual relationships), the lessons I learn from them are numerous, and bring me a greater sense of wholeness/oneness with the universe. Jupiter is the god-function, and where we find divinity in our lives. Now, were all those relationships good? Heck no! But the end result was a broadening of my own horizons, and a deeper understanding of all that entails life.

This position also bestows a big appetite for sex, but as always is dependent on the rest of the chart. I would say that's pretty true for me. Sex is a very big part of relationships for me, and I've gone overboard in the past, with a couple exes accusing me of only wanting them for that!
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-30-2013, 06:39 PM
Zarathu's Avatar
Zarathu Zarathu is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: 1.5 miles from the ocean, Bar Harbor, ME, USA
Posts: 5,057
Re: Jupiter In Eighth House Retrograde.

This was for Milkwaygirl. Others are not the same as her. It varies from person to person, like I already said.
__________________
zarathuastrology.zohosites.com/
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-30-2013, 06:43 PM
milkywaygirl milkywaygirl is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 439
Re: Jupiter In Eighth House Retrograde.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathu View Post
This was for Milkwaygirl. Others are not the same as her. It varies from person to person, like I already said.
Yes of course, but the underlying principles of benefitting from shared resources/ intimate connections and a feeling of otherworldly support in times of need, as well as an enlarged apetite for all things 8th house are the same. They will just manifest differently.
__________________


Last edited by milkywaygirl; 04-30-2013 at 06:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-30-2013, 08:27 PM
7401Rizey 7401Rizey is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 111
Re: Jupiter In Eighth House Retrograde.

You're right, everyone is different. To have such a planet in retrograde, could possibly mean that all the energies of that planet by be suppressed to a point right?

Like Mercury Retrograde, the effects of that retrograde, do you think that as that native gets older or becomes more developed, does affect the condition of that retrograde?

I have mines (jupiter) in Leo, aspecting Saturn and Mercury.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-30-2013, 08:30 PM
7401Rizey 7401Rizey is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 111
Re: Jupiter In Eighth House Retrograde.

My Chart......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg astro_w2gw_05_rizey_hp.16896.16672.jpg (57.0 KB, 4 views)
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-30-2013, 09:17 PM
milkywaygirl milkywaygirl is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 439
Re: Jupiter In Eighth House Retrograde.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7401Rizey View Post
You're right, everyone is different. To have such a planet in retrograde, could possibly mean that all the energies of that planet by be suppressed to a point right?

Like Mercury Retrograde, the effects of that retrograde, do you think that as that native gets older or becomes more developed, does affect the condition of that retrograde?

I have mines (jupiter) in Leo, aspecting Saturn and Mercury.
Rx planets aren't suppressed, they are inwardly focussed. Also keep in mind that Jupiter is rx for several months a year, so pretty common in natals.

Jupiter rules your asc and is your chart ruler, as well as co ruling your sun. Jupiter and sun are in mutual reception, using traditional rulers.

I would be interested to know when your jupiter went direct by progression, as it would have affected the saturn opposition and the mercury trine, can you let us know when that was, if it has already happened?

How do you find jupiter to be operating in your life? What is your experience of 8th house issues?
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-01-2013, 12:54 AM
7401Rizey 7401Rizey is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 111
Re: Jupiter In Eighth House Retrograde.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkywaygirl View Post
Rx planets aren't suppressed, they are inwardly focussed. Also keep in mind that Jupiter is rx for several months a year, so pretty common in natals.

Jupiter rules your asc and is your chart ruler, as well as co ruling your sun. Jupiter and sun are in mutual reception, using traditional rulers.

I would be interested to know when your jupiter went direct by progression, as it would have affected the saturn opposition and the mercury trine, can you let us know when that was, if it has already happened?

How do you find jupiter to be operating in your life? What is your experience of 8th house issues?
I'm still a novice, so I don't know anything much about Progressions, how would you find that out?

As far as Jupiter operating in my life, um, I've gained a lot of 'good' from taxes, government. As for a sexually, I haven't got enough from that area of life, but as for shared resources, i've always been around people that share their resources with me.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-01-2013, 01:30 AM
milkywaygirl milkywaygirl is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 439
Re: Jupiter In Eighth House Retrograde.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7401Rizey View Post
I'm still a novice, so I don't know anything much about Progressions, how would you find that out?

As far as Jupiter operating in my life, um, I've gained a lot of 'good' from taxes, government. As for a sexually, I haven't got enough from that area of life, but as for shared resources, i've always been around people that share their resources with me.
You can create a progressed chart on astro.com, it's one of the options, its default is to create a progressed chart for the current day, but you can create one for any date.

Or you can go oldschool and check an ephemeris (which is handy if you just want to check one planet):

http://www.astro.com/swisseph/swepha_e.htm

The way progressions work is you count a year for each day after your dob. So say your birthday is on feb 1 2000 and you want to look at your progressed chart for when you were 10 years old, you would look at the ephemeris on feb 11 2000 and the positions of the planets on that day are your progressions for 10 yrs old.

I would suggest drawing up the progressed chart on astro.com, and then checking the ephemeris to see exactly when jupiter went direct, or will go direct. Important things to note on a progressed chart is the years when planets go direct or rx, when they change signs, or houses.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-02-2013, 01:15 AM
may28gemini
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Jupiter In Eighth House Retrograde.

I think retrogrades function differently depending on the category of personal (Mercury, Venus, Mars), social (Jupiter and Saturn) and universal planets (Uranus, Neptune, Pluto). The personal planets are more specific and I think those who have retrogrades in personal planets have more of a conscious opportunity to resolve the issues that goes with it (more control).

As for the social and universal planets being in retrograde, that's a bit more slippery to resolve. Having Jupiter Rx, one would be more inclined to find ideological comfort and "luck" within themselves rather than the external/social world. Having Jupiter tucked away in 8th house, I would imagine that sort of energy would manifest in a self-righteous sort of way, "I don't need this to survive... I have my dignity/respect/etc." sort of thinking. Perhaps such a person with this particular placement don't "value" the material world as much as the spiritual world.

I have a friend with Jupiter Rx and she's really smug saying that people who are into the material world are lacking in "true riches." She somehow thinks that those who have "internal" wealth are truly wealthy, even if they are poor in the material world. Furthermore, she's even stated numerous times that those who have a lot of material wealth much have sold their souls. She also has Pisces Mars inconjunct Jupiter.

Last edited by may28gemini; 05-02-2013 at 01:30 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-02-2013, 08:47 AM
7401Rizey 7401Rizey is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 111
Re: Jupiter In Eighth House Retrograde.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkywaygirl View Post
You can create a progressed chart on astro.com, it's one of the options, its default is to create a progressed chart for the current day, but you can create one for any date.

Or you can go oldschool and check an ephemeris (which is handy if you just want to check one planet):

http://www.astro.com/swisseph/swepha_e.htm

The way progressions work is you count a year for each day after your dob. So say your birthday is on feb 1 2000 and you want to look at your progressed chart for when you were 10 years old, you would look at the ephemeris on feb 11 2000 and the positions of the planets on that day are your progressions for 10 yrs old.

I would suggest drawing up the progressed chart on astro.com, and then checking the ephemeris to see exactly when jupiter went direct, or will go direct. Important things to note on a progressed chart is the years when planets go direct or rx, when they change signs, or houses.

This is my progressed chart
http://www.astro.com/tmpd/c8lsfileun...3390.gif?44796
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-02-2013, 08:57 AM
7401Rizey 7401Rizey is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 111
Re: Jupiter In Eighth House Retrograde.

Quote:
Originally Posted by may28gemini View Post
I think retrogrades function differently depending on the category of personal (Mercury, Venus, Mars), social (Jupiter and Saturn) and universal planets (Uranus, Neptune, Pluto). The personal planets are more specific and I think those who have retrogrades in personal planets have more of a conscious opportunity to resolve the issues that goes with it (more control).

As for the social and universal planets being in retrograde, that's a bit more slippery to resolve. Having Jupiter Rx, one would be more inclined to find ideological comfort and "luck" within themselves rather than the external/social world. Having Jupiter tucked away in 8th house, I would imagine that sort of energy would manifest in a self-righteous sort of way, "I don't need this to survive... I have my dignity/respect/etc." sort of thinking. Perhaps such a person with this particular placement don't "value" the material world as much as the spiritual world.

I have a friend with Jupiter Rx and she's really smug saying that people who are into the material world are lacking in "true riches." She somehow thinks that those who have "internal" wealth are truly wealthy, even if they are poor in the material world. Furthermore, she's even stated numerous times that those who have a lot of material wealth much have sold their souls. She also has Pisces Mars inconjunct Jupiter.
I can relate to your friend. I don't usually find joy in the material world, all the time. I like to strengthen my character by giving/helping others when I'm able to. I'm majorly influenced by my subconscious, even when i'm not fully aware of it. With having such a position, I've gone through many "transformations".. and the majority of the time, it's not only my appearance, but because of how I see life, I've begun to understand, and realize how people operate, and how things unfold, even before they happen. A lot of people have actually shared a lot of things with me, even strangers too.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-02-2013, 10:13 PM
milkywaygirl milkywaygirl is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 439
Re: Jupiter In Eighth House Retrograde.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7401Rizey View Post
I can relate to your friend. I don't usually find joy in the material world, all the time. I like to strengthen my character by giving/helping others when I'm able to. I'm majorly influenced by my subconscious, even when i'm not fully aware of it. With having such a position, I've gone through many "transformations".. and the majority of the time, it's not only my appearance, but because of how I see life, I've begun to understand, and realize how people operate, and how things unfold, even before they happen. A lot of people have actually shared a lot of things with me, even strangers too.
This sounds more like your pisces sun. I'm very similar in this regard and have pisces sun as well. Your progressed chart is expired. Try right click-saving it and uploading as an attachment.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-03-2013, 05:58 AM
7401Rizey 7401Rizey is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 111
Re: Jupiter In Eighth House Retrograde.

My Progressed Chart
Attached Images
File Type: jpg astrorizey.jpg (88.1 KB, 2 views)
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-03-2013, 08:08 AM
may28gemini
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Jupiter In Eighth House Retrograde.

My particular friend with the Jupiter Rx, I attribute her Piscean detachment from the material world to (mainly) Pisces Mars and Pisces Mercury Rx. Her mother is a Pisces Sun and they clash hardcore. Her mother is actually quite material and also has Jupiter Rx, but she is "of this world." It that could be her Cap Mars kicking in.

I don't think Jupiter Rx is enough to make someone really withdraw/detach themselves from material "wealth." I mean, I think it does give a foundation but I think the Mars has something to do with the mixture.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
7401Rizey (05-03-2013)
  #17  
Old 05-03-2013, 08:24 AM
7401Rizey 7401Rizey is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 111
Re: Jupiter In Eighth House Retrograde.

Quote:
Originally Posted by may28gemini View Post
My particular friend with the Jupiter Rx, I attribute her Piscean detachment from the material world to (mainly) Pisces Mars and Pisces Mercury Rx. Her mother is a Pisces Sun and they clash hardcore. Her mother is actually quite material and also has Jupiter Rx, but she is "of this world." It that could be her Cap Mars kicking in.

I don't think Jupiter Rx is enough to make someone really withdraw/detach themselves from material "wealth." I mean, I think it does give a foundation but I think the Mars has something to do with the mixture.

I think so too, because that Cap Mars would make the mother care more about material wealth much more so than a Pisces Mars, which makes sense. My Mars is in Gemini, I'm so flighty, and kind of superficial when it comes to interests and hobbies and even jobs.

It's weird that my Jupiter is placed in Leo, but it's in Retrograde. Giving so much of myself and my time gave me some sense of security, not in a way where I felt like I needed someone to depend on me, but in a way where it gave me great satisfaction that I'm able to help, and have my help appreciated.

Cap Mars are such hard workers too, I think their probably the most hard-working people in the World... Is there any aspects that would have any similar traits as a Cap Mars. One of my aunts have that placement, and even I go on family vacations, she's the one that keeps everything in place, and keeps everything together.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-03-2013, 10:44 AM
may28gemini
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Jupiter In Eighth House Retrograde.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7401Rizey View Post
I think so too, because that Cap Mars would make the mother care more about material wealth much more so than a Pisces Mars, which makes sense. My Mars is in Gemini, I'm so flighty, and kind of superficial when it comes to interests and hobbies and even jobs.

It's weird that my Jupiter is placed in Leo, but it's in Retrograde. Giving so much of myself and my time gave me some sense of security, not in a way where I felt like I needed someone to depend on me, but in a way where it gave me great satisfaction that I'm able to help, and have my help appreciated.

Cap Mars are such hard workers too, I think their probably the most hard-working people in the World... Is there any aspects that would have any similar traits as a Cap Mars. One of my aunts have that placement, and even I go on family vacations, she's the one that keeps everything in place, and keeps everything together.
With Leo, there's a sense of generosity and warmth that gets spread about. You wouldn't go around helping others out, if you didn't get anything out of it (in this case, it's fulfilling your ego/self-validation/feeling good).

My friend has Libra Jupiter Rx and it's in the 5th house... she's totally into self expression and the arts (Pisces Mars) but she does it to feed her own ego and feels accomplished. Her way of feeling wealthy is that she likes teaching others to make stuff (artistic projects). She was once a tutor for art students. She gardens and really likes it when I come around and help her.

The main problem I see with Jupiter Rx people (no matter what the sign is), they seem to have difficulties with negotiation a high price for themselves. My Libra Jupiter Rx friend (same one) for whatever reason is always super scared to negotiate a higher salary, yet has no problems talking people down in price (she loves haggling with vendors LOL). Same with my Sagittarius Jupiter Rx lawyer friend (he has Gemini Mars)... he can argue and be a complete @ss in court fighting for his clients to get a higher price. But when it came to him and his price, he's ok with getting the short end of the stick! Oh man...

As for the Cap Mars thing... yes, it's earth Mars so you know those people are comfortable with the concrete material world. I like Cap Mars people a lot, they're usually really rational and sound people. I don't necessarily agree with them being the most hard working, as this position means that the native finds comfort and security in work so it's a given. What may seem to be "hard working" to outsiders is actually Cap Mars' hobby/fulfilling their productive egos. Contrary to widely accepted beliefs that they're materialistic- I would argue that they're not. I think they're very ambitious but Capricorn isn't so much into money and material things as they are about status. The reason why Cap Mars works so hard in the first place is to gain power and/through status. Money is and can be just an added bonus. I've encountered a lot of Cap Mars people, with Jupiter Rx too, and they're all about achieving higher levels of everything. To them, it's NOT about the money.

The Mars that is the most materialistic would be Taurus. I mean, that's an earth energy that loves material things and into money but they don't care about status (that's Capricorn's thing).

I have 1st house 0 Libra Jupiter (direct) that trines 8th house 25 Taurus Mars. Take a very material oriented Jupiter and pair that up with the most materialistic Mars- you'd get someone that's like me LOL
I'm not a gold digger, but I love money, material comforts, luxury stuff, beautiful pretty expensive things, etc. I'm not against gold diggers, I actually sympathize with them. I have a few friends who are actual gold diggers and we love fabulous things. I actually tell them how to get more and better stuff out of the men they're with. You would think I have a strong astrological influence that would "bless" me to being a gold digger but I can't stand the thought of being that way. However, I am very good at creating material wealth out of "nowhere."

Let's go back to my Libra Jupiter Rx friend... she was writing up a job proposal and listed how much she wanted to make. Horrible negotiator and really bad writer (Pisces Mercury Rx). She listed a price range as far as how much she wanted to make. She's been a freelancer for 6 years and she still goofs up. She asked me to edit her proposal (which was a complete nightmare) and I ended up rewriting her proposal and negotiated her salary for the job to be $700 more per month than her highest suggested salary. She was shocked that the people actually approved everything! I wasn't.

Now, my friend thanked me for getting her a job and higher pay so she asked the people to get me a small contract job. The problem was, she negotiated for me (without telling me) my price and so I ended up getting paid $300 less/per check than what I wanted to get paid. GGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRR I was really angry at her.

Jupiter Rx people don't seem to mind not getting paid so much, but someone like me... we get super angry about that!!! My lesson learned is that I will NEVER ever let anyone with Jupiter Rx or debilitated Jupiter ever touch my money situation.

Last edited by may28gemini; 05-03-2013 at 10:49 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-03-2013, 12:10 PM
7401Rizey 7401Rizey is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 111
Re: Jupiter In Eighth House Retrograde.

Quote:
Originally Posted by may28gemini View Post
With Leo, there's a sense of generosity and warmth that gets spread about. You wouldn't go around helping others out, if you didn't get anything out of it (in this case, it's fulfilling your ego/self-validation/feeling good).

My friend has Libra Jupiter Rx and it's in the 5th house... she's totally into self expression and the arts (Pisces Mars) but she does it to feed her own ego and feels accomplished. Her way of feeling wealthy is that she likes teaching others to make stuff (artistic projects). She was once a tutor for art students. She gardens and really likes it when I come around and help her.

The main problem I see with Jupiter Rx people (no matter what the sign is), they seem to have difficulties with negotiation a high price for themselves. My Libra Jupiter Rx friend (same one) for whatever reason is always super scared to negotiate a higher salary, yet has no problems talking people down in price (she loves haggling with vendors LOL). Same with my Sagittarius Jupiter Rx lawyer friend (he has Gemini Mars)... he can argue and be a complete @ss in court fighting for his clients to get a higher price. But when it came to him and his price, he's ok with getting the short end of the stick! Oh man...

As for the Cap Mars thing... yes, it's earth Mars so you know those people are comfortable with the concrete material world. I like Cap Mars people a lot, they're usually really rational and sound people. I don't necessarily agree with them being the most hard working, as this position means that the native finds comfort and security in work so it's a given. What may seem to be "hard working" to outsiders is actually Cap Mars' hobby/fulfilling their productive egos. Contrary to widely accepted beliefs that they're materialistic- I would argue that they're not. I think they're very ambitious but Capricorn isn't so much into money and material things as they are about status. The reason why Cap Mars works so hard in the first place is to gain power and/through status. Money is and can be just an added bonus. I've encountered a lot of Cap Mars people, with Jupiter Rx too, and they're all about achieving higher levels of everything. To them, it's NOT about the money.

The Mars that is the most materialistic would be Taurus. I mean, that's an earth energy that loves material things and into money but they don't care about status (that's Capricorn's thing).

I have 1st house 0 Libra Jupiter (direct) that trines 8th house 25 Taurus Mars. Take a very material oriented Jupiter and pair that up with the most materialistic Mars- you'd get someone that's like me LOL
I'm not a gold digger, but I love money, material comforts, luxury stuff, beautiful pretty expensive things, etc. I'm not against gold diggers, I actually sympathize with them. I have a few friends who are actual gold diggers and we love fabulous things. I actually tell them how to get more and better stuff out of the men they're with. You would think I have a strong astrological influence that would "bless" me to being a gold digger but I can't stand the thought of being that way. However, I am very good at creating material wealth out of "nowhere."

Let's go back to my Libra Jupiter Rx friend... she was writing up a job proposal and listed how much she wanted to make. Horrible negotiator and really bad writer (Pisces Mercury Rx). She listed a price range as far as how much she wanted to make. She's been a freelancer for 6 years and she still goofs up. She asked me to edit her proposal (which was a complete nightmare) and I ended up rewriting her proposal and negotiated her salary for the job to be $700 more per month than her highest suggested salary. She was shocked that the people actually approved everything! I wasn't.

Now, my friend thanked me for getting her a job and higher pay so she asked the people to get me a small contract job. The problem was, she negotiated for me (without telling me) my price and so I ended up getting paid $300 less/per check than what I wanted to get paid. GGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRR I was really angry at her.

Jupiter Rx people don't seem to mind not getting paid so much, but someone like me... we get super angry about that!!! My lesson learned is that I will NEVER ever let anyone with Jupiter Rx or debilitated Jupiter ever touch my money situation.
I can totally understand what you're talking about when it comes to Jupiter Rx people not negotiating a higher price for themselves. I've done something in the past (artistic) for someone and I low-balled myself in price. Just like your friend, I was also hesitant in giving a worthy price, even though the first thought I had in mind was to give a reasonable price, I ending up going way lower than what it's actually worth.

Its like the Rx, hinders Jupiter's expansion. What can a person do to help that themselves, if they have a Jupiter Rx.

Yes, I almost forgot Cap is the sign of Prestige, but I mean, wouldn't you say, they are hard-working people because of what they want to achieve? I understand that they are fulfilling their productive egos, and they probably enjoying doing it, and since Caps feel the most comfortable in a work situation. See to me, it looks like those are the type of people that would live to work, instead of working to live, and with that type of drive, Their ambition for status is there to support their need to work, and it makes sense, because they would want to reap the benefits of how much they spend on working.

That's funny about your friend, taking it upon herself to handle your money situation, not because you ending up making less than her, but because, it's sort of ironic, how we're talking about Jupiter Rx... but in the Eighth House. For me, I actually take really good care of other people's resources, not to say that you should trust me with your money situation or anything like that, I understand why you wouldn't. I've actually handled other people's money, very well. I mean, I don't know why such individuals would trust me with their money, but sometimes I do end up being situations where I had to handle other people's transactions.

But it to me, it seems like a weird combination to have (Jupiter, Leo, Retrograde, Eight House) Or maybe I'm saying that because it's my chart and I know, we all have something in our chart that we're not to fond about. It's not that I'm too fond about it, I just don't how to make sense of it, or how to really exercise the potential that it can give? Even though it's in Rx.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-03-2013, 12:51 PM
may28gemini
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Jupiter In Eighth House Retrograde.

OH man... she doesn't have anything in her 8th house (which is fine) but she really goofed up me up on money. She isn't a swindler, I mean she's honest, but she's a total goof with money and somehow she blows through money and racks up tickets (UGH).

For awhile, we've seriously considered starting an advertising firm together... but I would have to manage all the finances (which I'm good at) and I would have to do all the money negotiation (which I'm good at too) but at the same time I was thinking, what if she does something to goof up the money and I cannot trust her with money?! The other thing is, I would have to do all the writing in addition to handling financial logistics and that would zap me out. It ended up where she moved across the country (due to money issues) and so we never launched our little business together. I'm kinda glad that happened (even though I'm sad a friend moved far away from me).

My 8th house is pretty strong. I think that anyone with Jupiter in the 8th (retrograde or not) are going to be concerned about material resources. My friend somehow just attracts BAD money issues (racks up traffic tickets-from bad luck not from neglect, her bank accounts drained from bills, etc.). The problem with my friend is NOT only her Jupiter Rx, but she has 5 retrogrades. Mercury is responsible for communication and commerce. My Mercury is golden because it's in Gemini. Her's is busted in Pisces Rx. As a friend, she's top notch. As a business partner, I would not seriously consider her. I'd be afraid she'd make the business sink (not on purpose but inadvertently).

The bad part about Jupiter is that it goes retrograde like what? 40% of the year? eeekkk! That means approximately 2/5 people have Jupiter retrograde which is actually a high percentage.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 05-03-2013, 01:02 PM
7401Rizey 7401Rizey is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 111
Re: Jupiter In Eighth House Retrograde.

Quote:
Originally Posted by may28gemini View Post
OH man... she doesn't have anything in her 8th house (which is fine) but she really goofed up me up on money. She isn't a swindler, I mean she's honest, but she's a total goof with money and somehow she blows through money and racks up tickets (UGH).

For awhile, we've seriously considered starting an advertising firm together... but I would have to manage all the finances (which I'm good at) and I would have to do all the money negotiation (which I'm good at too) but at the same time I was thinking, what if she does something to goof up the money and I cannot trust her with money?! The other thing is, I would have to do all the writing in addition to handling financial logistics and that would zap me out. It ended up where she moved across the country (due to money issues) and so we never launched our little business together. I'm kinda glad that happened (even though I'm sad a friend moved far away from me).

My 8th house is pretty strong. I think that anyone with Jupiter in the 8th (retrograde or not) are going to be concerned about material resources. My friend somehow just attracts BAD money issues (racks up traffic tickets-from bad luck not from neglect, her bank accounts drained from bills, etc.). The problem with my friend is NOT only her Jupiter Rx, but she has 5 retrogrades. Mercury is responsible for communication and commerce. My Mercury is golden because it's in Gemini. Her's is busted in Pisces Rx. As a friend, she's top notch. As a business partner, I would not seriously consider her. I'd be afraid she'd make the business sink (not on purpose but inadvertently).

The bad part about Jupiter is that it goes retrograde like what? 40% of the year? eeekkk! That means approximately 2/5 people have Jupiter retrograde which is actually a high percentage.
Woah. That's a huge percentage. I agree with the people that have jupiter in 8th are concerned with material resources. They can be really resourceful. But since 8th House is also about joint assets, and faniciances, would someone with an Eight House in Jup, do well in business partnership, excluding other factors in the chart.. Like in general?
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-03-2013, 01:25 PM
may28gemini
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Jupiter In Eighth House Retrograde.

I honestly can't really answer if Jupiter in 8th would do well in business ventures/partnerships... I mean, I would think they would do ok in general. The thing is... 8th house is hard to tap in because it is intuitive and unconscious. It energy that's deeply rooted.

I have Mars in the 8th and to be honest, that is the hardest energy for me to tap in. It's not until fairly recently, after my Saturn's return, that I learned to consciously manipulate my Mars. Before that, I couldn't be pushed/bothered to do anything that I didn't want to but I would just do random (and productive) things out of the blue without even thinking about it.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-04-2013, 01:02 AM
7401Rizey 7401Rizey is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 111
Re: Jupiter In Eighth House Retrograde.

Yeah, I understand what you're saying. I guess, if you're more consciously aware of how to use the planet's energies, then you're able to use it your advantage. Maybe that's what I need to do with Jupiter Rx...
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-04-2013, 02:25 AM
may28gemini
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Jupiter In Eighth House Retrograde.

That's probably why you have a hard time consciously understanding your Jupiter.

I don't have any fire except for Sagittarius Neptune and it's in my 3rd house so it's quite active. I wouldn't know how to really manipulate fire (I'm virtually all air), especially in the 8th. When you figure it out (may take years), come back and tell us how you've managed it. I like reading about if and how people resolve their astrological difficulties.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
eighth, house, jupiter, retrograde

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 03:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2014, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.