Urine Powers Electricity Generator Built By 4 Teen Nigerian Schoolgirls

JUPITERASC

“...We came up with the idea sometime around September 2012 and we completed it in October 2012... 6 litres of urine can power a generator for 36 hours while I litre powers it for 6 hours. In our electrolytic cell, we have 6 litres capacity which can work for 36 hours. But it needs regular topping of urine because the urea will be getting more concentrated over time. So when you use one litre for six hours, it needs to be topped up. You don’t need to pour it out, just to top it...”

Although some are claiming that the idea is not original, their project supervisor, Oluseyi Lawal, disagrees :smile:

QUOTE:

“...It is a new concept entirely. What others have tried to do was to electrolyze urine but so far they have not been able to successfully perfect the system. Not only have we generated enough gases, we have been able to use it to power a generator. You can cross check all these facts from the internet. The idea of using gases from urine to power a generator was entirely ours....” http://www.bellanaija.com/2012/11/2...irls-who-developed-a-urine-powered-generator/

princess valhalla

LOL! For some reason this made me think of some show on HBO, years ago, where they were showing all these weird, freaky foreign shows that come on their regular cable. There was some Japanese game show where these girls competed to light a light bulb by urinating on these downward maze things that flowed down. The commentators kept saying, "Oh! She has good p*ss power!" Lolzzz It was funny yet creepy at the same time.

JUPITERASC

LOL! For some reason this made me think of some show on HBO, years ago, where they were showing all these weird, freaky foreign shows that come on their regular cable. There was some Japanese game show where these girls competed to light a light bulb by urinating on these downward maze things that flowed down. The commentators kept saying, "Oh! She has good p*ss power!" Lolzzz It was funny yet creepy at the same time.
Seems an amusing story princess valhalla, I agree :smile: HOWEVER it is also a neat solution to providing cheap electrical energy to so-called "3rd world".... way things are going, West may also be advised to check out the idea as well