Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Welcome! > Read My Chart

Read My Chart If you want to have your astrological chart read and do not post an astrological interpretation along with your chart request, your postings go here. No one is required to read any chart request and it is greatly appreciated if people who have chart requests acknowledge those who were kind enough to answer their request. If you want an astrological chart reading using the Vedic method (square astrological charts), your postings go in the Vedic Astrology forum."Read My Chart" type postings found in the rest of the forum will be moved here.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-02-2012, 02:32 PM
SunsetDown SunsetDown is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 5
Red face To many planets in 8th house,bad ?

Hi Im new to this forum

well I have been interested in astrology for over a year now and I have also looked at my birth chart but its hard for me to read it.
I have noticed that I have 5 of my planets in 8th house ( sun,Mercury,mars,Uranus and Neptune ) so does it mean that I have some scorpio traits?
Also besides chiron/North Node ( in Libra ) my planets are falling in either Saggitarius,Capricorn,Aquarius and pisces.
So my question is what of this signs has the strongest influence on me?

Sorry if Im confusing , but Im really interested to know more about my birth chart


Last edited by SunsetDown; 05-06-2012 at 03:42 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-02-2012, 04:24 PM
IleneK's Avatar
IleneK IleneK is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: in this mysterious cosmos
Posts: 2,001
Re: To many planets in 8th house,bad ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetDown View Post
Hi Im new to this forum

well I have been interested in astrology for over a year now and I have also looked at my birth chart but its hard for me to read it.
I have noticed that I have 5 of my planets in 8th house ( sun,Mercury,mars,Uranus and Neptune ) so does it mean that I have some scorpio traits?
Also besides chiron/North Node ( in Libra ) my planets are falling in either Saggitarius,Capricorn,Aquarius and pisces.
So my question is what of this signs has the strongest influence on me?

Sorry if Im confusing , but Im really interested to know more about my birth chart
Hello, SunsetDown.

I think some of the greater influences in your chart are all the planets skewed to the right [west] side and your Sun-Mercury-Neptune conjunction. All planets in the west suggests that you are very much oriented toward others, without regard for yourself. So self-awareness is something that you will want and need to work towards, in order to create greater balance in your inner and outer life.

Neptune on your Sun and Mercury may keep you from seeing others clearly. Rather you likely idealize them, perhaps only to be disappointed. It also may impede your ability to see yourself clearly, too. Then exalted Venus in Pisces, ruled by your natal Neptune, contributes to this dynamic of embracing the Other without really knowing well who they are. So this would be a key point illustrated by your natal chart.

I prefer to the Whole Sign house system. When it is used in your chart, you have four planets in the 7th house in Capricorn and then two in Aquarius in the 8th. The four planets in Capricorn I think are most influential and restate the necessity of the life lessons that you are called to learn regarding wholeness and integrity [towards yourself] when in a relationship.

PS No need to apologize for feeling confused. We all are :-) and Neptune on the Sun may really heighten that feeling at times.
__________________
Ilene

"We are the ancient universe standing on two legs looking up at the starry sky in awe, and wondering."
---greybeard [with his permission]

"You gotta have heart..."Richard Adler 1921-2012

Last edited by IleneK; 05-02-2012 at 04:30 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-03-2012, 05:18 AM
SunsetDown SunsetDown is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 5
Re: To many planets in 8th house,bad ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IleneK View Post
Hello, SunsetDown.

I think some of the greater influences in your chart are all the planets skewed to the right [west] side and your Sun-Mercury-Neptune conjunction. All planets in the west suggests that you are very much oriented toward others, without regard for yourself. So self-awareness is something that you will want and need to work towards, in order to create greater balance in your inner and outer life.

Neptune on your Sun and Mercury may keep you from seeing others clearly. Rather you likely idealize them, perhaps only to be disappointed. It also may impede your ability to see yourself clearly, too. Then exalted Venus in Pisces, ruled by your natal Neptune, contributes to this dynamic of embracing the Other without really knowing well who they are. So this would be a key point illustrated by your natal chart.

I prefer to the Whole Sign house system. When it is used in your chart, you have four planets in the 7th house in Capricorn and then two in Aquarius in the 8th. The four planets in Capricorn I think are most influential and restate the necessity of the life lessons that you are called to learn regarding wholeness and integrity [towards yourself] when in a relationship.

PS No need to apologize for feeling confused. We all are :-) and Neptune on the Sun may really heighten that feeling at times.
wow this actually describes me Thank you! I hope I can read natal charts like you some day. I have been thinking about me seeing not clearly sometimes. Looks like Im a confused capricorn.
Also if you don't mind I have several questions , but I will ask you one question at time.
My first question is something that has always bothered me actually.
Why is it hard for me to make really close friends? I have always changed friends ,like every year and I don't know why. My supposed friends either hurt me badly and I leave them or they leave me for someone else.
I have blamed my moon sign becouse it changes every two years ( I think ) But now I know its not true. Maybe its me who don't see them clearly.
If you answer this Thank you so much , it means alot to me.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-03-2012, 01:55 PM
IleneK's Avatar
IleneK IleneK is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: in this mysterious cosmos
Posts: 2,001
Re: To many planets in 8th house,bad ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetDown View Post
wow this actually describes me Thank you! I hope I can read natal charts like you some day. <...>
My first question is something that has always bothered me actually.
Why is it hard for me to make really close friends? I have always changed friends ,like every year and I don't know why. My supposed friends either hurt me badly and I leave them or they leave me for someone else.
I have blamed my moon sign becouse it changes every two years ( I think ) But now I know its not true. Maybe its me who don't see them clearly.
If you answer this Thank you so much , it means alot to me.
Hi, SD.

I think this such a good and matured question for one of such tender years, so you can be proud of yourself for having the clarity of mind [also a gift of Neptune in its highest form] for having observed and thought about this important life pattern.

Friendship, a special kind of relationship, is associated with the 11th house. Your 11th house is in the sign of Taurus, which is ruled by your natal Venus in Pisces.

So we look to Venus' condition to understand more about friendship in your life. As mentioned earlier, it is exalted in the sign of Pisces, so there is a grace and openness that you inherently bring to friendship. Venus is in close, easy aspect to expansive Jupiter, so Venus' qualities are enlarged or amplified. Looking more closely, we see that Jupiter is not only in aspect to Venus, but also is its ancient ruler. [Neptune is its modern ruler, so your Sun-Neptune is connected to this as well].

But let's return to Venus and Jupiter. Looking more closely at Jupiter, because if its double influence on Venus, we see it is in the sign of Capricorn. Capricorn is connected with many concepts like stability, but some other concepts that are relevant here may be restriction or scarcity or limitation. So there is an element of loss or restriction in friendship that Jupiter in Capricorn may bring.

Now, you talk about two ways that friendship might end. The first might be about what causes a friend to lash out at you, to "hurt [you] really badly." This may be connected with natal Pluto's challenging aspect to Venus. Sometimes when our Venuses are connected with Pluto, there is sense of manipulation or force that the other person may perceive coming from you. Or it can just seem like you are intimidating in some way. It really hard to know how your particular friends may have perceived it without seeing their charts, but this is one possibility. Another, more subtle expression of this energy is that you might attract people who want to manipulate or overpower you. In these special instances, there can be blow-ups where ugly, hurtful things are said. And it may be best that those friendships cease.

However, the gaining and loss of friendship, like dating a number of people before you find the right one, is a normal part of our early years as we explore and grow to understand other people. It is a culling process that brings us to genuine friends and others of value in our lives. So a part of these episodes are to be expected. It may not make the loss any easier, but it is an important life lesson about loss.

The last thing I want to suggest is that an important, perhaps the most important, place to look when there is a falling out is to yourself. When two people are in a disagreement, it is almost always true that both of them are responsible in some part for the falling out. There is no innocent party and guilty party. Both are parties to the misunderstanding or argument. So it is important to look closely to yourself, to try to understand your part in the problem. And that can take time to learn to do. But it is one of the most valuable life tools that I have acquired [and at a much later age than you! :-) ]. And that is to look to myself for the problems before me, in a healthy, compassionate, forgiving way, with the aspiration to bring greater self-awareness to all my interactions. I am wishing this for you as well.

PS You are correct that your secondary progressed Moon changes every two and a half years.
__________________
Ilene

"We are the ancient universe standing on two legs looking up at the starry sky in awe, and wondering."
---greybeard [with his permission]

"You gotta have heart..."Richard Adler 1921-2012

Last edited by IleneK; 05-03-2012 at 06:08 PM. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-05-2012, 12:19 PM
SunsetDown SunsetDown is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 5
Red face Re: To many planets in 8th house,bad ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IleneK View Post
Hi, SD.

I think this such a good and matured question for one of such tender years, so you can be proud of yourself for having the clarity of mind [also a gift of Neptune in its highest form] for having observed and thought about this important life pattern.

Friendship, a special kind of relationship, is associated with the 11th house. Your 11th house is in the sign of Taurus, which is ruled by your natal Venus in Pisces.

So we look to Venus' condition to understand more about friendship in your life. As mentioned earlier, it is exalted in the sign of Pisces, so there is a grace and openness that you inherently bring to friendship. Venus is in close, easy aspect to expansive Jupiter, so Venus' qualities are enlarged or amplified. Looking more closely, we see that Jupiter is not only in aspect to Venus, but also is its ancient ruler. [Neptune is its modern ruler, so your Sun-Neptune is connected to this as well].

But let's return to Venus and Jupiter. Looking more closely at Jupiter, because if its double influence on Venus, we see it is in the sign of Capricorn. Capricorn is connected with many concepts like stability, but some other concepts that are relevant here may be restriction or scarcity or limitation. So there is an element of loss or restriction in friendship that Jupiter in Capricorn may bring.

Now, you talk about two ways that friendship might end. The first might be about what causes a friend to lash out at you, to "hurt [you] really badly." This may be connected with natal Pluto's challenging aspect to Venus. Sometimes when our Venuses are connected with Pluto, there is sense of manipulation or force that the other person may perceive coming from you. Or it can just seem like you are intimidating in some way. It really hard to know how your particular friends may have perceived it without seeing their charts, but this is one possibility. Another, more subtle expression of this energy is that you might attract people who want to manipulate or overpower you. In these special instances, there can be blow-ups where ugly, hurtful things are said. And it may be best that those friendships cease.

However, the gaining and loss of friendship, like dating a number of people before you find the right one, is a normal part of our early years as we explore and grow to understand other people. It is a culling process that brings us to genuine friends and others of value in our lives. So a part of these episodes are to be expected. It may not make the loss any easier, but it is an important life lesson about loss.

The last thing I want to suggest is that an important, perhaps the most important, place to look when there is a falling out is to yourself. When two people are in a disagreement, it is almost always true that both of them are responsible in some part for the falling out. There is no innocent party and guilty party. Both are parties to the misunderstanding or argument. So it is important to look closely to yourself, to try to understand your part in the problem. And that can take time to learn to do. But it is one of the most valuable life tools that I have acquired [and at a much later age than you! :-) ]. And that is to look to myself for the problems before me, in a healthy, compassionate, forgiving way, with the aspiration to bring greater self-awareness to all my interactions. I am wishing this for you as well.

PS You are correct that your secondary progressed Moon changes every two and a half years.

Thank you for this insight and some of the things you wrote is true. I have a habit of attracting people who want to control me. But the thing is I dont like to be controlled it make's me feel uncomfortable. That's when I and the person start to have a disagreement
Also Thank your for the personal advice , I will use that next time I have a problem
I hope you dont mind me asking my next question. Its the most important question I have to ever ask. I want to know what career/s would suit me.
Well I need to know right now becouse next year we need to choose what subjects to take and Im lost
I was thinking of being either doctor or a lawyer ( but Im still not sure). But Im afraid that Im not smart enough. I mean I have good grades in school. But this year for the 100th time Im starting to doubt myself. What if Im not good enough? So what do you think ?
Thank you for your advice . Sorry for the late reply by the way. I have not been on computer this past days.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-05-2012, 01:18 PM
IleneK's Avatar
IleneK IleneK is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: in this mysterious cosmos
Posts: 2,001
Re: To many planets in 8th house,bad ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetDown View Post
<...>
I hope you dont mind me asking my next question. Its the most important question I have to ever ask. I want to know what career/s would suit me.
Well I need to know right now becouse next year we need to choose what subjects to take and Im lost
I was thinking of being either doctor or a lawyer ( but Im still not sure). But Im afraid that Im not smart enough. I mean I have good grades in school. But this year for the 100th time Im starting to doubt myself. What if Im not good enough? So what do you think ?
....
First of all, it seems quite clear that you are good enough. Self-doubt, particularly are your age, is a common problem, and quite often unjustified. In this matter, I think it is in your best interest to try to put it aside, since it will only cloud your thinking and undermine your efforts. And with your strong Capricorn, you are capable of employing great effort to pursue your goals.

I think you have a very good mind. Mercury in Capricorn can work hard, and with it positioned right next to strong Uranus in Aquarius, you are capable of extraordinary flashes of insight. This contact, in addition to Mercury's sextile from Pluto, will allow you to dig deep, and to research and discover the meaning of what you are studying. You may also bring new ideas to your field of interest. So, it feels to me that there is no question that you are quite bright enough.

Now, as you what field might be suitable? The 6th house, thought by some to be connected to the sign of Virgo, is the house of physicians. With your natal Moon in Sagittarius there, following a profession associated with this house can give you what you need emotionally to feel secure. You also have a stellium of Aquarian planets in the 8th house, which is associated with surgery. Aries on the 10th house of career is also associated with surgery, and Pisces on your midheaven would bring compassion and empathy to whatever work you choose.

Now, this is not to say that for sure that you should be a surgeon, or even a medical doctor. I just think that proceeding in the curriculum of the natural sciences and in the direction of medicine could be a good fit for you career-wise. You will have to explore your interest in order to really know.

Coming back to your midheaven in Pisces, your career calling located in your 9th house, it is only fair to mention that the 9th is the house of law and lawyers. So I hope you will be able to perhaps explore a little bit of what law studies and practice might be like, perhaps not so much formally in school, but by researching it a bit. And also you would want to consider if you want to fight, to argue, for a living. You can do some really important advocacy work, but law is often about confrontation.

So here is what I would recommend. Using your Mercury-Uranus-Pluto, I think you would benefit greatly from trying to research what it would really mean to study medicine and to study law. Both are advanced degrees, so you could investigate what makes up pre-med and pre-law undergraduate curricula. But I would also encourage you to research what it means to be a doctor or a lawyer. There are biographies and fiction that could describe that for you, or you could make a verbal inquiry. Be creative in how you might try to undertake this task, knowing that whatever you do, you cannot do it wrong.

But also, I would recommend, if at all possible, that you might talk about this with an adult that you are close with, a parent, or a relative, or even a school counselor. And in the meantime, I am wishing you the very best.

PS I cannot convince you that you are good enough. Only you can do that. And a good way to do it is to undertake a small part of your goal, like the beginning classes, and do well, one class, one task, at a time. That way you will create an indisputable body of evidence for yourself that you are good enough. That is pretty much how it works to overcome self-doubt.
__________________
Ilene

"We are the ancient universe standing on two legs looking up at the starry sky in awe, and wondering."
---greybeard [with his permission]

"You gotta have heart..."Richard Adler 1921-2012

Last edited by IleneK; 09-15-2013 at 01:07 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-15-2013, 07:07 AM
SunsetDown SunsetDown is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 5
Re: Anything interesting about my chart?

Hello again I know it's a really late reply but I wanted to thank you really for your help .
I did take your advice about studying what it means to study medicine or law. I found that Law didn't really suit me well so I choose to study for being a doctor. I don't know really what type of doctor I want to be but I still have few more years to think So I did take the right classes. Last year I was nervous and scared because I thought I wouldn't get the classes I wanted because the competition was hard ( I think ) but I did get what I wanted in the end. I also followed your advice about talking with an adult about my future choices and well everything went pretty well.
So I'm sorry for not replying earlier and thank you for clearing up some of my doubts last year
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-15-2013, 01:11 PM
IleneK's Avatar
IleneK IleneK is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: in this mysterious cosmos
Posts: 2,001
Re: Anything interesting about my chart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetDown View Post
Hello again I know it's a really late reply but I wanted to thank you really for your help .
I did take your advice about studying what it means to study medicine or law. I found that Law didn't really suit me well so I choose to study for being a doctor. I don't know really what type of doctor I want to be but I still have few more years to think So I did take the right classes. Last year I was nervous and scared because I thought I wouldn't get the classes I wanted because the competition was hard ( I think ) but I did get what I wanted in the end. I also followed your advice about talking with an adult about my future choices and well everything went pretty well.
So I'm sorry for not replying earlier and thank you for clearing up some of my doubts last year
No apologies needed and you are so very welcome. I am just delighted to hear the choices you made and how they turned out.
Good work!
__________________
Ilene

"We are the ancient universe standing on two legs looking up at the starry sky in awe, and wondering."
---greybeard [with his permission]

"You gotta have heart..."Richard Adler 1921-2012

Last edited by IleneK; 09-15-2013 at 03:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
chart, interesting

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Very Interesting Chart (Kite with CactusLand Read My Chart 6 04-05-2012 06:56 PM
Can someone let me know of interesting things in my chart? Shepard Read My Chart 9 03-31-2012 05:48 PM
Mind-Bending Questions that have Paused Me to No Ends! SniperBomber328 Dignities & debilities 3 03-03-2012 02:50 PM
How to Read a Horary Chart: The Basics archergirl Education Board 3 06-12-2009 11:50 AM
Chart of an interesting little girl estrella Read My Chart 5 03-31-2009 08:37 AM



All times are GMT. The time now is 09:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2012, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.