What Makes Aquarius Better Than Pisces?

Rebel Uranian

What was the Age of Pisces about? Do we even know? We hardly even keep records back that far! I'm ready for the New Age as well, but what makes the Old Age so bad?

A slight problem with the Great Ages is that they go backwards. It's like taking Zodiac nesting dolls off. You go through an Age to get to the one before it. How this applies to reality, well, I don't have enough memory at this current second to tell. It just makes me think, man, soon Aquarius is going to have a bad reputation for 2600 years. Plus, Aquarius is an Air sign, not known for taking action as much as for talking.

P.S. If you want to know about higher-dimensional beings, read Flatland: A Romance of Many Dimensions (or just Flatland.)

Regulus Rising

We are used to the planets going about their normal direction throughout the zodiac in the typical seasonal calendar fashion (Aries, Taurus, Gemini, etc). However, the precession of the equinox must also be taken into consideration when doing astrological calculations. The scientific law of the precession states that for every 72 years the planet roughly tilts by ABOUT 1 degree. Since there are 30 degrees in a sign, this is how we determine the true length of an astrological age.. 72 x 30 = 2,160 years. The tricky part here is that the planet is tilting counter to what the direction of its ecliptic plane is... Think of it as what sign the earth's axis is pointing to equaling what age we are in.

As for the astrological effect, we see an extreme change in our world by the beginning of the Antiquarian age (December 21st, 2012-- as famously calculated by the Mayans). The age of Pisces was one in which secret and illusion dominated. Think about The American Dream. About government hiding secrets from its people. About people blindly following their leaders or their religions. Much information was hidden in this age.

However, in the Antiquarian age, all secrets are revealed. We see this through things like the internet and Julian Assange's WikiLeaks. Another obvious change is the fact that group orientation dominates over individual orientation-- meaning anything that creates opportunities to network in this next age will become the norm (Facebook, internet, United Nations). So if you want to become a millionaire anytime soon, think about how you could cut boundaries by creating networking possibilities!

In Esoteric thought, this age preludes the opportunity for society to move from individual consciousness into mass consciousness. Though oddly enough, we will not achieve what our souls desire to achieve (in terms of enlightenment, the divine plan, etc) until we then move again from mass consciousness into individual consciousness (which will happen in the Age of Capricorn or perhaps even before if we've made significant progress). This is a peculiar move, as it was between the Renaissance and Age of Enlightenment that humanity moved from group consciousness into individual consciousness. We have been in that consciousness ever since. Now that we are developed enough as individuals, we are now transcending back into a more advanced version of mass consciousness. Once we've achieved right human relations and cooperation with others, we will then make our last and final shift into individual consciousness and then there will be no more shifts after that.

Hope this answers your questions :)

Reg

Last edited:

Yuusha

That is a very good question.

The Age of Pisces had some notable features: belief played a central role in society, warrior classes lived by moral codes of some kind, people isolated themselves in monasteries and convents, people were persecuted for their beliefs, deceit existed...

So there were some good and bad things, but at the tail end of the Age of Pisces, I think people are realizing that they need something more real than belief in order to pull themselves together, people want to reach out to each other more and more (I think the internet prepared many people for the Age of Aquarius, but it's still a challenge for people to be able to depend on one another for survival because people don't always get along), and people are tired of deceit. Thus, a bad taste is left in the mouth...And people are ready for a new age.

However, not everything that happened in the last 2000 years resulted from the Age of Pisces: I think the patriarchy had more to do with Regulus in Leo than the Age of Pisces itself.

The Age of Aquarius is coinciding with Regulus in Virgo.

I think during the Age of Aquarius, reality will play a more central role in people's lives, there will be lots of innovation, people are going to need each other for survival, the opinions of the group will be valued more, humanitarian issues will be resolved on the real plane (not merely on the spiritual plane)...but there may be a lack of emotion during the Age of Aquarius.

Rebel Uranian

...but there may be a lack of emotion during the Age of Aquarius.

HALLELUJAH!

...But sersiously, I'm not going to miss them a bit.

P.S. You guys all know these are the constellations moving into Aries and they don't have anything to do with the Zodiac signs except that they share a name, right? I obviously didn't know that when I made that first post.

Last edited:

Yuusha

@Rebel Uranian

Aside from Uranus moving into Aries and giving humanity a boost of assertiveness and self-confidence for a decade or so, what other constellations are moving into Aries?

I realize that if we enter the Age of Aquarius without taking into account some important lessons from the Age of Pisces humanity will still be in a big mess. Striving for ideals is still relevant, some people occasionally need "me time" to take a deep breath, and human emotions (as challenging as they can be to deal with) are still important.

The idealism of Pisces is on the spiritual plane whereas the idealism of Aquarius is on the scientific and physical planes. What we should learn from the Age of Pisces is to make sure to combine ethics and science at all times because after all life-saving technology is much more worthy than destructive and self-destructive technology.

But hey, a better managed world with better human relations can lead to fewer negative emotions such as anger, jealousy, deep sorrow... ^^'' And there would be more room for joy.

On a lighter note, I've found a video of Raquel Welch singing "Age of Aquarius" with different astrological signs in Mexico. ^^
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APVw8323XOk

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

Aquarians represent progressive innovative thinking, prized genial intellect and the pursuit of science and individuality...over Piscean traits like strict conformity, religious dogmatism and emphasis on personal/private property conflicting with fellow Aquarius' social or community-orientated systems of equal contribution of wealth and humanist secular ideology.

In the age of Pisces - that is, limited to Medieval Europe from the fall of the Roman empire to lets say World War I, the church was central in civic, political and private life over anything really and royalty had to submit to clergy over multiple affairs, thus the Vatican ruled supreme over sovereign nation-states and kingdoms.

Ben

Banned
We finally get to keep the fish we catch, instead of having to feed others?:unsure:

picture.php

Last edited:

vasilis

We are actually 8,2 degrees away from the Aquarius age. Point "γ" gamma covers 1 degree every 72 years which makes (8,2X72=600) 600 more years in Pisces before we move to Aquarius.

Any conversation about the years of Aquarius is obviously premature. I can understand everybody's anxiety about the future but 600 years is a long time.

tokyo.lights

We finally get to keep the fish we catch, instead of having to feed others?:unsure:

picture.php
Hahaha what is going on in this picture?

Not sure about the topic...still don't understand why it's going backwards...shouldn't we be in the age of Aries? Anyway I refuse to believe any sign is better than Pisces:tongue: I love Aquarius/Uranus energy though.

CapAquaPis

Aquarius+Pisces relationships are thought the best positive sign/negative sign synastry, best explained in the new Youtube video I came across today. I dislike the idea of feminine as "negative" signs, due to genderial nature of signs, it's more of an elemental and seasonal sign difference, and fixed signs like Aquarius could relate well with mutables like Pisces. Check moon signs and rising signs for additional information in the issue regarding the positive-negative sign conflict levels in compatibility rates because intrasign percentage rates are much influenced by ruling planets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOrWMEskSL8&feature=g-all-u

From my personal experience, my close friends used to be my school teacher in special ed. class and her husband helped my Mom in his home business: Taurus Mom is a fixed sign, he's also a Pisces (Feb. 22nd B-day vs. his wife's March 2nd): the symbosistic nature of Aquarius/Pisces friendship and romance should indicate the two symbols of salvation and charity: Pisces (the old Christian age) and Aquarius (the new global age), but Pisces are more conservative than the Liberal Aquarius, except the two would appear moderate or Libertarian in their similar approach to life.

powerion

what age are we in right now? Can I without knowing what I am talking about state " no matter which age should we have to write some of the things which are in the history books, but more importantly some of things people have to go through."