Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Vedic Astrology

Vedic Astrology For discussions on Vedic astrology only.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-17-2012, 01:47 PM
retinoid's Avatar
retinoid retinoid is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Boston area
Posts: 1,552
Navamsa chart is bad, spoling natal?

My natal/rasi chart is okay. For example Jupiter is in Cancer in the second house. But in the navamsa, it is in the 12th house in Libra which makes it bad...does this mean Jupiter will be a malefic in my chart? My sun is also in Libra in the 12th and so is Ketu while in my rasi they were in the 6th and 3rd respectively. Saturn, which was in Capricorn in the 8th is now in Pisces in the 5th. So is my whole chart spoiled due to the bad placements in the navamsa?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg navmasa.jpg (60.4 KB, 18 views)

__________________
"In this world there's a kind of painful progress. Longing for what we left behind and dreaming ahead."
-Harper, Angels in America

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-17-2012, 02:26 PM
Carris's Avatar
Carris Carris is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 275
Re: Navamsa chart is bad, spoling natal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by retinoid View Post
My natal/rasi chart is okay. For example Jupiter is in Cancer in the second house. But in the navamsa, it is in the 12th house in Libra which makes it bad...does this mean Jupiter will be a malefic in my chart? My sun is also in Libra in the 12th and so is Ketu while in my rasi they were in the 6th and 3rd respectively. Saturn, which was in Capricorn in the 8th is now in Pisces in the 5th. So is my whole chart spoiled due to the bad placements in the navamsa?
No. It is actually very good because navamsa shows the tendency of the planets. Jupiter, sun and ketu in 12th in navamsa mean that these planets operate in a very spiritual or satvik manner.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-17-2012, 03:39 PM
retinoid's Avatar
retinoid retinoid is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Boston area
Posts: 1,552
Re: Navamsa chart is bad, spoling natal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carris View Post
No. It is actually very good because navamsa shows the tendency of the planets. Jupiter, sun and ketu in 12th in navamsa mean that these planets operate in a very spiritual or satvik manner.
but isn't the 12th house a bad house in vedic? It is a spiritual house but also a house of seclusion, losses, etc. So if my Jupiter is there does that mean it is associated with that or that I need to be spiritual for Jupiter and the Sun's energy to show in my life?
__________________
"In this world there's a kind of painful progress. Longing for what we left behind and dreaming ahead."
-Harper, Angels in America

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-17-2012, 03:41 PM
anoop.indirapuramghazibad anoop.indirapuramghazibad is offline
Senior Member
anoop.indirapuramghazibad's Profile Fields
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indirapuram, Ghaziabad, Contact e-mail-anoop.astrologer@gmail.com
Posts: 747
Re: Navamsa chart is bad, spoling natal?

1. I agree that certain planets are not placed as you were expecting in Navmamsha chart, but before thinking like this, you have to see Ashtakvarga Points for Jupiter or other planets.
2. First impact on natal will be of D-1 (Rashi chart), Nav. Chart only confirms or shows betterment or down trend, but can not over rule promises shown in D-1, impacts can be more or less, is different issue.
3. Regarding different matters, we have to see various charts like D-3, D-4, D-7, D-10, D11, D-12, D-16, etc.
4. Ashtakvarg points will also give impact on natal.
__________________
www.anoopastrosutra.com,
.....Anoop.astrologer (Jyotisha Acharya)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-17-2012, 04:03 PM
retinoid's Avatar
retinoid retinoid is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Boston area
Posts: 1,552
Re: Navamsa chart is bad, spoling natal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoop.indirapuramghazibad View Post
1. I agree that certain planets are not placed as you were expecting in Navmamsha chart, but before thinking like this, you have to see Ashtakvarga Points for Jupiter or other planets.
2. First impact on natal will be of D-1 (Rashi chart), Nav. Chart only confirms or shows betterment or down trend, but can not over rule promises shown in D-1, impacts can be more or less, is different issue.
3. Regarding different matters, we have to see various charts like D-3, D-4, D-7, D-10, D11, D-12, D-16, etc.
4. Ashtakvarg points will also give impact on natal.
There is a saying that the birth chart is a tree and the navamsa is the fruit. Is it possible that if you follow the birth chart, this will be the 'fruits' of what happens? So if I serve others (Sun in six rashi) I will achieve spiritual inspiration (Sun in twelfth nav.)? If I enjoy the material world and am charitable (Jupiter in second rashi) I will achieve spiritual inspiration (Juputer in twelfth nav.)? If I am competitive, and overly sexual (mars in 5th rashi) then I will encounter losses/obstacles (mars in 8th rashi)? Idk just a thought. Also some vedic astrologers only use the navamsa to predict marriage and don't use it for inferring anything from the natal.
__________________
"In this world there's a kind of painful progress. Longing for what we left behind and dreaming ahead."
-Harper, Angels in America

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-18-2012, 01:57 AM
anoop.indirapuramghazibad anoop.indirapuramghazibad is offline
Senior Member
anoop.indirapuramghazibad's Profile Fields
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indirapuram, Ghaziabad, Contact e-mail-anoop.astrologer@gmail.com
Posts: 747
Re: Navamsa chart is bad, spoling natal?

For prediction purpose, D-9, is a great help, but if there is a variation of time for few minutes then degrees of Lagna (Asc.) will differ. This will change Asc. of D-9, and entire chart will change. Because Asc. degree will be divided in 9 parts and then will be placed accordingly. So, your planet house will be changed, yes rashi will remain same, in case of Moon also there may be a change.
So, D-9 certainly gives us perfect idea but accuracy of time is must.
Regarding spouse or your partner will be checked from D-9, regarding other behavior we have to see from other charts. Shadbal, strengths of planets, Ashtak Varg, shodya pind etc.
But basic is promise from Birth chart.
__________________
www.anoopastrosutra.com,
.....Anoop.astrologer (Jyotisha Acharya)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-18-2012, 02:15 AM
sandstone sandstone is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: bestcoast of canada
Posts: 1,060
Re: Navamsa chart is bad, spoling natal?

just curious retinoid - are you switching into sidereal when you do the navamsha chart or leaving it in tropical?

for anyone here - does anyone know of a good book on understanding how to use the navamsha chart, or a history on how it is used in india? thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-18-2012, 02:30 AM
retinoid's Avatar
retinoid retinoid is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Boston area
Posts: 1,552
Re: Navamsa chart is bad, spoling natal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandstone View Post
just curious retinoid - are you switching into sidereal when you do the navamsha chart or leaving it in tropical?

for anyone here - does anyone know of a good book on understanding how to use the navamsha chart, or a history on how it is used in india? thanks.
I am leaving it in tropical or the 'sayana' ayanamsa.
__________________
"In this world there's a kind of painful progress. Longing for what we left behind and dreaming ahead."
-Harper, Angels in America

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-18-2012, 03:11 AM
dr. farr dr. farr is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: los angeles california
Posts: 11,306
Re: Navamsa chart is bad, spoling natal?

Retinoid:
NO your whole chart (rasi chart) is not spoiled due to navamsa placements, although these placements act as a modification, but then so do the drekkana placements and also the dwasdashima palcements as well; and of course the D30 and, ultimately, the D60 (karma varga) indications, show even deeper levels of life trends. These varga charts are much like the "harmonic" charts of certain approaches to Modernist astrology, and investigation into them (varga or "harmonic" charts) allows one to explore ever more deeply into trends/counter trends, and potentialities, beyond the obvious (ie, beyond the "original" natal-rasi-chart) In contemporary Vedic astrology, generally the rasi and navamsa charts are investigated, but Parasara (and others in the ancient past) urged that all the varga charts (divisional charts) be taken into consideration before final prognostication is made-quite a task!!

Sandstone:
A couple of informative books specifically about navamsa and divisional charts (varga charts, "Vedic harmonic charts")
+"Navamsa in Astrology" , C.S. Patel
+"Vargas: a Vedic Approach", R. Kumar
+"Predict Comprehensively through Divisional Charts", V.P. Goel

(these books generally available on the internet, specifically available from astroamerica.com)
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-18-2012, 03:37 AM
anoop.indirapuramghazibad anoop.indirapuramghazibad is offline
Senior Member
anoop.indirapuramghazibad's Profile Fields
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indirapuram, Ghaziabad, Contact e-mail-anoop.astrologer@gmail.com
Posts: 747
Re: Navamsa chart is bad, spoling natal?

Very strong recommendation of books.
I am very much impressed by "Predict Comprehensively through Divisional Charts", V.P. Goel
__________________
www.anoopastrosutra.com,
.....Anoop.astrologer (Jyotisha Acharya)
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-18-2012, 03:58 AM
dhundhun's Avatar
dhundhun dhundhun is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Silicon Valley, California
Posts: 1,187
Re: Navamsa chart is bad, spoling natal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by retinoid View Post
My natal/rasi chart is okay. For example Jupiter is in Cancer in the second house. But in the navamsa, it is in the 12th house in Libra which makes it bad...does this mean Jupiter will be a malefic in my chart? My sun is also in Libra in the 12th and so is Ketu while in my rasi they were in the 6th and 3rd respectively. Saturn, which was in Capricorn in the 8th is now in Pisces in the 5th. So is my whole chart spoiled due to the bad placements in the navamsa?
As I seen your chart earlier, Jupiter is in Gemini.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-18-2012, 05:28 AM
sandstone sandstone is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: bestcoast of canada
Posts: 1,060
Re: Navamsa chart is bad, spoling natal?

thank you everyone for the response and feedback..

dr farr - have you read all 3 and if so what do you think of the one on the bottom of you list? thanks..
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-18-2012, 05:33 AM
dr. farr dr. farr is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: los angeles california
Posts: 11,306
Re: Navamsa chart is bad, spoling natal?

It is a complex book, but quite valuable for someone who has already made a rather extensive study of basic Vedic astrological concepts and methods; for a very good specific concentration on navamsa, I would recommend the Patel book.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dr. farr For This Useful Post:
sandstone (04-18-2012)
  #14  
Old 04-19-2012, 03:46 AM
crazedrat crazedrat is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 51
Re: Navamsa chart is bad, spoling natal?

To say it's spoiled is overgeneralizing. The D9 chart shows the reciprocity between yourself and others. What you expect from both yourself and others in relationships. The way you abstractly model people. The way you infer other peoples inner world, abstractly; and how you tie together multiple perspectives. It has a spiritual and interpersonal significance, which is why vedism reveres it. Jainism is an emphasis of the importance of d9s / the 9th house. And D9 is an extrapolation of the 9th house.

Your Jupiter in d9 in libra is in exchange with Venus in sagi. HOuse 12 is the natural house of Jupiter. Jupiter in libra is not great but not terrible.

Ketu / jupiter / sun all in association is good. The planets go well together. Sun is exalted in the nakshatras of ketu [ashwini, magha] & guru is friend to both sun & ketu.

Ketu in libra is not bad. The 12th house is also argued to be the natural house of ketu.

Your main problem is the debilitated sun, but only if you see debilitated planets as problems. Debilitated planets show willingness to confront issues which other people gloss over and in ways they're actually strengths.

A good example is mercury in virgo compared to pisces. Mercury in virgo uses language in very objective terms. They think and speak mechanically. They tend to assume objective definitions for words. But in reality there is no definitive objective standard for language; language is partially relative and it's defined, in part, subjectively. Once you delve into relativism, communication starts to break down, which is what mercury in pisces does. So while it's debilitated, that doesn't make it less significant or somehow wrong in comparison.


You have Rahu in the 9th house, which probably has more to do with your troubles than your d9.

Last edited by crazedrat; 04-19-2012 at 01:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-19-2012, 04:01 AM
sandstone sandstone is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: bestcoast of canada
Posts: 1,060
Re: Navamsa chart is bad, spoling natal?

i am curious, is a reading of the navamsha chart in tropical something that happens very often? i am also curious to know what the interpretation is if a planet in the navamsha chart is on the same degree of the ascendant or even another angle in the natal? one last question - a conjunction of the nodal axis with a planet in the navamsha chart probably implies something too.. if anyone would care to comment - great.. if any of this is covered in the book by patel that is good because i ordered the book last night..
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-19-2012, 04:20 AM
dr. farr dr. farr is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: los angeles california
Posts: 11,306
Re: Navamsa chart is bad, spoling natal?

Only a very small % of practitioners using Vedic follow tropical (the term is sayana school followers, probably less than 1% of jyotishi use this-99% are followers of the nirayana school, ie, sidereal zodiac as basis for delineations) I think more precise explanations of your other questions will be found in the Patel book.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-19-2012, 04:25 AM
sandstone sandstone is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: bestcoast of canada
Posts: 1,060
Re: Navamsa chart is bad, spoling natal?

thanks dr. farr! i will start with the patel book and see how it goes.. since the navamsha chart is so central to vedic astrology and identical to the 9th harmonic chart, excluding the zodiac distinction, i am most curious to know how the indian astrologers view this chart..
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-20-2012, 02:51 AM
retinoid's Avatar
retinoid retinoid is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Boston area
Posts: 1,552
Re: Navamsa chart is bad, spoling natal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazedrat View Post
To say it's spoiled is overgeneralizing. The D9 chart shows the reciprocity between yourself and others. What you expect from both yourself and others in relationships. The way you abstractly model people. The way you infer other peoples inner world, abstractly; and how you tie together multiple perspectives. It has a spiritual and interpersonal significance, which is why vedism reveres it. Jainism is an emphasis of the importance of d9s / the 9th house. And D9 is an extrapolation of the 9th house.

Your Jupiter in d9 in libra is in exchange with Venus in sagi. HOuse 12 is the natural house of Jupiter. Jupiter in libra is not great but not terrible.

Ketu / jupiter / sun all in association is good. The planets go well together. Sun is exalted in the nakshatras of ketu [ashwini, magha] & guru is friend to both sun & ketu.

Ketu in libra is not bad. The 12th house is also argued to be the natural house of ketu.

Your main problem is the debilitated sun, but only if you see debilitated planets as problems. Debilitated planets show willingness to confront issues which other people gloss over and in ways they're actually strengths.

A good example is mercury in virgo compared to pisces. Mercury in virgo uses language in very objective terms. They think and speak mechanically. They tend to assume objective definitions for words. But in reality there is no definitive objective standard for language; language is partially relative and it's defined, in part, subjectively. Once you delve into relativism, communication starts to break down, which is what mercury in pisces does. So while it's debilitated, that doesn't make it less significant or somehow wrong in comparison.


You have Rahu in the 9th house, which probably has more to do with your troubles than your d9.
Thanks crazed rat...I thoughht rahu in the 9th house was good though?
__________________
"In this world there's a kind of painful progress. Longing for what we left behind and dreaming ahead."
-Harper, Angels in America

Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-21-2012, 05:21 AM
crazedrat crazedrat is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 51
Re: Navamsa chart is bad, spoling natal?

Rahu and ketu always cause difficulty. But I don't know what your problem is, to say whether it's actually associated with your 9th house / D9. Can you describe the problem?

Last edited by crazedrat; 04-21-2012 at 05:34 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-24-2013, 07:32 AM
bardevolved's Avatar
bardevolved bardevolved is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 265
Re: Navamsa chart is bad, spoling natal?

Hi dear astrologers,

I see vedic astrology very diffrent from western astrology, coz planets in vedic moves a house further to vedic chart planets

I see my jupiter is in 9th house of virgo mine is capricorn lagna while in navamasa it is moved to 12th house with rahu

Will it give bad result ? in my natal chart rahu is with mars in cancer in 7th house , my rahu dasa is going and it will be till i reach 40 years
Attached Images
File Type: jpg My chart.jpg (61.0 KB, 0 views)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
chart, natal, navamsa, spoling

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Relocation vs Natal chart? Saturnian Relocation Astrology 32 02-12-2014 03:58 AM
Progression pointing towards pregnancy? Munch Progressions 8 04-13-2012 11:28 PM
Progressed Natal Chart vs Natal Chart emeraldhelix Read My Chart 7 01-17-2011 11:22 AM
please help me with my natal chart carl floyd fan Natal Astrology 2 12-26-2010 03:10 AM



All times are GMT. The time now is 05:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2012, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.