Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Dignities & debilities

Dignities & debilities Board for discussing planets in dignities and debilities in natal charts.

Old 04-14-2012, 05:31 AM

Re: What's your take on retrograde planets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperBomber328 View Post
OMG I am a procrastinator too! What house and sign is your Saturn in? Mines in the 4th Auqarius!
My rx saturn is in 12th in gemini. But its also opp venus which may be causing the procrastinating.

Old 04-14-2012, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carris View Post
My rx saturn is in 12th in gemini. But its also opp venus which may be causing the procrastinating.
Well then is must be the Rx. My Saturn is square my Mercury-Mars-Pluto conjunction in the 1st and Trine my Jupiter in the 12th. Unless a hard aspcet to Venus or Mars indicates laziness, my best bet would be an Rx Saturn.
Old 04-14-2012, 03:00 PM

Quote:
OMG I am a procrastinator too! What house and sign is your Saturn in? Mines in the 4th Auqarius!
Compared to walking forwards, how speedy is someone who is walking backwards?
Quote:
Compare two people who are both walking... one is walking backwards, the other is walking forwards...
Quote:
Well then is must be the Rx. .......Unless a hard aspcet to Venus or Mars indicates laziness, my best bet would be an Rx Saturn.
How easy is walking backwards?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let your food be your medicine: let your medicine be your food. Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY red cabbage sliced Equatorially illustrates the Golden Mean Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Old 04-16-2012, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post
Compared to walking forwards, how speedy is someone who is walking backwards?
Compare two people who are both walking... one is walking backwards, the other is walking forwards...

How easy is walking backwards?
Planets don't move backwards...they are however closer to the earth during retrograde so therefore their influence is greater. For some people, a mars retrograde would be good if their mars is good. For others, it could bring a lot of confusion, lack of energy/drive/etc. Retrograde makes a planet more potent in a person's life, for good or bad depending on their natal planet's disposition.

Old 04-16-2012, 03:07 PM

Now this might be off the wall and, certainly someone more erudite with the concept with have to fill int he blanks. With that caveat, here goes:

Einstein postulated that objects moving forward and backward through time and space emit different frequencies. Off course this was all relative to the observer, like most things are.

Now, is it then possible that a planet, that appears to us as observers to move backward, would emit a different frequency than when we observe it to go forward thorugh time and space?

I warned you....
Old 04-16-2012, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anachiel View Post
Now this might be off the wall and, certainly someone more erudite with the concept with have to fill int he blanks. With that caveat, here goes:

Einstein postulated that objects moving forward and backward through time and space emit different frequencies. Off course this was all relative to the observer, like most things are.

Now, is it then possible that a planet, that appears to us as observers to move backward, would emit a different frequency than when we observe it to go forward thorugh time and space?

I warned you....
Yes it could - and maybe our human perception is such. Its only from earth's point of view that saturn appears to be moving backwards when it actually is not. So maybe thats what happens to us earthlings - we view things in a wrong way from our point of view when in retrograde.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:53 PM

Quote:

I warned you....
This is so interesting!!

To continue on this line of thoughts:
Would a retrograde planet, if it emits a different frequency then when it is in forward motion, also have a different effect astrologically - and in what way would it be different??
Old 04-16-2012, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Yes it could - and maybe our human perception is such. Its only from earth's point of view that saturn appears to be moving backwards when it actually is not. So maybe thats what happens to us earthlings - we view things in a wrong way from our point of view when in retrograde.
Well, Einstein theories are based on relativity. So, perception is a big part of the deal. The fact that we see something a certain way does not make it wrong. It just means that our view of the matter is relative to where we are at and when we see the thing occur. It's not wrong or right, really. Those fatalistic terms have bound up humanity for too long. However, perhaps retrograde simply offers a different perspective in and of itself.....like the flip side of the same coin......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bina View Post
This is so interesting!!
Would a retrograde planet, if it emits a different frequency then when it is in forward motion, also have a different effect astrologically - and in what way would it be different??
I would think it would, Bina. But, that is just my own thought on the matter. However, most of the posts in this thread describe the various effects of retrograde. Im just throwing out a probable explanation from the point of physics and that is shaky at best
Old 04-16-2012, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Well, Einstein theories are based on relativity. So, perception is a big part of the deal. The fact that we see something a certain way does not make it wrong. It just means that our view of the matter is relative to where we are at and when we see the thing occur. It's not wrong or right, really. Those fatalistic terms have bound up humanity for too long. However, perhaps retrograde simply offers a different perspective in and of itself.....like the flip side of the same coin......

I would think it would, Bina. But, that is just my own thought on the matter. However, most of the posts in this thread describe the various effects of retrograde. Im just throwing out a probable explanation from the point of physics and that is shaky at best
To an observer on earth, a planet does indeed SEEM to be “walking backwards” IN COMPARISON TO aka RELATIVE TO other planets also orbiting the sun along with earth.

The illusion is caused by the speed at which the planet is traveling relative to its orbital position around the sun as observed from planet earth.

Planets apparently “walking backwards” - (as the ancients so graphically described it) – are as close to Earth as they can get AND ALSO very bright in the night sky.

The ancients understandably regarded a planet in that condition as “intensified” and/or "making an appearance" aka "dramatically showing something" aka "having an appearance that speaks" aka “dramatically drawing attention” to some matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bina View Post
This is so interesting!!

That's exactly the idea Bina... that "retrograde" planets are somehow "different astrologically" than when in forward motion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let your food be your medicine: let your medicine be your food. Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY red cabbage sliced Equatorially illustrates the Golden Mean Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf

Last edited by JUPITERASC; 04-16-2012 at 09:03 PM.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:08 AM

Of course the apparently retrograde planet is still moving forward in its orbit, so that wouldn't change, however, RELATIVE to the earth there is a "change", and that change relative to the earth, could certainly have a modulating effect upon that planet's energies vis-a-vis the earth, so, I think Anachiel might well have a very good point (possibly a valid poiunt) regarding this matter!!
Old 04-17-2012, 02:27 AM

Quote:

I warned you....
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr. farr View Post
Of course the apparently retrograde planet is still moving forward in its orbit, so that wouldn't change, however, RELATIVE to the earth there is a "change", and that change relative to the earth, could certainly have a modulating effect upon that planet's energies vis-a-vis the earth, so, I think Anachiel might well have a very good point (possibly a valid point) regarding this matter!!
Makes sense dr. farr - it's all relative!
Old 04-18-2012, 08:57 PM

I have retro cancer mars in 12th of my chart. It seems that I do have a tenancy to direct my mars energy inward more than outward. I'm the type of person that spends more time thinking things through so action I take will be as minimal as possible. However, I am reactionary to environmental demands and very active environments tend to shift the balance to more outward than inward. So environmental control may be a way to manipulate the expression of a retro planet.

Also, my progressed retro mars is now in gemini 11th. I ignored this for the longest time because it seemed silly to me to go backwards on the wheel. Recently I've come to the conclusion that I do enjoy splitting my time 50/50 working alone and in collaborative groups. I like exchanging ideas in groups, but I can't get anything done unless I regroup on my own to think things through. When ever I hit a roadblock, I want to switch environments. So it would be prudent to interpret natal and progressed as resonant energy between the two.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haileyscomet View Post
No one has an opinion?
You can find info on retrogrades online. I dont have any so cant help you. Martin Schulman has a book on them.

I believe they are particularly karmic and need real effort to use properly. They are planets that seem to be going backwards when you are born, but that is an optical illlusion.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Saturn in the 12th Gemini is opposing Venus in Sagittarius and 6th?
It is more that you have issues with diet, health and perhaps your everyday work that is a legacy from the past. You may be a writer or involved in publishing in some way and this can be an activity that you do more in your retirement years. You can have problems with money and finding work and I would say you like to read, think and study a lot in private.

We need the whole chart to see what other aspects are affecting it. I think you were used to be in a cloistered situation in the past, perhaps a teaching nun or involved in charity work and making short trips around the neighbourhood. You were used to having your needs taken care of and this time you have to earn money for your daily bread, shelter and clothing. .
Old 04-19-2012, 03:16 AM

About the different frequencies between a(n) Rx planet and direct planet, I am so surprised! Perhaps Atrology can be proven in the near future (or far) with science. Though I hope it will be when I'm alive, since I want to see it happening, and live to tell the tale.

P.S. About the 'Thanks' feature (sorry if it sort of diverts from the thread), has it been removed? I wanted to thank Anachiel for her useful post.

Last edited by SniperBomber328; 04-19-2012 at 03:18 AM.

Tags
planets, retrograde