Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Electional & Event Astrology > Sports Astrology

Sports Astrology Let's talk about sports astrology: famous games, techniques to predict games' outcome, anything related to sports.

Old 07-15-2011, 03:25 PM

I need some information

Could someone explain to me how to translate the following moneyline:

WAS +500
SEA -700

This is for the WNBA here in the US, but I believe I have seem the line on soccer games given this way.

In the NBA a moneyline would be something like NY +160 BOS -200, which means that for BOS you bet 200 to win 100, as they are the favorite. Surely, in the WAS/SEA example, it doesn't mean you bet 700 to win 100!
Perhaps it means one bets 700 to win 600?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Bob

Old 07-15-2011, 06:15 PM

Re: I need some information

Hi Bob,

"Surely, in the WAS/SEA example, it doesn't mean you bet 700 to win 100!"

I'm not sure, but maybe it just means that. According to this :

"... The difference between the two will continue to climb as the disparity between the favorite and the underdog increases. In a boxing match it would not be unusual to see odds such as:

Joe Louis -700
Ray Leonard +550

In this instance, those betting on Joe Louis are being asked to risk $700 to win $100, while Ray Leonard backers are risking $100 to win $550. ..."

I know that in your example it's not box but basketball, but... Who knows, maybe the difference between the teams is such big.
Old 07-16-2011, 02:12 PM

Re: I need some information

I think you're correct.

I'm looking at a game between Chicago and Tulsa in the WNBA, in Chicago. Chicago is a pretty good team, whereas Tulsa is winless so far on the road, and something like 1-10 overall. So the pointspread is Chicago -13', which makes them a huge favorite. The moneyline is Tulsa +925, Chicago -1350.

So if one had a reliable method for picking upset wins one could get a 9 to 1 payoff, if Tulsa ever wins another game!

Thanks,

Bob

Tags
information