Pallas Athenae and general influence of asteroids to you

labelledujour

Hi all once again!

I don't usually boggle my mind with those so-called asteroids, in fact I only use Chiron, but this one could not be passed up since it is quite the influential one, connecting strongly with some of my natals! Yet, I've read that Pallas can be associated with incest, along with the warrior spirit and intellect (correct me if I'm wrong!) I'm still trying to figure out what that means in my case, and any help will be appreciated, yet I'd like to ask you which asteroid in your chart seems to form the most & powerful aspects within your chart and how does it manifest in you? Thanks!! :cool:

Attachments

• My charty chart!.jpg
    My charty chart!.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 45

07.Re

waybread

I confess I haven't done a lot of reading on astrological Pallas. Mythologically she was a warrior goddess, often depicted by the Greeks with a helmet, spear, and shield. So she's not a maternal, feminine type like Ceres or Juno. Pallas was the goddess of crafts, intellectual pursuits, and certain types of mental activity; so I see her as kind of a Mercury/Mars combo. I read once that she is prominent in charts of autistic children.

Bob Marks [ www.bobmarksastrologer.com ] says she is the ability to see patterns and re-arrange things. While I don't dispute this, I think Pallas is more than this. www.aquamoonlight.co.uk/pallas.html does associate Pallas with incest, but I doubt it. It seems more Plutonian, but then one would have to check out a lot of charts and just see what shows up.

The "experts" don't seem to agree, so there's lots of room for new studies here.

I like how waybread described her, as like a mercury/mars combo. As for the incest thing, I think that comes up because Pallas rules the father-daughter relationship, and incest would could be considered the (very) low vibration of that relationship.

I wonder for you, do you have the ability to make decisions quickly? It would seem so in Aries, but then it's square your Cancer mercury . . . do you often feel conflicted when making decisions?

As for myself, I have Cupido almost exactly on my sun. Interesting to me since it's a higher octave of venus but lower than neptune, and neptune's my most prominent planet, with venus in second. Almost everything I've read on Cupido applies to me; I think it just reaffirms and amplifies the influence of neptune and venus on me.

Bjorkstrand

Pallas has to do with graphics which "shows" wisdom. I have it opposing the sun, for 22 years i was a cartographer.
An astro chart is pallas.
The way this forum is laid out by the owner of this website has to do with pallas and it a lot bigger have chiron. 3 times the size.
If you read Asteroid Goddesses by Demetra George, she mentions the graphics element.

Jim

Bjorkstrand

dear waybread
Those objects are too small. I don't use chiron. But eros is close to the sun.
Vesta is conjunct my moon, venus, eros and shapley 8. She is all about purity.

Jim

Lunar Pisces

Pallas doesn't seem to be too much an influence in my chart. I have it at 4 Tau in my 8th, and it's semisextile my Venus (exact) and novile my Moon (within 2 degrees).

I have a few interesting, tight asteroid aspects though:

Sun conjunct Eros
Sun conjunct Ceres
Venus conjunct Saturn with Amor wedged in between, and opposing Neptune (singleton) cj. Jupiter
Venus trine Vesta
Moon conjunct Diana
Moon trine Psyche
Mars cj. NN with Aphrodite wedged in between
Eros parallel Psyche
Eros conjunct Pan

Hi All,

I am very interested in asteroids, and believe they add fun and worthwhile details to the natal picture. I liken their use to the Mona Lisa. The Mona Lisa has been studied and revered for the woman's penetrating quality. We all stare at her, but yet, no matter how we position ourselves, she seems to stare right back at us. The theory? She has no eyebrows. It is a small, seemingly inconsequential detail, which impacts the entire painting as a whole, and without which, the painting may have never been quite so touted.

I am interested, specifically in this post about Pallas Athena, because of the thread's discussion on incest as it relates to her natal presence. Pallas Athena, also known simply as Athena, was born from the head of Zeus-- quite literally a splitting headache! She was born in his image alone, and through his imagination, which of course, has to do with the mind. She is, in effect, an extension of Zeus and his own mental image, much like how Parents see themselves in their Children. "You are my creation," and creation begins with a mental concept.

Incest, particularly through direct familial lines (Mother-Son, Father-Daughter, Father-Son, Mother-Daughter), has a lot do with the narcissism, and the story of Narcissisus. The Parents who pursue their Children sexually, are incredibly narcissistic, that is to say, totally absorbed in the self they see in their own Children. It is of course, the imagined self. I'm not suggesting that one's Children do not actually have qualities similar to their parents, but the Children do not belong to the Parents, the way a Narcissistic Parent, believes on some level, that the similarities they see in their Child must be loved and cherished in an obsessive way. The Parent longs to be one with that Child again.

Usually what happens in these cases, and to some degree, understandable, as it is fairly common and part of familial bonding, is a form of Emotional Incest takes place. This Parent-Child identification turns the Child into the desired counterpart of the Parent, also known as a surrogate spouse. This doesn't always end up sexual, in fact it usually doesn't, and most of us can think of a few instances in which these boundaries were blurred with our own Parents, and maybe with our Children.

I promise I'm going to talk about Astrology shortly.

When it becomes sexual is when the Parent becomes absorbed in achieving oneness with the Child. "You have a piece of Me, a piece that is Mine, give it back," or, "We share this, so we should share a special connection," or, it turns into a deep-seated issue of power (i.e. often why we quote Pluto in issues of Incest, since Incest is both a taboo and about Power), "I own you, you are mine, and you are me, so I shall have you as a I want." These attitudes underlie healthy Parent-Child relationships as well as unhealthy ones. Typically they become sublimated, but in overtly incestual ones, they come to a head and handled in a way that the Parent so chooses, and perhaps on some level, the Child encourages, if only because the Child relies on the parent.Achieving this Oneness, this control, is often best done through sexual means. This alone, isn't a problem, it just is what it is. We do it any sexual relationship we engage in. Control isn't always a bad thing, it is simply an extension of a desired Union, and it typically isn't at all conscious. "Be Mine."

With all of this said, however, if we look to Pallas Athena, there are a few things to consider. I, myself, as many people in this forum know, am an Incest Survivor. I am not going to into the details, but I will share what is pertinent as it relates to our understanding of Athena, since we are all here to learn.

My Pallas Athena is in a 29 degrees, in Leo, in the 8th house.

Pluto is in my 10th house, in Scorpio, conjunct the MC by a two degree orb. Pluto Squares my Sun in Cancer, and my Mercury in Leo.

One of my perpetrators was my maternal Grandfather, whom I believe is represented by the 6th house. The 6th house is ruled by Mercury, and Mercury disposits Athena. Chiron is also there in Gemini, wounding my Venus in Virgo in the 8th house, which tends to give the native childlike qualities towards sex--- almost like a stunting if you will.

well... I sort of just vented here... sorry.

mod.

jolou

My daughter and I both have Pallas in Libra at 24-25 degrees. Mine is 10th house and hers is 9th. I associated it with my tendency and ability to put together clothing in an unusual and distinctive way. My daughter learned that from me but her style is different, more refined. I hope I am not a narcissistic mother.

Hmmm. I just looked at my son's chart. He is autistic and Pallas seems to be at the apex of a kite formation. I will post an attachment if anybody is interested. 26.29 Cancer, conjunct Chiron and Jupiter.

I am interested in the asteroids but try not to play with them too much since I am still learning the basics. I do use my personal name asteroid and another one that I came upon accidentally, and for me, they always show up in synastry charts.

Pallas-trine-Mars

Hey, nice birth month! ;) Pallas is mild, skilled, organized and for the most part modest, and since it's in your second house I'm guessing this must apply to your approach to handling your possessions and money:

Pallas prominent:

1. Julia Child - Pallas combust in Leo
2. Marcia Cross - Pallas conjunct Sun in Aries in the Midheaven
3. Martha Stewart - Pallas rising in Scorpio and the Ascendant
4. Vanessa Williams - Pallas tightly conjunct Ascendant in Cancer

Pallas can definitely have a cool, dry, highly left-brained steeliness

vanessa_williams.jpg

Jolou, yes, I've seen a couple of charts of people with Pallas rising that has mental and compulsive disorders like Aspergers. My brother has Pallas just beyond orbs of conjunction with his Ascendant and he has these problems as well and I've also seen the flat, coolness of Pallas in the face of a Leo I've met with Pallas opposite his Sun. Bob Marks might've been right in more ways than one when he or whoever first connected Pallas with patterns, in this case neurological and probably health patterns, and similar things things like routines, rituals and scheduling. I have Pallas quincunx my Ascendant and suspect I might have OCD.

Last edited:

freedomlover

Hey, nice birth month! ;) Pallas is mild, skilled, organized and for the most part modest, and since it's in your second house I'm guessing this must apply to your approach to handling your possessions and money:

Pallas prominent:

1. Julia Child - Pallas combust in Leo
2. Marcia Cross - Pallas conjunct Sun in Aries in the Midheaven
3. Martha Stewart - Pallas rising in Scorpio and the Ascendant
4. Vanessa Williams - Pallas tightly conjunct Ascendant in Cancer

Jolou, yes, I've seen a couple of charts of people with Pallas rising that has mental and compulsive disorders like Aspergers, so Bob Marks might've been right in more ways than one when he or whoever first connected Pallas with patterns, in this case neurological and probably health patterns, and similar things things like routines, rituals and scheduling. I have Pallas quincunx my Ascendant and suspect I might have OCD.

I found this very interesting. I'm wondering if it applies to things that happen later in life via the Progressed Chart. I have Pallas in Aquarius smack dab on my Progressed Ascendant. It also makes an exact trine to my Progressed Jupiter Rx in Gemini in the 4th house.

Poupoupidou

I don't usually boggle my mind with those so-called asteroids, in fact I only use Chiron, but this one could not be passed up since it is quite the influential one, connecting strongly with some of my natals! Yet, I've read that Pallas can be associated with incest, along with the warrior spirit and intellect (correct me if I'm wrong!) I'm still trying to figure out what that means in my case, and any help will be appreciated

Pallas rules father/daughter relationships, so in extreme cases, this can be one type of incest, but I would not conclude that she rules incest in general. I would check what is happening the 8th house for intimate abuse and hidden/forgotten pains. Warrior spirit is more related to Mars. However, Pallas is certainly a good strategist. She is definitely the most intellectual woman you can find. She is a bit of the female nerd.

Last edited:

MiaMiaMia

Pallas reminds me of the archetype of the Amazonian, femininity and intimidating (physical and strategic) strength... I think I just revived my crush on Athena:w00t:

Maybe it reminds people of "daddy´s daughter" but not in the spoiled princess way (which is kinda incestuous, since it has courtship undertones and favours the exchange of charm for material well being).
Pallas : It´s the 13 year old with pigtails and her hunting gear going on a trip with her father, being welcomed in "the MAN´s world" with a full membership. Remember Abigail in HANNIBAL? The incestuous undertone here as well, but from a different angle. Instead of the slight sexualisation of his child, the father merges with her by molding her into his image, so still crossing boundaries, just less explicitly.

It has positive traits as well as negative. Notice the erasure of the boundaries impressed upon girls by strict gender roles? A free woman who doesn´t have to fight her way out of patriarchy, but instead fights/strategises for her personal goals.

Maybe that´s the aspect of Pallas that tie into the idea of a unique talent tied to its position in the chart.

My placement : 10th house and Taurus.

Pallas in the 10th House: This is the house of career and the "public." If you are having trouble solving a problem while at home, get out of the house. Pallas in the 10th house will tend to increase pattern recognition and problem solving abilities in connection with the career. Albert Einstein, who made a career with his ability to see patterns, had Pallas placed here.

Pallas in Taurus: If the problem is going to take a long time to solve, ask this person to handle it for you. With Pallas in Taurus, the problem solving and pattern recognizing abilities increase if you feed them.

(thanks for the link!:love:)

MiaMiaMia

For those with PALLAS IN TAURUS:

I´ve read somewhere else that this blesses us with a sort of healing touch, or perceptiveness when it comes to the hands on approach. This means comforting touch but also a sense of aesthetics.

Could also mean we know how to deal smartly with land, commercially or as gardeners, but that´s just speculation.:whistling: