New Moon September 29 2008

I want to know if anyone else keeps track of new/full moons in their charts. I have heard that a new moon lasts for one month, the full moon for 2 weeks.

This new moon is conjunct my MC. I think that would mean I will be focused on home versus career. But I don't know whether to look at as if it were the sun or the moon transiting MC, or a combination. Any ideas?

This new moon is on eta Crater, a small star in The Cup. 06LIB06 for year 2000. (stars move forward by 50.2675 seconds per year).

The astrological influences of the constellation: According to Ptolemy it is like Venus and in some degree like Mercury. It gives a kind, generous, cheerful, receptive, passionate and hospitable nature with good mental abilities, but subject to apprehension and indecision. There is a disordered life full of sudden and unexpected events, and great danger of unhappiness, but usually some eminence. (Fixed Stars and Constellations in Astrology , Vivian E. Robson, 1923)

Good mental abilities. (Fixed Stars and Judicial Astrology, George Noonan, 1990).

The astrological influences of the constellation given by Manilius:
Note: Manilius described Crater as 'gratus Iaccho Crater' (Iaccho is Roman Bacchus who is identified with Greek Dionysus), so using the mystic, poetical name often applied to Bacchus
"He [those influenced by the Crater in astrology] will join your vines, Bacchus [translator's note; 'grapevines for the production of wine'], in wedlock to your elms; or he will arrange them on props, so that the fronds resemble the figures in a dance or, allowing your vine to rely on its own strength, he will lead it to spread out its branches as arms, and entrusting you to yourself will forever protect you from the bridal bed, seeing how you were cut from your mother (Semele, daughter of Cadmus).
Whoever derives hence his birth and character [from the constellation Crater] will be attracted by the well-watered meadows of the countryside, the rivers, and the lakes. He will sow corn among the grapes and will adopt any other of the countless forms of cultivation that exist throughout the world as the conditions of the district will require. He will drink without stint the wine he has produced and enjoy in person the well earned fruits of his labors; neat wine will incite him to jollity, when he will drown all seriousness in his cups.
Nor only on the soil will he stake his hopes for paying his yearly vows he will also go in pursuit of the grain tax (become a tax collector), and of those wares (papyrus, for example, or sponges) especially which are nourished by moisture or to which water clings. Such are the men to be fashioned by the Bowl, lover of all that is wet. [Manilius, Astronomica
ir
, 1st century AD, book 5,

Mundane influence of Crater: Issues concerning the Christian Church, Volcanos, Microscope invention, Genetic engineering, Environment, Fires, Bombs, Alcohol, Telephone invention, Libraries, Space exploration, Astronomy, Cigarettes, Civil Rights, Treaties, Common market, Banning of nuclear weapons.

If you have contact by conjunction, see how the interpretation fits and let us know. If you like Christianity, there is some stuff to get excited about in the link below:

http://www.constellationsofwords.com/Constellations/Crater.html

Neptune Rising

Hi Jamie

I wrote in the other thread, but I had a new Moon up near my MC, and I got a job offer. The only one since the last job ended in April.

I also had a new Moon in Taurus in my 5th house, and I started a romance then.

Couldnt figure out the new Moon in the 8th though.

I also looked at the aspects the Moon was making on this new Libra Moon. It was sextile to my North Node, and inconjunct my Moon. And nearly conjunct my Pluto. Perhaps this might show the nature of the next month, or the nature of the job I've been offered.

NR

NR, that sextile sounds nice, you must be on the right path. But new job means readjustments with Moon (mum, women, your feelings).

My thing with the MC is I'm not looking for a job?

Neptune Rising

Maybe its showing a beginning in your current career, or something to do with your public life.. or any other 10th house matters.

I am trying to figure out also, the thing started at the new moon, do they usually come to fruition by full moon..? In that case, by the full moon, the moon will be highlighting the house the new moon was in. Unless they were very close to a cusp at new moon. So maybe a seed of thought is started at new moon, with a check up on its growth at full moon. Just some thoughts.

NR

I think the New Moon points to the foucus of your life for the next month. The Full Moon points to where you need to find some balance in that focus.

Spicadilly

I note all the new moons in my calendar, what they aspect and tried to do something around that. The Libra NM cj my Uranus H11, trined Aqua NN H3 and Saturn H7. I have made some new friends out of the blue, attended a networking event at work that put me in touch with senior people. They all wanted to know about a research I conducted and I am writing astrological posts :D .

Full Moons I read are the culmination of a situation concerning the house it falls into. So maybe I'll have a date by the next one.