Full Moon Effects

Moog

Was having a conversation about this earlier. The issue raised was that studies show full moons don't have a statistical effect on crime, madness, animal attacks and other things often attributed to it.

Personally, I've never really noticed that full moons have any particularly strong effect either.

I know that full moons (oppositions) in a personal chart tend to give a strong effect. I have a friend with a full moon at her birth, and it seems rather fitting.

What do you (astrologer's community) make of full moons and their effects?

bubuza_dulce

I know a saying - "Full Moon - when crazy people go out for a walk" and according to my own "statistics" I go out just to have fun a lot of times when there is Full Moon. I always remember that because I see it!

I have a link (but it's not in English) and at some point it says there has been done a study for 3 months in 1998 over the 1200 inmates at the Armley prison in Leeds and it showed clearly that the number of violent incidents raised before and after a Full Moon night.

In my chart the Moon is pretty strong and maybe that's why I feel that, I asked other people and they told me they have no idea whether there's a Full Moon or not when they go out because they don't look at it!:lol:

Last edited:

Mark

The Full Moon effect is a strange one. From my own observations, there are times when there is a dramatic effect, but other times when there is almost no effect whatsoever. It seems that there must be some factor that makes the Full Moon of greater or lesser effect while causing the averages to more or less balance. The first step in testing whether or not this is the case would be to collect information about which Full Moons were of great effect and for whom. It may be the case that everyone responds depending on their chart, meaning that only a few Full Moons per year would be significant for each individual.

MaeMae

Banned
One thing I have experienced on a few occasions in my lifetime is that animals at zoo are more vocal during a full moon. When my son was younger, we'd take our trips to the zoo on full moon days ~we'd intentionally get there a couple hours before closing (dusk) and by closing time, all sorts of wild sounds ~ lions, apes, monkeys, elephants could be heard echoing throughout the park. It was pretty amazing.
I personally don't initiate new projects at full moon, as it seems just don't jell as well as when I start thing on a new moon. Deep housecleaning seems to be a good thing for me during full moons, I always seem to be more into it and accomplish more during those times.
Because they are so regular, maybe it's difficult to notice the subtleties. Considering the luminaries are in opposition, creative and receptive energies are at odds, and depending on planets that are aspected in natal chart, it could manifest as internal and external contradictions. I usually cut my hair when moon is approaching opposition to sun, but am reluctant to try a new style during that time. I've noticed more luster and body in my hair when I do.

kimbermoon

I have a website [mystikvale.com] that deals specifically with Lunar astrology and explains in detail how we are affected by the Moon's influence over us. I have studied this concept for over a decade and at my site I provide a monthly lunar calendar, currently updated for December. Therein I describe how the new moons and full moons work, and how it is our individual chart that determines the degree to whether this monthly lunar roller-coaster is pertinent or more vague and nebulous in it's effects.

The Full Moon represents the climactic point of the cycle, occuring every month, and indicates possible conflicts that may arise because the Sun and Moon are at opposition. When the Moon is full, there can be illumination and a peak of awareness; or there can be open conflicts caused by the polarization of energies. this is often the time of reckoning, for those aware enough of their inner workings, that may offer the opportunity for clarity and understanding; or it can cause break-ups and endings...these things I explain in detail at the Mystikvale.

hmmm...my friends believe that you can easily fall in love during full moon and she even believe that it's very lucky for a couple to marry on full moon specially when there's a blue moon:love:

just wanna share..don't know the real effect though

JUPITERASC

Was having a conversation about this earlier. The issue raised was that studies show full moons don't have a statistical effect on crime, madness, animal attacks and other things often attributed to it.
Personally, I've never really noticed that full moons have any particularly strong effect either.
I know that full moons (oppositions) in a personal chart tend to give a strong effect. I have a friend with a full moon at her birth, and it seems rather fitting.
Some full moons are also eclipses. Full moon eclipses can have 'strong effects' depending on links to natal charts :smile:

CapAquaPis

People born on a full moon, esp. night hours, and in many cases new moons such as myself, have horoscopes and star charts have stronger incidence of future events awaiting them. Cancer full moons like the one we have tonight (usually in late Dec.-early Jan.) around Christmastime and the new years' week take on a whole different and powerful meaning.

Having a sun in your birth sign on the 8th house, plus the new moon and scorpio the 5th house (mental-psychological effects), is high risk for someone to develop a fixation or obsession over a person. There's a chance it can lead to stalking and harrassment by the perpretrator may occur in broken relationships of a lack of having a true friendship.

Scorpio in the 5th house represent romance in a serious level, a loyal sense of family or friends, and someone in the "intelligence" thread said hobbies are associated with 5th house, thus a person can develop an avid interest in something (or someone, if they are lovestruck), but when it comes to people: the stalker may have to realize (s)he don't love back.