Egyptian Uprising: Call for Democracy

juicey J.

Banned
Sure I know how it's called. What I was saying is that it's a WIDE orb to have any serious effect. In Egypt the uprising is serious; not just a discontent with the government.

Yes but the last time saturn and pluto where even remotely in square in these signs a little thing called the American Revolution happened. Also, with uranus later this year going into square to pluto along with the jupiter opposing saturn and a good handful of negative fixed star combos come due in march this is only the begining of such things for the world.

BobZemco

Sure I know how it's called. What I was saying is that it's a WIDE orb to have any serious effect. In Egypt the uprising is serious; not just a discontent with the government.

That's correct. Persian and Medieval astrologers paid very little attention to transits and on the few occasions they looked at transits, they certainly didn't use Whole Sign aspects.

The reason we use orbs with transits (and such tight orbs) is because in practice, that's the only thing that works.

juicey J. said:
Yes but the last time saturn and pluto where even remotely in square in these signs a little thing called the American Revolution happened. Also, with uranus later this year going into square to pluto along with the jupiter opposing saturn and a good handful of negative fixed star combos come due in march this is only the begining of such things for the world.

That's just bad astrology.

Pluto was at 28° Capricorn when the War of Colonial Independence began (if you can show evidence the Colonies invaded Britain, over-threw King George and instituted a new government then you can claim there was a "revolution" -- otherwise you're just spouting American political propaganda), and Pluto was transiting the 2nd House (the Sibley Propaganda Chart is the wrong chart but it does have the correct rising Sign -- Sagittarius).

Saturn in the 11th House square Pluto in the 2nd House isn't about civil wars.

The England 1066 Chart has a Capricorn MC but there was no "revolution" in the UK, so your argument fails miserably (there were no "revolutions" anywhere).

In fact, Pluto in Capricorn as "political transformation" is a total failure, and the transit of Pluto through Capricorn in the early 1500s is really embarrassing, just as Pluto in Capricorn in the late 1200s is.

If you want to make a generalized statement about Pluto in Capricorn, then you can say "economic turmoil."

That was the case for the late 1200s (the earliest point at which we have any semblance of written financial data or commentaries about the finances of kingdoms and countries), again in the early 1500s, and again in the mid-1700s, where we can pinpoint problems to the collapse of the East India Trading Company that resulted in a "credit crunch" leading to rolling recessions throughout the world (and yes, that would include China and Japan).

Trade between Britain and its New World Colonies came to a virtual stand-still, which reduced the Crown's income. That was the reason for the Stamp Tax Act, the Tea Tax Act, and various other Acts that attempted to squeeze money from the Colonies and colonists.

dr. farr

These very long transits through (entire) signs by the outers is one of the reasons I have been looking at them transiting (ingressing through) the decans: when I tested the elemental decans (ie the ones usually applied in Modernist-and also Vedic-astrology) I didn't really see anything much; but when I used the Manilius decans I found several very interesting connections.
I pretty much accept that political revolution is under Uranus much moreso than under Pluto (indeed I really don't connect Pluto with political revolution at all); Charles Carter's researches found (political) revolution to be more frequent under Neptune than Uranus, and, although-like my use of decans with the outers-I cannot (yet) make any definite statements, it does seem to me that Neptune's connection with revolution (we are taking about policitical revolution here) might be well be closer than most of us think.

Last edited:

juicey J.

Banned
That's correct. Persian and Medieval astrologers paid very little attention to transits and on the few occasions they looked at transits, they certainly didn't use Whole Sign aspects.

The reason we use orbs with transits (and such tight orbs) is because in practice, that's the only thing that works.

That's just bad astrology.

Pluto was at 28° Capricorn when the War of Colonial Independence began (if you can show evidence the Colonies invaded Britain, over-threw King George and instituted a new government then you can claim there was a "revolution" -- otherwise you're just spouting American political propaganda), and Pluto was transiting the 2nd House (the Sibley Propaganda Chart is the wrong chart but it does have the correct rising Sign -- Sagittarius).

Saturn in the 11th House square Pluto in the 2nd House isn't about civil wars.

The England 1066 Chart has a Capricorn MC but there was no "revolution" in the UK, so your argument fails miserably (there were no "revolutions" anywhere).

In fact, Pluto in Capricorn as "political transformation" is a total failure, and the transit of Pluto through Capricorn in the early 1500s is really embarrassing, just as Pluto in Capricorn in the late 1200s is.

If you want to make a generalized statement about Pluto in Capricorn, then you can say "economic turmoil."

That was the case for the late 1200s (the earliest point at which we have any semblance of written financial data or commentaries about the finances of kingdoms and countries), again in the early 1500s, and again in the mid-1700s, where we can pinpoint problems to the collapse of the East India Trading Company that resulted in a "credit crunch" leading to rolling recessions throughout the world (and yes, that would include China and Japan).

Trade between Britain and its New World Colonies came to a virtual stand-still, which reduced the Crown's income. That was the reason for the Stamp Tax Act, the Tea Tax Act, and various other Acts that attempted to squeeze money from the Colonies and colonists.

First off a good portion of astrology shows what might happen not what is going to happen indefinetly. Also, I said saturn in libra square pluto in capricorn (not just pluto in capricorn) and I meantioned a whole bunch of planeterary configurations and star combinations being involved in all this. Yes I agree economic turmoil is a better overall fit for pluto in capricorn. Also, ecomomic trumoil can (KEY WORD!!!!!!!!) lead to political revolution.

Last edited:

BobZemco

I don't see Mubarak stepping down any time soon. I'll have to look at the 2011 Chart in more detail, but just glancing at it, he's not stepping down in September.

dr. farr

My take on certain of the mundane indications (which I follow in my highly unusual astrological approach to these matters) suggest that Egypt will descend into a period of civil war over the next year; hope that I have misread these indications...

Madammaha

I am no mundane astrologer, but the way I see it Saturn's transit in Libra is usually connected to major events taking place whether in USA or in Egypt, the Egyptian Revolution took place on the 23rd of July 1952, Sadat was killed in 1981 and Mubarak took his place that same week, on these dates Saturn was transiting Libra. The planets are taking a very strong turn, Neptune is 135 degrees from Saturn, and making a semi square with Pluto, affecting the uprising in a way that every solution is not enough, every decision is not believed a general air of mistrust and disbelief between the people and the government, also both Uranus and Neptune are at critical degrees. Change is coming but a change that has all the qualities of the aquarian age we are going through.

Mark

I find the astrology presented here to be quite interesting. I am confused by the sentiments, however. We're hoping for nonviolence? Wow, we're about 30 years too late for that. Why is anyone looking at this revolution as a bad thing? Was being raped by a tyrannical dictator for 3 decades preferable to revolution? Seriously, 30 years of rigged elections and power games deserves a good revolution. How else could the system be re-balanced? The revolution we see now was made necessary by the government which has grown into a tumour of the people. Personally, I want the best for the people of Egypt and this revolution is the start of something good for them. It's only bad if you want the old tyranny to continue. Change hurts. That's life. May the people of Egypt earn for themselves the opportunity to build their own nation.

Just wait until you see what will happen in the United States because of the what we have allowed our government to become. This little firecracker in Egypt will look like a sunny, Spring day! The changes will come one way or another. The easiest way to think of revolutionary changes is like a combusting explosion (there are other kinds). When left sitting open, loose on a table, a combusting explosive (like gunpowder) has almost no power. Light it and it will only flash burn. If you contain it, however, the pressure will build. When the pressure finally is capable of breaking containment, THEN there will be a violent explosion.

It can also be thought of as an electrical system. Think of change as electricity. When there is open flow, there is no damage. The more resistance there is to the flow (like a tyrannical government), the more heat you will see. There are people who can run electricity through their own bodies and use it to operate blenders and other appliances without harming themselves. This is possible because their bodies do not resist the electric flow. When you resist the flow, you get shocked. The more resistance there is, the more shock and heat are produced. Changes will come. This is fact. Resist change and you will be destroyed. Embrace change and you will prosper through it. It is that simple.

Power to the People!

Summery Joy

Hey you guys,

It's Nora from Egypt. Mubarak has just stepped down and left it all to the Armed Forces; a very obvious coup d'etat. The VP announced it today 11 February 2011, at 18:01 GMT +2, Cairo, Egypt.

I'm too excited to think right now, so I don't know what to do with this chart yet. I thought you might though.

Pray for us. Our struggle is far from over.

Prisma

Hey you guys,

It's Nora from Egypt. Mubarak has just stepped down and left it all to the Armed Forces; a very obvious coup d'etat. The VP announced it today 11 February 2011, at 18:01 GMT +2, Cairo, Egypt.

I'm too excited to think right now, so I don't know what to do with this chart yet. I thought you might though.

TRIUNFO!!!! (Translation: VICTORY!!!)

Best hopes, prayers & blessings from Puerto Rico.

suimui10

Mubarak stepped down! Sooooo happy!
I hope it's over SOON and peace and democracy finally rule Egypt.
Please pray that there are no other vicious plans by Vice President and the Army. I will breathe easier if the Egyptian leaders and the people finally rule.
Anything on Mubarak's resignation chart that shows it's over?

PS: I am not from Egypt, have nothing to do with Egypt. I just love democracy and believe in the power of people! Egyptians rock.

Last edited:

BobZemco

Hey you guys,

Well, didn't see that coming. Just don't have enough time to spend on the charts.

I think you got about 6 more years before a final form of government is approved and starts functioning.

SagiCap

EGYPTIANS have accomplished in 18 days, what no war on earth has ever achieved..... committed non-compliant & peaceful mass of humanity can alter the course of history. It's still far from over, but a good start. Who will be next should be the question du jour.

BRAVO!

suimui10

I love the Egyptian proverb in your signature, SagiCap! :D

I just hope the Army stays detached and no one there gets thirsty for power now that Mubarak left. The group of intellectuals they had formed the other day should stay close watching both the Army and Suleiman. Whatever happens, Egyptians have EARNED democracy. I hope they get to enjoy it soon! So happy for them and for humanity! :)

Mark

Let's see how Egypt's relationship with Israel fairs before we get too deep into celebration. Besides, both Hitler and Napoleon came to power through popular demand during a power vacuum. Now is actually the most unstable and unpredictable time. Not only is it not over, it's just now beginning. Only one step has been taken on this journey so far. Let's see where the rest of it goes.

May the Egyptian people demand to keep the power they have asserted.

suimui10

The peace with Israel won't change. It is only fear that motivates this thought.
Why? It's simple: Egyptians want peace and democracy for their country. Nobody mentioned Israel these 18 days. Their only demand was for the Mubarak monster to go.
The only problem right now is that the Army has full power... I hope they haven't jumped from one dictator to the next... I wish them the best and I keep tipping my hat off to them, great courageous brave people.

tikana

EGYPTIANS have accomplished in 18 days, what no war on earth has ever achieved..... committed non-compliant & peaceful mass of humanity can alter the course of history. It's still far from over, but a good start. Who will be next should be the question du jour.

BRAVO!

appearantly you forgot Germany's reunification and peaceful split of Czechoslovakia.. in both countries there were 0 deaths.
Czechoslovakian parlament peacefully voted to dissolve Czechoslovakia as a country and split 1 country into 2. People expressed their voice - the goverment listened.

Mark

suimui10: There is no way that the people of Egypt can express exact control over their own government, with or without a democracy. Can the American people control the American government? Did we need a good reason to invade Iraq, even though the war was a major contributor to our own collapse? We also need to remember that not everything called a democracy actually is a democracy. Even if the popular will would be peace with Israel, that doesn't mean that Egypt will have peace with Israel. As said before, we're still in the power vacuum stage. This is the most important and unpredictable time.

I do think that the people of Egypt want peace. If I am concerned about anything, it is that what the Egyptian people want won't matter. I wouldn't say that I am afraid of it in either case. The fires of purification will come for us all. It is better to prepare to meet them than run from them. Fear is the worst enemy of all.

gemini59

I have attached the two charts...Egypt and the recent 'event' of change. Of significant note in the change chart is Neptune (representing social movement, dissolve) on the 7th cusp and Moon (representing working class) at the 10th house cusp emphasizing the theme we see play out. This seems to support the argument that Neptune can play a role in revolution.
Of other significant note is the August 5, 2009 eclipse to Egypt's Neptune recently re-stimulated by Mars on Feb. 2, 2011. If this follows social unrest had begun several years prior with economic stress ors.

An eclipse to Egypt's Pluto occurred on December 31, 2009 and will be re stimulated..
as well as an upcoming eclipse to Egypt's Ascendant and Mars on June 1, 2011 and on July 1st, 2011 to Pluto again. Key words for Pluto eclipse transformation, purge, destroy and renew, riot, crime..nuclear energy. Mars key words are armed forces, agitators, enterprise, aggression.

Attachments

• acairoegypt.gif
    acairoegypt.gif
    59 KB · Views: 24
  • egyptchange.gif
    egyptchange.gif
    54 KB · Views: 24