Eight possible T-Squares?!

riveradove

Hello all,

Um . . . well, I'm not sure how to start this, so I'll just jump into the problem.
I looked at my chart and I noticed the t-squares. I did some research and I found they're not as terrible; still, I see eight t-squares. :andy: I'm a beginner so, this is a bit confusing for me. My questions:

Do I really have eight t-squares? If so, why so many? :sad:
What does it mean? Any ideas? The main planets I see are Mars, Saturn,
Jupiter, Neptune, Uranus, maybe Moon?, and maybe Chiron?

If you can help, I really would appreciate it!

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_riveradove.18422.60893.jpg
    astro_2gw_01_riveradove.18422.60893.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

waybread

Gosh! T-Squares R Us!

It's debatable how you should count them. I would see one gi-mongous T-square because Mars is the focalizer or apex for all the other planets. But as you analyse your chart, I would suggest considering T-squares both individually and collectively. Where you've got two big clusters, north and south, these planets operate in harness with one another. Some are out-of-orb, but I tend to count them more like conjunctions due to their midpoints and engagement with one another through the opposition and Mars square.

Speaking of which, a 10-degree orb for Mars is wide for many astrologers, unless the sun or moon are involved. But you may feel it due to the aforementioned interactions between your Cancer and Capricorn planets.

The good news is that you have a very strong chart by my reckoning, with 5 planets domiciled in their own signs: Mars, Saturn, Venus, Mercury, and Pluto. You can accomplish a lot in your life. Sometimes the stresses experienced through squares actually encourage people to advance and achieve in the areas represented by the involved planets. May feel stressful, but you can get a lot accomplished.

dr. farr

I too would delineate one T square, focused on Mars, as per the following:
Mars sq Neptune Mars sq Jupiter/Jupiter opposition Neptune (for me, maximum aspectual orbs for squares, oppositions = 5 degrees)

Krewster

Recast at home with tight orbs, I'm not seeing even a single T-square (bec the 4.x-ish loose oppo between transpersonals -Jup and Nept- is deferable, in my working orb approach, until all 17 tighter major and minor aspects are considered.

Even if acknowledged first, such transpersonal oppo, being about 8 x looser orbed than such T-square's tightest aspect (Mars 90 Jup) would seem to greatly skew the configuration towards dominance of that 90 and, therefore, render it classifiable more as a "leaky" T-square than one in which all three aspects are equally strong.

riveradove

Gosh! T-Squares R Us!

It's debatable how you should count them. I would see one gi-mongous T-square because Mars is the focalizer or apex for all the other planets. But as you analyse your chart, I would suggest considering T-squares both individually and collectively. Where you've got two big clusters, north and south, these planets operate in harness with one another. Some are out-of-orb, but I tend to count them more like conjunctions due to their midpoints and engagement with one another through the opposition and Mars square.

Speaking of which, a 10-degree orb for Mars is wide for many astrologers, unless the sun or moon are involved. But you may feel it due to the aforementioned interactions between your Cancer and Capricorn planets.

The good news is that you have a very strong chart by my reckoning, with 5 planets domiciled in their own signs: Mars, Saturn, Venus, Mercury, and Pluto. You can accomplish a lot in your life. Sometimes the stresses experienced through squares actually encourage people to advance and achieve in the areas represented by the involved planets. May feel stressful, but you can get a lot accomplished.

*Sorry for the long wait, It's been a busy day.*

Whew, okay, I feel better. Thank you, waybread. I didn't consider looking at the mega-T-square both individually and collectively. I'll be sure to take another look. I didn't know some planets when out-of-orb could be considered a conjunction thanks to their midpoints. Would an example be an opposition between my moon in cancer (22° Can 43) and Neptune in Capricorn (13° Cap 29)?

Oh, and bingo on being stressful. It doesn't help that I worry sometimes (go Cancer sun :rolleyes:). However, you are correct; despite being stressed in an event related to any of the squares, I do see results because of pushing through.

riveradove

I too would delineate one T square, focused on Mars, as per the following:
Mars sq Neptune Mars sq Jupiter/Jupiter opposition Neptune (for me, maximum aspectual orbs for squares, oppositions = 5 degrees)

Thanks dr. farr for your response! Okay, I feel better with mega-T square as opposed to eight. Not that having a lot of T squares would make me sad; it would just make me feel overwhelmed. :joyful:

I will take a second look at the aspects that you stated between Mars, Neptune, and Jupiter. Also, orbs; definitely gotta research more so my chart will be a little easier to read (and shock-free) next time I look at it.

Last edited:

riveradove

Recast at home with tight orbs, I'm not seeing even a single T-square (bec the 4.x-ish loose oppo between transpersonals -Jup and Nept- is deferable, in my working orb approach, until all 17 tighter major and minor aspects are considered.

Even if acknowledged first, such transpersonal oppo, being about 8 x looser orbed than such T-square's tightest aspect (Mars 90 Jup) would seem to greatly skew the configuration towards dominance of that 90 and, therefore, render it classifiable more as a "leaky" T-square than one in which all three aspects are equally strong.

Krewster,

First off, thank you for your response as well as your point of view. I can definitely breathe a little easier. It's interesting that in your point of view, you don't see one. And if there was a configuration that resembles a T-square, it's loose and, in a sense, off. So instead of having multiple T-squares, my chart is basically a moth using its "wings" (aspects) to pretend to have T-square configurations (at a glance, of course), when in reality when you look closer, it has none. Oh goodness. :lol:

waybread

Well, the thing about orbs is, you know it if you feel it. Also, check your declinations, which you can get off the extra data tables at Astrodient. Planets at the same degree and both at north or both at south of the equator are called parallels, and act as conjunctions. Planets at the same degree but with one north and one south are counter-parallels and act as oppositions. Any of these in the mix will strengthen the idea of planets in-harness.

For example, my moon is 10 degrees off the conjunction with its nearest neighbour, but they are both parallel as well as parallel with a third planet, so that strengthens what otherwise might look like a questionably wide orb.

riveradove

Ah, I see. Wow, definitely a change after finding and equating the declinations to the rest of my chart. Thanks for letting me know about the declinations.

Krewster

You can use the moth wing image if helpful (i.e., if you break it down to identify which wings have substance and which are mere feathers).

or you could reduce the orbs and many of those red lines will disappear.

riveradove

You can use the moth wing image if helpful (i.e., if you break it down to identify which wings have substance and which are mere feathers).

or you could reduce the orbs and many of those red lines will disappear.

The latter will do; moth wings tend to get messy, hahaha.