Test yourself! Known results exams horary

wintersprite1

Premium Member
The eve before my daughter was to take her exams to get a GED, I wondered how she was going to do. She was homeschooled for 5 years and then did online highschool for a year, and she did real well, but I worried anyway, true to my Cancer Moon. So, I asked the question: Will R pass the tests? Note that it is me that is asking, so her significator would be the Lord of the 5th house. I will give the answer in a week or so

I included two charts, as many prefer not to have the confusion of the outer planets in the chart, and others use them in delineations.

TK

Attachments

• _will_rachael_pass_the_tests.gif
    _will_rachael_pass_the_tests.gif
    50.9 KB · Views: 58
  • No outers_will_rachael_pass_the_tests.gif
    No outers_will_rachael_pass_the_tests.gif
    47.6 KB · Views: 54

Vista

The eve before my daughter was to take her exams to get a GED, I wondered how she was going to do. She was homeschooled for 5 years and then did online highschool for a year, and she did real well, but I worried anyway, true to my Cancer Moon. So, I asked the question: Will R pass the tests? Note that it is me that is asking, so her significator would be the Lord of the 5th house. I will give the answer in a week or so

I included two charts, as many prefer not to have the confusion of the outer planets in the chart, and others use them in delineations.

TK

Yes she will. She is the 5th house, her turned 1st. Her 9th house of education is ruled by Moon and it's approaching a conjunction to Jupiter. Also, Moon and Mars, her ruler have a mutual application of a trine AND Mars is applying to the POF.

Anachiel

I'd say definitely, "yes" for the following reasons:

The Moon rules her knowledge (9th from 5th) and is exalted. It is applying immediately to Jupiter, the lord of the unturned 9th, which would be the exam (since it isn't personally her exam, it is AN exam).

Also, Mars, her significator, applies to conjunction of Fortuna whose despositor is Mercury, lord of the turned 11th in mutual reception (mixed) with Mars.

I can only see good here. No afflictions at all.

dr. farr

I am surprised, but the Walis Magic 8 Ball divination method gives only a maybe answer:
-subject = 5th whole sign house (child of querent) = Scorpio
-examination house = 9th from the 5th (= Cancer)
-Cancer = Moon which, according to the 8 Ball "rules", indicates a "maybe" answer (in other words, the 8 Ball is non-commital)

I would have gone with our friends here and given a "yes" answer, except for this 8 Ball "maybe" indication, AND ALSO because (outside of the 8 Ball divination)-Rachel's significator (Mars) is in a pitted (blocked) degree of Virgo; with the 8 Ball equivocation coupled with finding Rachel's significator in a pitted degree, I would have said that I cannot give a solid yes or no answer to this question (so for me I am saying, "maybe"-which is not much of an answer:andy:!)

wintersprite1

Premium Member
Everyone got the correct outcome, yet there is so much more to this horary. Over and over on the forum, readers are asked to read one chart after another about the same subject, and we always say, look to the first chart.... and like that advice, looking at the chart tells a whole story.

I originally got to the same place as Dr.Farr... could go either way. I finally decided, it was a yes for my question, but showed a lot of setbacks for Rachael.

Someone off line suggested I should use the first house for her, making her the Moon. That technique is usually used if the Querent has nothing at stake in the question. I had much at stake, so that was no option.

I am the Moon, lord of the 1st house. The Moon is exhault at 3 degrees in Taurus. The next aspect is to Jupiter, the lord of the 9th. One large motivation for me asking is the home schooling environment. I was afraid that I could have let her down, and here would be the proof of the pudding. A very easy and dignified yes... the sigh of relief. Then I looked at her Significator (as did Dr. Farr) and there is Mars Retrograde. (personally, I thought the POF was too far for a conjunction, but they were both in the 3rd house) ... I asked about the exams, not because it was a learning situation, but instead the need for documentation to enter post secondary school. I took the turned 3rd for documents and it is Saturn (exhault) but Retrograde.... and no real aspects happening. Since I took the significator the Moon, I chose not to use it to answer the question alone. Being that again it was an issue with a document, I looked at Mercury. Mercury is in Detriment being in Pisces.

I am giving the conclusion and see if others find something I may have overlooked.

This is a Mercury nightmare :) First, she popped in and took the first 2 tests, she passed the math by one question. The following day went she went in, the person administrating the tests told her she needed a photo ID to continue and the rest were indefinitely postponed. Another Mercury back slide, she had to turn down all her Facebook Congratulations and say it was postponed. A few days later I take her to the DMV (Dept of Motor Vehicles) to get her an ID. I check online and they say that the closest one to me can provide the service. We get there and they say no, the other one across town does that. We went home. A few days later, I send her on a bus to meet up with my sister as it was close to her home. Once inside, the clerk asks for a Birth Certificate... which was not on the online list of what was needed. A few more days, and we make another try. It took 4 hours, but we get the ID started, and get a temporary ID. She makes an appointment at the testing center explaining the Temp ID and they say it is all good... HA! They sent her back home. She waited 2 weeks for it to arrive in the mail. It took another week to get an opening. She was dropped off by a friend, then is frantically trying to get home, because the first time in years, they changed the bus schedule and she had no way home.

She passed.... I think My moon being satisfied with Jupiter said it upfront, but her drama was in the chart.
The setbacks also caused her to enroll a month later for her vocational school.

TK

dr. farr

Seems that the Mars pitted degree refered to the blocks and other difficulties you mentioned, above; possibly also in the result of Rachael having to be delayed for 1 month in her vocational school enrollment. The pitted Mars, indicated these setbacks and difficulties for her (in my opinion)

Notice that IF the first house (whole sign), under Cancer, had been taken for Rachael, we would indeed have gotten a clear "yes" answer to the question, but would not have gotten any hint about the difficulties and delays which did in fact occur (ie, as largely hinted at by the Rachael significator Mars in a pitted degree finding using the 5th house/Scorpio as Rachael's signifying house)
...eg...
-if we took the 1st house to = Rachael = Cancer = Moon
-then 9th for the examinations which = Pisces which = Jupiter (Note: had the chart been looked at this way, the Magic 8 Ball divination would have given a yes answer, ie 9th = Pisces = Jupiter = a yes answer by the 8 Ball rules; rather than the maybe answer we got from the 8 Ball, looking at the chart in the other way)
-so, we then find Moon in its exaltation (in Taurus) = +, applying to conjunction with quesited Jupiter = +, both significators up in the 11th whole sign house of friends, gains and the Good Spirit = +, both significators flowing toward the Part of Fortune = +, with the dispositor of the POF, ie, Mercury, posited in the quesited house (examination house, 9th whole sign house) = +, and flowing toward Jupiter = +
ALL + testimonies regarding the examination outcome!!

...but at the same time, no hint of the attendant difficulties, delays, setbacks, involved in the matter either!

So, although it caused me to only give a maybe answer, I believe that the CORRECT way of looking at this horary, was in fact what we did, ie, taking the querent as 1st house, and the subject of the question, daughter Rachael, as the 5th (with the quesited examination house, as 9th from the 5th)