Moon Square Venus in Natal Chart

C0rnholio

There is a new and very cool AstroClick® Love thingie at Astro.com. I found the best description of how a natal chart Moon squaring Venus plays out in love relationships:
Moon Square Venus
s_mo.18.gif
s_squ.18.gif
s_ve.18.gif

At times you may have conflicting styles in love, so that you are physically attracted to a partner who does not suit you emotionally, but you are not sexually excited by someone whom you get along easily with.

To resolve this dilemma, you can take one of two approaches: either learn to get along with someone you desire, or learn to desire someone you get along with.

In time, you will learn to even out your tastes and find a lover who is satisfactory in all respects.
I've been living with this condition since 1973 :wink: Initially I was always sad when I desired someone but they did not desire me back. Then I just decided to have sex with whoever I get along with, but after a while it would always die out because I had no desire. Last year I tried to make myself desire someone who I got along with and with whom sex was good, but it backfired and I my Venus was p!ssed at me for several months. I think it's easier to learn to get along with someone who I desire because it only takes work and developing some skills, and not arm twisting and upsetting my Venus or Moon.

If you have this aspect in your chart, or know someone who has it, what has been your experience with it?

wintersprite1

Premium Member
I dated someone with this, a Gemini Moon and a Venus in Pisces. He was married (while I dated him) for over 20 years. He loved his wife very much but their love life didn't exist. I was not the only girlfriend he had, there were many others, but our relationship did grow to the point of "I love you" and the whole physical side spiraled into nothing.... and he had a wife to love at home, didn't need me anymore. Great guy really, and not behavior I would have tolerated with anyone else, but he actually was genuine. I think that is why his wife tolerated his wandering also, cause he always did return home.

TK

C0rnholio

I dated someone with this, a Gemini Moon and a Venus in Pisces. He was married (while I dated him) for over 20 years.
Shoot. I do not want to end up like this guy. We are like some freaking soul-mates. I have all the same indicators, a double-bodied Moon squaring a self-undoing Venus in the 12th house of clandestine affairs. Nice.

wintersprite1

Premium Member
You don't have to end up like this guy... you have your own choices to make. I think it was Rob Hand I read about this aspect, and he pointed out that you could make a relationship work if you worked at reconciling the two energies. Or to just pick which one you want to live with. My guy did the have your cake and eat it too route. Funny thing is, no one was really angry with him for it either.

TK (Hey your NN is hitting my Sun:cool:)

C0rnholio

Hey, nobody is angry at me either. I just do not want to be angry at myself over this. And I also want to eat a lot of cake!

Thanks for shining on my NN! :biggrin:

There is a new and very cool AstroClick® Love thingie at Astro.com. I found the best description of how a natal chart Moon squaring Venus plays out in love relationships:
I've been living with this condition since 1973 :wink: Initially I was always sad when I desired someone but they did not desire me back. Then I just decided to have sex with whoever I get along with, but after a while it would always die out because I had no desire. Last year I tried to make myself desire someone who I got along with and with whom sex was good, but it backfired and I my Venus was p!ssed at me for several months. I think it's easier to learn to get along with someone who I desire because it only takes work and developing some skills, and not arm twisting and upsetting my Venus or Moon.

If you have this aspect in your chart, or know someone who has it, what has been your experience with it?

I thought this was excellent and a 'keeper' thanks for sharing and explaining how it panned out in your life. I may use the link/thread in future :love:

Amy Vir Sn Ari Mn Pis Ris

I have moon square venus. Aries Moon, Venus in Cancer. I want to nuture and care for those I love....but I also want adventure! All the while NOT having to fear their lack of committment. When I commit, I commit. But that doesn't mean I'm dead to fun either. I love my share of excitement. My rationale is just to keep my relationship exciting without creating emotional drama. I'm actually OK with it. The trick is finding the fella that's also OK with it. lol

My x husband of 25 years had Sun in Aries square Moon in Cancer. So our squares worked for us.

C0rnholio

Haha! Thanks, Amy. My Moon in Sag and Venus in Virgo want someone who is fiery, fun, active, curious, adventurous, sexy and good in bed, while at the same time beautiful, feminine, neat, clean, and perfect in most other respects. Yeah, and smart too. Oh, and they should also need my help with something, so that my Venus in Virgo feels useful and occupied. But they should also be strong, independent and self-directed, and be able so stand their own when needed, and not require me to be doting on them 24/7.

I can relate to the Virgo wanting to meet a need for them COrnholio. I have 3 planets in Virgo. I am happiest helping others. I have always worked in service fields.....first job at age 14 working in a daycare perfectly suited my Venus in Cancer in the 5th house. 2nd job was at an Advertising agency, then retail sales and since 1987 the medical field.

I've been a bit of a fish outta water since my kids grew up as I am soooo family or OTHER oriented. I've lived alone for 4 years now and haven't been able to fulfill that desire to care for others within the home. I can also relate to wanting that fire. My Aries moon almost demands it. But they need some stable earth in there too. I think that was the difficulty with my x husband....no earth. I WAS his stability when we should've been that for each other.

Really I think men and women want the same things. We all want that person we want to desire passionately and the all important them also passionately wanting us. That's the stuff TV shows are made of. lol.

njmfff

Last year I tried to make myself desire someone who I got along with and with whom sex was good, but it backfired and I my Venus was p!ssed at me for several months. I think it's easier to learn to get along with someone who I desire because it only takes work and developing some skills, and not arm twisting and upsetting my Venus or Moon.

Then I pi..ed my Venus for ... 20 years? :love:
I don't have natal Venus square Moon, but I guess my Venus is still angry with me. :lol: Never used a girl, but hey, if I am single, she's single and attracted to me, after few beers it's not all that bad. :pinched: Some of these relationships worked out for me, some not. Sometimes you become attracted to a girl, even if you don't feel anything about her at first. NOw I am in love with someone and I can't figure out how she likes me. Karma is The @5^**& I guess! :annoyed:

wintersprite1

Premium Member
I am just musing out loud and wondering a few things.

Have any of you done a persona chart on the planets? I find I am attracted to Gemini's (it is the 5th house lord... and may be that is why) When looking up my Moon and Venus, they are both Gemini Suns. The Venus' Sun is in Gemini and is the same degree as the guy I mentioned above's Moon in Gemini.

Also with those you may have had something working out, could the midpoints of the Venus and Moon conjunct another's chart? Interestingly, the guy above again, had his midpoint on his BML.

And finally.... have you looked at yours and or a partners antiscions? (For those that may need explanation of antiscions a blog I wrote about them

Okay, and finally... how about mutual receptions with the other person? Your Moon in Sag and their Jupiter in Cancer? Even if using Triplicity, Term and Face, or even decants?

Stuff to think about.... :andy:

TK

That's interesting Wintersprite....this Antiscion. I am Virgo Sun with Aries moon. My x husband was Libra rising while I am Pisces rising. THO the case could also be said that I'll get along with Libra risings because of my Aries moon. Still...I'll start paying attention!

Now, where's the easy program that figures it for me!? lol. Yes, I know you recommend we learn it ourselves. I love the cheater programs tho. lol.

C0rnholio

Amy -- Profession-wise (off-topic, sorry!), my Venus in Virgo in 12th works in a research lab. My Moon in Sag in 3rd has two jobs - drives cars for a large company full-time and runs a small racecar parts business part-time. My Mercury in Cancer in 10th writes short cute test report for that research lab. My Mars in Aries likes to do smoky tire burnouts. And my Sun in Leo in 11th loves to show off in cool cars that others can only dream of. :-D

Skillcoil -- Thank you for the tip! Sags, if physically attractive, are the easiest for me to love. But they are usually a PITA to deal with and not very reliable. Venus in Sag also means that intimacy is not that close (read = not that good), unless there is a lot of water in their chart.

I noticed that those who are attracted to me always have personal planets in Aries (my 7th house cusp, and they trine or conjunct my Sun, Moon, Mars). For me they are also the easiest to get along with. But at the same time I find it the hardest for me to really love them back. Unless my Venus in Virgo is happy too there is simply no chance.

Wintersprite1 -- Your calculations are way over my head. I guess if I find a synastry that I cannot explain with simple aspects and composites then I might try more advanced stuff. But recently I have been having trouble finding "synastrious" relationships. Probably my fault, I live in the wrong part of the world for this sort of stuff.

Last edited:

Hey COrnholio...my oldest is a Sag rising with an Aries moon AND Venus in Aries....that'd be in your 7th house. She's 28 and a Taurus sun. But she's also getting married in June so it's too late for us to try and play matchmaker. :biggrin:

She's gorgeous even if it's a proud Mama bragging. lol.

Last edited:

C0rnholio

Hey COrnholio...my oldest is a Sag rising with an Aries moon AND Venus in Aries....that'd be in your 7th house. She's 28 and a Taurus sun. But she's also getting married in June so it's too late for us to try and play matchmaker. :biggrin:

She's gorgeous even if it's a proud Mama bragging. lol.
Hey, thanks, Amy! I've already been married to a Sag Rising with an Aries Moon and a Taurus Sun once. Her Venus was in Pisces though, right across from my Venus in Virgo. It lasted like whole 10 years or so.

Jeez! I wish your daughter had been born in the beginning of Taurus, then sex would have been ever better. As of now it is still awesome, but great communication between our Suns and Mercuries is slightly getting in the way of sex. Tell her it's still not too late to experience both! Our composite is pretty awesome too with a Sun/Mercury/Venus/Mars stellium in the 8th house. You have a good eye, you really know what's good for your daughter. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Ageus

I have Venus in Capricorn square moon in Aries. I find this conflict of finding people attractive in some ways but not others. I usually find ones which I am more physically attracted to are too high maintenance or prissy. Perhaps the Venus in Capricorn liking practical, which is easily turned off by 9 pairs of shoes or general excess of energy on fashion rather then function.

I find the moon in aries(fire in a water planet) has ongoing conflict in some way or other. Fire boils water. The moon relates to relations with women in ones life and I find this to be an apt description. My mum is a scorpio and me a sag(fire and water), I have much experience bringing her to a boil.

Weather its attraction between me and someone in a relationship or someone being attracted to me but me being put off by them, or just being attracted to girls who have issues, this fire water interaction seems to relate to conflict in my relations with women.

I am familiar with this different levels of attraction conflict and so tend toward prioritizing. I must find someone spiritually attractive, and if this is so then enough physical attraction and I will begin convincing my self that its worth it.

I have in past lives done the many lovers thing. Perhaps last time around I over did it cause I am averse to the idea this time. I see the value of a committed relationship as quite high, and do not want to compromise this with extra exploration.

Its hard to imagine finding a relationship that could be fulfilling on enough levels, but its even harder imagining juggling more then one.I would rather have one deep raltionship then several shallow ones. That old saying you either go deeper or you go wider.

Last edited:

Hey Ageus....I have that Aries moon and my Mom has 3 planets in Scorpio....Sun, Venus and Jupiter with her Sun smack in the middle. With Aries and Scorpio both ruled ruled by Mars..(traditional astrology)..I always thought my Aries moon did tell the story of my Mother. We have NEVER gotten along well...ever....which is really a shame because I value family but there's just some people in this world that we cannot get along with. I don't hate her because I've worked at it and believe hate hurts US and not the person we're angry with....so I have always said prayers for her (as I keep my distance).

And I have ALWAYS been blessed with a VERY loving relationship with both my natural daughters and my x step daughters. We end every conversation with I love you and have always been demonstrative with each other.

Go figure.

Claire19

I have moon square venus. Aries Moon, Venus in Cancer. I want to nuture and care for those I love....but I also want adventure! All the while NOT having to fear their lack of committment. When I commit, I commit. But that doesn't mean I'm dead to fun either. I love my share of excitement. My rationale is just to keep my relationship exciting without creating emotional drama. I'm actually OK with it. The trick is finding the fella that's also OK with it. lol

My x husband of 25 years had Sun in Aries square Moon in Cancer. So our squares worked for us.
It was really your Sun Moon conjunct in Aries and Moon Venus conjunct in Cancer that worked for you. THese are very good aspects for relationships.
I do agree that squares can be worked with and give strength.

Ageus

My thoughts on this are that with distance between the fire and water energy the water is kept hot and so easily boils the water. How ever if the fire and water energies keep close then the water keeps the fire cooled and at bay meaning it does not boil the water, but warms it.

This makes sense considering when I was younger and had less closeness with women(the fire sign in a water planet which relates relations with women), and also my difference in life style and beliefs from my mum creating distance between us, made it so when we did try to bridge the gap(discuss things we have differences over), the heat of the fire uncooled from the distance from water, boiled the water, or got my mum reactive which is of course contagious.

No that I have matured and have more connection with women and feminine energy I can keep my fiery energy cooled enough to no set her off. Mind you its easier to do that in shorter bursts, and the distance between us still makes it better to avoid many topics.

Moon in aries require a partner which can handle intensity, then my venus in aries is after practical and grounded.

I feel I've gotten off topic. So I can balance it by mentioning my venus in an earth sign(capricorn). This must be what has me not getting into many relationships, and more looking for "solid long standing and reliable relationships."

So I have the intense areis moon which require stimulation and excitement, then I have the venus in capricorn which is more serious and reserved, requiring partner with goals ambition and whose taking step towards them.

serafin5

Dear Wintersprite1:

I am fairly new to this site and reading what all you guys talkin about your Moons sq. Venus when I read you mentioned "persona" charts? I've never heard of them; would you care to elaborate or could you tell me where I can learn about them? I'd appreciate it!:biggrin:

A Scorpio Rising:ninja: