Mars conjunct Neptune

sethi

Hello skillcoil.

In my experience, i have found neptune to be the least effective from all the stars.

Uranus is very effective in some ways especially when it contacts your natal sun and gives very very undesirable results, for more than two weeks and its effects usually carry over for about a year or so.
Plutos placement shows it effect lightly.

Another point to note: In vedic astrology,they usually ignore these last 3 planets and calculate everything from the basic planets. chiron etc are also ignored.
A good vedic astrologer can give you such details which may never be got from a western astroger. But the thing is that you have to find a good astrologer. Otherwise he will give you incomplete detail.
Vedic astrologer makes a lot of charts too. like janum kundali, navamsa, satsamsa , hora , etc (hope my spelling is right). Western astrologer only makes the natal chart, and sometimes the progressed chart. Some believe in the solar return chart, but which i have not as yet found very useful.
________
HASH

Last edited:

m0ney*p0wer*re$pect

well i have a 12th house libra mars square capricorn neptune in the 3rd

i think mars-neptune can make for sexual frustration.

There is a tendacy to daydream and fantasize more often than not, a deep fear of rejection may occur and this can cause you to repress, the conjunction and trine are probably more easier to handle b/c they work together, yet with the hard aspects they may work against one another for two different purposes while one suffers

someone said something about venus conj. pluto having a feminine aura to it, i have that in scorpio but when you say feminine what do you mean exactly?

Mars-neptune in hard aspects takes a hell of a lot of work. It could mean acting out alot of your fantasies, or at least trying to. It can mean sex addiction, people of extreme natures. Dreams are limited and reduced when Neptune is in capricorn b/c they are practiced, acted out to see their worth. Like Nep. in libra or scorpio is more spritual, in capricorn is more about religion, the practice of spritual beliefs.

anyway, mars-neptune in tension can make for a man with a flawed view on masculinity, homosexuality, or simply oversexed. It makes for frustration b/c they have a view of masculinity dreamt up and when they feel inadequate in some way about their own, they become very repressive. Drugs can be seen as a way of releasing their inhibtions so they can act on mars. Neptune and mars is a sneaky and slightly underhanded aspect b/c true motives, agendas, and plans are hidden or desiguised in other forms.

My mars is in libra in the 12th square neptune in capricorn in the 3rd

So maybe the tension can come from deceptive siblings(Nep 3rd)who have caused me to, in some way sacrifice my masucline nature to keep them happy(12th house libra mars)

This one is big for me also b/c i was put on riddling and diagnosed with ADHD as a kid in elementary. My neptune is in the third, so i think it can indicate that early drug usage in elementary, and riddlin makes you repress energy, its sqaure my 12th house mars which shows what made it feel defeated early on and difficult to act on

Saturnian

I have this aspect too and from what I have read it's not only about sex,homosexuality and repression in that department.
Somewhere I read that these people have many faces for every person they associate.
In my case it is kind of true,since my behavior is very much influnced by the other person and it can range from shy,to serious,to happy-go-lucky,to very hyper,to happy,to boring etc. depending on the people I am meeting with,first time usually I meet them.

I am easily influenced by the other's opinions,beliefs,speech,movements and can sometimes adopt them too.

But what I have to say is that I have yet to see a positive description of this aspect since most of the ones I've come across have been kinda negative on the most part,and usually whatever is Neptune-related it is descripted by more negativity than others.

Joz

Here are Grant Lewi's interpretations, from 'Heaven Knows What'. Very insightful, and he picks up on qualities that many interpretations miss.
(Also Stephen Arroyo has a pretty spot on analysis of Mars/Neptune contacts)

Mars Conjunct Neptune:
The most powerful magnetic aspect in the horoscope. You have poise, charm, ability, power over people - and a determination to get ahead in the world that rarely fails to succeed. Your aims are definite, and your physical, mental, and intuitive powers work in unison to help you. You have a superstitious belief in many things including your own powers, and something of the magician hovers about you. Doors open at your word, men obey you, and the good things of the world come to you...

Mars Square Neptune:
This aspect accompanies spiritual thought and spiritual leadership and is found in the executives of the Church and of spiritual and occult organizations as well as occasionally among great military leaders who have an unusually magnetic personal hold over their men. It gives you a spiritual insight into the affairs of earth, and a practical viewpoint about ideas of heaven. You are conscious of the two worlds which are not separate entities to you but related and integrated parts of the same whole...

[deleted overly-long quotes against forum rules - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

Athene

I have this aspect too and from what I have read it's not only about sex,homosexuality and repression in that department.
Yeah right :annoyed: . .

Somewhere I read that these people have many faces for every person they associate.
In my case it is kind of true,since my behavior is very much influnced by the other person and it can range from shy,to serious,to happy-go-lucky,to very hyper,to happy,to boring etc. depending on the people I am meeting with,first time usually I meet them.
I think this
since my behavior is very much influnced by the other person
is much more accurate than the
these people have many faces for every person they associate
implying, is not a voloutary response, but instinctual.

But what I have to say is that I have yet to see a positive description of this aspect since most of the ones I've come across have been kinda negative on the most part,and usually whatever is Neptune-related it is descripted by more negativity than others.
That's unfortunately so true. I wish people wuldnt open their mouths to shout whatever's seem's flatering to their ego to state, cose in the process they often do much harm to others people self esteam . . . . and with basicly wrong informations.

Athene

I have nataly a 3d Capricorn Neptune squaring my 5th Piscean Mars. Mars is cj Venus but Venus not related to Neptune.

My sister has the Mars/Neptune conjunction in 11th Capricorn, with Neptune been retrograde.

In comparision, i can say while she was the smooth operandi type of Mars, i was labeled the more hectic one. In the same time mine energetic grip was very productive (in the abovely discussed N/M fashion), less aquiring but more affecting, while hers followed the opposite logic thus, seem's to me, leaving her in perpetual unsatisfaction with the results. Maybe the retrograde Neptune ? Phisically we're both very strong but she's eaven stronger than me, having around 5kg at the time of birth ! She was always outgoing, well liked, the type of collective glue persona, Mars in 11thand Jupiter in 1st, i suspect hitting AC, while i with my Pluto rising and squared Mars in 5th, less prone to exposion, neverthless, attracting all kinds of unwanted attention, very influential wen making my statement and especially, with my work (i'm a painter).

Personally i dont tend to se any given planetar energy as hating or repelling eachother, all of them are integral parts of the constuctive energetic field of the world, have their place and degrees of transition/transmutation. Nothing like out of the world discourse, but pretty much out of the human world and the way we systematize things.

I see Mars as the threshold where the personal energy shifts from the purely personal phisical space to the imanent envirovment. All that what can bee seen, heard, smelled, touched from that particular idividual comprimes the energetic signature of his planet Mars, as the energy h/she uses to state that 'i'm here'. Esentially, Mars is that share of energy we're releasing through our phisical mediums, injecting the energy into the phisical nets of our reality.

Neptune, as the energy that dosnt need a phisical medium to manifest itself dosnt fall under phisical laws neither, moreover, it's the dimension of embodyment energy freed from 'bodily form', and laws are indeed somewhat diferent here. Within the phisical in regard the spiritual, energy follows the reversed logic, having to be phisically manifested priori been internalyzed on the soul level, walking many steps till assimilation. With Neptune the process is reversed, there is where we drawn energy out of the individual and phisical and inserted it into the larger, conjoined, simultaneous expirence of reality. Neptune is what govern the colectively constructed consensus, rising as a net out of the energetic voltage that the critic mass of our spicies individual intents produce. It's the shared dream we have about life. No coincidence the symbol for Neptune been the mirror, the mirror mirrors back everything.

So we're thinking the consensus is for 6) Neptune throws acid onto Mars, making him melt?
I wuldnt call Neptune acidic, if anything i would give it a shot for been alkaline, lol :lol: His symbol is water, thre's no thing more non acidic than that in this world ! And water embraces every element of the phisical world. Neptune dissolves the structure, but not the essence :smile:

A word about the two aspects . . Conjunctions imlpy manifested- embodyed while squares the process of manifestation - embodyment, be it in the 'upper' or 'lower' world poeticaly speaking, depending on which logic of the above described is at work. They can be both positively or negatiely charged, with equal constructive or destructive potential, no doubt. The squares, traditionally token as 'bad', speak about highly engaged energy, in the fashion 'we have some series bussines to work'. Or somwhere along those lines. The square is symbolical speaking, a 'temple' or a 'house', it's not easy to build it, but once you do, you can live in it, and is a great asset :wink: :lol: The trick lays in choosing the right 'ground' which uppon to build it, if it isnt solid the 'house' will collapse, and the energy that isnt meant to be freeform but bound within a constructive, useful, individualized form, released causing havoc through the system.

AspieTaurus

But mostly affected people will be 1986 born, when Mars bacame stationary in Capricorn.
I'm one of those, Born in '86 and have Mars-Neptune in Capricorn.

This tidbit I found at Cafe Astrology fits me well:

Mars in Capricorn

With fiery Mars in the more orderly sign of Capricorn, natives with this position have a subdued and controlled style of approaching life. Most don't come across as particularly enthusiastic; rather, theirs is a low-key but determined energy. Mars in Capricorn natives like to be on top of things. They are generally goal-oriented and focused people who are not afraid of hard work. Most are achievers by nature, and many possess well-defined ambitions--well-defined to themselves more than anything. They're not particularly flashy people, but their drive to succeed and to make their lives secure is strong, even if it's not right out there for the world to see. Anger is expressed in a rather cool, level-headed way with this position of Mars. Self-control is strong when it comes to expressing anger, drive, energy, and sexuality. Capricorn is a sign that detests waste of any kind. It also fears disorderliness and "letting go". With Mars in Capricorn, there is generally a powerful need to stay in control.

This is not to say that natives of this position are cold in any sense of the word. Their desires are strong, but they are often centered around the physical and material world--all that can be seen and held. With Mars in an Earth sign, sensuality is expressed in an earthy way. However, unlike Mars in Taurus, for example, (another earth sign), Mars in Capricorn is not self-indulgent by nature. These people are usually quite disciplined. Capricorn possesses the ability to plan for the future--something that many other signs have difficulty doing. Mars in Capricorn natives are working toward realistic and attainable goals. They are productive people who get off when they see tangible results from their efforts. Many natives with this position are a little hard on themselves, and sometimes others. They usually can be relied upon because they have an innate sense of responsibility to both themselves and to those they care about. Most of them are very hard-working, and one of their strategies for anger management is to throw themselves even more energetically into their work!

65 Conjunction Mars - Neptune

His feelings are dominated by wisdom and geared towards the ideal. He likes water, sea voyages. He likes odd people.

Neptune in Capricorn

He is discerning, wise and sensible.
The bolded part made me laugh because my best friend is a gal with cerebral palsy. :lol:

MelissaM

I feel a very pisces person by having this neptune and mars conjunction in the 12th house in sag. I love the art and I have a tremendous sensitivity to music to an extreme that can cause on me all the extreme emotions possible. When listening to music, I am able to create an imaginary world in my mind, I can just write a book just by listening a certain song. Since I also have the black moon in the 12th house, I can see where the daydreaming comes from. In addition, by having this conjuction in my chart, I can see that I always wanted to be a person who can take action in whatever opportunity I have but then I feel that neptunian energy on me, making me reluctant to go on and just do it. Yoga as a sport, meditation and metaphysics, mythology (the imaginary world of Homer and other philosophers) are appealing to me. The film, movies all about artistic things are also appealing to me but I never could make it real, all these things are just a dream. I attracted men who have a certain problem in their life: maybe some kind of mental issue and very sensitive by heart, thus I think that all these come from this conjunction. Someday, I would be glad to write books and narrate all what is inside my mind and then draw and paint by expressing what is inside me, what I see around me since I am very observant of people and I can even read their mind by looking at their gestures, movements, their eyes...

Last edited:

Claire19

I'd be ecstatic if my mars and neptune weren't conjunct.

The orb is actually 8 degrees.

I still feel it.

I was considered sexy when I was younger. I have cappy rising and a pisces dwad though. I wonder if that might have anything to do with it.

I've got reddishness in my facial hair, that's for darn sure.

Some **** rosy cheeks, too.
Often with Mars involved there is a reddish pigment. I have dark hair but underlying auburn and freckle in the sun...

Bill Clinton for instance has Mars Nep conjunct ascendant and has rosecea, reddish flush to the skin often...

Munch

I have progressed Mars conjunct transiting Neptune and exactly trine my Natal pof which is exactly conjunct my progressed Asc.

I don't really know what to say except that I feel very mellow and much clearer than I have been in a long time. My compulsive and impulsive stabs at spirituality have stopped entirely and been replaced with a very sort of 'knowing.' I am not as easily ruffled.

But, I'm in the grip of soooo many heavy transits, I might have just stressed myself to the point of not being able to give a hoot anymore. Frankly, that's fine by me as well. :sideways:

joey1234

Here are Grant Lewi's interpretations, from 'Heaven Knows What'. Very insightful, and he picks up on qualities that many interpretations miss.
(Also Stephen Arroyo has a pretty spot on analysis of Mars/Neptune contacts)

Mars Conjunct Neptune:
The most powerful magnetic aspect in the horoscope. You have poise, charm, ability, power over people - and a determination to get ahead in the world that rarely fails to succeed. Your aims are definite, and your physical, mental, and intuitive powers work in unison to help you. You have a superstitious belief in many things including your own powers, and something of the magician hovers about you. Doors open at your word, men obey you, and the good things of the world come to you...

[deleted overly-long quotes against forum rules - Moderator]

I have Mars Conjunct Neptune in my 10th house of Capricorn.

I relate most to what Grant Lewi wrote about this aspect, as I am known to have tremendous amount of personal magnetism and charisma.
Oh, and I am a sex addict.