Pholus

Betelgeuse

Freedomlover said:
Also, are you saying that Pholus or Uranus (or both) have a 3-5 degree orb, as far as conjunctions?

I was talking about the proggression, when your ASC was applieng to conjunct your Pholus. And about Uranus it was just an example how Pholus can work in a similar nature ( it has it's unexpected nature which is kind of uranian similarity ), it doesn't have to be Uranus itself.;)

Freedomlover said:
I make charts of many of my "aha" moments. Nearly always Pholus is conjunct a planet in my natal chart. Pholus seems to be very active in my life - maybe because of it being conjunct my Progressed AC?

I believe Pholus influence began from birth, cause Pholus conjuncts a very karmical point ( the Lilith ), very near it it's the Moon. ASC adding to the proggressions might just intensify it's influence and you will fell it much more direct and present in your life now.

Belgianmoonguy

I think this asteroid is one of the most powerful ones in my chart...

He is @ 5°18' Taurus in 9,
in my Black Moon Lilith area,
opposed to my Pluto (2° Scorpio)
trine Neptune (2°12' Capricorn)
trine AC (7°47' Virgo)
sextile Sun (3°46' Cancer)
BiQuintile Moon (28°39' Virgo)
So he aspects a lot of my Planets

I think he has something to do in my chart with values (Taurus) and that it expresses itself in the area of higher education and travelling (9th house)

Am I right?

C1

Happy Solstice, everyone!

All's well, deep, liquid and clear ---

Space and Time
swerves

---we study the wise centaurs'
transformation.

Our learning curves.

Love,
C1

P.S.: I include this quote from Geraldine Hatch Hannon's book "Sacred Space" from a past post of mine. Now it's in black text that's more visible:

"The withdrawal of the goddess religions began in... age of Taurus (c.4125-1976 B.C.E.)--the age when matrifocal civilizations flourished....

[A]lthough goddess worship was suppressed, it still continued until the witch burnings of the Middle Ages, some twelve hundred years later. It was then that the Goddess and her earth-worshipping religions fully withdrew into the hidden subconscious of humankind's psyche. p.185

With this withdrawal of the feminine spirit, we have become a society [a global society?] lacking in daily ritual and spiritual sustenance...the patriarchy's need to show independence from and dominance of the GREAT MOTHER EARTH has left us behaving like irresponsible adolescents who partied and trashed our mother's house while she was away on a retreat...we must...experience the transcendence of the feminine's return--ecologically, politically, and spiritually

[and I add personally, emotionally, mentally, bodily and every which witchway!].

As we watch the extraordinary as well as frightening changes that are taking place during this transitional phase between ages, we can see just how pivotal these last two centuries have become by once again turning to the patterns of time created by the cycles of Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto.
As the vehicles for transpersonal energies, the outer planets alter and transform society's political and social structures as symbolized by Saturn....Neptune conjoins Pluto every 500 years or so, Uranus conjuncts Pluto approximatley every 125 years, while it meets Neptune once every 171 years....

Liz Greene often refers to Pluto as the power of matriarchal law: it pays no heed to the rules and order of patriarchal law.

Neptune is associated with feminism. Thus, when the two planets intermingle again in the twenty-fourth century, there may very well be a genuinely egalitarian society in place, with the feminine once again respected and honored. Perhaps it will be a society where battering, incest, and rape will seem as barbaric to its inhabitants as the Middle Ages with its witch burnings seems to us now."

peace,
c1

Yennefer

Greetings to all :)

I´ve found some bits of information on Pholus in my archives.

Pholus speaks of an emotional release; a release from those models, and into a new reality -- sometimes with breathtaking speed. It is the Centaur or rapid transformations. Its keynote is, "Small cause, big effect." Other planets and asteroids only emphasize the same theme. But the D-words associated with Neptune -- denial and drugs -- come in as strong themes as well. The chart cautions us not to take the wrong path, as there are two major options and a branching of the road indicated. You could say that one branch goes toward the past, and the other goes toward a future that is different from the past.

Pholus

Perhaps a sense of listlessness in life encourages one to eat too much or too little. Maybe even taking on alcohol or other substances as a substitute for contentment becomes the way one copes. The Centaur Pholus appears to remind us of what it is that actually lies beneath these physical urges to compensate or over-compensate in life.

Pholus appears at just the right time to remind people of the needs of spirit. While he signifies everything about food and drink, he also stresses the idea that all things intending to nurture our beings remain powerful ceremonies. Pholus indicates diet patterns, especially methods of cooking and even the type of diet including carnivorous or vegetarian ways. His attitude toward drink, most especially alcohol, insists that it be offered ceremoniously. The custom of toasting with wine (or whatever is the alcohol of choice) comes from Pholus. Blessing food symbolizes a Pholus thought. He represents use or abuse of all physical substances, alcohol being the most significant of his concerns.

Ultimately Pholus reminds us of the need to fill our daily lives with those things that are good - and only good - for us. He establishes awareness of necessary limits and requirements. He goes even further in that he offers the reminder (and often a stern one) that your daily routine must include your spiritual drill: saying grace, toasting, a daily meditation, smudging, ceremonial cleansing or whatever comes under his wise and watchful eye. Should things feel out of sorts, offer simpler, reverent acts every day. Watch the restlessness subside and the sense of well-being begin.

According to Greek mythology, the centaur (half man, half horse) Pholus had in his possession a jar of wine, which was a gift from Dionysus and common property of all the Centaurs. Pholus had kept the wine safe for three generations. Then Heracles, the great hero, visited Pholus one day and asked for some wine. Pholus, who was supposed to guard the wine, yielded to the pressure of this famous warrior in his presence and opened the jar. Other centaurs in the neighborhood became intoxicated with the smell. The result of it was a huge riot and chaos.

Pholus points to multigenerational issues. It tells us what we have taken on from our grandparents and great grandparents, including matters involving addiction and sacrifice.

Pholus has a way of making fast or even instantaneous transitions and healing processes whereas Chiron tends to makes slow ones. It's as if Pholus says: "Three generations? That's enough! You figured it out! Now you're free!"

Another article, describing Pholus as a "winged" planet:

http://www.expreso.co.cr/centaurs/essays/winged1.html

Love,
Yennefer;)

Innerdepths

This Asteroid astrology is new to me and I am trying to get to the meat and bones of this to find out more info and what this means in charts.

I have Pholus in Pisces at 1.41 Conjunct Venus in Pisces in the 10th.
Pholus is sqaure to my Jupiter/ Neptune Conj In Sag
Pholus is Sextile my Mercury in Taurus at 1.41 (Mercury is my chart ruler)

I have no clue what this means!

I have been searching the web for interps but have come up empty handed.

So far I'm catching on to this astrological fad - cause lately I've been seeing a whole lot of talk about Draconian Charts and Asteroids....

Thanx for your time!

ID

Neppy

Great thread

(oops, just realized that this is a very old thread...maybe we can wake it up again....:D :D :D :D :D hello)

Pholus and Chiron are both conj moon in my chart. I hope i wont meet hercules too soon.(just joking) I do think i have met him many times in my life already though.

can anyone help to try and interpret my conj of chiron 0`, pholus 3´ and moon 4´ aquarius 3rd h (opp uranus and square sun/nep...T-square)

neppy

Shokk

Neppy said:
Great thread

(oops, just realized that this is a very old thread...maybe we can wake it up again....:D :D :D :D :D hello)

Pholus and Chiron are both conj moon in my chart. I hope i wont meet hercules too soon.(just joking) I do think i have met him many times in my life already though.

can anyone help to try and interpret my conj of chiron 0`, pholus 3´ and moon 4´ aquarius 3rd h (opp uranus and square sun/nep...T-square)

neppy
ooh, I too have Pholus and Chiron conjunct, but the moon isn't involved and it's taking place in the 1st house.

Neppy

Hi Shokk

Nice to meet a fellow pholusian.:)

I found this about Pholus in the 1st house:
"This is a position of the cosmopolitan mind. Pholus on the ascendant or in the first house marks a mobile and unregular life "

Are you a cosmopolitan type? What are you aspects to this conjunction?

I have Pholus conj to my Solar return ruler this year and jiii...life has really become unstoppable .....never seen anything like it, but its fun at the same time:p

Neppy

FleetingDasein

Interesting thread.

I have Pholus in Gemini, in the 3rd house and it trines Venus. I already have Venus square Neptune. I'm quite borderline when it comes to the affairs of the heart.

III. Briefs such as this analysis, quick schedule builders, blitz interviews and a sense of overall improvisation with Pholus in third.

I do like to improvise.

There's so little on Pholus online :(

Nexus7

I would certainly like to know more about these bodies. Pholus is at 9 Aquarius for me, roughly on the midpoint of Venus/Moon and then Moon/Chiron, but I am sure you would not give an orb like this wide orbs. I hear someone call Pholus 'Chiron on meth' but then Eric Francis also suggests that Nessus apcts like a dodgier cousin of Pholus. Either way, it then ends up seemingly describing a point of vulnerability that may turn serendipitous.

The best I can come up with there is that I do like to court serendipity when wpoking on certain kinds of artwork.

Neppy

Pholus Eccentricity

Pholus with its very high eccentriciy, has a very wide and open view of life. He recognices no walls, no boundaries and will work against conditionings so that the bounded planets are faced with a smile or with laughter. He is always out and considers himself unbounded by saturns conventions or by Uranus rejection of those conventions.
Just as Chiron is considered as an astrological key to Saturn and Uranus, so Pholus is the key to Neptune. Pholus bridges us towards the light, which is a paradox because light is supposed to be in the sun.....but by being so "wild" and reaching so far away from the Sun, it has a freedom that the other solar orbits dont have. And it is because of this freedom that its orbital flight resembles a bird, which are able to fly away to the heights where in freedom they are closer to the source of life.

Neppy

more about Pholus

According to first astrological observations, Pholus gives unusual ability in a partivular area, or unexpected results due to a gift for experiment.

Pholus transits over the main axes of the chart, often mark radical and sudden changes, unexpected changes. It intensifyes the natal points and bring sudden insights, starting unusual courses of action with unpredictable consequenes.

Neppy

Pholus keywords
Category: Life

Pholus keywords: Awakening, freeing, release...

release from situations, this opening to new possibilities and emerging into new states of existence.

fast.moving changes, or rapid transformations, typically initiated by ones own action.

something as simple s curiosity or chance encounter may start the chain of events. One quality of Pholus experinece is " I would never have done that if I knew what i was getting in to.......but I´m glad I did."

A small gesture that leads to something large, a minor project that becomes ones life work, an experience that takes on a life of their own, leading to many developments......that is Pholus.....!

When something gets out and you cant get it back...(like riots..)
...or you make one change and it cascades into a series of other developments.

"Pholus is an Emphasizer

Shokk

"When something gets out and you cant get it back...(like riots..)
...or you make one change and it cascades into a series of other developments."

Hmm, I was messing around with calculating arabic parts on a site I found today and discovered that my "Part of Tragedy" is 15 minutes from being in exact conjunction with Pholus.
So it reminded me of this thread (although there's question as to the significance of Arabic Parts in astrology), and now I can't help but worry that some sudden tragedy will befall me at some point in life, I.E. a single decision that leads to an immeasurable multitude of woes.

Zane is the expert on the centaurs. i would just add that as Pholus was the one who stuck himself in the arm with the poisoned arrow, i believe he rules the needle.​

Last edited:

Bjorkstrand

Pholus is 185 km in diameter. No centaur that small is going to have any influence whatsoever. Next you are to be using an object the size of a house.
Get real please.

Jim