The Astrology of Myers-Briggs Personality Types

dee28

Hello,

I was listening to a lecture presented by Katya Walter, who has written several rather unusual books including the "Double Bubble Universe".
She said that the least used preference on the Myers-Briggs is the one that is closest to the soul and the one that needs development.
It makes sense when I look at my chart. I have tested as both INTP or INTJ. Very high preference for I and mod for T. I have Asc in fire (need to develop E)? No planets in water but have all personal planets in water houses (need to develop F)?

She also said that the P and J preferences are the last to develop and that if you score near the middle, that is a good sign for maturity. Good for me!

Ms Walter is a bit odd but interesting.

JasonLA

I found Kersey's four types very useful in understanding personalities. Recently I also saw some other research on aidmypath - very, very useful, too.

Rebel Uranian

All the psych people I know say our personality doesn't change and we're born with it the way it is, although it is normal for the scores to change a ton, i.e. being in school might make you think more and get a higher T score or change from an F to a T. I-E probably shifts the least if you're being honest on the test, but that's just from my highly I experience so don't listen to me.

Love2Know

All the psych people I know say our personality doesn't change and we're born with it the way it is, although it is normal for the scores to change a ton, i.e. being in school might make you think more and get a higher T score or change from an F to a T. I-E probably shifts the least if you're being honest on the test, but that's just from my highly I experience so don't listen to me.

Social experiences can have a big impact on personality formation. Hmmmmmmm
- ps everything makes a hater mad! Haters always hate-innn ahahha

Rebel Uranian

They can have an absolutely tremendous impact on how we behave, think, etc. but personality is temperament and that doesn't change.

A hatter is someone who makes hats, not to be confused with a hater which is someone who is gonna hate. 'S a skeptical signature once you get it.

Love2Know

They can have an absolutely tremendous impact on how we behave, think, etc. but personality is temperament and that doesn't change.

A hatter is someone who makes hats, not to be confused with a hater which is someone who is gonna hate. 'S a skeptical signature once you get it.

OH hatter, Hmmmm start making hats with mercury in the process... again.....
ANyways, Yeah I am not sure about that I think that social situations can mold one's temperament. Like I used to be really angry and cynical till I was hunted down by a pack of wolves. This was after surviving a horrible plane crash. I finally realized life is precious....

Rebel Uranian

"In psychology, temperament refers to those aspects of an individual's personality, such as introversion or extroversion, that are often regarded as innate rather than learned."

Wikipedia

I used to think I was an extravert who became an introvert until I realized I was just misunderstanding a lot of things people said :p I've also heard people think that these various traits can change a few times. They can appear to change, but they don't. For a few examples and reasons...

~Know-it-all Uranian

Last edited:

Love2Know

"In psychology, temperament refers to those aspects of an individual's personality, such as introversion or extroversion, that are often regarded as innate rather than learned."

Wikipedia

I used to think I was an extravert who became an introvert until I realized I was just misunderstanding a lot of things people said :p I've also heard people think that these various traits can change a few times. They can appear to change, but they don't. For a few examples and reasons...

~Know-it-all Uranian

I think you can become more extroverted and more introverted... and ultimately I agree it is nature and nurture, so you can be born with it but it can be shaped into something else.

Rebel Uranian

You can become more shy (appearing introverted) or less shy (appearing extraverted, by the way the a is in the Latin root and Jung's spelling, there is no Latin word "extro"). You can also be timid in social settings due to being sensitive and if you manage that you can appear more extraverted. We also do have to learn to socialize and certain factors can disrupt this, such as hard parental (especially maternal) relationships. Introverts can also be coerced (or nicely persuaded, but coerced sounds cooler and is probably more what the introvert is feeling) into being more social. Introverts are also on average just as good as extraverts at things like public speaking, performing, etc.

Somewhat off-topic:

"The extravert is the person 'who goes by the influence of the external world--say society or sense perceptions' (303). Jung also claims that 'the world in general, particularly America, is extraverted as hell, the introvert has no place, because he doesn’t know that he beholds the world from within' (303). The introvert 'goes by the subjective factor....he bases himself on the world from within...and...is always afraid of the external world....He always has a resentment' (303)."

Last edited:

Madraykin

hmmmm...

well i am an ISTP(or an ISFP its somewhat conflicted)
introverted-sun scorpio, moon pisces, saturn 12th house
sensing-sun scorpio & moon pisces?, mars square pluto( for physical)
thinking-mercury square uranus, venus virgo, sun conjunct mercury square uranus
perceiving- mercury in libra 7th house,
if thinking is instead feeling my moon and sun sign plus sun square neptune probably have something to do with it

dee28

I'm another person with strong fire. Stellium Sun, Saturn, Mercury, Venus as well as Asc in Aries. Moon in Sag with no planets in water. Ruler is in Taurus. All of the MB tests have very strong I and N although the I has moved a bit toward the center over the years. I think that perhaps the strong I is because stellium is in 12th house and although I am a mostly a happy, friendly, outgoing person , I need a lot of solitude and obtain information from my own thoughts. I am still learning astrology but I certainly can see that the entire chart must alway be considered.

4star.gif
ThumbsUp.gif
ThumbsDwn.gif
I don't like myself, I'm crazy about myself” Mae West

dee28

Thanks for the info. rainbow ruse is interesting and may be possible although I believe I'm probably a non-shy introvert. It's difficult to reconcile the strong introvertion with all of the fire and cardinal energy.
Maybe when I learn more I'll get it.

Rebel Uranian

I actually have learned a relative lot and I still don't get my own high introversion (I used to not even know I was an introvert, but that's beside the point.) Do you like to go to parties? Does socializing take energy for you or give energy to you?

labelledujour

I'm an INFJ

Introverted: I have ruler of my Cap Asc, Saturn, in the 12th house, along with Uranus and Neptune.

iNtuitive: Maybe my heavily aspected Scorpio Moon is at fault for that, especially the sextile with Saturn and conj with Pluto.

Feeling: Maybe my Moon trine Mercury in Cancer helps, along with the fact I'M a Cancer.

Judging: Mostly my singleton and least aspected 5th Jupiter in Gemini.

wan

INFP...healer variant.

Aries ascendant, Leo sun, scorpio moon. lots of fire, only one water (my moon) yet strangely i am an introvert? que?

but i can be very outgoing online though...so i am not sure. in real life I am not exactly shy either, as in, if you talk to me, I will talk to you. I also don't shy away from initiating small talk with people. If there is a group of people gathered talking about stuff, I will shuffle up to them and join in on the fun. But at the end of the day, I still prefer solitude to groups of people. like one of the posters above me said, I am a non-shy introvert.