Little boy big changes

deanna

remove please

Here is the chart and I will offer my analysis shortly:

Last edited:

Anachiel

I'd like to see how you see this chart since you have been pondering it since March.

Here is what I see: You and your child are represented by Mercury which, is oddly detrimented and retrograde in regards to this question. Mercury isn't even going anywhere in particular since Mercury is aspecting nothing so public school looks like the wrong place to be.

The only aspect the Moon makes is to an opposition of Saturn.

I can't say moving forward on this matter looks promising; the matter being going to public school.

The indications in this chart regarding your child going to public school do not look great to me.

junoisuppose

I wasn't sure how to read this chart, so I'll just say everything I see and hope that some of it is helpful to you.

The main problem was I wasn't sure whether to put you as 1st house or 7th house.

If we put your son as 1st house he is in the 11th with his friends. Also with moon and sun, a man and a woman, which could be your mother and brother?

Mercury is retrograde, which in horary can mean "going back" to an earlier situation. This could mean going back to his previous school or it could mean going back over a decision you previously made.

If we take the 3rd house to be your son's present school then that is ruled by the moon. In this chart it is combust, being next to the sun. Currently mercury is conjunct the moon, it is moving away, but when it turns direct again it will go back to conjunct the moon.

The moon is coming up to conjunct uranus. We're not supposed to look at uranus in horaries, but I always do. So there will be some change, either regarding a woman signified by the moon, or in regard to the school itself. I don't know how relevant this event will be to the overall answer.

The new school would be the 3rd of the 3rd, the 5th house. This is ruled by virgo, perhaps signifying that a public school would be more utilitarian than the nurturing cancerian school he is in now. This is ruled by mercury, mercury already comes into play as the significator of the 1st so this is one reason why this chart confused me.

The only planet in the 5th house is saturn, although it is very close to the end of the 5th house. This could mean austerity and harshness in the new school, it could also come into play as the ruler of the 8th house, which is either other people's money, or if you are signified by the 7th, your money.

It could also signify that your concerns when you drew up the chart were your responsibility to your child and problems in that area.

Saturn is inconjunct mercury. Inconjuncts in horaries signify to me that a person is undecided. This shows that you are in 2 minds about the option to move to the new school. If your son is signified by mercury he would also be in 2 minds about it.

Generally in my experience when I've had inconjuncts influencing me I have either decided not to do that thing, or I have done it and it has turned out not to be a good thing.

The sun and the moon are square pluto in the 8th and inconjunct saturn, ruler of the 8th. This shows that the sun and the moon are not happy about the 8th house matter, but I am not sure whether the 8th house signifies your money, or getting some financial help from somewhere else, perhaps asking someone else for money.

The end of the matter, the 4th house, is ruled by leo. So it will be decided by the sun, whatever that signifies. Perhaps it represents you as mother of the gemini student or perhaps a significant man or a significant leo.

You've also got neptune and chiron in the 10th. That could mean illness of a parent or it could mean loss of a job. I don't mean to scare you. It might not mean any of those things since they aren't the focus of the horary. But in my experience they have meant those things.

The moon also rules the 2nd house, so when it reaches uranus (after 2 days, 2 weeks or 2 months using Noel Tyl's system of predicting timing) you could have an unexpected change in income.

Also my mum always told me with mutable ascendants it means that the situation is "in flux" and the situation could change.

dr. farr

(Following is not in accordance with standard horary practice and uses whole sign house format)

Even though the SN is on the ascendant, I shall delineate this chart because the subject matter of the chart is all about the 5th house (querent's child)

-son = 5th house = Libra = Venus
-school = 9th house = Gemini = Mercury
+SN is in the 9th house = a definitely NO answer to this question
(notice also that son significator, Venus, is flowing away from school significator Mercury which is retorgrading away from Venus: also = - testimony)

Ishwara

(Following is not in accordance with standard horary practice and uses whole sign house format)

Even though the SN is on the ascendant, I shall delineate this chart because the subject matter of the chart is all about the 5th house (querent's child)

-son = 5th house = Libra = Venus
-school = 9th house = Gemini = Mercury
+SN is in the 9th house = a definitely NO answer to this question
(notice also that son significator, Venus, is flowing away from school significator Mercury which is retorgrading away from Venus: also = - testimony)

Dr. Far,

Why the 9th for a primary school, instead of the 3rd? Is that specific to the system you're using?

dr. farr

I follow the older (mostly Islamic era) horary and use the 9th house as significator for educational institutions (schools) in general (whether grade school or university level)

deanna

Just a note:
I just got word that the public schools that I put my sons name down for he did not get (waiting list) so it is private or some other school I will have to look at.
My little boy says thank-you for all your wisdom and input.

Here he is last weekend at a dog walk for the humane society
Aries Sun/Cancer Asc./Aquarius moon.

Last edited:

dr. farr

That 29 minute ascending degree is even too early for me to attempt to delineate (and I'll go down as far a 1 degree ascending!!) This too early ascendant (most who practice standard horary take a 3 degree ascendant as too early!!) suggests that the question is, for some (Cosmic) reason, premature; indications would be to wait a few weeks and re-ask this same question (Note: for me, I would say wait a few days and re-ask, but unless absolutely urgent, a week or 2 might be a better length of time to wait before re-asking)

tikana

Deanne

answer is NO!

Your child is Jupiter 5th house ruler - fits the description
school is 3rd house - venus
no aspect
from moon to venus
nor from venus to jupiter
i think your child will stay in current school
T

Anachiel

It has already been answered but just to drive the point home: No

ASC is early, Saturn is retrograde on he ASC and the Moon void. Ugh. This is not the right direction.

dr. farr

-querent's son = 5th whole sign house = Capricorn = Saturn
-possible new school = 9th from the 5th = Virgo = Mercury
-Saturn is in exaltation
-Mercury flows toward Saturn and Saturn retrogrades toward Mercury = + testimony
-Moon flows toward Mercury (+), Moon flows away from Saturn (-) = net neutral testimony
Results: net +1, so indications are somewhat positive for consideration of enrolling your son in the new school; son's significator, Saturn, being in exaltation, indicates (to me) likelihood that he would be happy there.

Anachiel

I know you have a lot going on but, I have to ask to be clear about something. Is this new chart an event chart or did you specifically ask a horary question? If so, what was your horary question and is this chart for that specific time?

The reason I ask is because in the new chart your son is now signified, oddly, by Saturn. That really doesn't describe him from all that we have looked at on this particular thread concerning your matters with the schools. I mean, it is possible but, I need to be sure what kind of chart we are dealing with here, please.

deanna

many thanks for all your help!
I asked the question: I should enroll my son into this school and ran the chart.

I ran the chart after i got a phone call from the new school about enrolling my son. The only issue is $ for the new school.

The head teacher at his current school did a horrible thing she waited until yesterday to meet with me to tell me my son can't attend for the first grade. She said 'no room' which is not true..he has been going there for 2 years.
My son will be losing all his friends and a school that is right up the road. He is an only child with no extended family and his school is everything.

Now I have to scramble to figure out what where he will go in the fall..uggh!

Many thanks again for all your help!

Anachiel

OK, thanks for that clarification.

Let me just ask you, if you don't mind. Do you really want him to go to that school or is it just all that is left to do? I hope this doesn't seem too wierd of a question.

Anachiel

Yes, that makes sense about the $$. See, Saturn is right on your 2nd house and the Moon is about to oppose that. I can see that possibly becoming an issue later with this one.

This Moon oppose Saturn is the same aspect that was happening in the first chart that you asked about the public school. So, you are kind of right where you started from I can see.

Not all is bad however, as the Moon also is sextile to Venus, at the same time. Venus is in mutual reception with Mercury so, I think money would be tight but it would come through.

I'm just concerned about that Saturn oppose Moon aspect. It's not great, especially since the Moon rules the 11th in chart and your son's 7th and, on top of that, the Moon rules the general public. This is opposed to your son's significator Saturn so it could indicate he will not get along with the people/kids at this school.

I do hate to add to your concern. Do you have any other options?

dr. farr

From my perspective (an alternative one in horary)

1) Saturn (your son's significator) being in exaltation I consider very positive relative to your son in the new school

2) Saturn is in the 10th whole sign house (from your son's signifying house); 10th house is one of advancements, and your son's significator therein, and being exalted therein, I consider very favorable testimony.

3) Since the maximum orb for the Moon to be in opposition (ie, the orb which I follow) is 6 degrees, from my point of view there is no opposition between the Moon and Saturn in the reference chart.