Masculine/Feminine Signs - Do we attract what we lack in our own chart?

Munch

I find myself often times wondering the same thing... but I'm a modern astrologer I suppose, so I find the "masclune and feminine" to be more qualitative rather than quanitative. Though I cannot say that isn't truefor traditional astrology either. But these ideas aboutt he "genders" of masculine and feminine applied ot planets began somewhere with traditional astrology and served a purpose. I just don't think at any point it was about masculine and feminine completing each other, and thus explaining the reason why we might desire what we lack. Synastry in astrology seems pretty dead-set on "like attracts (and is good for) like." I found this cool psychological study which epxlores that, it appears form the study, reality that like attracts like: http://www2.psych.ubc.ca/~heine/docs/similarity.pdf

I would say based on my experience with my boyfriend, both approaches would be correct.

I think the obvious reason that my boyfriend and I get along is that he has a 5 planet stellium including the sun in Sagittarius and I have a 3 planet stellium in Sagittarius including my Moon and Venus. Both Stelliums are conjunct. Then the opposite signs flush out the rest. Thus, as I always have said about him, he's exactly like me but not.

Love2Know

I would say based on my experience with my boyfriend, both approaches would be correct.

I think the obvious reason that my boyfriend and I get along is that he has a 5 planet stellium including the sun in Sagittarius and I have a 3 planet stellium in Sagittarius including my Moon and Venus. Both Stelliums are conjunct. Then the opposite signs flush out the rest. Thus, as I always have said about him, he's exactly like me but not.

That is so cool! my bfs libra stellium 3ed works super well with my leo 1st planets I find, plus his leo ascendent is the same degree as my leo asc moon and venus. So these both "Masc" energies compliment each other. I get called "alpha" by him though it's kinda funny cuz I am still a whinny cancer who scares easy! It is also interesting to note that our composite chart turns into a lot of virgo which makes it feminine energy.

Last edited:

tokyo.lights

This is really interesting, and I agree better a mate compliment you than mirror. Conjunctions are really truly helpful though, and much needed as well. Can not beat Sun Moon conjunctions however, but I'm biased :biggrin: I think they give a real lasting bond.

QuaternityEagle

This is really interesting, and I agree better a mate compliment you than mirror. Conjunctions are really truly helpful though, and much needed as well. Can not beat Sun Moon conjunctions however, but I'm biased :biggrin: I think they give a real lasting bond.

Oh i hear you about conjunctions! ;) They certainly are binding, for better or for worse. However, I feel like this whole notion of masculine and feminine in the signs as counterparts isn't really how astro works, plus it reduces love and affection to sort of a utilitarian objective, you know? like: you have what i don't, and that is why i love you, cause you got the goods.

I mean... in the case of body parts, ahem, that might be the case... but is this what really solely is how we would characterize attractions? And again... astrologically speaking, like does attract like: Virgo with Taurus, Sag with Leo... in a simplified sense. So in that way, "feminine" goes with "feminine."