Why are the most 'spiritual' countries/people worse off

Anachiel

Yes but they still usually flee to come to the immature and ignorant and poor countries. I am not saying materialism is a BETTER way to be, I am asking why are spiritual/religious countries the ones that are always worse off (suffering famine, plagues, inability to deal with natural disasters)?

We (the "un-spiritual") have famine (poor people starving in a "wealthy" country), plagues (need I explain?) and an inability to deal with natural disaster as well (think Katrina, for one)...it's just not advertised as much or spoken about in propaganda...er, I mean, the news.

And, I don't see us as being special in regards to immigration. People are flying all over the place all the time now for one reason or another. For example, a whole load of Americans working in Europe (mainly France) just gave up their citizenship because the USA had nothing more to offer them. Mexicans are leaving because USA has nothing to offer them. Seems even the "ignorant" and "poor" can stand the "ignorant" and "poor" anymore...and the beat goes on.

Last edited:

retinoid

We (the "un-spiritual") have famine (poor people starving in a "wealthy" country), plagues (need I explain?) and an inability to deal with natural disaster as well (think Katrina, for one)...it's just not advertised as much or spoken about in propaganda...er, I mean, the news.

And, I don't see us as being special in regards to immigration. People are flying all over the place all the time now for one reason or another. For example, a whole load of Americans working in Europe (mainly France) just gave up their citizenship because the USA had nothing more to offer them. Mexicans are leaving because USA has nothing to offer them. Seems even the "ignorant" and "poor" can stand the "ignorant" and "poor" anymore...and the beat goes on.

I'll tell you what, how about we go find stats on the percent of people leaving the U.S. for a better life verses the people (percent) coming in for a better life and see which is greater. I guarantee you the percent coming in is SUBSTANTIALLY higher. How many Americans gave up their citizenship for france? Seriously. Mexicans are leaving? Yes Mexicans do leave sometimes, maybe you meant that and are not suggesting it is a major trend.

retinoid

FAMINE

ONE of the major contributory causes of famine in under developed countries (apart from obvious weather considerations) is the grossly unfair trade price system of the 'World Market' which, when combined with crippling 'debt repayments' - results in a lack of ability to put investment in food provision for the home country. Famine stricken nations continue nevertheless to export to the west... as do War afflicted nations. War is of course another major non-weather related cause of famine.

It appears that western economic wealth is dependent on obtaining raw materials for a ridiculously low price from 'under developed nations'. Tea, coffee, cocoa are harvested by slave labour for monthly wages that are less than the price of a cup of tea/coffee/chocolate in the west so that millionaire/billionaire food magnates then profit from the labour of billions of individuals living in economic slavery in 'spiritual' underdeveloped nations.

'spiritual' countries gain comfort from being spiritual :smile:

Okay but why do their gods ALLOW them to be taken advantage of? Does anyone not understand what the point of this thread is about. All I hear is that it gives them comfort, so does opium or alcohol!

JUPITERASC

I'll tell you what, how about we go find stats on the percent of people leaving the U.S. for a better life verses the people (percent) coming in for a better life and see which is greater. I guarantee you the percent coming in is SUBSTANTIALLY higher. How many Americans gave up their citizenship for france? Seriously. Mexicans are leaving? Yes Mexicans do leave sometimes, maybe you meant that and are not suggesting it is a major trend.
Interesting that in fact, it IS a verified major trend :smile:

The following 98 word quote is from an article in The Washington Post at http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...s-than-enter/2012/04/23/gIQApyiDdT_story.html

'Nearly 1.4 million Mexicans moved from United States to Mexico between 2005 - 2010, double the number a decade earlier. Mexicans moving to United States during that period fell to less than half of the 3 million who came between 1995 - 2000. “I think the massive boom in Mexican immigration is over and I think it will never return to the numbers we saw in the 1990s and 2000s,” said Douglas Massey, professor of sociology/public affairs Princeton University and co-director of the Mexican Migration Project, which has been gathering data on the subject for 30 years.'

retinoid

Interesting that in fact, it IS a verified major trend :smile:

The following 98 word quote is from an article in The Washington Post at http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...s-than-enter/2012/04/23/gIQApyiDdT_story.html

'Nearly 1.4 million Mexicans moved from United States to Mexico between 2005 - 2010, double the number a decade earlier. Mexicans moving to United States during that period fell to less than half of the 3 million who came between 1995 - 2000. “I think the massive boom in Mexican immigration is over and I think it will never return to the numbers we saw in the 1990s and 2000s,” said Douglas Massey, professor of sociology/public affairs Princeton University and co-director of the Mexican Migration Project, which has been gathering data on the subject for 30 years.'

Interesting thanks...guess they made enough money here.

Brea

Maybe they most know how to deal with adversity, because they have the tools. Just look at how many people committed suicide during the great depression because they weren't equipped spiritually to deal with that lack of money/power? When your focal point is off like that, your survival (as you interpret it) is most at large. Also, maybe it's the difficulty and strife that has made the people question their reality and what more is at play because of the questions hardship brings up? personally there are a multitude of combinations at work with people.

virgo18

Well In Mexico, people is not spiritual as it appear to be. People is fanatic and superstitious, or religious. People is not very connected with their spiritual part. They pray and adore images of saints and gods to obtain material (physical) benefit. Its like double moral.

retinoid

Well In Mexico, people is not spiritual as it appear to be. People is fanatic and superstitious, or religious. People is not very connected with their spiritual part. They pray and adore images of saints and gods to obtain material (physical) benefit. Its like double moral.

Yes many poor countries use spirituality purely to attain material blessings. I guess when you have no food or medicine for your children that is the first thing you pray for...

Saturnian

It always is weird for me to see people that are very spiritual or do magic are poor. Very few very rich and successful people seem to delve into such practices. Same with countries-the poor and destitute countries are more spiritual/religious/etc. Haiti is very Vodou centric which is supposedly powerful yet it is the poorest country in the western hemisphere. And most atheist countries are the happiest and best off. Why is this? To be successful and happy do you need a dash of spirituality and a lot of logic/material leanings?
People shouldn't confuse spiritual with religious.
It has always been observed that the more religious a person is the more uneducated he is and the easier to take advantage of.Therefore he works hard for someone else not himself.You cannot deny that most of the time religious leaders are quite wealthy.Why is it?Are they better than the low class of citizens?No.They simply had access to education.Most of the times religions simply advices people to just believe and not doubt or ask,that is to ensure of course their obedience.They feel happy that way,therefore they don't need development or to be technologically competitive with other different countries.
The happiness shouldn't be considered a good thing,in the way that oh well spirituality or religion brings that to them.No in this case the phrase "ignorance is a bliss" is very fitting.I don't think a person is happy to have been "cursed" with a bad fate and an unavoidable destiny.Cause those are the things they usually believe.It is destiny...that they have to work like dogs and give most of their hard-earned money to lords,kings or whatever other kind of leader that is.That's why those countries are poor,because there's a huge gap between poor and rich.And those you belong in the "aristocratic" class are very rich.
Which comes in contrast to the western world where people work for themselve and keep their earnings.
Both come with negatives of course.Today's western world is way too materialistic putting in danger other more essential things such as human relationships,family and spirituality if you wanna say.
That doesn't make the religious poor countries less materialistic,if they were given a chance to acquire worthy materials at the expense of others they would think very little of their values.Of course I make such a bold statement going back in the past when most nations and cultures were religious and had deities to believe in.That's the human nature,materialistic.After all the world in which we live in isn't spiritual,but it's made out of materials.
That is not to say that there aren't always exceptions.

aquarius7000

Hello,

Call it spiritual or religious, your question is quite clear, Inconjunct. I have wondered about that myself, too, though along slightly different lines. I also think that because of the repeated misuse of the word: religion ((due to malpractices done by man under the name of religion (because man uses everything to his advantage and to gain power) not that any religion preaches such things)), spirituality was the next word closest to religion that then set in as almost a trend. Please, this is just my opinion with no offence intended. It is somewhat like the big wave of 'Buddhism' in the West. For some of us, it almost became like a fashion to say (when I don't go to the Church or Temple for whatever reasons), I am a Buddhist. Not sure how many even know the full name of Buddha, or what he actually preached.

Back to your question, I was once reading about mass Karma, and, I think that is one of the reasons that could come close to answering your question. Perhaps, astrologically you can see it in the charts with strong aspects of the Nodes, Plu/Sat (related to Karma) to the Moon (masses in Mundane Astro). It could be that when something, over the years, went wrong when the land was once thriving, and that 'wrong' was practised by the masses, it resulted in mass Karma, the brunt of which perhaps many generations then have to then bear. Also, they say that suffering alleviates sins (you suffer for your sins, and, that way, free yourself of them, and lighten your karmic package).

When you thrive, and, what seems happy can also result in committing more sins. We see many economically prosperous nations, where other kinds of crimes are committed, and, when many people in this country, as an e.g., enjoy a certain basic standard of living, they mostly don't 'bother' with spirituality. Their focus is on amassing more and more (money attracts money, success attracts success, and that's what is happiness to most), so this 'mass' of people (or nation) would then be filling their karmic package with some negative karma. Earning more, as an e.g., is not negative Karma, but when greed, corruption, selfishness set in, and, when we don't share our haves with the have-nots, we gather negative Karma. And, so, the cycle goes on. God has His own way to balance things and the Law of Compensation is always at work. Sometimes, this is not clearly visible rightaway, but then you don't always pay for your sins rightaway. Sometimes the past good Karma lasts long to protect you (on a macro level, a nation) from what other nations seem to suffer: hunger, disease and natural disasters. But everything is a cycle, so I do believe that better days will come also for the poorer nations.

:)AQ7

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Okay but why do their gods ALLOW them to be taken advantage of?
Are you of the opinion then retinoid that the gods of these 'more spiritual countries' are at fault for 'allowing' these more spiritual countries 'to be taken advantage of'?
fwiw, and correct me if I am wrong, but IMO your question may be asked from a slightly different perspective as well - i.e. why do the gods of western countries ALLOW western countries to take advantage of these "more spiritual countries"?
Does anyone not understand what the point of this thread is about. All I hear is that it gives them comfort, so does opium or alcohol!
Quite simply, 'third world nations' are exploited and taken advantage of by the 'wealthier countries' who are wealthy because they pay unfair prices on the world markets for goods that are worth much more than they admit.

Obviously, 'spiritual people' have different values and are, for example not particularly materialistic.

The more 'spiritual' the individuals of a nation are, the less materialistic that nation seems to be:smile: