Gov. Scott Walker?

Olivia

Without knowing his birth time, there's not a lot we can say. But - traditionally - and most people on this board are NOT traditionalists - the Moon rules the imaginative mind and Mercury rules the rational mind. Both planets are combust (conjunct the Sun - usually you'd give 8.5 degrees for that, but with the Moon, 12 or 13 degrees). That's a serious impairment right there. It doesn't make you stupid, as a rule, far from, but - the mind is not operating the way it should, it's overpowered by the Sun (whatever that represents specifically in his chart). Generically, a lot of it is ego, but there's also a great deal of fear.

He was also born at or near a solar eclipse - the south node is within ten degrees of the moon - which probably isn't going to bode well for his political career in the long term, or his life in general. Some examples are Karl Marx (exile, poverty, obscurity, ill health), me (political refugee nowhere near his calibre, but the same circumstances), and the Last Emperor of China - now that one's a truly bizarre story.

Venus and Saturn conjunct by antiscia, which pulls Venus into the Mars/Saturn square. It's interesting that both Venus and Saturn are in fall. This is a slight echo (very slight) of Hitler's detrimented Saturn squaring and by antiscia conjuncting his Venus and detrimented Mars - it does not for nice people make as a rule. Power-hungry, ruthless, stop-at-nothing types generally. Again, though, we do not know where it falls in his chart, but it's a safe bet that it falls somewhere that gives it a good shot of power to act.

So many planets in horrible zodiacal state (but Patton had those, too, and he didn't do badly for himself!)

Moon - fall
Venus - fall
Jupiter - detriment
Saturn - fall
Sun and Mercury are peregrine
And an exalted Mars - this is his only planet with any essential dignity.

It would be great if you could get the birth time, though I don't know how one goes about that in America.

The premier here is along similar lines, but worse, and birth data isn't available, though I'd dearly love to lay hands on it.

Mark

dr. farr: I agree with the things you've said and appreciate your commentary. It was thoughtful and thorough, as always. The issue I meant to address, however, is the amount of variation due to free will. Even if every last tidbit of astrological information is known and understood, there will still be certain events for which we cannot account because they are, for lack of better terminology, "spontaneous." The general principles of astrology can take us very farr (pun), but in a subjective, almost calculus-like manner. We can use these calculative methods to get infinitely closer to a 100% description of the real individual, but we will never actually get there. The one point I want to emphasise for the benefit of the thread is the fact that we are more than the sum of our charts. :wink:

isismagdalenne

Olivia? How do you go about aquiring birth times where you are? (is it England?) I thought maybe if I knew that I could find out if the same process would work here. Though, seeing how many major celebrities that have no listed birthtimes there are, I think the primary way is by directly ASKING them. Which, would be hard to do in most cases. I read an article that suggested present astrologers make an effort to keep in mind to ask a celebrity the birthtime if we should happen to meet one. That in decades past astrologers had been more on the ball about this.

dr. farr

Mark: in my opinion, even with a very extended and extremely individualized chart, I believe those charts show trends and likelihoods, but only trends and likelihoods, not inevitabilities: so I personally hold to the doctrine of free will, albeit within limits: I believe that the effect of "spiritual development" is to extend the sphere of whatever degree of free will one is born with, the very few who reach nearness to apotheosis becoming completely free of the limiting restrictions and trends shown in their natal chart; the jyotish adepts have always called the planets "gravhas" which means "grabbers", and in that name imply that the astrological indications show us what we must become free of, in our personal development, if we intend to rise above the spiritual level of animals, who are completely fated by the Cosmic indications stamping their birth...

Last edited:

Mark

dr. farr: Well put. We're in agreement, then. :joyful:

General Address: I think Walker has given us enough via his speech and behaviour to know who he is. The chart is just scenery.