Mystic Rectangle

I hadn't included aspect lines to Chiron in my natal chart and after doing so, feel a fool for disrespecting Chiron, my chart, and astrology in general. I discovered a Feminine Earth/Water Mystic Rectangle which, the more I read about its structure, the more it seems to make (some) sense. Although I was not cheered to see a third, red opposition line (Pluto and True Node opp. Chiron), the Rectangle gives me a fuller picture (duh) and is helping me feel less stymied about the two t-squares which have oppositions cluttering up the empty "fourth leg" houses where t-square solutions might be found. Here's my chart:

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3339&stc=1&d=1231121370

For one thing, I no longer despair so very much about Neptune (delusional dissolver) opp. Sun (10 H self-expression) because the Pluto-Neptune sextile now makes sense, shows the urge for authenticity. (I stuck with therapy for some years and worked hard to "figure things out", facing and finally owning (integration) my unloved Dark Side. When I think back on my first 40 years of psychic confusion and frustration . . .)

I'm fond of the Sun-Pluto trine, have always felt its intensity one way or another. Because of new insight into the abovementioned Pluto-Neptune sextile, am able to pay better attention to the (positive) spiritual/creative aspects of Neptune instead of fixating so much on Neptune's dissolving, self-delusional effects. Chiron (wounding and efforts to heal wounds) in Pisces in 7H Aquarius trines Neptune, and here again the play of energies around the Rectangle's structure of trines and sextiles is making some sense. (Except I have a question about the Nodes.) The teeter-tottery tensions within the Rectangle are the two oppositions, and here is where the Node question(s) come(s) into play: I think I understand that Pluto conj. North Node indicates intense, regenerative striving to attain balance (confidence coming from integration) in succesfully navigating 1H-7H (interpersonal boundary) issues -- but what does it mean when Pluto conj. North Node opposes Chiron conj. South Node? I keep re-reading Celeste Teal and CafeAstrology and my head is spinning.

The Chiron conj. South Node - Pluto conj. North Node opposition occurs on the 1H/7H relationship axis (self-others) prompts me to note that, regarding marriage/partnerships, I have been happily and solidly married for 21 years, and that my husband is the Blessing of My Life. Unfortunately I've told him this and he agrees with me (he's a charming Aries -- so self-confident). He thinks I'm the only girl for him and we both are pretty amazed at what we've made of our marriage. It was my husband's love that began my healing and made possible my journey out of darkness and confusion.

I could be wrong, but that being the case, I think the tnsions are more "self and others" instead of self and other (husband/partner)?

The definitions I've found for the Mystic Rectangle say ". . . work with the trines and sextiles to find the point of integration for the two oppositions . . ." and unfortunately it's left at that. How does one find this "point of integration", a starting point for doing the work required to achieve balance?

Thanks.

Attachments

• MystRec NatalChart 040109.gif
    MystRec NatalChart 040109.gif
    39.6 KB · Views: 79

piercethevale

Howdy Starbridge. Since no one else seems willing to attempt writing a response...I'll give it a shot. I'll include my own natal chart here too, so as you can see the 'Mystic Rectangle' I've been given.
I don't know what reference source your refering to as per a 'Point of Integration' and I'm not altogether sure I know what the author means to by it...but let me tell you what I do know about mystic rectangles.
First off, I would like to recommend Dane Rudhyars' book "Astrological Aspects"...it is not a typical book on this subject [i.e. 'aspects'] as it deals primarily with 'Matrices' of which a "Mystic or Harmonic Rectangle" is but one of the possible 'Matrices' that might be found in a chart.
As your rectangle is conj. your I.C and M.C, I would suggest that Neptune is the key here. This is because by Sabian Symbolic Chart Axis analysis the I.C. is the "HOW" of your spiritual mission. [The Asc. is "WHO" your are, the Desc. "WHERE-TO", the I.C. "HOW" and the M.C. "WHY"...{from Rudhyars' "An Astrological Mandalla. The Sabian Symbols."}] ...thus I would reason look to Neptune and the "HOW".
I've also a rectangle conj. I.C. and M.C. and as my natal Aquarian Moon is conj. the I.C. and is also the predominate Orb of influence in my chart [by many an Astrologers analysis] my Aquarian emotional energies are directed through either the Venus/Mercury conj. energies [love and communication] or through the Saturn/Neptune conj. energies [form and higher octave love and vision] to Pluto at the M.C. [Transformation & "WHY"].
I would interpret your "Mystic Rectangle" to mean as, you must take that 'higher octave' love/vision energy of Neptune and direct it through Chiron [healing] or Pluto [Transformation] to your natal Sun energy [The Ego and the very essence of your being].
Chiron conj. South Node would indicate a healing of your past incarnation
and Pluto conj. North Node would indicate an accelerated Transformation into where your soul is headed. It also, as you should know, represents a healing of the past and an transformation into the future of your kindred that you come into contact with and influence in this life.
As there has been a Pluto sextile Neptune aspect in effect for most of the 20th century and it is still in some aspect. There have been a number of these popping up in natal charts among the worlds populace for awhile...this seems to support why there hae been so many people into, or demonstrating, psychic, metaphysical or paranormal proclivitives/talents.
My own life has been 'Ripe' with such experiences.
As far as integrating into a particular point I would have to say, then, it is the Sun in your chart that all this 'Mystic or Harmonic' energy must be directed [integrated?] into.
I hope this makes some sense...if not, I'll get back to you once I refer to my own resources...[unfortunately all my books and research are about 250 miles from my present location...thus why I hesistated writing].
You may be interested in the man, Paul Foster Case, whom had a "Mystic Rectangle" in his natal chart [which is somewhat similiar to my own...but not as intense]. I understand he clarified and further defined the Tarot in his time and is recognized as a significant and notable 'Mystic'.

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_03_dave_m_hp_50788_15135.gif
    astro_w2gw_03_dave_m_hp_50788_15135.gif
    29.1 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

piercethevale

...I have to add. After checking the Sabian symbol for the 8th degree of Taurus [your M.C. and natal Sun] that it goes along with what I just elaborated above about transforming the future...here is the text from Rudhyars' book on the Sabians.
"Taurus 08*. A Sleigh On Land Uncovered By Snow. Keynote: The value of anticipating and preparing for expectable conditions.
Here we have a combination of two factors: 'the sleigh', which is a product of traditional skill [cf.Taurus 06* symbol] and the ability man has to foresee and thus to prepare for a future situation. This ability relates this symbol to the one for Taurus 07*, because the woman from Sumaria had the capacity to recieve a revelation of the future state of human evolution, though in a different and subconcious sense. Man should be ready to use past knowledge and skill to meet the demands of a stage yet to come.
...we should realize the value of [keyword{s}] FUTURE-ORIENTED IMAGINATION but also of relying upon the natural order of unfoldment of all life processes."

...WOW!...Neptune [Imagination], Pluto conj. Nth. Node [Transformation into the Future], M.C conj Sun and Mercury [the "WHY" of your existence and your very essence and communication]...and the symbol for your "WHY" and Sun being about imagination and preparing for the future....all the more I can say is: QUITE PROFOUND!

..and OMG, when I looked to the symbol for your 3rd house cusp, Libra 05* [who you are as a writer/communicator]...all I can say is GET BUSY with communicating YOUR vision of healing past karmic wounds and YOUR vision of the future.

Last edited:

piercethevale

One more item:...I just have to give you the symbol for the 5th deg. of Libra.
...from Rudhyars' book: "A MAN REVEALING TO HIS STUDENTS THE FOUNDATION OF AN INNER KNOWLEDGE UPON WHICH A 'NEW WORLD' COULD BE BUILT. Keynote: The necessity for the youthful spirits to learn from a Teacher who through his long experience has been able to reach solid and illuminating truths, i.e. 'Seed Ideas'. [Keyword] TRANSMISSION"

...Like I said above...GET BUSY!

natasa812

I have my Chiron trines Neptune, Jupiter, Sun and MC, also, sextile to True Node, oposition to Pluto and Uranus and squares Venus. Where can I find more information about this aspects?
Thank you in advance
Natasa

piercethevale

natasa812 said:
I have my Chiron trines Neptune, Jupiter, Sun and MC, also, sextile to True Node, oposition to Pluto and Uranus and squares Venus. Where can I find more information about this aspects?
Thank you in advance
Natasa

...I'm having a hard time envisioning what you've given here...could you post your chart for us to see. Thanks, ptv.

Hi piercethevale, and thank you for your insights re my questions about Nodes and Mystic Rectangles. I've had to think about things for a bit before replying.

When I discovered that my chart contained a Mystic Rectangle, I took the word "mystic" as "magickal", "psychic", and thought, no way is that me. The transformative work I had needed to do was all about just trying to deal with everyday reality, living in the world without feeling like I was going to go mad. But mysticism -- ah yes. The transformative work (the therapy, the reading, reading, reading, the trying) required gradually aquiring and exercising discernment -- to unstintingly and truthfully apportion responsibility, to try to eliminate distorted thinking and beliefs. And when I realized I had come though, I was for the first time able to grasp (albeit imperfectly) a glimpse of the Ultimate Realities -- Truth, Love and Beauty. And they are All One. These speak to the "higher octave of Neptune". They had been hidden from me, shrouded by the distortions of fear and pain.

I had read about Neptune awhile ago, and recently, and again today. ("If you can name the thing you fear . . . ", etc.) But I had only focused on Neptune's debilitating effects, not so much on its sublime qualities. So now I am remembering how I was aflame, how I resonated to the discovery of the Reality of Love, the paradox of love working in my life, after I had come through. Shakespeare's Juliet emotes it perfectly when she rejoices, realizing, "... my love is as boundless as the sea . . . the more I give, the more I have." Today Shakespeare's (Neptunian) sea imagery hit me smack between the (bull's) eye!

Sounds silly, but I am cheered by the Rectangle I've discovered in my chart. By its stability (the rectangle I think is the most stable of geometric forms and engineering structures?) and by the "containment" of its positively flowing planetary energies. Perhaps the necessary pair of oppositions inside the rectangle which provide the "teeter-tottery tensions" point to (in my case) the challenges of Fear and Pain -- those distortions which impede us from, and and obscure from us, the eternal Realities (Love, Truth, Beauty) which even at our most spiritually evolved we yet "see through a glass darkly."

Yours is an Air/Fire Masculine Rectangle -- means it's dynamic, initiative (in comparison to the Earth/Water Feminine Rectangle)? Pluto in Leo conjunct Midheaven (power manifest?), opposed by Aquarian Moon (emotional detatchment? Sorry, I'm a novice.) conjunct IC . . . and Sun (Ruler of MC Leo) in 29 (anaretic) degrees Taurus conjunct Descendant . . . my.

I appreciated your Sabian Symbols interpretations, so intriguing. I must yank myself back from diving into that discipline and having a jolly good time because I have a lot of work to do getting a solid grip on the fundamentals of astrological principles and chart interpretation. I get overwhelmed!

But: I will say that Sabian Symbol Taurus 07 might have prompted my Shakespeare "paradox of Love" quote. The Sumerian/Samarian (?) "pariah" woman at the well: Samarians in Jesus' time were a despised, outcast sect, that's why "The 'Good' Samarian" parable was so outrageous to Common Era audiences. The woman gave Jesus (life-giving) water because something about him called to the "eternal" in her and the hateful, ingrained prejudices (her everyday reality) fell away as nothing. And so she was the first person (and a lowly woman at that! ha ha) to whom he articulated his Divine Nature. By the way, I peeked and the Sabian Symbol for my 0 degrees (Aries Point) Libra Moon is "Articulation." (Getting carried away by this flow of imagery . . .)

"Get busy." I am encouraged by all of this -- except I'll have to meditate more on Sabian Symbol 08 Taurus: I paraphrase here: "A sleigh on bare earth waits for covering of snow." By its very design a sleigh is meant to move on top of snow (water crystals) -- form follows function. It is possible to refute the elemental requirements of nature and the sleigh's intrinsic design, and make the sleigh move across bare earth, but it will be rough going . . . unless it can be transformed into a magic, flying sleigh, like Santa's! (It's late, getting giddy.) The waiting for snow, the expectation while waiting, and why the waiting? the rough journey, are the challenges.

Thanks again. Oh -- cool Warner Brothers avatar. Wasn't he from Pluto? What I recall about him is the frustrated but controlled courtesy he showed to Daffy Duck even as Daffy kept foiling his meticulous plans to blow up Earth.

piercethevale

...Glad to be of some assistance, Starbridge...and by the way my Sun is in the 16* of Taurus, not the 30th [that's my Jupiter...althought that's probably what you meant]...and please read the thread 'Zodiac Degrees Dilemma" , as to a proper understanding that there is no 0* in the nomemclature of Sabian interpretation...all signs begin in the 1st degree...[it's 1* - 30*...not 0* - 29*...Capiche?]...
Interesting that you mention 'Emotional Detachment' in regards to my Moon, as the symbol for my natal Moon, in the 25* of Aquarius, is about "Transmutating the Emotional" [Rudhyars' interpretation...from his book].
You may be interested in my book that I mention in the 'Sabian Symbol' forum here at this web site...under "Birth Chart of Jesus?"...I've recieved positive feedback from some very notable Astrologers whom are currently researching the data and implications given in my book.
It appears to me that you've some communicating with the world to do via some sort of media...as I found myself doing presently. I didn't have an inkling of this until apprx. 5 - 6 years ago...so you never know when you may get a 'Calling' in your life to assist the cause.
I was given a prediction of my writing and doing radio, public speaking, etc. from the re-knowned clairvoyant, Clarisse Conner back in early 2003... She was right! [Check her out on her own web-site!];)
If you 'Google' my name as 'Dave Mastry' you will find the internet web broadcast I did for WOW radio back in Nov. 2007...I'm not at my best on this program, but you should be able to follow the discussion...and it's the only one that's archived on the web. [I also spoke on the 'Rick Barber' program, radio station KOA, out of Colorado, on 12/22/2005, on my discovery which in turn led to the book mentioned above]. Be forewarned though it deals primarily with Sabian Symbol analysis.
You would probably be interested int the work of the world famous Sabian Astrologer and recognized living authority on the Symbols, Lynda Hill. I also put a thread about her in the 'Sabian Forum', with a link to her website and an archived internet radio program she did for Dena DeCastro, sometime back. Astrology can be sooooo overwhelming when one considers all that one could study about the craft. And the rub is "Just what is correct knowledge and what isn't".
I feel a great deal of the knowledge has been corrupted over the centuries...most especially during the 'Dark Ages' and the "Middle Ages'...and catch a lot of 'Flak' from those that call themselves 'Traditional' or 'Classical' Astrologers for saying so.

Last edited:

piercethevale

...In addition, Starbridge, I would like to comment on the Sabian Symbol for your 12th house cusp. [The 12th house cusp represents, symbolically, your answer to the problems of the world.]
Your 12th house cusp at 18* Cancer 50' ...the 19th degree of Cancer is, [By Rudhyars' book] " A PRIEST PERFORMING A MARRIAGE CEREMONY. Keynote: The ritualization of productive interpersonal relationships."
...as to what you've mentioned about your marriage it seems that this very subject of marriage and productive interpersonal relationships and how it has helped you with YOUR life is the subject you are to communicate about!

...as the symbology of my 12th house cusp [Libra 25*] is what I communicate about...ie. the cosmic significance of all events in life [symbology, sychronicity, etc....and I am the consumate 'Old Hippy' in that I find everything soooo COSMIC!].
Eternal Light & Love, piercethevale...a.k.a. Dave Mastry.:D

...ps, I got the avatar "Marvin the Martian" from Lynda Hills' monthly newsletter which I throughly recommend subscribing to!...no specific reason for utilizing it other than I'm fond of the lil' critter and the old Warner Bros. cartoons,

Last edited:
piercethevale/dave,

Congratulations on your publishing and media achievements, the fulfillment of your "calling". I will check out the links and forum threads you suggested. I did listen to the WOW broadcast -- fascinating stuff -- I could go on for hours about the eternality of Jesus versus what Bill Maher derides as "Hebrew fairy tales" -- and it made the Sabian Symbols seem even more alluring. I found Dane Rhudyar's "Sabian Symbols" conveniently online, but I don't want to do his work, or the Symbols, the disservice of just looking up the Symbols in a superficial, index-y way. I'll need to take time to study his presentation the way he seems to have intended it: layers, unfolding meaning.

Sorry about my sloppy mistakes -- I should have Googled Warner Brothers to identify "Marvin the Martian" before posting, should have been more precise when I commented on your chart placements. (I thought I saw 29 degrees Taurus there. I take notice of anaretic degrees because of my own.)

Thanks for looking into my 12H cusp Sabian Symbol and how it might relate to what I might be called upon to "communicate." Well, I shan't run off and study to be a marriage counsellor (haha), and I won't bore people (further) with What My Marriage Means to Me. However, two thoughts flashed to mind from the "A Priest Performing a Marriage Ceremony" Symbol. The first was that every marriage is a "mystery". Especially those where you observe certain husbands and wives, and you wonder why on earth they've stayed together for 50 years, when (and this is based only upon what is "knowable" to you) they clearly make each other miserable? There's some deeply private compact.

Then, there's the mystery of the "sacrement" of marriage, in which two separate people paradoxically "become one". Paradox within paradox, this "oneness" makes synergy possible -- through the union of marriage, individuals can become more of the (evolved) person God originally designed them to be. I'm not being clear here, but it brought to mind what I was blatting on about earlier -- mysticism, and Ultimate Realities (Love, Truth, Beauty) being all "One."

Sometimes I find that the only way to access these "Realities" is to channel a sort of Saturday Night Live "Caveman" ("Fire BAD!"). When I get tied in a knot about decisions, or how to respond rightly in interpersonal situations, I can cut through the murkiness (fear, pain, stubborn ego issues, etc.) by growling (to myself, in my head) "Love GOOD! Revenge BAD!", "Truth GOOD! Lies (self-deceptions) BAD!" It's simplistic and very goofy, but it works for me because I know that, regarding how things will eventually play out, I've put my (blind?) faith in the "good" and and by doing so won't be deliberately/consciously sending negative energy out into the universe. Sometimes that means accepting the task of buckling down and absorbing negative "incoming" (at worst) and transforming it into something positive if I can (at best). Doesn't mean I'm a pushover/doormat, it's just a helpful (even though smplistic, and definitely primitive) means of discernment.

I'm at a nice, safe and uncomfortably "stuck" point in my life right now (like that Sabian Symbol "sleigh" on bare ground), but I know that am building up to something. So much mental activity, something's got to come of it! I have a "Field of Dreams" faith that if I "build" it, "it" -- the "call" -- will come.

piercethevale

Quote Starbridge:
"Sometimes I find that the only way to access these "Realities" is to channel a sort of Saturday Night Live "Caveman" ("Fire BAD!"). When I get tied in a knot about decisions, or how to respond rightly in interpersonal situations, I can cut through the murkiness (fear, pain, stubborn ego issues, etc.) by growling (to myself, in my head) "Love GOOD! Revenge BAD!", "Truth GOOD! Lies (self-deceptions) BAD!" It's simplistic and very goofy, but it works for me because I know that, regarding how things will eventually play out, I've put my (blind?) faith in the "good" and and by doing so won't be deliberately/consciously sending negative energy out into the universe. Sometimes that means accepting the task of buckling down and absorbing negative "incoming" (at worst) and transforming it into something positive if I can (at best). Doesn't mean I'm a pushover/doormat, it's just a helpful (even though smplistic, and definitely primitive) means of discernment"

...I find myself to be pretty much the same way. "Love Good", "Hate Bad"...I don't find anything wrong with such a simplistic approach...it works for me too!
...and remember that the 'Sleigh on bare ground' refers to 'Being prepared for the future' not necessarily overcoming entrophy [ overcoming entophy here, in regards to this symbol, would be trying to propel a sleigh over bare ground]...there is a degree of the Zodiac that manifests that particular priciple or 'Cosmic Law' [the Sign and degree eludes me at the moment...but it's symbol is "Children Skating Over A Frozen Pond"]
...When I was told back in Feb. 2003, by a most remarkable clairvoyant, that I would be writing and doing public speaking in a short matter of time I thought the clairvoyant was daft or an out right fraud...little did I know!
I encourage you to just be open and expectant and you will probably see something along those lines [i.e. writing, speaking, counseling] 'Gel' before you eventually.
...of course I'm no clairvoyant but I would wager on it!

...May God Bless you in your striving if you so desire it!:)