progressed MC

JUPITERASC

Jupiter doesn't move much by progression. Since you already know it's in Aries, plus it falls on 9th, that's where it is! Its dispositor would be Mars, currently progressed in Gemini in 11th but still under retrograde having come from cancer as you already know too. Yes, progressed Mars will conjunct progressed MC eventually... and progressed Moon will soon oppose progressed Mars....
Natal planets aspects to progressed planets form part of the analysis as do transiting planets.

MC
progressing from Taurus to Gemini - focus shifts to aspects of natal Mercury and Transiting as well as Progressed Mercury to any natal, transiting and progressed planets :smile:

piercethevale

People, I hadn't looked at this thread of mine for ages, but I feel it has been somewhat "hijacked"... I would suggest "piercethevale" to start another thread with his own data... txs :biggrin:

I apologize cutesag. I realize now what I had done.
I was so excited about yet another confirmation of Astro analysis technique and as how it was through my own natal ..by only the catalyst of your thread that led to it.
I am a bit weary from trying to maintain too many threads as it is and continue with new research and conjecture.
Your thread was a covienient vehicle ...[read:} "Cop Out"...
Mia Culpa...
I deleted those posts of mine.
ptv

piercethevale

sorry ptv, the thread was kinda "sleepy" anyway, I only meant that you seemed to be taking the discussion in a different direction from the original one, so it seemed like a different thread was starting, that was all... pls do bring up yr research results to the forum!!

Well,,,, too late...I deleted them...and I don't feel like doing all the calcs again... I got a lot of valuable info that will remain in my 'head'... thanks to your thread...let it suffice to say, then, that I do endorse pursing the 'techniques' [for the most part] herein this thread...:happy:

piercethevale

I also got very interested in progressions, incidentally around the time progressed MC changed signs, and have been following them since... but I've started to question that I was really that sure about my birth time, which is crucial for this... I went back to review key life events and I've corrected MC by two degrees, but now I rather look at an "interval" of variation. Well, this is for another topic... surely many people have had trouble with birth times!!! :pinched:

...for a Sabian Symbologist like myself...birth time is very crucial..as you know the cusps change every 4 mins.
The Sabians are the ULTIMATE tool of rectification ...IMH-but very experienced-O...

JUPITERASC

I also got very interested in progressions, incidentally around the time progressed MC changed signs, and have been following them since... but I've started to question that I was really that sure about my birth time, which is crucial for this... I went back to review key life events and I've corrected MC by two degrees, but now I rather look at an "interval" of variation. Well, this is for another topic... surely many people have had trouble with birth times!!! :pinched:
IMO cutesag it is a very good idea to question birth times for reasons outlined by poyi who works in the trauma department of a hospital and has personal work experience related to this matter :smile:
I accept both views. But I believe that it is more important to review a chart accuracy yourself not relay on whoever rated this chart.

There are many human errors involved even for an AA chart.

Firstly, it could be common issue such as birth time not being accurately recorded by midwife at the time of birth because doctor/midwife could be too busy getting the newborn to breath instead of looking at the birth time. Accurate birth time is just not health care worker's ultimate concern. And here we are believed in ascendant representing the first breathe. Birth time recorded on your birth record was the time of newborn out of the womb or the time of first breathe? Something to think about....And without or you simply lost the official birth record from medical staffs; you mother don't always remember your birth time accurately as well. Who would care about the birth time when yourself screaming in pain with possibly high dose of analgesia, do you think that person could think or remember clearly? NO.

Secondly, the other possiblity such as the clock in the birth suite was simply slower than it should due to low in battery. And Helen was born in 1880s.

The third possibility could be the person who rated this chart could also make human error.

The fourth possibility could be day-light saving not being reported.

The fifth possibility, I have to say a lot of people working in health profession really have terrible hand writing. Birth time recorded by hand writing could just easily be miss-read.

The sixth possibility, regarding to time of death. In actual, hospital setting, nursing staffs/family beside patient are the first two groups of people that witness the time of death of patient. But the official announcement of death is done by medical doctor after physical assessment. The time for the doctor arrives to patient's bedside, then to assess, then writing it down on patient's progress note would take as little as 15 minutes to 1 hour; don't forget if patient died during night shift, the nurse might not realized patient had passed away in short period of time so I would say varied up to at least few hours....If patient died during busy operating hours such as midday then the time of death should be highly accurate.

The time of official announcement is the time you will see on the death certificate but patient died long before such time. This is my personal work experiences. So keep that in mind, birth time and time of death are not that reliable.

The best practice is never fully trust an AA chart and also should not overlook DD chart just because it rated as DD. Hmm which bought me into attention of checking life events by using transit to determine accuracy of the chart first! Thanks!

PD187540

2 friends of mine moved abroad when their MC progressed into Sag

This is interesting stuff! My progressed MC is also in Sagittarius (2 degrees, 45 minutes currently). I'm really feeling the need to move. It's stronger than ever. In fact, I consulted a relocation astrologer to find out the best place for me to move. I'm going to be visiting his suggestion for 2 weeks in July with the sole purpose of trying to find work out there.

Other interesting aspects to note are my progressed Sun has just entered Scorpio (0 degrees, 36 minutes). More striking is that my progressed Moon is in Gemini set to exactly conjunct my progressed I.C. on July 16th. I will still be in the location I'm visiting on that day (my trip is from July 6th to the 20th).

From what I've read, this moon conjunction I.C. indicates a possible move. Taken from Sophia Mason's book: "When purchasing, selling, and moving, Gemini and Mercury are usually activated along with the third house to indicate a new neighborhood and change of environment, especially when either Gemini or Mercury is in aspect with the ruler of the natal or progressed fourth house cusp."

So....Gemini (and hence, Mercury) IS the ruler of my progressed 4th House. P. Mercury is in an applying conjunction to my P. Sun and P. Pluto (my natal career ruler...for that matter, Mars also shares co-rulership). P. Merc. also has entered an applying conjunction (wide orb) to P. Saturn.

On the natal end, Mars is the ruler of my natal 3rd house and co-ruler of my MC, while Venus rules my natal 4th and progressed 3rd. Prog. Mercury is SEXTILING both natal Venus and Mars (July 16th: it will be a separating sextile to natal Venus over 1 degree and an applying sextile to natal Mars, 13 minutes). Similarly, prog. Venus and Mars will both be applying conjunction to my natal Mercury, 1 degree 15 minutes).

I would predict that a move is imminent? Perhaps I will wind up getting a possible job offer during my trip?

Last edited:

kris10

I think that if the MC show's our aspirations, basically what we can take our chart and strive to achieve with it, then a progression will show a change in aspiration.

So while before you thought it was worthwhile to achieve something Taurean, now maybe Gemini-related aspirations might seem more obvious to you, to supplement your natural Taurean ones. That is the very least that is supposed to happen- everything the others said might also happen!

My MC just progressed from Virgo to Libra, so I will keep you posted if I note any changes. Maybe I'll learn to be more sloppy as long as the overall look is good. That's professionalism :D

what is libra mc like? mine is progressed here also...