Astrological Signature

Dobrev

Pretty interesting. I've never heard of this before.

Scorpio Sun: Fixed Water
Sag Moon: Mutable Fire
Libra Mercury: Cardinal Air
Scorpio Venus: Fixed Water
Leo Mars: Fixed Fire
Scorpio Jupiter: Fixed Water
Pisces Saturn: Mutuable Water
Capricorn Uranus: cardinal Earth
Capricorn Neptune: cardinal Earth
Scorpio Pluto: Fixed Water
----------------------------------
Fire: 2 Earth: 2 Air: 1 Water: 5
Cardinal: 3 Fixed: 5 Mutable: 2

So Scorpio?

greybeard

If we hold rigidly to the numbers, the Fixed Quality lacks one planet in order to qualify as a preponderance. But yes, I would probably (without seeing the chart) say there is a Scorpio overtone to the chart.

But what is more important, more meaningful, is that there is a strong weighting toward Water and toward Fixity. Each of these preponderances will describe some very important personal traits, which are deep, unchanging, and tend to dominate how you meet the world.

tautomer

E: 4
A: 4
F: 0
W: 3

F: 3
C: 5
M: 3

This really doesn't say much for me. What it does say is that I lack fire element. I'm all for deliniating things to get an idea of where a person stands, but I think think this is just one step removed too much to mean much. At least without the chart to go along with it. Then it can mean something.

AllanBeau

I'm not sure how this applies to someone, but every so often I hear about Astrological Signatures. Basically you add up the elements and qualites of each of your planets to determine what sign you are most like.

So now my reason for this post. Can someone explain to me what purpose the Astrological Signature serves? Also, I'd like to know what everyone else's Astrological Signature is, for fun? :)

I always thought that you look at your Ascendant and what sign the ruler of it is in. Like I got a Virgo rising with Mercury in Cancer mutual recept Moon in Virgo. So both planets are my chart ruler. Being that my MC is also ruled by Gemini a Mercury ruled sign, Mercury probably is my chart ruler....Even tho my Sun is in Cancer. If you go to extended charts on Astro.com. There's an option labeled METHODS. Click to Pullen Astrology and scroll down the list of type of chart you want and check out "Sign/House Dispositor Graph". You can see what planet has the most influence over the chart. I got 6 total - Moon MR Mercury, Jupiter MR Uranus, Venus in Taurus, Pluto in Scorpio. Its too hard for me to tell what sign rules over me, cause I'm spread all over the place.

OR

You could check out "Simple Chart Delegation - By Walter Pullen". Slightly past half-way down the page, it gives you a list of percentages % that each planet, sign, and mode have. The three strongest signs it gives me is Cancer, Scorpio and Capricorn. Three strongest planets Mercury, Neptune and Moon.

What the hell here's the list:

Cancer Sun Cardinal Water 10th
Virgo Ascendant Mutable Earth
Virgo Moon Mutable Earth 12th
Cancer Mercury Cardinal Water 10th
Taurus Venus Fixed Earth 9th
Cancer Mars Cardinal Water 10th
Aquarius Jupiter Fixed Air 5th
Scorpio Saturn Fixed Water 3rd
Sagittarius Uranus Mutable Earth 3rd
Capricorn Neptune Cardinal Earth 4th
Scorpio Pluto Fixed Water 2nd

Fire -1
Earth - 4
Air - 1
Water - 5

Cardinal - 4
Fixed - 4
Mutable - 3

I got a planet in 7 different signs...Most planets are in feminine signs - 9 total opposed to 2 in masculine in signs. Tho they say the sign on the Ascendant is masculine regardless... Being that the 1st relates to Aries, and all my fire/air houses are ruled by water/earth. So I don't know how that polarity works. The balance of light and dark, or Yang and Yin, or masculine and feminine is the achievement of perfection in the world. I'm triple Yin in Chinese zodiac tho too lol Ox/Snake/Snake

When it comes to modes I'm "Balanced"... Guess that makes me a person who is able to start a project. Finish it, and help somebody else who is lagging behind. I think this is the reason why I don't have a hard time expressing myself and my views when dealing with other people. I take the situation at hand and judge accordingly if I need to be the leader, motivator, or the team player. I have no problems being any of them. People seem to like how I can lead somebody, work alone, and able to also work part of a team... Tho I mostly prefer to be FIRST by being SECOND. Cause we all know who really is the BEST. Don't got the time to prove my worth and maintain position.

Last edited:

Claire19

You dont have a sub signature as they call it. You have to have a predominance of element and mode. You dont.

i.e. I have five planets in air and 6 if you include the North Node and five planets in fixed element. The Sun and Moon are fixed as well to add to the weight.

So I have Aquarius signature even though there are no planets in Aquarius. I am an astrologer and that is partly because I have NN in Gemini conjunct Uranus.

You do count Moon and Sun as two points but there has to be at least 5 of any one element or mode to predominate.

Last edited:

AllanBeau

greybeard -

I believe with a lack of an element we make up with the people we surround ourselves with. I'm a Cancer with Sagittarius on IC, Uranus in Sagittarius is the only planet in fire, and I got 2 Saggitarian Parents, Leo Sister and an Aries Brother. My Brother, Sister and Mother all have a "strong" Libra influence. I don't got anything in Air except my Jupiter in Aquarius.

Most of my friends and people I associate with are Air/Fire sign ppl. One of my best friends is the opposite of me - 5 planets in Air, 4 planets in Fire, 1 planet in Water, 1 planet in Earth. We get along fantastically. I seem to have a hard time relating to Water/Earth signs the most. Maybe because I got such a strong influence of them that I don't need the extra energy. OVERLOAD!

I seem to be too emotional and crazy for Earth fokes, BUT on the same notion not compassionate enough and/or too grounded-realistic for the Water signs. Even though all my relationships have ONLY been with ALL three Water signs ironically enough, I've always been the one who has to break up the relationship. I end up hurting emotions lol Maybe its cause all my aggressive planets are in Water and the softer-feminine planets are all in the element of Earth. PLUS I was raised by heathens, seriously Fire people love to fight, and tell you directly whats on their minds. Also my dad did three tours in Vietnam, I wasn't raised with X's and O's but sarcastic a**holes who proudly admit it. My family motto is if we make fun of you, that shows we love you. If somebody says that you look healthy, they really means you look fat. Talk during the show, not during commercials. Irony at its finest.

I can't live with any other element except fire I found out the hard way. It seems fire is the only element that can put up with my ****. I get along fantastically with Aries and Leos. I'm a Sagittarius magnet, attract them like flies...And they say Cancer and Sagittarius don't get along. WORD I even got a bunch of Gemini and Aquarian friends too. The only Fire/Air sign I have troubles getting along with is Libra. Pisces go to war with me when they first meet me. WTF I thought there supposed to be the peace keeper of the zodiac lol Scorpios and Cancers we end up scaring each other's emotionally, I can read people with ease like the back of my hand maybe because I got Moon in 12th trine Neptune in 4th... I'm not easily deceived. I don't play games. I wasn't built to be emotionally manipulative like people seem to say Water is. Taurus - Hell I even got my Venus conjunct NN in Taurus. I SHOULD GET ALONG WITH THIS TYRANT! Nope, they try to fix me and tell me what I should/need to do... Cancer is a COOL sign to be, the Moon is the most complex pattern designer in the zodiac... Were consistent in our inconsistencies. Cancer wouldn't be the sign with the MOST millionaires, and the MOST Presidents MC's if there WAY didn't also work (The president thing might be cause the US is a Cancer tho), were unconscious geniuses. Virgo woman I get along FANTASTICALLY with, probably cause I got my Moon in Virgo. We can conversate for hours. The men on the other hand, think I'm too "Strange". I've always wanted a Virgo Male friend. Capricorns tolerate me. I can make a Capricorn laugh for hours over, and over. AND having Mercury trine Saturn, Im pretty serious communicator, its not too apparent because I got Mercury sextile Venus. I know how to charm anybody, been told I have a voice that has a hypnotic spell to it. I'm the baby, learned fast how to impress and charm the rest of the my family...Its the only gift that the youngest gets and nobody else. Most babies have STRONG Venuses - Capricorns just don't meet up to my expectations because I'm morbid. Wicked sense of humor. I need somebody who can laugh, but at the same time somebody who truely understands me and can tell me to F*** OFF....Its hard for me to not express my emotions, and Capricorns seem to not like to get into intense conversations. The only thing we got in common is were both home bodies, and know how to influence the public in our own ways. When I ask somebody how was their day? I don't expect the answer to be, oh it was an Ok. OR the dreaded - Hows the weather talk. lol

Ok Im going to stop rambling. Just saying that I have some of the roughest times relating to my own elements. Being that I have A Virgo Rising and Moon, Virgo is the sign of adjustments. Its uncomfortable energy.... NOBODY likes work... Its a daily "Chore"....And who wants to be caught up in a routine? Not me lol I can tell you the Virgo rising makes me independent like a Virgin and like an Aries in many retrospects. I only travel by foot and by foot its a slow climb but Im good at being uncomfortable so I cannot stop changing all the time. I notice that my opponent is always on the go -And- Won't go slow, so's not to focus, and I notice. He'll hitch a ride with any guide, as long as they go fast from whence he came - But he's no good at being uncomfortable, he can't stop staying exactly the same.

That was fun writing this ;).

greybeard

What Claire said.

The idea is that if you have enough planets in one Quality (Cardinal, Common, Fixed) or one Element (Fire, Water, Air, Earth) then that quality or element becomes "heavy enough" to give the personality a definite lean in that direction and the characteristics of the quality or element become predominant in the expression of the personality.....the Q or E "outweighs" the others so that it creates an imbalance, which is at the same time a personal strength and weakness.

A preponderance can occur not only in Quality and Element, but also in such things as houses (by cross or triad), aspect type, retrogradation, positive/negative signs, and really any other thing that can be quantitatively assessed.

My own chart is a good example chart for preponderance, because I have several different kinds of preponderance.

7 planets are in Fixed signs. I am incredibly stubborn. Fixed signs are about much more than being stubborn, but that is one of their traits. The Qualities show basically how a person meets and deals with the external world. Fixed signs are something like a boulder in the middle of a stream: the water (passing circumstances) flows around them while they remain unmoved.

5 planets are in Air. This is an Airy preponderance. The Elements are basically subjective/internal and have to do with what I will call perspective or orientation, to how we see and process what we meet in life. We can call Air "mental". Air signs use mental constructs (ideational, theoretical, relational, impersonal and objective) as their way of perceiving and assimilating the world. Again, there is much more to Air than I have described here.

7 planets are in "Water" houses -- the three houses forming a triangle with its apex or point of origin in the Fourth (4, 8, 12). In HIndu astrology these are known as the moksha houses, indicate a good deal of turmoil, suffering, loss and so on with a strongly spiritual orientation to life (because the outer life is so full of disappointments....)

7 planets in Suceedent houses. These houses tend to concentrate and consolidate what is met in life, to build the various experiences of life into some sort of form or structure. They expand and focalize, and their mode of action is to hold fast (something like the Fixed signs).

The combination of "water" houses and "succedent" houses puts a focus on the 8th house. So, 8th house matters and affairs are focalized in this life.

4 planets are retrograde. This shows a very strongly introverted and instrospective personality. Highly subjective, with many setbacks and frustrations probable in the outer world. When General Forrest said "Get there firstust with the mostust", this is the guy who gets there "lastust with the leastust." So then he sits on a stump and tries to figger out what went wrong.....kinda.

7 squares, which is half-again as many as any other type of aspect. (It is the "half-again" that makes an aspect preponderant). The square says you must give things concrete form, bring them to real and substantial existence. It is the aspect of crisis, obstacle, resistance, confrontation, powerful tension. It is the most active and dynamic of the aspects. "Get 'er done."

Many charts have few or no preponderances. My chart is full of them. This just says "This guy has very powerful inclinations to act this way or that way, as a matter of natural tendency." Charts without strong preponderance are more flexible. versatile, adapatable.... Such charts tend to be a little harder to read because they have no definite or clear "leaning" -- or handle to grab them by. Every single detail of a chart holds significance for the life. It is up to the astrologer to find and understand that significance, and interpret it fot the client.

Looking at the preponderances in my chart, it should be obvious that we can learn a great deal about a person by looking at the preponderances (of course, learning what they mean, in depth). Without ever mentioning a single planet in the preceding outlines of my preponderances, you already have a good picture of the life and where it will go.

Peponderance is stronger than any single planet or aspect, because it involves a weighting by ALL the planets, and deals with the chart -- and the person -- as a whole. It is one of the first things the astrologer looks at. Preponderances are foundational to the personality and have to do with how the person orders himself -- his inner structure and orientation in life.

There are also "negative preponderances" (for example, I have no planet in a Water sign). These are just as important as the positive preponderances. Here is where the person "feels a lack" (consciously or unconsciously) and usually there is some compensatory action, an attempt to fill the emptiness.

Preponderance can be gauged by relative strength. For example, in retrogradation it is the common or normal state to see one or two planets Rx. Slightly less common, but still within "expected" limits is three planets Rx. To have 4 Rx planets, or all planets Direct (a negative preponderane) is uncommon. With 5 or more planets Rx we enter the realm of the rare or exceptional.

When something (anything) is either rare or very uncommon, it means that the traits it represents are an outstanding and therefore powerful feature of the personality. We should give these things attention in our interpretation, because they are strong influences in the life.

Mercury is Rx in about 20% of all horoscopes. This then is "uncommon". Mars and Venus are Rx in only about 8% of all horoscopes. This is rare, and always demands special attention.

If we, as interpreters of horoscopes, pay attention to this sort of thing, we find that the horoscope itself shows us how to go about reading it. If we notice something uncommon or rare, our own attention should go there -- because the attention of the native goes there. Whatever stands out in the chart for some reason also stands out in the life, and the attention of the native is necessarily focused there. It shows an individual trait that "stands out."

Last edited:
It matters because your dealing with a mass of air energy. House energy would add to the air.

The 7th house has Libra energy. Then look at your 11th house, (Aquarius Energy), as you have your Mercury in Aquarius. So the 11th house in your chart is going to also add air energy. You'll also want to look at the 3rd house.

Think of your energy as a container, your essence or 'flavor' is simply just a part of it that mixes into all the other energies that you have.

Last edited: