Saturn transiting my Sun

Hi,
Since autumn 2011 I have transit of Saturn over my Sun in the 4. house ( conjunction) and my life is quite difficult at the time. Now this week the retrograde Saturn is exactly over my Sun and the crisis is even bigger. Can I except some relief when this conjunction is over, or would be the direct transit in the Summer even worse, because it would be the last one? Which transit is the worse? Directly or retrograde?
I would like to know what more I can except... ( I have health issues, relationship issue, job and finances, almost everything at once...)
Thank you for everything what would cheer me up a little bit :)

p.s There is my chart if someone wants to take a deeper look into it. Thank you so much!

Attachments

• artemis natal chart+ transits.jpg
    artemis natal chart+ transits.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

loveastrology

Hi,
With Saturn being the ruler of your 6th house of work and health, and the Sun it is transiting being the ruler of your natal first house, which can also pertain to health matters, I am not surprised this transit would be activating these areas of your life. Saturn is tough, it cleans out the closet, so to speak, and forces us to deal with whatever is in there. Since your natal Saturn is conjunct the asteroid Chiron the wounded healer, this may simply enhance the Saturn theme of forced healing, and the healing may be something akin to dumping alcohol on a deep and painful wound.
Whatever Saturn is doing to you now, it is bringing to light what is still left on your part to "take responsibility" for and overcome. It will strengthen you, but Saturn is going to do it like a tough love father, old school style. This "lesson from the father." Ultimately, Saturn transiting your Sun is forcing you to move towards the higher calling of your Sun sign, and become more Libran. But it may feel like you're backed into a corner. Saturn forces us which can make us feel powerless, but in the end his lesson is always to develop self discipline, which ultimately leads to our empowerment.
Since you have been dealing with this transit for a while, Saturn is most likely finishing up the job now. Whatever is still left to address will be now, or with the final transit in the fall of 2012. Once Saturn moves off the transit of your Sun within a degree or two, the intensity of this energy will not be nearly as strong. You will be left in a position to recover yourself, especially since Saturn is the exalted guest in Libra.
I don't know that retrogrades are any more intense; Saturn retrogrades can be quite long and therefore don't seem to be as personal. To me retrograde is more associated with past energy, whereas direct deals with the here and now and the future. Saturn shouldn't be bugging you as much by next month, and then the last transit it will make over your Sun will be for a short time in the fall.
The key to surviving Saturn transits is to embrace the lesson, no matter how little it appeals to you. Cast off resistance to what Saturn is showing you and go with the energy. This is all pretty easy to say but much harder to do. I will be dealing with my Saturn return sometime in 2013 I think, hopefully I will be able to take my own advice.

Munch

I use the Whole Sign system which puts Saturn in your 3rd house of communication, thought, local neighborhood and siblings, etc.

Unfortunately, the attachment that you have is so small I can't really get at the degrees and I use tighter orbs than most, so I'm winging it.

The first thing to be aware of is that Saturn in Libra is a good thing. Saturn is exalted in Libra which means that it works (in my opinion) better than even in a sign it rules.

The reason for this is that a planet in the sign it rules will never be told NO. It is always in charge and doesn't defer to anyone about anything. With Saturn that can mean a lot of heart ache (followed by the absolute best that Saturn has to give).

Saturn in Libra however (and this is not my analogy, though I wish!) is like a foreign dignitary visiting another country. Very powerful, but oh so polite and sure to do everything 'just right.'

So my thoughts here is that while Saturn may be transiting your sun, it will yield wonderful results as long as YOU put in the effort and pay attention to whatever lessons Saturn is trying to bring to your attention. You are the key in this. Saturn could be your very best friend right now and you just don't see it.

Another thing that I notice is that Saturn is not just conjunct your sun, but also conjunct your IC (opposite your MC). Work trouble? Home trouble? Are people asking more of you than maybe you're willing to give? Are they being fair? Are YOU being fair?

Venus is currently transiting your NN. Are your passions changing? Are you feeling compelled to follow something new? Are you feeling torn between what you know and are good at and something new and tantalizing that you may be a complete novice in/at?

The current Venus transit is opposite your Mars/Venus conjunction and SN. This mirrors your IC transit (roots and what has come before; South Node is always opposite the NN). I'm thinking that something on the (early) home front is difficult. How are things with your patrents? Are you being challenged to try a new way of doing thing?

Pluto is currently in your 6th house of health and day to day life (such as a job). This house squares your 3rd, so are you maybe having to deal with health issues that are impacting your work or vice versa?

This is purely speculation. Without a specific question, these transits could be pointing towards many things.

I can say this. Retrograde is 'worse' ie, more intense than forward motion. It looks like you are encountering the affects of the Cardinal square that keeps forming and breaking up.

This energy cycle will force you to look at the things in your life (according to activated houses) that need attention and you WILL get to work on them. It's a time of new beginnings on many fronts for many people (and NATIONS!).

Did you have a more specific question? Please feel free to PM if you do and don't want to bring it before a full audience. I am no pro by any means, but I am willing to give it a go and shed as much light as possible on the situation.

Let me know. :smile:

Thank you so much for your replies! It helps a lot, because I feel so alone, helpless and hopeless. My natal sun is 26 degrees Libra, ASC 10 Leo, Moon 25 Leo, Mercury 18 Scorpio, Venus and Mars 11 Sagitarius, Saturn 11 Pisci, Jupiter 1 Cancer.
In the late summer 2011 this crisis started. I have chronic health problems since years and when Saturn was transiting my ascendent I was forced to discontinue my carrier as a singer, I was just to exhausted and my energy levels were too low. My husband was always very supportive and understanding, trying to help me and to be there for me. But since the autumn and the Saturn transit his behaviour changed- he went on the distance, because he can't deal anymore with my conditions, he is somehow burned out, he invested a lot of energy in me and he started to feel unwell, so he was forced to start taking care for himself. He has very responsible job and my feeling is that he is going through a midlife crisis too. So I started to feel left alone with my problems. I have anxiety, depressive moods and due to my chronic problems I feel tired and fatigued. I'm visiting a therapist, to talk with her instead to burden my husband all the time. I do so much for my health, I'm practicing yoga, visiting alternative health practitioners, taking care of my diet, sleep and so on. I actually can't do more.
During this heavy Saturn period I restarted my carrier as a singer, I'v got offers for gigs all the time, so I couldn't say no, I saw this as a sign that I have to move on, to do what I love to do and which I can do good. But after every gig I feel so very exhausted that I need few days to recover, my physical energy seems to be very low and this is causing me even more anxiety, which leads to depressive moods, although I feel happy that I'm singing again.
And I'm so very concerned about my marriage. Sometimes I think a divorce would be the best solution, because at the moment we aren't happy with each other. There is a big communication problem between us- like we don't understand each other, we interpreting the words of the other wrong all the time and this is leading to conflicts. We do love each other, but sometimes love isn't enough. When I feel anxious or depressed I think I'm trapped in my marriage, I would like to start a new, more exciting life, where I would be more happy. But this is maybe only a illusion, there is no fairy- tale prince waiting for me, who would offer me a perfect life and heal me from my conditions. I'm actually scared of staying alone with the both kids, I have no strength and nerves for such a step. Well, at them moment I feel more or less already like a single mum, my husband is working from morning till evening, on weekends he is spending his free time with his hobbies and friends, because he needs this to fill his batteries, like he is saying. We have started to going out once in a week like a couple, for the sake of our relationship, which is good, but I have the feeling until I don't feel more healthy, positive and cheerful again, my husband won't "come back" to me.
So I'm asking me all the time, does Saturn transiting my Sun actually mean a separation from the partner and I don't want to recognize this, or it means that due to the transit I only feel like my marriage isn't working anymore and after Saturn is over it would be better between us.
Or it's after the Saturn transit already to late for me if I have to make some dramatic changes in my life, to "heal" myself and be a happier person? I just don't know what to do...
I also don't know if it's the best for me to sing again regularly if this is costing me so much energy or I will actually regain my energy while doing what I love and having some success. I'm also financially totally dependent from my husband, which isn't a nice feeling.
Sorry for writing so much. Actually, this could be also interesting- 40 years ago, with a Saturn transit exactly on my Sun and IC, I have lost my both parrents and now I feel similar as then- alone, scared, hopeless, faithless. And I have a fear that something terrible may happen again to me, that I may loose my family again( or destroy it with some inconsiderate decision). My husband told me tomorrow that sometimes I'm unconscious destroying his own enthusiasm with my clinging and destructive behavior and this could harm our relationship even more. I'm not conscious of such behavior, I just try to keep my family together and to tell him that he should spend more time with me and the kids, but he understands this as an emotional blackmail. On the other hand I feel under huge pressure when he is expecting that I will feel positive and satisfied again...Its a vicious circle...
Thank you so much!

P.s. my husband has now a Saturn sextile with his ASC and Neptun transiting through his 7th house. If we should separate, wouldn't he also have some difficult aspects at the moment?

Last edited:

Munch

I would not look to your natal chart to answer these questions as they are about your relationship more so than you. Or maybe I am not understanding?

May I suggest creating a composite chart and a synastry chart at Astro.com and posting them in the relationship section of the board. We have a lot of very strong relationship emphasis astrologers on the board and I am happy to take a look.

I will say that Saturn the Saturn transit to your sun may not be easy but I really don't think that it's THE culprit with what your current circumstances are presenting to you.

A composite chart will give us a picture of the relationship itself as its own entity. Transits (I use conjunctions only) to the composite will show where the stresses are and why.

In synastry we can see the energy interplay between the two of you and pinpoint where maybe communication break downs are occurring and focus on finding practical solutions to move past them.

You'll need your husband's birthday and his time of birth for both.

Munch

In regards to your singing, I feel like maybe you might be moving into a teacher type of position instead.

The fire sign combo of Venus/Mars conjunct on your SN shows that this has been a real talent and passion. It is something that you have taken to and done well with before. Note that this conjunction is in your creative 5th house.

Now consider that transiting Venus opposes your natal conjunction and is on your NN (where you are meant to head in life) pulling you away from what you were doing before, but not entirely. Instead, Venus in disseminating Gemini and the 11th house conjunct your NN show me that you could do very well taking your passion to the people as an instructor of sorts. NN in the 11th makes you a leader amongst your peers. You are meant to stand out, but in a different manner now.

loveastrology

I have no doubt that Munch is correct in suggesting that a synastry chart or a composite chart would certainly shed more light on the root causes operating behind the suffering in your marriage. However, I think the Saturn transit over your Sun could very well be an indicator of your circumstances. Libra is marriage and Saturn commitments; it makes perfect sense that some real difficulties concerning marriage would be brought up for you at this time. Saturn is obviously showing a sense of the self being restricted in marriage as it transits your Sun; not only is the Sun who you are, but you have the sign ruled by the Sun, Leo, rising. With the planet ruling your rising sign being transited by Saturn in Libra (marriage) it is no wonder you are daydreaming about a quick fix, or escape. However Saturn will make you do the work, and right now it appears Saturn is saying, "Libra, work on your marriage." Now that is not to say you should or shouldn't divorce, only you will be able to discover that. A synastry chart, as Munch points out, would probably assist you in finding some answers when it comes to your journey. but Saturn will probably force you to examine your marital unhappiness and work for the solution, which Saturn exalted in Libra, will guarantee to be the correct one. As far as your career as a singer is concerned, with Leo rising, you are the entertainer. And Saturn right now, transiting the planet which rules your rising sign, is definitely bringing you work (Saturn loves work) but perhaps also holding you back and challenging you, as Saturn will do. It is really not surprising that the marital issues are tied up in bed with the singing career, considering all of this. In your career Saturn may be forcing you to take better care, so that you will be able to harness your full potential as a singer. In your marriage it may very well be a similar scenario. Also Saturn implies leadership, so in regards to your work, this could mean self management (if you don't already do so) or some other form of empowerment, that would put you behind the controls of your career, and put any responsibilities on you. This could be a good thing. Are you becoming more "in charge" of the directions you are going as a singer?

Thank you for your answer! I feel exactly like you said- many times I'm dreaming about a new, more exciting life and in such moments I think I'm somehow trapped in my marriage. But on the other side I know that I'm responsible for my own happiness and not my husband. He is also very busy with his own midlife crisis, so we are not so close to each other like we used to be.
I'm ready to work a lot on my marriage and don't throw it away too easy and my husband too, our love is too precious and we spent already almost 20 years together.
Regarding my singing I have restarted my carrier, starting with other music genre as in the past and this seems to lead to much more success. I'm indeed in charge of the direction and I'm a freelancer. Financially I don't have the benefits yet, I'm singing mainly benefit concerts for the beginning, but it would be great if I would soon earn some extra money.

fullmoonlibra

I wish all the best for you, it definitely is not an easy transit! I have Saturn now conjunct Pluto and South Node and opposite Sun.. Not easy too!

loveastrology

Artemis with you being a Libra and with Saturn being work, it makes more sense that you would be working on your marriage working out rather than looking to end it. Your natal Saturn is in Pisces, so Saturn's energy may put you in a crisis between the hard work and lessons (Saturn) and the fantasy (Pisces.) How do you find a solution between these two worlds, and how can you apply practical lessons (Saturn) towards the realization of dreams (Pisces)? You want to escape sometimes because that would seem to end all of your problems, but the fix would be temporary. Saturn doesn't go for temporary fixes. Saturn is responsibility and Saturn may be calling you to be the Libra here and communicate, address the marital issues, and master the "we" by putting aside the "I" which is the Libra lesson. This is not to say that you are self centered, but to say that Libra I think, is sometimes called to this kind of elevated diplomacy, of rising above themselves in order to build up the us in relationships. You may have to be the one to reach out here, and say, as Libra can, let's communicate, let's work on this. You have Aquarius on the 7th, so your husband may be more group and less "me and you" oriented, and emotionally cooler than you (this is only a guess) and not as forward in resolving marital dilemmas. This doesn't mean he can't work with you, but he may need you to guide him back towards focus on the relationship. Saturn also is the old school ruler of Aquarius, so this could be a double reason for this transit's impact on your marriage. I would advise you to embrace the lesson, and fight for your marriage at this time. Be the Libra, be the diplomatic communicator, be persistent. At least then you will feel you are doing all you can to address this issue of your life. As for your career, I think if you continue to "take charge" in this regard as well, you will find things falling into place in that arena. This could be a time for your career to truly become more solid and realized. Saturn is tough, by like all difficult things in life, his effects can be oh so rewarding.

Last edited:

Neptune Rising

Chin up, Saturn strengthens us ultimately. Though, I would advise to get some sunshine or vitamin D during these harsh transits which can affect the vitality (Sun). :)

I can relate as I have Sun at 25 Capricorn now in the 2nd house, Saturn squaring this so alot of structuring and tough lessons. Not only that, progressed Moon conjunct natal Saturn. I think this combo leads me to feeling a bit isolated, very tired and needing more sleep, feeling down sometimes but I realise this is just the right time to knuckle down and get on with what I need to do to pursue my goals. Life does seem to be just work work work though, on my career path and on myself. A few things I remind myself which may or may not help during Saturn hard transits - remember to smile, get enough rest, be kind to yourself and don't overdo it :)

StillOne

Great advice everyone! Thanks so much.

I'm currently suffering under this transit. It's pretty much kicking my ***. I'm definitely feeling depressed and analyzing my life all the time. I feel as I should be further along, even though I know I'm where I'm supposed to be. I'm tired all the time it seems. I've cut off a bunch of friends and acquaintances recently. Definitely more isolated than normal that's for sure. A lot of my thoughts are self-defeating. Discipline is a constant theme. Mortality has been in my thoughts as well, and I've most certainly aged.

It's not helping that the current Venus Rx cycle is transiting my Moon which is strong in my chart. I'm revisiting old relationships in my head and pondering what-if's. I'm really nostalgic about love at the moment.

I can't help to feel that this is quite fated since I'm such a lone wolf. I'm really independent and these transits is bringing that to light and making me think about my future. I've made changes and become much more health conscious lately as well. All kinds of unusual out of the ordinary situations/meetings are happening too.

Attachments

• s1transits.jpg
    s1transits.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

Queen of Wands

Wow, this is a great thread to be reading, as my husband is experiencing this transit right now as well. His Sun is at 23.08 Libra, so the transit is exact today. We've been talking a lot about the effects of this transit. Saturn is a major player in his life right now, starting with Saturn passing over his chart ruler two years ago, over his ascendant last year, over his Sun now, and over his natal Saturn in two years. The first one coincided with going back to university to pursue engineering, the last one will happen before he graduates.

I can definitely see the low energy levels that people have been warning about. We've also had a few small fights this week over his goals, but nothing marriage-shaking like the OP describes. With my Sun in his tenth house and my ascendant in Capricorn squaring his Sun, he often says that I act as a personified Saturn for him, pushing him to do better and admonishing him when he fails, so it's interesting that we had fights during this transit, as we normally get along superbly.

He says he likes the overall feel of the transit; for him it's giving a bit of gentle back pressure, making sure that he's still on track. But, he also thinks that he takes the transit easier than most because he's has so much experience with Saturn transits lately. This past week has brought some lingering self-destructive behaviours to light, namely the tendency to live in the future and consequently make a rushed, shoddy mess of the present.

Saturn is going direct on June 25 and will be passing over his Sun on July 16. I have no idea which transit is "worse," but it seems to me that the retrograde transit causes more inward examination (e.g. with my husband becoming aware of his self-destructive behaviour), so maybe take this time to figure out if there are any negative patterns you are unwittingly perpetuating. Hopefully by sorting those out, you will be able to make better use of the direct transit later this summer and effect a more positive, outward change in your life.

Last edited:

Munch

Artemis with you being a Libra and with Saturn being work, it makes more sense that you would be working on your marriage working out rather than looking to end it. Your natal Saturn is in Pisces, so Saturn's energy may put you in a crisis between the hard work and lessons (Saturn) and the fantasy (Pisces.) How do you find a solution between these two worlds, and how can you apply practical lessons (Saturn) towards the realization of dreams (Pisces)? You want to escape sometimes because that would seem to end all of your problems, but the fix would be temporary. Saturn doesn't go for temporary fixes. Saturn is responsibility and Saturn may be calling you to be the Libra here and communicate, address the marital issues, and master the "we" by putting aside the "I" which is the Libra lesson. This is not to say that you are self centered, but to say that Libra I think, is sometimes called to this kind of elevated diplomacy, of rising above themselves in order to build up the us in relationships.

I'd like to offer a different perspective of Saturn in Libra here. Saturn in Libra's lesson is about developing the 'I' while balancing another person's needs. Libra is so 'we' oriented that the individual with Saturn in Libra is challenged to learn a new way of working as we. Saturn in Libra challenges the native to develop their own personal authority in their lives by addressing their own needs while simultaneously treating the other with respect and consideration. Saturn in Libra is not calling for sacrifice, but rather collaboration. When we sacrifice ourselves, we kill ourselves. Think about that. How is that helpful to anyone? This message comes across as, 'I love you so much, I will kill myself for you!' The other party is left with all of the responsibility, while you make yourself a victim. That is really unfair.

In a collaborative effort both parties bring their needs, skills, ambitions and desires to the table as their assets. Both parties find a way to use their assets on their own to assist the greater good. This is the ultimate expression of authority (Saturn). Authority needs to be centered in a strong self and used for the betterment of all.

I feel very strongly that this is the calling of Saturn in Libra.

Last edited:

StillOne

I find it so interesting if you look at the planets involved and then the houses that are affected. This largely resonates with how I'm feeling.

T Saturn conj natal Sun activating the trine to my moon in the 12th. T Venus conjunct my natal Moon. I've had a lot to learn about how to manage my feelings with respect to love and relationships.

Saturn rules my 7th house. Lately, I've been thinking a lot about relationships (intimate) and how to proceed. I think I found a solution.

Also interesting to note is that my natal Moon is in opposition to my natal Venus by declination. So I'm unsure then if this Venus transit is in "real" opposition to my natal Venus since by orb it would most definitely not be.

Anyhow, transiting North Node is conjunct my natal Neptune at the moment.... Natal Neptune is in turn conj natal Venus...

Sorry for all the verbal aspect stuff... It can be easier seen in my chart above.

All of this to say that I can't help but feel that this is a very important time for me. It's a huge shift in my entire being. I feel it's very karmic and a fated event.

Mist Knacker

Hi,
Since autumn 2011 I have transit of Saturn over my Sun in the 4. house ( conjunction) and my life is quite difficult at the time. Now this week the retrograde Saturn is exactly over my Sun and the crisis is even bigger. Can I except some relief when this conjunction is over, or would be the direct transit in the Summer even worse, because it would be the last one? Which transit is the worse? Directly or retrograde?
I would like to know what more I can except... ( I have health issues, relationship issue, job and finances, almost everything at once...)
Thank you for everything what would cheer me up a little bit :)

p.s There is my chart if someone wants to take a deeper look into it. Thank you so much!
The areas in your life where you may be experiencing challenges involve the houses where the Sun and transiting Saturn are placed in & rule as well as the signs they are in.

I'll give you some of my experiences of the times when I've had Saturn transits to my Sun (I also have a natal Sun/Saturn opposition).

Whenever I've had Saturn transiting my Sun, I notice I often got into trouble on Saturdays (weekday ruled by Saturn).

At age 21-22 in 2005-2006, I had Saturn square Sun from H12 and the Saturn opposition to its own place in 10th grade in 2000 (Sun in H9 opposes Saturn in H3 in my natal).

Year 2000 during Saturn opposite natal Saturn; these happened on a Saturday:
-I and my friend were doing maintenance on my car. We tried to replace the fuel filter on it even though the fuel system was doing ok overall. The fuel pump ended up dying as a result (we may have done it improperly).
-I and a friend of mine went to a junk yard so he could get a used tail light for his dad's car. He ended up stealing it, and we tried to get a way. As a result, we got caught by the police. The witnesses got my tag number. As a result of the stress from the incident, I missed school for one week.
-I wrecked my first car. My friend and his cousin were distracting me, and I ended up rolling past a blinking red light. We had planned on camping that night, but as a result of that, it did not pan out.
-my friend and I went cruising one night after I picked him up from work. My friend wanted me to race & challenge a souped up truck. I refused to, and as a result, he got mad, and we began to argue, and as a result, he got out of the car and walked home.

Year 2006 during Saturn square Sun; happened on Saturday:
-received big negative rep from moderator for harassing a member on a bodybuilding forum (reps are a big deal on there).
-[during the Mars/Saturn conjunction at final pass of transit in June 2006] got pulled over by police for running red light and speeding on Tuesday night (weekday ruled by Mars)

I don't know of any health issues that I could attribute to Saturn square Sun alone as I had many other planetary influences going on at that time (Saturn was involved in a Grand Cross in 2005-2006). However, during the transit period, I experienced a fall in my academic life. During Saturn conjunct Sun and opposite its own place, I didn't have any health issues.

Anyway, the first pass of the transit should have brought an awareness of the problem. The retrograde pass would have been the hardest hit, particularly if you did not get the message of the first pass. The last pass should be the integration phase.

The periods where you are most likely to encounter an incident related to the Saturn transit are:
Saturdays (weekday ruled by Saturn)
8th, 17th, and 26th days of a month (8 is ruled by Saturn)
Hour of Saturn

During the transit, have you noticed that Saturday nights are giving you more trouble than pleasure?

Last edited:
Hi,
here I am again, with the Saturn transit almost exactly over my Sun, the last movement before Saturn leave my sun finally.
At the moment I feel very bad- I have severe anxiety, insomnia, I'm loosing my weight (I'm already skinny), I feel weak and exhausted and hopeless.
My marriage crisis isn't a big subject anymore, we love each other and our marriage is actually better since one year ago. But I still have fear of loss, of break down, fear of future, fear of loosing my family. I try to think positive and believe that I will feel better when Saturn leaves my sun in few weeks.
Maybe Saturn has nothing to do with feeling like this and I'm just trying to find an explanation why I feel so bad...
Some positive thoughts? Can Saturn over the Sun makes you feel like I feel at the moment?
When the Saturn transit over my sun was over for the first time ( in winter) and then moved a little bit away from my sun, I felt so much better! I felt really relieved. But when it started coming closer to my sun again ( specially after retro phase) all the trouble started again and even stronger...
Thank you!