The Astrology of Myers-Briggs Personality Types

Arian Maverick

The INTP/INTJ crew are fairly rare, but they sound pretty Virgoan to me. I have Virgo rising, with Saturn in Virgo in the 12th. My sun and moon placements, however, would seemingly show a much more extroverted and playful personality. So I wonder what the M-B results would show: the rising sign, or something else?

I admit I have been wondering about this, as well.

As I indicated in a previous post, I'm pretty sure that I'm an Idealist (iNtuitive Feeler)--either ENFJ, INFJ, ENFP, or INFP. I've read through the descriptions of each of these personality types, and their common traits remind me of the energies of Pisces, even if they are classified as choleric. I'm not sure which one of these four types best represents me, however, so I'm in a similar dilemma I'm in with my Ascendant sign. I admit I am inclined to choose INFP because I cannot imagine a Judger (J) deliberating so carefully between different options; all of the descriptions I've read of this preference indicate individuals who like to make decisions, who need the closure it brings. I would like closure, as well, but I'm much more inclined to keep my options open, as indicated with my hesitancy to pick an Ascendant and stick with it. I may be an ENFP, but I think I'm slightly more of an Introvert than an Extrovert. I may act like an extrovert on the forums, but there's a reason for this; I don't socialize as much as I should in "real life," and I'm much more comfortable with written expression than with verbal expression.

Yet everything I read about INFP almost seems too dreamy, and I'm hesitant to accept this because my Aries and Capricorn stelliums seem to indicate an ability to stay present in the now and accomplish things. Yet with my chart ruler Mars in Gemini, I'm very much preoccupied with ideas, which is characteristic of this type.

The description would fit remarkably well if I have a Pisces Ascendant and use the whole sign house system, however. INFP's are all about personal values, which I believe are attributed to the second house; my Aries stellium would move to the second house using the whole sign house system.

Arian Maverick

TheEmpress88

That is a really interesting question.
My type is ISFP: Introverted, Sensory, Feeling, Perceiving
I have: Sun in 4 degrees Aquarius, tendencies of Capricorn; Moon in Aries; Gemini Rising, Mercury in Aquarius, Venus in Pisces, and Mars in Sagittarius.

It always puzzled me that Aquarians weren't supposed to be that emotional, because I am. I think the Venus in Pisces has something to do with that. Although some astrologers don't think that January 24th should be on the cusp (or that cusps even matter), I think the proximity to Capricorn definitely affects my personality, because I am rather practical and ambitious. Also I'm thinner than most Aquarians, so I think the Gemini and the Capricorn may have something to do with that. I have a very non-linear style of thinking which often confuses people. I think the Earth and Air in my Sun Sign tend to conflict with one another, because one is very quick and flighty, the other is very literal minded and down to earth so it makes for a blend that is not super easy to categorize. I also think the Gemini Ascendant gives me the appearance of having multiple personas. :wink:

Claire19

Q!

I am an INFP I tested the same as I did last year.
  • moderately expressed introvert
  • very expressed intuitive personality
  • distinctively expressed feeling personality
  • distinctively expressed perceiving personality
The interpretation & Astrology

Idealist Portrait of the Healer (INFP)

I am very shy and distant around others, (Moon in Pisces square Neptune) and (Sun - Saturn across the Asc/Dsc).

I am very caring but I only show it to people I feel comfortable with. My favourite cause is astrology, it can have a widespread effect on people's lives. I hate to see people hurting or in pain, and try to offer words comfort. I like a positive atmosphere and try to create lots of mental stimulation, but now and again a conflict appears, and I am not the best peacemaker. Jupiter in 11th, Sun in Pisces, Moon - Mercury conjunct in Pisces in the 7th house square Neptune in 4th and Mars in Aquarius square Uranus - for conflict in groups.

This is very true, High in Neptune, Mars in Aquarius, Jupiter in 11th, 7th house planets.

Yep Moon/Mercury in Pisces square Neptune again, for fantasy, and for misunderstandings.

I like new information chart ruler Mercury trine Uranus in 3rd. I am o.k with details Saturn rising in Virgo, I can work laboriously on the mental level. I need to relate well to others and their feelings, it's part of my astrological contract. The Pisces 7th house stuff again (I do have other planets :biggrin:).

Well yes I am quite the scholar in my circle of friends. I am quite remarkable in fact, I speak English and Astrolo-gese. Quite the double tongue. I am still waiting for the call, and will face my destiny.

Saturn rising in 1st midpoint Sun/Mars. Mercury trine Uranus in 3rd. Moon conjunct Mercury according to Charles Carter possess high intelligence :whistling:. It's just a pity I am a fool, and it's wasted on me :biggrin:.

Overall it is quite true.

Mercury trine Uranus 3rd indicative of intelligence of an original and inventive kind. I am not sure about the Moon Mercury connnection. It is suggestive that the emotions and the mind are in accord. SO the EQ may be as high as the IQ. :cool:

kbell

I'm an INFJ. I have Neptune within 9 degrees of ascendant and I have several aspects that say I'm intuitive. I am more apt to make a decision based on intuition than reality. I know it sounds crazy, but that's how I am. The Judging is from my Capricorn sun (planning, etc). Feeling...I have a 7th house Gemini moon. I feel a lot lol and I like expressing how I feel.

LesMiserables

i have taken this test 3 times over a couple years i think,

the last time i did it, i resulted in INTJ, which was the first result i got when i first tried the test.

one time i had another result, it was similar, something like INFJ (if that one even exists, but you get the idea.. only 1 letter changed)

anyway, i seem to be an INTJ.

here's my chart, im not sure if it makes 'sense' to my result.

111i98g.jpg

waybread

Les Mis--I've taken the M-B test twice. Once I came out as an INTJ, and once as an INTP. I don't see much in common with our charts, which makes me wonder whether there is such a great match-up between astrology and M-B. If so, it exists on a more subtle level than i can detect.

Your grand cross looks difficult, but your dignified Sun, Mercury, Pluto, and Saturn should make you a very powerful person.

Last edited:

Inside Out Orange

Interesting question ... I guess you would actually want to examine each of the four dimensions of MB ... as I recall ...
- Introvert/Extrovert - whether you get your energy from thoughts and ideas or the actions going on around you.
- Sensing/iNtuition - how you gather information
- Thinking / Feeling - whether you make decisions logically or emotionally
- Judging / Perceiving - whether you prefer to use Sensing/Intuition or Thinking/Feeling.

Looking at the OP's chart I'm surprised so see a 1st house Sun Sign Leo with Aries Moon in the 9th as an introvert. However the Mercury is in Virgo which could be the thing to look for.

Aruilly

This tread is really interesting. I always have problems with the MB test because I find aspects in chart or in my day to day experince that justify the results I get for the moment. It's weird even.

Last time I got INTJ, I tend to get this one more though I don't really agree 100% with it. I think my sun,mercury and MC Virgo conjunction and aquarius moon is the reason for this sorting. But INTP makes sense too very much so bcos of the liguistic flavor it has, my mercury in virgo in the 9th house feels at home with this. Once I thought that in fact I was INFJ or INFP bcos of my Sagittarius rising and moon in the third house. Still the T makes sense too and I think it's a lot to do with my mercury quincunx moon.LOL.

At least, I can comfort myself by saying that the results have one thing in common: Neptune in the 1st house :lol:

Last edited:

Arian Maverick

I am aware that the Enneagram has not been studied and tested in the same matter as the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, but I would like to recommend a revival of the thread The Enneagram and Astrology. In my experience, the Enneagram has been a much more useful tool than the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator because it describes the underlying motives of one's behavior, rather than superficial characteristics associated with each type.

This tread is really interesting. I always have problems with the MB test because I find aspects in chart or in my day to day experince that justify the results I get for the moment. It's weird even.

I have had this difficulty, as well, both with the MBTI and briefly with the Enneagram, but now I can state with certainty that I'm a Type 4. The Enneagram system is simply clearer than the MBTI. However, there is some correlation between the two systems, which is why I feel this post is appropriate here. Type 4 individuals tend to be INFJ or INFP types.

At least, I can comfort myself by saying that the results have one thing in common: Neptune in the 1st house

This may be the source of your indecision. I have the Moon conjunct the Ascendant, which explains the strong Feeling preference I receive each time I take the MBTI.

Arian Maverick

Arian Maverick

i have taken this test 3 times over a couple years i think,

the last time i did it, i resulted in INTJ, which was the first result i got when i first tried the test.

one time i had another result, it was similar, something like INFJ (if that one even exists, but you get the idea.. only 1 letter changed)

anyway, i seem to be an INTJ.

here's my chart, im not sure if it makes 'sense' to my result.

Here's my take on your natal chart, but as I commented in my previous post, I could probably justify any result astrologically. :innocent:

Introversion = The inner planets, with the exception of the Moon, are located on the left side of the natal chart, as divided by the MC/IC axis.

Intution = the Moon is the most elevated planet in the natal chart

Thinking = Mercury is dignified and exalted in Virgo. You'll have to bring out the point system and Ptolemy's Table of Essential Dignities to determine if it's the most dignified planet in your natal chart. With so many planets in the signs of their dignity or exaltation, it ought to be a close race! Finally, Mercury does not form many in-sign aspects, so it's essentially on its own. This results in some powerful energy.

Judging = This is a complete guess, but my eye is drawn to the Leo Sun conjunct the South Node. This makes me think of royalty, and kings should have a natural judging preference.

Looking at the OP's chart I'm surprised so see a 1st house Sun Sign Leo with Aries Moon in the 9th as an introvert. However the Mercury is in Virgo which could be the thing to look for.

I was initially surprised as well, but then again, I have a first house Aries stellium and I tested as an introvert on the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator--albeit, not a very strong one, but an introvert just the same.

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

waybread

Here's my take on your natal chart, but as I commented in my previous post, I could probably justify any result astrologically. :innocent:

Introversion = The inner planets, with the exception of the Moon, are located on the left side of the natal chart, as divided by the MC/IC axis.

Intution = the Moon is the most elevated planet in the natal chart

Thinking = Mercury is dignified and exalted in Virgo. You'll have to bring out the point system and Ptolemy's Table of Essential Dignities to determine if it's the most dignified planet in your natal chart. With so many planets in the signs of their dignity or exaltation, it ought to be a close race! Finally, Mercury does not form many in-sign aspects, so it's essentially on its own. This results in some powerful energy.

Judging = This is a complete guess, but my eye is drawn to the Leo Sun conjunct the South Node. This makes me think of royalty, and kings should have a natural judging preference.

I was initially surprised as well, but then again, I have a first house Aries stellium and I tested as an introvert on the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator--albeit, not a very strong one, but an introvert just the same.

Arian Maverick

Good work, Arian, but just for comparative purposes, as someone else who tested as INTJ:

1. Introversion: Most of my personal planets are located in the lower right quadrant, with the exception of my moon in the 11th house.

2. Intuition: Uranus is my most elevated planet, conjunct my MC.

3. Thinking. My Mercury is exalted in Aquarius. I note that it is also retrograde and is my chart ruler.

4. Judging. I have Moon and Pluto in Leo. But in traditional astrology judges and the law pertain to Jupiter, Sagittarius, and/or the 9th house.

soulblazer

"INFP

You are a creative person with a great imagination. You enjoy living in your own inner world. Open minded and accepting, you strive for harmony in your important relationships. It takes a long time for people to get to know you. You are hesitant to let people get close to you. But once you care for someone, you do everything you can to help them grow and develop. In love, you tend to have high (and often unrealistic) standards. You are very sensitive. You tend to have intense feelings. You would make an excellent psychologist, writer and artist."

Wow, in love... it would be nice if I actually had any love relationships...

Other stuff I can see definitely. I tend to pick up on people who seem "wounded" or I see a bit of my self in them. I have a need to coax certain things out of people I care about or take under my wing and try to counsel them, then I try to point out there positive aspects and nurture it.

Oh god do I love to live in my own little world. Everyone plays nice there... but I have a need to face reality. I think my venus and neptune in Sag is playing pin-pong with my mars and uranus in scorpio. Sag tells me to have fun and not be so negative and suspicous (slow to let people get to know me - scorp) and then I go out and exercise that and when I get home mars in Scorp whips me back into shape and says ok now you've had your fun now lets face the facts... you were being a bit too gullible today. How do you like my interpretation? *crickets chirping*

Art and writing??? Now you don't say... (I thought my chart did not indicate creativity... >>) And psychology, funny I wanted to be an investigator at some point (which was pretty spot on when someone pointed out that profession to me (in another thread), whether it be in the traditional way or through art and writing. The idea of being an actual investigator scares the doggy doo (wow you cannot even use the c word in place of the s word???) out of me though... maybe I'm smart there. I read in a Sybil Leek book a long time ago that I had a placement that was usually in charts of people who have been assassinated... I think it was my uranus in Scorpio but I'm not sure. Goes to look up... *gulp*

NOTE: I did this test on my LJ in spring. I may be evil now... ----> :bandit:

Virgo Rising
Libra Sun
Libra Moon
Venus Sag
Mercury Libra
Mars Scorpio
Saturn Leo
Uranus Scorpio
Neptune Sag
Pluto Libra
Chiron Aries
Midheaven Cancer
True Node Scorpio

Last edited:

Inside Out Orange

Admittedly I was the one initially said I was surprised that those configurations made the poster an introvert ... but what we should consider is what the definition of an introvert/extrovert is.

Classicly people think it's whether someone is life and soul of the party, or shy and doesn't go out. Those things are more the result of being an extrovert or introvert.

It's actually about where someone gets their energy from. Introverts are motivated by their thoughts and ideas. Extroverts get theirs from what is going on around them.

So introverts can deal with small groups or one-to-ones happily; extroverts need to go to places where there's lots of action happening.

i'm an intp. bold stuff dead on, italics are somewhats, underlined doesn't really match.

loner, more interested in intellectual pursuits than relationships or family, wrestles with the meaninglessness of existence, (i used to, i just accepted it's meaningless and you can't really do anything about it other than wrestling) likes esoteric things, disorganized, messy, likes science fiction, can be lonely, observer, private, can't describe feelings easily, detached, likes solitude, not revealing, unemotional, rule breaker, avoidant, familiar with the darkside, skeptical, acts without consulting others, does not think they are weird but others do, socially uncomfortable, abrupt, fantasy prone, does not like happy people, appreciates strangeness, frequently loses things, acts without planning, guarded, not punctual, more likely to support marijuana legalization, not prone to compromise, hard to persuade, relies on mind more than on others, calm
extraversion/introversion; easily introversion since extra almost always superficial and shallow and stuff "I"
sensing/intuiting; hardest one to accomplish; if something is not %80 correct i'll stay sceptical and try to find my own unique way around things; "N"
thinking/feeling; the former. i depend on my intution rather than standart emotions that everyone has. the trick is using feelings along with thinking. "T"
perceiving/judging; more detailed and complicated one. i'm into details, i'll stay neutral and mess around the things and see if this person is indeed deserves execution. i won't say "execution is wrong" right away, i won't say, kill the bastadr, because of my feelings. no judging right away. "P"

my mercury is in the 3rd house. so that's why i prefer thinking over feeling. BUT it's in the cancer gemini cusp, so i don't lack feeling completely. i use my feelings as a secondary "information channel", i logically analyze my feelings. there's a barrier in my mind where feelings are stopped and interrogated by ice cold logic, this one doesn't worth a thing, this one may pass and transform itself into action.... that's the way my mind works. (thinking, intuiting)

then my sun is in cancer in conjunction with venus in the 4th house. if 4th house means "attachment" or "being loyal" or "caring", being the natural home of cancer, well, then i'm attached to myself more than to others. i stay honest to myself. but more than everything, without knowing yourself, without knowing what kind of krappy urges you have as a human being by default, how to work around them, well, WITHOUT doing those things, your understanding of universe or other people sure will be superficial. therefore... (introversion (via intuitive thinking(again)) )

but why i am perceiving instead of judging? well, you don't think much to judge. to judge, you have to be pretty fixed minded and accept bunch of krappy principles and stick with them as fixed minded as you are. so, i don't even get how one can be judging if he is introverted, thinking and intuiting. via confusion maybe. also, judging is practical. judge just like society does, judge in the way society wants. get your practical rewards. well, i got only one earth in my whole chart and virgo is intercepted and pluto in 6th house to make me further non practical.

Last edited:

twofishes1984

Stumbled upon this thread when looking for crosses between myers-briggs and astrology. Glad one exists lol.

I have a few for ya but you'll all have to do the analyzing yourself. Im really only trying to figure out which SIGNS go with which TYPES. not into the aspects and what not. Just over all signage. lol. ;)

I started out as an ENFJ 7 years ago. 4 years ago I was close on all but the E. i got ENFJ, ENFP, ENTJ, and ESFJ all within that year. Then I settled on ENFP for the past 3 years and and now an ENTP... which I think suits me very well! Its like... all the things everyones been saying about me over the years are all in the description! I guess because I was so close on many of them... it didnt register me right. I feel that at my best and my worst I am the ENTP... and when Im relaxed I am more like the ENFP.

I am a 6 in the enneagram typing.

Im a Rat in the chinese astrology.

My chart goes as follows:

Rising: gemini
Sun: pisces
Moon: gemini
Merc: Pisces
venus: aquarius
mars: scorpio
jupiter: cap
saturn: scorp.

the rest of the chart doesnt matter too much to me.

one good friend (exboyfriend as well) who is an INFP is as follows:

Rising: pis
sun: aqu
moon: aqu
merc: pis
ven: aqu
mars: aqu
jup: lib
sat: lib

hes a monkey in chinese.
Hes a crazy guy! very passive-aggresive, very creative, musician, very quick and witty, subtle but hilarious sense of humor, anxious, sweet and romantic, MAGICAL! super fun. logical but also very emotional, cant figure self out but good at figuring others out, very observant, is very random with conversation and a bit silly and goofy. likes to think things through before responding to anything serious but can respond quickly to non-deep discussions.hard time dealing with reality, hates confrontations, will literally make every excuse possible and run away from them! shaky moral values and not much loyalty. and hes all over the place! cant pin this one down to ANYTHING! weak willed.

my boyfriend is an ISFJ and is as follows:

rising: virgo
sun: aqu
moon:sag
merc: aqu
ven: aqu
mars: lib
jup: scorp
saturn:lib

rooster in chinese
hes good at everything he tries to do. super smart. good sense of humor. independant. analytical and logical. a bit cocky, can be a smart ***...has a great memory. musician. likes conversation that is to the point and non-repetative. needs lots of time to think before responding. detail oriented. considerate and thoughtful. warm. sensitive and observant. perfers being at home to going out but will happily go out on occassion and enjoys himself. stable and reliable but moody. very self aware.loyal and honest, cares to do the right thing.

ex husband is an INTJ and is as follows:

Rising: virgo
sun: pis
moon:lib
merc: aqu
ven: aries
mars: aries
jup: sag
sat: scorp

pig in chinese
bad communication. hardly talks or responds until prompted many times. always does the right thing. loyal and honest. reserved. VERY reserved. logical. independant. not very self aware. black and white. no gray areas. emotions are not very important. stable. reliable. successful. hard working. cold and detached for majority. much better friend than husband (is actually there when needed as a friend).

one of my bestfriends (also my exgirlfriend) is an INFP and is as follows:

rising: aqu
sun: taur
moon: sag
merc: taur
ven: taur
mar: scorp
jup: cap
sat: scorp.

Rat in chinese
artist. hard time dealing with reality. sweet, honest, loyal, anxious, extremely emotional, overly sensitive, frequently depressed, loves to talk but only if she is very comfortable with you otherwise keeps to self, always there to help when needed, passive, un-social, highly creative, blunt sense of humor that cathces you off guard (did she really just say THAT!?!) but very funny! caring towards others and animals, usually cant say no but can be stubborn when hurt, self-less, complicated, crazy, intense.

my other bestfriend (also my exboyfriend) is an INFP as well and is as follows:

rising: cap
sun: taur
moon: cap
ven: gem
mar: taur
jup: sag
sat: scorp

also pig in chinese.
he is a musician. mostly loyal but is known to stray occasionally, means well, can be passive-aggressive, sweet, giving, always there to help those he loves, charming, hilarious, is actually very good with people when chooses to be, not very honest to most, super stubborn, highly creative, can be argumentative at times but usually either quiet or saying something funny, adventurous, romantic, somewhat crazy.

and a funny coincidence, both my bestfriends are INFP, are taurus, and both are also vegetarians.

anyway... theres my list. thanks for posting.

barbh

Account Closed
I remember I was a 6 in the Enneagram. That's the 'hopeless romantic' right?

I'm an INFJ. Yep, its the farthest on the left of the wheel, being the most sensitive. Expressed introvert for sure. I can only be with people for a very short period of time. I don't go to parties, and if I do, its because there are people there i know very well, and not too many of them.

However, I am an Aries Sun with a Leo rising. Who's cruel idea was it to give a double fire person a strong introvert personality? hee hee

Moon in Cancer in 12
Mars in Pisces in 8
Jup in Pisces in 7

That's where it comes from I think.

barbh

Arian Maverick

I remember I was a 6 in the Enneagram. That's the 'hopeless romantic' right?

Enneagram 6 is known by a few names, including: The Loyalist, The Doubter, The Loyal Skeptic, The Devil's Advocate, The Defender.

I believe "Hopeless Romantic" is a name better suited to Type 4, which is known as: The Individualist, The Artist, The Romantic.

There are several commonalities, however, which leads to many misidentifications. I had a difficult time determining whether I was a Type 4 or a Type 6, and I'm certainly not alone...

I'm an INFJ. Yep, its the farthest on the left of the wheel, being the most sensitive.

Could you please describe the wheel to which you refer, or post a link that contains a picture of this wheel? I have not encountered it in my studies...

However, I am an Aries Sun with a Leo rising. Who's cruel idea was it to give a double fire person a strong introvert personality? hee hee

Hmm, this is not the first time on this thread in which a strong fire person describes possessing an introvert personality. Perhaps we need to assess the common assumption that fire = extrovert? Of course, as you've described, Jupiter in Pisces is the final dispositor of the Aries Sun and Leo Rising, which lends a strong dose of water.

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

Frank

Hmm, this is not the first time on this thread in which a strong fire person describes possessing an introvert personality. Perhaps we need to assess the common assumption that fire = extrovert? Of course, as you've described, Jupiter in Pisces is the final dispositor of the Aries Sun and Leo Rising, which lends a strong dose of water.

Arian Maverick

This is one reason that I feel that the whole Fire/Air=extrovert and Earth/Water=Introvert that is proposed by many modern astrologers is seriously flawed.

One needs to examine not only elements, but the quadriplicities, angularity, dignity, etc.

Every chart is a complex entity, as is a person - and reductionism is a trap for astrologers to fall into that does serious harm to the client, astrologer and how astrology is perceived as a whole.