Is sun-conjunct mars an indicator of courage?

Erickaf

Well my brothers both have Sun-Mars in Cancer conjunction, they are very aggressive and assertive. I won't say they are courageous, not in my definition of courageous. I define courageous as someone who is fearless and brave in spirit. My brothers are not, they are very insecure and would be traumatized by drastic changes in their life. They see everything as difficult!
But when it comes to confrontation, they are not scared. They love it:lol:.

IleneK

Premium Member
What would be the biggest indicators of courage and cowardice in a birth chart? The Mars-sun relations is my only guess...

Just thinking out loud here.

The word "courage" come from the Anglo-French word for heart, "coer." The Sun and the sign it rules, Leo, are about heart. So I think the key indicator for courage is the condition of the Sun: its sign, house placement, aspects. Then the other planets can empower or obstruct. Clearly, Mars in initiating Aries, the warrior can give energy to going forward; Mars in fixed Scorpio can give intensity, power; Jupiter can amplify...

Lin

Essence, I think the fixed signs....and especially Aquarius, are very hesitant to stick their necks out unless there's a **** good reason.
It's funny, but you have Sun in Scorpio square a Leo Asc and I have Sun in Leo square a Scorpio ascendant....
But it stops there...I have all my planets between the 7th and 11th....nothing in the 4th but the s.node.
Your 4th house is quite 'heavy' and I'm wondering what your first memories are?
And how far back do you remember?
If you don't mind sharing this....
LIN

bittermoon

Well my brothers both have Sun-Mars in Cancer conjunction, they are very aggressive and assertive. I won't say they are courageous, not in my definition of courageous. I define courageous as someone who is fearless and brave in spirit. My brothers are not, they are very insecure and would be traumatized by drastic changes in their life. They see everything as difficult!
But when it comes to confrontation, they are not scared. They love it:lol:.

i recognise this. my ex-hb has this same configuration. not liking this in cancer, at all. having said that, i dated somebody else after this and he had the conjunction in aries, which can make for a really pushy bstrd.

LeoCassandra

My friend has sun-conjunct mars in Libra and she is hmm very self confident especially when it comes to her look. And she is verbal aggressive from time to time:whistling:

Last edited: