curious about pluto

daisy1317

Hi all :happy:

I have some quick questions regarding pluto in synastry.. how about another's pluto in my 4th house? How will this make me feel? Also, if our sun opposition pluto and moon conjunct pluto??

Fatal attraction? May uproot my private domestic life?

Kenoshamaensa

I have some quick questions regarding pluto in synastry.. how about another's pluto in my 4th house? How will this make me feel? ... Fatal attraction? May uproot my private domestic life?

Pluto in the 4th would, I think, cause shifts and "soul searching" with regard to your domestic sphere ... not necessarily bad. Depends. It would be an "overhaul" of your homelife. The problem with a 4th house Pluto in a long term relationship is that Pluto tends to cause periodic "death and rebirth." I have a natal near-exact Mercury-Pluto conjunction (and Uranus in that mix). What that does is cause me to engage in very intense, deep study of subjects that catch my interest. This will often involve years of study, so it's not fleeting. After I've studied it "to death," I lose interest and move on to a new subject. Now, some of that change owes to Uranus, but Pluto tempers it, requires in-depth study, but then (when finished) moves on to a new subject.

Now, put that Pluto in your 4th house. Pluto will plumb to your depths, cause deep thinking, revision of your life ... then rebirth. In a short term relationship (of some years, not some weeks, mind), that might be very healing. Pluto is ALSO a healer: death AND resurrection. But in a long-term relationship of living together or marriage, a 4th house Pluto might be really *disruptive* with it's need for complete change periodically.

Also, if our sun opposition pluto and moon conjunct pluto??

I'm a tad unclear on this. when you say "our" that sounds like Composite, not Synastry, which is a different animal. Clarify?

daisy1317

Thankyou very much! What you said makes a ton of sense, as that is exactly what it's doing.. and you're right, it also may not be a bad thing. I believe in fate, that sometimes the forces that be put certain people in your life to help you on your path. Right now I am definitely plumbing into the depths and truths and reality of my domestic situation, seriously thinking about what's right, and considering revisions, which may ultimately be a rebirth for myself :)

When I said 'our', I meant our synastry :)
My pluto is trine his sun, conjunct his moon, square neptune, uranus, the north node and chiron.
His pluto is opposed my sun and mars, semi square jupiter and saturn, opposed chiron and square my ascendant.

Another quick question ;-) Do you know anything about saturn conjunct the descendant and saturn conjunct the south node? I have been trying to look for information on the internet, but I can't find very much.

Thanks again for your insight!

Kenoshamaensa

Thank you very much! ....

You're welcome. :)

When I said 'our', I meant our synastry :)
My pluto is trine his sun, conjunct his moon, square neptune, uranus, the north node and chiron.

His pluto is opposed my sun and mars, semi square jupiter and saturn, opposed chiron and square my ascendant.

That helps. My own experience with Pluto involved with either of the lights (Sun or Moon) is that Pluto CONTROLS the situation, although Pluto rarely pursues (directly). This can be REALLY frustrating for the "light" person. Pluto hates to appear "weak" or at the mercy of another (especially emotionally), even if s/he may feel so.

In contrast, however, if Pluto begins to feel s/he is losing the upper hand and/or the "light" person is drifting away, they will go to some lengths to regain/retain the relationship ... but again, subtly. All this assumes, btw, the rest of the chart shows so attraction between them. (If the Pluto connection is all there is, the Pluto person may feel drawn to the light person, but won't have too much invested or care. So this is dependent on the Pluto person having some personal planet involvement with the Light person.)

Now, in your case, he has both lights involved with your Pluto, but you also have your Pluto involved with his Sun ... so there's mutual fascination, although in your case, it may be mixed feelings. An opposition indicates interest in synastry, but usually some power plays, as well -- not friction the same as a square, but (especially with Pluto!) attempt to control or dominate.

Additional point ... in general, aspects between the outer planets don't count for much in synastry, as these are generational. I disregard them. I also disregard outer planets to Jupiter or (esp.) Saturn. They all move too slowly. In fact, I even disregard (to some degree) Jupiter-Saturn aspects, unless very tight or a Light/Venus/Mars are involved (not Mercury really). So concentrate on the INNER planets.

I will add, I think people unfairly disregard Mercury in synastry. No, it's not about "romance," but if two charts don't show some decent Mercury synastry (or at least not friction), they won't have much to talk about long-term, and not much "meeting of minds." So some good Mercury aspects are important, imo, even if they don't promise attraction.

Another quick question ;-) Do you know anything about saturn conjunct the descendant and saturn conjunct the south node? I have been trying to look for information on the internet, but I can't find very much.

Saturn is both stabilizing as well as constricting. WITHOUT some Saturn present in synastry, forget it lasting. Even harsh Saturn aspects will grant some longevity, but a lack of Saturn ... the relationship will be short-lived. I've seen this again and again. So Saturn is NOT the bad guy. Saturn at the descendant could grant a long marriage, in fact, depending. I think it might be better from the 6th house, as if placed in the 7th house, it could be stability, OR it could *deny* marriage. Uranus on the descendant has the opposite effect. It will eventually break up a marriage -- even a long-lasting one, especially if it's in the 7th house. There might be some ways of making it work, but it's tough. Uranus is instability, and it will eventually shake up the house.

The South Node represents familiarity, and the North Node, lessons to learn. So someone else with planets conjunct one's S. Node will feel "familiar" (usually). Planets conjunct the N. Node ... not so much, but it's generally considered the better connection.

Nodes reversed (N. Node conj. S. Node, and vice-versa) are especially good, but it needs to be a tight orb. (2 degrees at most, I think.)

daisy1317

Thanks alot!
That is exactly what seems to be happening. We are mutually fascinated by each other, him only being a 'colleague', and literally when we see each other, we have an extremely hard time staying away from each other. And not only is it obvious to us, it's also obvious, attracting attention, from those around us. I think though, that we both have mixed feelings on the situation, and are settling, and content, knowing that the feelings are mutual. Without really understanding why ;-)

This is slowly starting to make sense, his pluto in my 4th house is really rocking the boat in my domestic life. He is someone I am often* thinking about, and, vice versa.

As for other contacts, we have A LOT of saturn contacts as well. But how much is TOO MUCH? That makes alot of pluto and saturn, and from what I've read, maybe not the best thing?

My saturn square his sun, mercury (and uranus) , semi square mars, and trine saturn.
His saturn trine my mercury, venus, saturn (and jupiter), and square my mars.

That was something quite interesting about uranus in the 7th house. I looked at my composite with my partner, and we have composite uranus in the 7th house. To say the least, our relationship is far from stable, and extremely difficult.

Thanks again, you are teaching me lots!! :)

Kenoshamaensa

How much is TOO much is a difficult question to answer. A lot really depends on your OWN natal charts. Look at how much Pluto and Saturnian influence you each have.

Here's the thing with synastry ... we are drawn to things that both mirror our charts AND represent *lack* in our charts. So, for instance, I tend to be drawn to Plutonian and Aquarian types myself due to the very powerful Mercury-Pluto-(Uranus) conjunction in my own chart. As long as Scorpio is sufficiently "airy" he doesn't scare me. Same with Uranian people, as well as Pisces. And Libra, but that's because I'm a Libra Sun and Pisces Rising. Ironically, Aries Sun people drive me batty, even though I'm an Aries Moon, but it's anaretic degree, which means it's virtually in Taurus. Additionally, I have an inconjunct between my Sun and Moon, which means Aries people (in too much proximity) rub me up the wrong way. In small doses, I get on fine with them, but in long-term relationships? It usually ends badly in an explosion over VERY different approaches.

This is useful because it illustrates that having something prominent in our charts doesn't necessarily mean we want or need that in a partner. By contrast, a couple of my better friends are either Gemini or Sagittarius Suns. Sagi is at my MC, but in general, both of these are "empty" signs for me, meaning I can feel drawn to Gemini-Sagi people, as they fill a need that is "angular" in my chart.

So you need to look at your OWN natal chart and his to see what is "strong" and what is "weak," and whether the planets in question fill largely "positive" roles or negative.

For instance, again using my own chart, the "old devil" Saturn is relatively strong and *positive* in my own chart. Saturn is rising, in the anaretic degree of Aquarius, which is co-rules, so it's dignified by sign. The 12th isn't a bad house for Saturn, either, if not the best house. And while yes, there are some "negative" aspects from Saturn in my life (like the moon, it's inconjunct my sun forming part of a Yod pattern), overall, I find Saturn to be a "positive" factor. That doesn't mean transits from Saturn can't "sit" heavily on me. Same with Pluto. In my natal chart, Pluto is mostly a POSITIVE. But in transit, I DREAD Pluto. Still, in *other* people's charts, I don't find Plutonian or Saturnian (or Uranian) people off-putting.

So HOW you experience synastry aspects depends a LOT on you own individual natal charts.