Spiritual quotes

Some favorites:

"You cannot do awareness, you can only BE awareness." - Ram Dass

"You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body." - C.S. Lewis

"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned." - Buddha

"Those who know do not speak. Those who speak, do not know." - Lao Tzu

"Darkness is the absence of light." - Albert Einstein

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." - Gandhi

"Thoughts become things." - The Secret

and "A New Earth" by Eckhart Tolle.

This is a good site as well: www.spiritquotes.com

:sideways:

Last edited:

Carris

Thanks StillOne. This quote keeps me on the right track...

“You should check your vices while on earth. If you do not, you carry them over with you to another life. Only we can rid ourselves of the bad habits that we accumulate when we are in a physical state. If you choose to fight and not to rid yourself, then you will carry them over into another life. Only when you decide that you are strong enough to master the external problems, then you will no longer have them in your next life. "

Many Lives Many Masters - Dr Brian Weiss

lazarusx

"The scholar gains every day, but the Taoist loses every day.” - Lao Tzu - Source

"An ordinary man seeks freedom through enlightenment. An enlightened man expresses freedom through being ordinary." - Adyashanti - Source

"He who experiences the unity of life sees his own Self in all beings, and all beings in his own Self, and looks on everything with an impartial eye." - Gautama Buddha - Source

"I die daily" - Corinthians 15:31

powerion

book about the sun many people write stories, passage by Hellan Keller she starts off by saying "the first time I met God." first time she walked outside.

lewis carroll quotes

"what is that?
"is that a human? I never believed I would ever see such a thing."
“Do you know, I always thought unicorns were fabulous monsters, too? I never saw one alive before!"
Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn, "if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you. Is that a bargain?”

“How doth the little crocodile
Improve his shining tail,
And pour the waters of the Nile
On every golden scale!

How cheerfully he seems to grin,
How neatly he spreads his claws,
And welcomes little fishes in,
With gently smiling jaws!”

“I could tell you my adventures—beginning from this morning,” said Alice a little timidly; “but it’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.”

“We are but older children, dear,
Who fret to find our bedtime near.”

“Alice sighed wearily. "I think you might do something better with the time," she said, "than wasting it in asking riddles that have no answers."

If you knew Time as well as I do," said the Hatter, "you wouldn't talk about wasting it. It's him."

I don't know what you mean," said Alice.

Of course you don't!" the Hatter said, tossing his head contemptuously. "I dare say you never even spoke to Time!"

Perhaps not," Alice cautiously replied: "but I know I have to beat time when I learn music."

Ah! That accounts for it," said the Hatter. "He won't stand beating. Now, if you only kept on good terms with him, he'd do almost anything you liked with the clock.

StillOne

Man, both in the past and in present times,
has devoted most of his attention to mastering
outer events, caring little for the inner events.
This is the reason he has so many problems,
for there has to be knowledge of the inner
environment to achieve peace of mind and
higher awareness.

Source: A Systematic Course in Yoga... By Satyananda​

Carris

"Patience and timing - everything comes when it must come. A life cannot be rushed, cannot be worked on a schedule as so many people want it to be. We must accept what comes to us at a given time, and not ask for more. But life is endless, so we never die; we were never really born. We just pass through different phases. There is no end. Humans have many dimensions. But time is not as we see time, but rather in lessons that are learned."

Many Lives Many Masters - Dr Brian Weiss
A graduate of Columbia University and Yale Medical School, Brian L. Weiss M.D. is Chairman Emeritus of Psychiatry at the Mount Sinai Medical Center in Miami.

In 1980, a woman, Catherine, was being hypnotized by a psychiatrist as a solution to her uncontrollable anxiety and nightmares. Unexpectedly, while under hypnosis, Catherine began to narrate events from a previous lifetime and convey messages from the "in between lives" state.

JerryRR

If there is light in the soul,
There will be beauty in the person.
If there is beauty in the person,
There will be harmony in the house.
If there is harmony in the house,
There will be order in the nation.
If there is order in the nation,
There will be peace in the world.

Chinese Proverb.

JerryRR

One night a man had a dream.
He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Across the sky flashed scenes from his life.
For each scene,he noted two sets of footprints in the sand;one belonging to him,and the other to the Lord.
When the last scene of his life flashed before him,he looked back at the footprints in the sand.
He noticed that many times along the path of his life there was only one set of footprints.
He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in his life.
This really bothered him and he questioned the Lord about it.
"Lord,you said that once I decided to follow you,you'd walk with me all the way.But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life,there is only one set of footprints.I don't understand why when I needed you most you would leave me."
The Lord replied,"My precious,precious child,I Love you and I would never leave you.During your times of trial and suffering,when you see only one set of footprints,it was then that I carried you."

Footprints.Author unknown.

piercethevale

One night a man had a dream.
He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Across the sky flashed scenes from his life.
For each scene,he noted two sets of footprints in the sand;one belonging to him,and the other to the Lord.
When the last scene of his life flashed before him,he looked back at the footprints in the sand.
He noticed that many times along the path of his life there was only one set of footprints.
He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in his life.
This really bothered him and he questioned the Lord about it.
"Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you, you'd walk with me all the way. But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life, there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why when I needed you most you would leave me."
The Lord replied, "My precious, precious child, I Love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."

Footprints.Author unknown.

...that's beautiful, man.

poyi

Premium Member
Talking about 12th house....

When we die, when the ego of the 1st house eventually died, we may raise into the 12th as the Sunraise.

"Humility is freedom from your own driven ego."
-----Marta Kilpartrick

For same seeking spiritual enlightenment at time also created an secret enemy of their own.

"A proud Monk needs no demon. He has turned into one, an enemy to himself."
------John Climacus

Initially the people whom receiving the Greatness from above are all sincere beggars to start with and continue to beg for more, like an infant crying desperately in hunger.

"There is no room for God in him who is full of himself."
-----Martin Buber

It is amazing to see how a perfect God falls in love with creatures such as ourselves.

"God is not proud...He will still have us even though we shown that we prefer everything else to Him."
-----CS Lewis

The door to the Highest Spiritual House. To know what we are and more importantly to know what we are not.

"The proof of spiritual maturity is not how pure your are but awareness of your impurity. That very awareness opens the door to grace."
-----Philip Yancey

Last edited:

JerryRR

The thought manifests as the word;
The word manifests as the deed;
The deed develops into habit;
And habit hardens into character;
So watch the thought and its ways with care,
And let it spring from love
Born out of concern for all beings....

As the shadow follows the body,as we think,so we become.

Sayings of the Buddha.

poyi

Premium Member
My most faviourite book, The Little Prince, the book that taught me about love, friendship and the foolish things about being an adult.

Fox: And now here's my secret, a very simple secret: It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eyes.

poyi

Premium Member
“The truth is, unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that that situation is over, you cannot move forward.”
― Steve Maraboli

“It is important that we forgive ourselves for making mistakes. We need to learn from our errors and move on.”
― Steve Maraboli

I wish the courage of innocence will save me from the never ending disappointment.