Venus square Pluto in Natal Chart

anjelik

I've read various things about Venus square Pluto. What are your experiences (either yourself or with others) regarding Venus square Pluto in a Natal Chart? I personally have this aspect and I am just curious about others experiences either having it themselves or being involved with someone who has it.

Is it an all bad aspect? There has to be an up side, right?!

Last edited:

lazarusx

I have this, aswell as Mars square Pluto. This is my response from another thread:

In my own experience, relationships are always intense and all-consuming for me. If i like someone it can turn into a near obsession and there's often jealousy and suspicion involved.

I also have Mars conjunct Venus squaring Pluto, so i have this insane mixture of passion, love and intensity all wound up together. Everything to do with love and sex is extremely intense for me; relationships become serious because so much of myself is involved..

This was written on another forum but its very relevant to myself:

"Another scenario I can think of is, the person is so scared that they (consciously or not) choose partners who will ultimately reject them. The person will ignore someone who is really interested and instead go after someone they know won't reciprocate. This allows them to stay out of a serious relationship and also gives the appearance that no one loves them back (unrequited love)."

I do this all the time, people who want me i ignore, and people who ignore me.. i obsess over.

As for the upsides, there's massive potential for real transformation in relationships. Infact; i learn more about myself as a person in a short relationship then i ever have on my own my entire life. Because all my weakness's are projected back at me through my partner.. my shadow self comes into the picture that i otherwise am unable to see. And been able to acknowledge that and confront that part of yourself through your partner creates an enormous shift in personal transformation and perspective.

Last edited:

anjelik

I have this, aswell as Mars square Pluto. This is my response from another thread:

In my own experience, relationships are always intense and all-consuming for me. If i like someone it can turn into a near obsession and there's often jealousy and suspicion involved.

I also have Mars conjunct Venus squaring Pluto, so i have this insane mixture of passion, love and intensity all wound up together. Everything to do with love and sex is extremely intense for me; relationships become serious because so much of myself is involved..

This was written on another forum but its very relevant to myself:

I do this all the time, people who want me i ignore, and people who ignore me.. i obsess over.

As for the upsides, there's massive potential for real transformation in relationships. Infact; i learn more about myself as a person in a short relationship then i ever have on my own my entire life. Because all my weakness's are projected back at me through my partner.. my shadow self comes into the picture that i otherwise am unable to see. And been able to acknowledge that and confront that part of yourself through your partner creates an enormous shift personal transformation and perspective.

I can relate to all of that. In my earlier years, I would often choose partners that were beneath me. I refer to it as "slumming it." I think I did this because I was so afraid of being rejected that if I was above someone in my mind that they wouldn't hurt me. Ultimately these men were just jerks and would end up treating me badly anyway. I do agree with you that I learn SO MUCH from every relationship, no matter how short. However, it did take me a while to break the cycle and stop dating the same kind of guy over and over. I'm finally with someone that I think is at my level and it's nice, but terrifying for me. He has Mars square Pluto so now I fear that he will be trying to manipulate me. Pluto really messes with my mind.

anjelik

lazarusx: Being someone with intense Pluto contacts, do you also find that you're drawn to people with a Pluto contacts as well? I seem to find them the most fascinating.

My current boyfriend has Mars (5th house, Cancer) square Pluto (7th house, Libra). A guy I dated for close to a year had Mars (3rd house, Leo) square Pluto (5th house, Scorpio) and Venus (1st house, Cancer) sextile Pluto - probably the hottest I've ever been for someone in my entire life. It really was so intense, like we would get lost in each others souls for hours (a "quickie" NEVER happened). And my serious boyfriend of 3 years which whom I lived with had Venus (9th house, Leo) trine Pluto (12th house, Libra) AND Mars (8th house, Gemini) trine Pluto. Looking back there were things I did not trust about him - he had this secret dark side to him sexually (would look at lots of ****, etc. and it would drive me insane). The most interesting correlation I can see between the two Mars square Pluto guys are that they both LOVE when I serve them. I recall the Mars + Venus + Pluto guy voicing that often. My current boyfriend tries to make demands, almost as a test to see how far he can push me and seems to be appreciative when I do not give in. It's as if he respects the fact that I stand up to him. Because of my Venus square Pluto I feel that I love the feeling of power I get from serving someone, but at the same time if they demand something I am turned off by the request and do not get any sort of joy out of it. I also have Pluto conj my Mars though, so perhaps that's why.

Last edited:

kimbermoon

re Venus/Pluto; that which doesn't kill us makes us stronger...I think this is so true with this configuration. In this case, that aspect is angular, making it's significance stronger. The square aspect has been recently debated, suggesting it is not all bad...I think of it in terms of there being a chance to progress and transform, and probably there is a reason or need for it. We are talking here of powerful, dynamic love connections, the source of which lies in the past [referred to as being karmic in nature]; power struggles and issues of control in love; the potential for obsessions, possessiveness and jealousy often underlie the tension of this aspect. With reference to the Soul, Pluto can relate to psychological issues from deep wounding in the person's past, which in turn serves to erode their personal relationships. With the square, something has to be re-considered or examined, in order to be transformed. I personally do not have this aspect, although my experience with Pluto/Moon is similar in many ways; a family member has this in her chart, and boy there is definitely dynamite in this relationship. Pluto shows that power for transformation; some say it shows an aspect of divine love, or one that is spiritually infused, in the long term. Venus so dominated is linked to poor self-esteem [self-image], leaving the individual with a strong sense of disempowerment, whereby the individual allows themselves to be dominated or manipulated by others [subconsciously]. Or they may in turn attempt to exert control over their partners. Venus also relates to one's values and social integrations and it is also about our expectations in life, as to whether they are real, or unrealistic for the native. One must then defer to the aspects of the planets separately, as well as their rulerships for further insight. Could you describe your personal experiences of this to us?

anjelik

re Venus/Pluto; that which doesn't kill us makes us stronger...I think this is so true with this configuration. In this case, that aspect is angular, making it's significance stronger. The square aspect has been recently debated, suggesting it is not all bad...I think of it in terms of there being a chance to progress and transform, and probably there is a reason or need for it. We are talking here of powerful, dynamic love connections, the source of which lies in the past [referred to as being karmic in nature]; power struggles and issues of control in love; the potential for obsessions, possessiveness and jealousy often underlie the tension of this aspect. With reference to the Soul, Pluto can relate to psychological issues from deep wounding in the person's past, which in turn serves to erode their personal relationships. With the square, something has to be re-considered or examined, in order to be transformed. I personally do not have this aspect, although my experience with Pluto/Moon is similar in many ways; a family member has this in her chart, and boy there is definitely dynamite in this relationship. Pluto shows that power for transformation; some say it shows an aspect of divine love, or one that is spiritually infused, in the long term. Venus so dominated is linked to poor self-esteem [self-image], leaving the individual with a strong sense of disempowerment, whereby the individual allows themselves to be dominated or manipulated by others [subconsciously]. Or they may in turn attempt to exert control over their partners. Venus also relates to one's values and social integrations and it is also about our expectations in life, as to whether they are real, or unrealistic for the native. One must then defer to the aspects of the planets separately, as well as their rulerships for further insight. Could you describe your personal experiences of this to us?

Hmmm that's a really loaded question - I could go into a lot of detail here.

Since as long as I can remember I've always had a poor self-image. I don't know where it stems from but I recall even being a child in elementary school and not feeling as pretty as the other girls. This is ironic because I am actually considered quite attractive, but I rarely feel it. I also have Venus in my first house, so I can be quite vain at times. I pay a lot of attention to my appearance and I put a lot of emphasis on it. I never have a shortage of potential suitors, whether I am in a relationship or not I am constantly pursued, but I always choose the guy who is the biggest loser of them all (with exception to my first college boyfriend who I dated for 2 years and my now current boyfriend). Most men I choose to date are well beneath me and I do think that this has to do with self esteem and not feeling that I am good enough - but good enough really stems from the physical. It's very twisted but for an attractive woman I am very insecure, though no one would ever know it because I mask that very well. Many people say that I give off a very strong take no **** kind of attitude and that I carry myself well. Perhaps this is all Venus and Pluto. I never really thought about it until now, really.

Re: jealousy, obsession and all of the other dark aspects of Pluto - I can definitely relate. I OBSESS in my head about things. If I think you are cheating on me or you are lying to me or whatever it is, I will DIG and dig and dig until I find something. It's almost as if I want to find something just to make myself feel bad. I actually had an issue with my boyfriend the other night where I thought he was lying to me and I found evidence that what he said was untrue and said "do not ever lie to me." The reality of the situation was that we misunderstood each other via text. I took it and ran with it like the typical psycho I can be. I really do not like this side of me - it's dark. I can also be very vindictive - if I feel like someone is not being faithful to me I have to fight these inner urges to not go out and do something to hurt them in order to "one up." It is a very difficult struggle not to do this and thankfully I have my Venus in Capricorn so I have a better shot of not acting out than if it were in a different sign.

Power struggles... hmmm. I don't see that directly, but outsiders do. My friends say that I subtly try to control my boyfriends. I know my ex of 3 yrs mother said that I was too controlling and she didn't like it. Neither did his Scorpio cousin. He had a lot of people in his life that tried to control him and none of them liked me and it was mutual. So perhaps the energy is recognized when I meet someone with a similar agenda.

I have a lot of Scorpio friends and I enjoy their energy. I find that many women with heavy Scorpio throughout their chart are not favored by women. I on the other hand very much admire this raw sexual energy that they project. I am almost envious of it in a way and am mesmerized. But that is one observation I've always had about my Scorpio female friends. I often have issues with women at work disliking me (I'm a love or hate kind of person I've noticed) - most women like me but there are a select few that despise me and I wonder if perhaps it's the Venus square Pluto energy that they do not like and feel intimated by? Something to look into I suppose.

Not sure if I answered your question and I've rambled quite a bit so I'm going to stop :)

Last edited:

lazarusx

lazarusx: Being someone with intense Pluto contacts, do you also find that you're drawn to people with a Pluto contacts as well? I seem to find them the most fascinating.

Yes.

Along with Venus/Mars squaring Pluto.. my Sun/Chiron Trines Pluto. So i feel as though i harmonize with the intensity of the plutonic energy.

One of my closest friends has a Scorpio Ascendant and a very powerful Scorpio Moon; i've had long dicussions related to psychology, sex, relationships, philosophy and personal healing/transformation. For both of us, there is a deep obsession with the self and the burning desire to transform/heal.

I also attract scorpion females; for some their intensity is too much but for me it seems normal.. i have one female friend with strong pluto contacts, she is like Scorpio incarnate; she has this very deep intoxicating sexual presence, her personality is like the physical expression of all the qualities of Scorpio.. she will talk about what other people would only ever fantasize about, i think people are drawn to her whether they find her repulsive or endearing because she exudes this magnetic quality of authenticity.

My first girlfriend was a Scorpio Sun; i struggled to keep up with her sexual appetite.. she was quite reserved and quiet in public but there was a burning sexuality underneath.. our relationship was quite intense when i compare it to my other partners (Last two ex's had strong Capricorn influences, more emotional distance). We both had a history of drug use; which in retrospect doesn't surprise me with the energy of pluto needing to seek out intense experiences. When it ended though, she cut me out of her life indefnitley and i've never seen,spoken to or heard from in over 5 years; which again reminds me of the plutonic energy of all or nothing. Either your completely mine or nothing at all.

anjelik

Yes.

Along with Venus/Mars squaring Pluto.. my Sun/Chiron Trines Pluto. So i feel as though i harmonize with the intensity of the plutonic energy.

One of my closest friends has a Scorpio Ascendant and a very powerful Scorpio Moon; i've had long dicussions related to psychology, sex, relationships, philosophy and personal healing/transformation. For both of us, there is a deep obsession with the self and the burning desire to transform/heal.

I also attract scorpion females; for some their intensity is too much but for me it seems normal.. i have one female friend with strong pluto contacts, she is like Scorpio incarnate; she has this very deep intoxicating sexual presence, her personality is like the physical expression of all the qualities of Scorpio.. she will talk about what other people would only ever fantasize about, i think people are drawn to her whether they find her repulsive or endearing because she exudes this magnetic quality of authenticity.

My first girlfriend was a Scorpio Sun; i struggled to keep up with her sexual appetite.. she was quite reserved and quiet in public but there was a burning sexuality underneath.. our relationship was quite intense when i compare it to my other partners (Last two ex's had strong Capricorn influences, more emotional distance). We both had a history of drug use; which in retrospect doesn't surprise me with the energy of pluto needing to seek out intense experiences. When it ended though, she cut me out of her life indefnitley and i've never seen,spoken to or heard from in over 5 years; which again reminds me of the plutonic energy of all or nothing. Either your completely mine or nothing at all.

Again, I can relate to all of that, except the drug use (I only experimented in high school and college, nothing excessive). Talking about sex and any taboo subject is just like coffee talk to me. There is really nothing that can shock me and I've always attributed this to my Mercury being in Aqua, but perhaps it's also my Pluto contacts. I really have never even considered Pluto to be so strong in my chart until now. Like your exgf, I've been told that I have an insatiable sexual appetite. I've also been told in so many words that I'm very different sexually than the average female. I guess I am willing to get completely raw in the moment and perhaps some people cannot let go in that respect. This is something you would never know about me if you weren't intimate with me because I definitely do not give off the impression that I would ever let go or let my hair down (Cap ASC).

I have a few Scorpio female friends. It is definitely an energy to be threatened by if you don't understand it. I understand a Scorpio woman. My one friend has a stellium in Scorpio (Sun, Venus, Mars, Mercury) - talk about INTENSE and EMOTION. She walks into a room and takes it over and just oozes sex appeal. Her energy makes me feel like I'm a fat little oompa loompa, when in reality conventionally I am attractive. It's funny how aesthetics really do not matter when it comes to sex appeal at times. She is a definite threat to most females and none of my other female friends like her. They all have negative things to say about her. We have a healing relationship with each other more than anything. She happens to be my neighbor and I moved into this building after a very bad break up. I almost feel this karmic link to her, like I was supposed to move into this building just so we could meet. We otherwise would not have because we are so different in terms of our social lives.

Kind of off topic, but my current bf's exgf is a Scorpio - they were together 9 years and never married. He's a Pisces Sun so it's a very typical pairing and I almost assumed that only a Scorpio would stay with a Pisces for that long and never result in marriage. Ironically all of my Pisces male friends that have been in long term relationships have always been with Scorpio females (usually 5+ yrs). And my said Scorpio female friend was with a Pisces male for 7 years. None of these relationships have resulted in marriage and I wonder why. We are all in our 30s (ranging from early to late).

Being a male with such intense Pluto contacts, do you find that women feel the same about you? I have such amazing physical experiences with men who have heavy Pluto in their charts. It's like we connect on a different level. I have always liked some Leo in a man's chart, because I like the fixed energy, but perhaps I've been mistaking it this entire time.. they all have had Pluto contacts!

Last edited:

SVP

I just got involved with someone who has Venus square Pluto and our relationship...scares me. He's a very sweet guy and lets me know how he feels about me on a regular basis, but the intensity of his feelings are just too intense at times, especially considering the fact that I can't reciprocate them atm...but he's VERY passionate and sensual and I LOVE IT!!

When we first met he was instantly attracted and obsessed with me and I was...confused. Very, very confused. I rejected him at first and then after a few months of not speaking to each other at all we met by coincidence and I agreed to give him a chance. His feelings have not changed and he's very adamant at expressing them...it's really intense and weird in my opinion, but I'm interested in what I can learn from this experience. We also have some "karmic/past life indicators" that could point to that weird feeling that this brings but...

Oh we're both pretty plutonic by ourselves...He also has Sun trine pluto and moon sextile pluto...I have a mars/venus conjunction in a wide trine to pluto with sun square pluto, and a scorpio ascendant. We'll see how this works out...

mina23

I just got involved with someone who has Venus square Pluto and our relationship...scares me. He's a very sweet guy and lets me know how he feels about me on a regular basis, but the intensity of his feelings are just too intense at times, especially considering the fact that I can't reciprocate them atm...but he's VERY passionate and sensual and I LOVE IT!!

When we first met he was instantly attracted and obsessed with me and I was...confused. Very, very confused. I rejected him at first and then after a few months of not speaking to each other at all we met by coincidence and I agreed to give him a chance. His feelings have not changed and he's very adamant at expressing them...it's really intense and weird in my opinion, but I'm interested in what I can learn from this experience. We also have some "karmic/past life indicators" that could point to that weird feeling that this brings but...

Oh we're both pretty plutonic by ourselves...He also has Sun trine pluto and moon sextile pluto...I have a mars/venus conjunction in a wide trine to pluto with sun square pluto, and a scorpio ascendant. We'll see how this works out...

I had a very similar experience (me being the pluto/venus person) referencing your middle paragraph. I have never been so intense/witnessed such intensity between two people.

What moon does he have?

I have a slightly hard time relating to what is said in this thread...I read mainly about the overwhelming intensity which I don't think I have...
I have scorpio ASC which I think makes me very private with my emotions. People don't normally know how I feel (but recently I think that's changing). Maybe when it comes to romantic relationships my emotions can be noticeable/intense. I have a Capricorn moon too so maybe that's why I've been told that someone can't open up to me personally about their emotions because I "won't care" :rolleyes: :unsure:

I think I mainly come across as powerful+intimidating (Venus 10th/Pluto1st) more than intense....especially when it comes to my emotions...